Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 28, 2017 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's cool to see Koharu continue to expand ideas with her friends.

I think her role as the queen (with the crown of course!) suits her very well at this point. The performance she set up with kids, pros, and of course a bit of Chupacabra was amusing. Her singing felt kinda questionable though in terms of ability but I think in the general sense, Koharu's role this episode impressed me.

The game show like atmosphere is also a nice addition.
Jun 28, 2017 9:29 AM

Apr 2010
The event and the show worked out but the television show didn't work out, both from the perspective of the girls and the producer it seems.
Guess they have to work out some things between them.
And Yoshino seems to have taken it hard.
Maybe she just needs to get her mind clear.
Jun 28, 2017 9:48 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode as always.

Glad to see the founding festival was success but was it really the success that the girls wanted?
I loved the intro to the festival with Yoshi looking up and finding so many people there, most of the festival montage was really nice.

Sucks that the quiz was overshadowed by the band but there's really nothing you can do about it since they were the main attraction anyway.
The coupons were basically thrown out, that's sad. To be honest, it's not very surprising though, not everyone keeps the random coupons they receive.

The TV show basically changed everything to fit their needs and boost popularity, why am I not surprised?
Seeing Yoshi all downtrodden like that make me feel sad. :(

Is she going back to city? I hope she recovers from this set back. :(

Meanwhike, Sandal was boss this episode, I laughed so much at the 'Ping Pong' and when he said his full name. XDD
Jun 28, 2017 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
The festival did well, but also not really. Things didn't go as planned. The band was the main attraction, so the trivia didn't do good. Sandal winning was funny. Got to know his full name. Lots of coupons were handed out, but barely anyone used it. The TV show just showed things that could boost their views. That sucks. The producer isn't too happy about that. Looks like Yoshino might leave. I hope she recovers.
Jun 28, 2017 10:46 AM

Jun 2017
I really hope something happens for Yoshino-chan to come back. I get what she means with the whole "it's not all about making people come" because people can come and go, but she wants to make the place more lively and have it boom a lot. Honestly, I can understand why they were so bummed because of the concert and the show.

It's a nice episode overall, but the pacing is slightly weird.
Jun 28, 2017 11:09 AM

Nov 2016
Shitty producer, talk about how to ruin source material.

Although the festival was basically a succes it didn't change anything afterwards.

To make matters worse it seems like Yoshino is giving herself the fault and now she wants to leave Manoyama :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2017 11:12 AM

Aug 2013
We finally know Sandal-san's real name. Alexandre Cena Davis Celibidache. Quite long though.

The festival was somewhat a success but clearly it wasn't what the girls wanted, neither the producer. I was hoping that the people/visitors would enjoy it but it is understandable since Manoyama is just a small town and the band was simply the main attraction. But seeing the girls being down really sucks. Hope they recover from this setback.

Jun 28, 2017 11:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was just foul what the TV station did with the program....The festival was indeed a success albeit a few hiccups but man I'm scared that for the long haul, they're not gonna get the crowd they were expecting :(

And poor Koharu looks like she's ready to give up and leave TwT
Jun 28, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2013
3/5- Sandals name is revealed...I'm still gonna call him Sandals.

Yoshi...has a decent singing voice but she shouldn't sing if we have Riri haha, but I guess she's gotta since she's the queen and Riri was busy helping her grandma.

Due to the concert being delayed, the trivia contest ended up being a disaster. No one got to learn more about the town and those who were there could barely hear over the music. The festival was a success but ultimately the girls didn't reach their goals, which was to revive their dying town.

To make matters worse, the tv show ended up showing the viewers that they practically hosted a concert rather than trying to revive it. While the town still saw no business from it or even show anything about the town.

Is Yoshi going to quit? Where is she going!? Next week's title seems troubling to me.

On a side note; Japanese people are really nice and put most of their garbage in the trash cans...We had 6 trash cans by the bathrooms at the Warped Tour but somehow people still "missed" them...idiots.

Jun 28, 2017 11:28 AM

May 2015
Can't say the event was that big of a success for the town in the long-term, and the producers of the documentary show didn't exactly help either....

Now I wonder what they're gonna do next. Also, it seems like Yoshino is pretty much about to give up and leave ;__;....

Jun 28, 2017 11:37 AM

Nov 2011

You can't see Sandal-san!

Side note when Yoshino found all those coupons in the trash my heart nearly broke T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Fall 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 28, 2017 11:44 AM

Jun 2017
Sad to see the festival and show did not quite pan out in the towns favor as much as I had hoped.

Sad to see Yoshino so down in the aftermath of things.

Sandals again with a good moment.
Jun 28, 2017 12:10 PM

Sep 2013
That shtty group delayed the show and the quiz competition was ruined, the tv show made manoyama seem like a dump too to boost the band's popularity :'( poor yoshi.
Jun 28, 2017 12:15 PM
Aug 2014
Leo_10 said:
We finally know Sandal-san's real name. Alexandre Cena Davis Celibidache. Quite long though.

So he wrote Sakura Quest, lol.

Jun 28, 2017 12:16 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, poor yoshino :/
Jun 28, 2017 1:16 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wow, i cringed.

That was what i sadly expected. It went even worse when the concert was overlapping with the trivia contest (their biggest weapon to revive the town).

Then sad reality kicked in when the show was aired and it didn't say jack shit about Manoyama itself. The band stole all the attention and is also the main draw for the TV show to get ratings. I like how the producer didnt like it either so maybe he'll come back into play.

That's a sudden exit from Yoshino, is she about to leave there? That would be disappointing and i hope it's not what it looks like.
Jun 28, 2017 1:28 PM

May 2010
Yoshino got really upset there. I guess anyone would be if they worked dat sincerely and wholeheartedly on smth, only to not be given credit for even the half the stuff they do. I hope Yoshino and the crew sneak in the office and let Ririko handle the editting in a way it shows Manoyama's appeal (I mean, in the upcoming episodes of their show). It will be like a "damn you" to the broadcasting team and more people might get interested in Manoyama. (tbh this is just a thought I wanted to share, nevermind. Doesn't seem very practical esp. in terms of the atmosphere of this show)
Jun 28, 2017 2:11 PM

Jan 2016
This show tackled the deep and hard truth to events such as these and how a "town" in this case can be marketed the wrong way. I think this was one of the best episode of the show just because of this. Not alot of animes do this and this was done perfectly
Jun 28, 2017 2:27 PM

Sep 2016
the tv show is boring af, this is why I don't watch TV anymore XD
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 28, 2017 3:40 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Lelouch0202 said:
Is she going back to city?
I would imagine she is going back to where she grew up. (there's no place back in Tokyo for her to go anyway)
Jun 28, 2017 4:00 PM

Dec 2016
That definitely didn't go the way they wanted it to when it came to the tv show, that was indeed the power of editing.

The rock show went very well though so at least that was a positive.

I'm sure the girls will come up with a new plan.

I did a google image search for Guam and it looks amazing.

I would love to jump into that show right now and ask Sandal if he would take me with him.
Jun 28, 2017 5:37 PM

Oct 2012
Smudy said:
I like how the producer didnt like it either so maybe he'll come back into play.
This really. I'm surprised at how many people seem to think that he wanted the show to end up like that. It was painfully obvious that he was actually extremely passionate about reviving Manoyama, and was just as disappointed, if not also extremely pissed off that they changed the contents of the show and made false edits.

Judging from the next ep title, Convicted Queen looks like Yoshino will come under some sort of guilt and blame, but it'll likely only be from herself really, seeing as how appreciative most of the townspeople were. I hope her friends help her get back on her feet, who knows maybe the producer will show up soon to apologize and propose a new idea.
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 28, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
What a downbeat ending for this ep - Yoshi seeming to depart the town, but we won't know until next week.

The band acted like douche bags, but that is the nature of rock bands. Maybe they'll redeem themselves in the future. I wonder if they liked the local eel restaurant? It was funny that they were referred to as "Plus Minus" instead of Ptolemaios. What a pretentious name. Are their songs about astrology, astronomy, geography, and mathematics?

I've never watched a "reality" TV show for the same reason that Moving Mountains disappointed the girls. They immediately strike me as fake just by seeing a commercial.

I liked Riri's Mothmanju. She must be reading John Keel.
Jun 28, 2017 8:26 PM
Nov 2016
Poor Yoshino....
Jun 28, 2017 9:59 PM

Mar 2016
Good episode but honestly the concept of this anime is getting kinda old fast. It's boring and I'm worried it won't get any better. They should have just made this a 12 episode anime imo. I guess we'll have to see what they do and if the can make it more interesting moving forward.
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 28, 2017 11:41 PM
Sep 2016
Those dumb people throwing their coupons, poor Yoshino :(

Jun 29, 2017 5:16 AM

Feb 2014
A great episode this was, but it also felt pretty sad for Yoshino and the others too. D=

They might've got the festival to have a short-term success, but the huge majority of the visitors were only at the place for the music band, and when the band finished, just about everyone left the festival altogether.

The reality of this must be really getting to Yoshino a lot now and she's taking the bus to the station, suitcase in hand, and is probably leaving temporarily. The next episode's title might relate to Yoshino's guilt about the festival not being a success, but hoping either herself, or someone else, will help her from her slump.

@Lord_of_Anime Personally, I'm glad that Sakura Quest has 25 episodes instead of 12. Sure, it might be slow paced at times, but with only 12 episodes and a pretty sizeable cast already, I can only imagine the amount of characters lacking any time to achieve any development and the story would feel less impactful and more rushed as well.
Jun 29, 2017 5:28 AM

Aug 2016
When Yoshino found all those coupons in the trash, and when she went into town realizing "nothing has changed" was heartbreaking.
To make things worst, the TV show focused on the wrong thing.

Being the Queen, she must feel responsible :(

If she's going back to Tokyo, maybe we'll get an episode where everyone goes to bring her back.
Hopefully everything works out, and this is just a bump in the road.
Jun 29, 2017 7:59 AM

Feb 2015
This anime is still horribly underrated at just 7.11...

SO the festival was a... kind of success. People came, but not for Manoyama at all. And the TV show completely ruined any positive affect it might have had. It makes sense for Yoshino to want to get away, but I'm sure she'll come back!
Jun 29, 2017 10:34 AM

Feb 2014
dm106 said:
Leo_10 said:

Wow mindblown!! And damn Ririko is savage to him.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 29, 2017 8:48 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Well the towns people made some profit but it wasn't really a total success since people only came for the band . Feel bad for Yoshino, she spent half a year working hard and in the end hardly no zero positive results. The frustration really got to her this time. Hopefully things get better for her.

Jun 30, 2017 9:29 AM

Jul 2016
Dammit those 3 pricks.
Jun 30, 2017 4:44 PM

Oct 2010
I like these girls, but sometimes I can't deal with watching how they work. Regardless of the concert being an unnatural stunt by the TV producers, they should have still made the basic effort to familiarize themselves with the band's music prior to meeting them. That's essential to get the best chance of making a good impression as hosts. The way it went down in the show, the message the band got was "We couldn't care less about your music, we just want to ride your coattails."

And why even plan to hold an event away from the concert stage right after the concert? Because the venue has to be the Chupakabura palace? I live in a small town, and when we've had music festivals here, the nearby college would be up on the main stage between artists, throwing their t-shirts to the visiting teens in the audience... who were irrationally excited to catch them. Your most captive audience is the crowd right before a concert starts. But of course they're also impatient and prone to anger, which is where I thought the episode would go, not that I wanted to see that.

The "reality show" itself was a strong case of http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StylisticSuck
Jun 30, 2017 9:35 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty bad timing announcing Ptolemaios' performance, and the quiz even haven't really started yet. Well at least there's still some people stayed to play.
And that Editing... Really messed up the girls spirit.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jul 1, 2017 12:16 PM

Jun 2015
I thought it was gonna work our this time but it's the complete opposite. And now Yoshino is leaving? no way.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 1, 2017 2:09 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty good. Not the strongest episode certainly. I thought the band was really boring. And honestly the bulk of the episode, the festival itself wasn't very exciting either. I mean I don't need this show to be thrilling. But it didn't do much with the characters and the festival itself wasn't fun to watch. The scene with the bus driver did drive something home to me. Which probably should have been apparent. The bus driver's lethargic nature is to show how the town has few visitors so he doesn't do much.

I did like how things backfired. Everything's turned out pretty well up till this point. And the way this little adventure overall failed was interesting. I hope it doesn't do the Yoshino doubting herself story it set up at the end for too long. Maybe she'll go back to Tokyo for the next episode.
Jul 1, 2017 7:57 PM
Jun 2016
What the TV station did with the show was awful but expected. It's all for ratings after all. I feel bad for all the girls, but Yoshino especially. She's really trying and it seems that her efforts were all for naught.

The first thought that jumps to mind is that she's going back to Tokyo, but I don't think this is the case. I believe she's going back to her hometown. Perhaps she wants to remember the things that made it great and not so great and why she wanted to leave so badly.

It brings to mind what Shiori said to Yoshino a while back about someone who abandoned their hometown not being able to understand what makes it special. Maybe she's gone to try and discover it.
Jul 1, 2017 9:31 PM

Jul 2015
Awwww, I knew things were going to well, despite a few problems here and there. I had just knew something was going to happen, and I let my gaurd down was the event had ended. That dang TV station. Wonder where Yoshino is going though.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jul 2, 2017 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
Good episode.

The festival was success alright, but clearly it wasn't what the girls wanted. Damn that producer!

And Sandal-san's name is finally revealed XD

dm106 said:

:OO
Jul 2, 2017 2:22 PM

Feb 2008
The reality was harsh. Nothing less from TV, as the producer definitely managed to empathise the attractive segments. The hard work, however, was left unseen. Yoshino's disappointment was depressing, though.

At least we got to know more about Sandal-san...
Jul 5, 2017 11:28 AM

Jul 2016
Well thats kinda what happens. But the festival is a good opener so everyone knows the name of the place. For example everyone knows Wacken because of the festival. If it has to offer something beyond the festival people will be attracted to it.
Jul 10, 2017 2:33 PM

Jul 2009
The band guys were very arrogant, they could have waited for the quiz game to be over...
Jul 11, 2017 10:24 PM
Mar 2012
lol Ptolemy geocentrism analogy to the band's attitude. They messed up the quiz event.
Yoshino worked hard & it's part success part mishaps. Schedules can change but she's not at fault. Seems she's leaving.
Jul 19, 2017 8:57 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Man, even I'm crushed. They worked so hard. I knew it'd turn out like that but dang, I didn't expect less than twenty coupons used...

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 22, 2017 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
Honestly... did someone actually expected it would go differently? This result was obvious from the start. Of course people would be interested only in the band not in the city. The same goes with lack of housing they reserved for the event.
And that TV editing manipulation is also something that's very common (although if they faked some drama instead of such sweet tv story it would net them a lot more audience ironically).

If Yoshino had actually thought everything through and planned beforehand, this wouldn't even happened (well, they would deny the event in the first place). Instead, she is always stunned at result when going happy go lucky with everything.

But I liked the drama and I wonder how her return to Tokyo goes (probably not very good as she got used to calm rural life but that's also plot element that is obvious).
Aug 26, 2017 4:09 AM

Jun 2016
That old man is starting to annoy me. Haha.

Even though the festival was successful, the outcomes wasn't very good because they coupons they gave out didn't make those people come back and visit Manoyama. Ugh. I feel really bad for everyone especially they were used to like promote the band, and seems like they owe the band for bringing the fun to Manoyama. Idk it doesn't sound right, and wrong on so many ways. I'm so sad for everyone.

Such a heartbreaking episode. ;-; Fucking media, maaan.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 17, 2017 3:05 AM

Nov 2011
Apparently, the girls have not yet understood what the city really needs to be able to resume, and they do it in the worst possible way. Their was just a pity, their dreams of glory have vanished very soon, I'm sorry! The final I was curious, I hope Yoshino is more positive in dealing with the situation.
Oct 8, 2017 9:40 PM

Oct 2012
Poor Yoshino, she already did her best though
She won't... go home, right?

Poor Sandal-san no one wants to go to Guam with him :(
"Signature removed"
Nov 1, 2017 3:40 PM

May 2012
Quite sad of an ending tbh, I do wonder what's next though!
Nov 21, 2017 9:09 PM

Apr 2011
They were successes and there were failures. The festival proved to be a success despite the concert ruining the trivia contest and all. Lots of wasted coupons as well.

The producer was so passionate about Manoyama in the last episode and yet showed a video promoting the band instead.

I feel sad for Yoshi and co. I guess the queen needs a time off after this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.