Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 13, 2017 9:59 PM

Sep 2015
Feel even more bad for Yifan seeing him animated and really tf the only reason ik whats going on at the beginning is due to reading the LN but its prob confusing asf to the non LN readers.
May 13, 2017 11:37 PM

Jul 2013
Hinata said:
Feel even more bad for Yifan seeing him animated and really tf the only reason ik whats going on at the beginning is due to reading the LN but its prob confusing asf to the non LN readers.

true the anime implies a bunch and takes show not tell a bit too seriously.
May 13, 2017 11:52 PM
Apr 2016
rayeine said:
Ahhh the design for WJX is so pretty I'm shocked.

I'm a bit disappointed though. The novels describe his face as "having one eye larger than the other".

Yifan's design also disappointed me. I was expecting a junior badass in training look. Like this - http://imgur.com/a/MyOOh
May 14, 2017 12:28 AM

Dec 2014
Awesome episode, just awesome.

Action was excellent, I loved it all.

Grim sure was savage on Shaotian with the whole "I'll crush you regadless" XDD
I love how he can savage like that. xD

I really liked how Grim is waiting for Mucheng's contract to expire before returning to the pro scene, really nice guy. :)

The fight against the herb team's captain was awesome and the PvP action at the was way too good. Grim even got labelled the toughest boss. XD
Looks like the captain guy is onto Grin's identity, wonder how long till the rest of Glory finds out.
May 14, 2017 4:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
THE GREATEST BOSS YE QIU! That was great, he just toyed with them with a smirk on his face, BADASS!

The comedy bits in the beginning were absolutely hilarious.

Nice fighting in this episode.
May 14, 2017 5:04 AM
Aug 2012
ap1001 said:
Daskk said:
Does the manager girl ever actually find out who he is?

Do you happen to remember the exact chapter? Or anyone else who has read it?
May 14, 2017 6:18 AM

Dec 2013
Okay, yet again I fail to understand the situation regarding him deciding to terminate his contract with his original company. I mean, so what if the Gunner Goddess decided to follow him and quit along with him? I highly doubt it would be an issue for either of them to get back into the scene with another team. In fact, I fail to understand why him deciding to quit would even be an issue here.

Did they ever explain how the contracts are drawn up? Because for one thing stepping away from the industry for a certain period of time normally entails that the people terminating your contracts will have to provide you with adequate compensation in order to do so (otherwise why else would anyone do so on such unfavorable terms anyway?), and secondly, if the option to switch to another team was always available, then why would he not want the Gunner Pro girl to do so and swap to a less tyrannical team? If he was really looking out for the girl, why would he want to let her stay in this team that kicked himself out? Given her status as a poster girl, I wouldn't put it past other teams to pay off any fees to terminate her current contract and bring her to their own teams, no?

That aside, this newly introduced team's Captain, the Magician guy (yet again I have issues with keeping track of even more names that are being thrown out here) is one shrewd dude. After gauging who the MC is, he sends all his secondary members out to train against him. He's basically doing for free what the MC's old team wanted him to do for peanuts. Genius!

And what's with this blatant McDonald's advertising? I mean, I know they're probably the biggest sponsors, but.. at least show us some real food that you'd actually sell instead of that weird ass ice cream.. I couldn't even find that desert on the Chinese McDee's website :P
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 14, 2017 6:41 AM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
Okay, yet again I fail to understand the situation regarding him deciding to terminate his contract with his original company. I mean, so what if the Gunner Goddess decided to follow him and quit along with him? I highly doubt it would be an issue for either of them to get back into the scene with another team. In fact, I fail to understand why him deciding to quit would even be an issue here.

Did they ever explain how the contracts are drawn up? Because for one thing stepping away from the industry for a certain period of time normally entails that the people terminating your contracts will have to provide you with adequate compensation in order to do so (otherwise why else would anyone do so on such unfavorable terms anyway?), and secondly, if the option to switch to another team was always available, then why would he not want the Gunner Pro girl to do so and swap to a less tyrannical team? If he was really looking out for the girl, why would he want to let her stay in this team that kicked himself out? Given her status as a poster girl, I wouldn't put it past other teams to pay off any fees to terminate her current contract and bring her to their own teams, no?

That aside, this newly introduced team's Captain, the Magician guy (yet again I have issues with keeping track of even more names that are being thrown out here) is one shrewd dude. After gauging who the MC is, he sends all his secondary members out to train against him. He's basically doing for free what the MC's old team wanted him to do for peanuts. Genius!

And what's with this blatant McDonald's advertising? I mean, I know they're probably the biggest sponsors, but.. at least show us some real food that you'd actually sell instead of that weird ass ice cream.. I couldn't even find that desert on the Chinese McDee's website :P

Pros contract specifies the number of years they would work with the team, if the player jumps team in the contract term it is considered violation and they have to compensate the Team's lose. Cause all star players are expansive, their contract is usually millions of Yuan, if the company sign you up for two years, and you ditch them half way through, they are losing millions of Yuan. Of course you have to pay the violation fee, this is completely logical term that makes sure that the Team's wouldn't go bankrupt when the players toss them under the bus.

Other team's can't pay for contract violation, the law of the pro league prohibits it, which is to keep a value of trust within the league, if all the players began violating their contract what's the point of having a contract in the first place. The players can be exchanged along with their contract, but both Team's manager must agree with it, MuCheng is EE's money tree/poster girl, exchanging her would piss off all the fans and lose them a lot of money, so they won't do it.

Ye Xiu's retirement is a term written into his contract, so he doesn't need to pay the violation fee, but he also can't play for season 8 and the early season 9. EE let him go so easily because he never had any commercial value, so the feeling was mutual. MuCheng is EE's money tree, they wouldn't ditch her no matter what, and she is professional enough to still perform on field and for marketing, even though in daily life the wedge is driven.

EE want YX to retire, cause they wouldn't exchange him with another team, that would severely damage EE's chance to win the Championship and have the fans riot over EE being "retarded". But keeping him have no monetary or additional PR value, he wouldn't even join the news conference after a good game to comment on the performance of the team, so Liu Hao had to do it for years. So the best way to safely remove him was to have a season so bad, that it makes YX retiring seem obvious, this way, team gets a new start, EE's opponent teams wouldn't get stronger and they get more money.
ap1001May 14, 2017 7:29 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
May 14, 2017 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
ap1001 said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Pros contract specifies the number of years they would work with the team, if the player jumps team in the contract term it is considered violation and they have to compensate the Team's lose. Cause all star players are expansive, their contract is usually millions of Yuan, if the company sign you up for two years, and you ditch them half way through, they are losing millions of Yuan. Of course you have to pay the violation fee, this is completely logical term that makes sure that the Team's wouldn't go bankrupt when the players toss them under the bus.

Other team's can't pay for contract violation, the law of the pro league prohibits it, which is to keep a value of trust within the league, if all the players began violating their contract what's the point of having a contract in the first place. The players can be exchanged along with their contract, but both Team's manager must agree with it, MuCheng is EE's money tree/poster girl, exchanging her would piss off all the fans and lose them a lot of money, so they won't do it.

Ye Xiu's retirement is a term written into his contract, so he doesn't need to pay the violation fee, but he also can't play for season 8 and the early season 9. EE let him go so easily because he never had any commercial value, so the feeling was mutual. MuCheng is EE's money tree, they wouldn't ditch her no matter what, and she is professional enough to still perform on field and for marketing, even though in daily life the wedge is driven.

EE want YX to retire, cause they wouldn't exchange him with another team, that would severely damage EE's chance to win the Championship and have the fans riot over EE being "retarded". But keeping him have no monetary or additional PR value, he wouldn't even join the news conference after a good game to comment on the performance of the team, so Liu Hao had to do it for years. So the best way to safely remove him was to have a season so bad, that it makes YX retiring seem obvious, this way, team gets a new start, EE's opponent teams wouldn't get stronger and they get more money.

If that were the case, then the next question would be, why would the MC be stupid enough to have a clause in his contract that prevents himself from playing if he retires from the team in the first place, and from what it looks like (since he has to work in a net cafe) without adequate compensation as well.

And if he knew that his old team were trying to screw him over, AND he had the power to convince the Gunner girl to leave with him (and reneg on her contract), why would he not do it? You said it yourself, she's a money tree, so why would it be hard to convince some sponsors of the girl to help pay off her termination fee. It doesn't have to even be by another team. If she's so marketable anyway, what's stopping them from forming a plan to move her from terminating her contract and finding another team to play? She would be a money tree anywhere she'd play anyway.

I'm viewing this like how the most marketable players in football can basically choose to do whatever they want to get out of a club if they're unhappy with it. I don't see how it's any different in this situation. If the Gunner girl is a money tree, I doubt that she'd be poor or anything, no? She must be earning plenty herself.

Oh, and was any of what you just typed explained in the anime before?
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 14, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
ap1001 said:

If that were the case, then the next question would be, why would the MC be stupid enough to have a clause in his contract that prevents himself from playing if he retires from the team in the first place, and from what it looks like (since he has to work in a net cafe) without adequate compensation as well.

And if he knew that his old team were trying to screw him over, AND he had the power to convince the Gunner girl to leave with him (and reneg on her contract), why would he not do it? You said it yourself, she's a money tree, so why would it be hard to convince some sponsors of the girl to help pay off her termination fee. It doesn't have to even be by another team. If she's so marketable anyway, what's stopping them from forming a plan to move her from terminating her contract and finding another team to play? She would be a money tree anywhere she'd play anyway.

I'm viewing this like how the most marketable players in football can basically choose to do whatever they want to get out of a club if they're unhappy with it. I don't see how it's any different in this situation. If the Gunner girl is a money tree, I doubt that she'd be poor or anything, no? She must be earning plenty herself.

Retirement from keeps from playing isn't in his contract, it is the league rule. All retired players need to sit out a year before returning, or else you are making retirement an easily abusable way to get out of the termination fee. Again, even retiring him is still a PR nightmare, he is lucky that Tao Xuan just didn't ask him for additional compensation, which legally speaking he really should be compensating EE for all those years of missing money (The league actually have a saying "Ye Qiu delayed the advancement of the pro league by 2 years", specifically because he did 0 marketing).

Again, one no team would purchase a launcher right now in the league. Two, She is a money tree for EE, sponsorship money goes to EE and is payed in salary, the player don't do the finance themselves. Finance is not that simple, teams need to measure the value of what they are spending and what they are purchasing, also do you know that the money comes from the fans PR is important. Say you have a pro who breaks the contract with their team and run to another team, how would the fans feel, most would feel betrayed and angry, angry fans don't generate ticket and merchandise revenue. Plus, most of MuCheng's fans are also fans of EE, they like seeing dancing rain together with One Autumn Leaf, breaking this provides no benefit for both sides. MuCheng's career and EE's business would both take a blow, not worth it. YX would still retire anyway, because one, personally he doesn't want to join another team in the league (top teams are too stable to take him, low teams have no potential even if they take him), secondly, most teams in the league can't take him (this is the man who ruined their chances at becoming champions in season 1,2,3, Tyranny fans would most likely throw bricks at their clubs window if Tyranny actually took him in.)

Essentially, no this is not like a marketable football player, the popularity is a three way factor, player, character, team, if one of the factors is missing, the popularity would drop severely. And fans don't take favourite players betraying their favourite team very well, they get confused and angry, sometimes irrationally angry, either way it is not good for anyone.

Finally, millions of yuan is not something you can just dig out of your pocket, do you have any idea of money? Even if they could it makes the players professionalism highly questionable, who in the world would work with someone who doesn't follow contracts.

YeXiu screwed himself mostly by having his Chinese ID Card name and screen name different, so it is not legal for him to do sponsorship under the name Ye Qiu. Which wouldn't work with Tao Xuan, cause this is losing out tens of millions of dollars from the brand recognition, if you cause someone to lose that much money, getting kicked off the team is already pretty soft blow. He doesn't do much interview for publicity, in all 10 years of glory he only had THREE interviews and it was done on QQ. This is pretty much unacceptable if you are actually running a business dedicated on making revenue.

Yes, Huang Shao Tian's recommendation is pretty much just a recommendation, Blue Rain wouldn't take YeXiu and MuCheng anyway, their team comp can't fit them in, you can't just buy two players who are useless to the team, EE's not stupid and YeXiu is too ambitious to just stay in a low-tier team.
ap1001May 14, 2017 8:38 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
May 14, 2017 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
Great action scenes, with some new characters introduced. Good episode.
May 14, 2017 9:41 AM

Dec 2015
louissnape said:
just gonna randomly drop this PPAP!Zhou Zekai over here becuz reason
http://www.bilibili.com/video/av10498428/

Thank you for this, I couldn't stop laughing hahaha
May 14, 2017 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
They are too concerned about making him the cool main character and to cast a positive light on him so far imo.
And I think I like the friend of the main character better than himself. ^^"

Lol, I like the art very much, but not the eyes. Every time they zoom in, the characters have those two rings. They look like onion rings. I haven't eaten since one o'clock, so I'm hungry for onion rings now... :'D

removed-userMay 14, 2017 9:58 AM
May 14, 2017 10:52 AM

Jan 2015
I am getting more and more excited for the upcoming episodes. This is just too good even though they skip many things.
May 14, 2017 10:52 AM

Dec 2013
ap1001 said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Retirement from keeps from playing isn't in his contract, it is the league rule. All retired players need to sit out a year before returning, or else you are making retirement an easily abusable way to get out of the termination fee. Again, even retiring him is still a PR nightmare, he is lucky that Tao Xuan just didn't ask him for additional compensation, which legally speaking he really should be compensating EE for all those years of missing money (The league actually have a saying "Ye Qiu delayed the advancement of the pro league by 2 years", specifically because he did 0 marketing).

Again, one no team would purchase a launcher right now in the league. Two, She is a money tree for EE, sponsorship money goes to EE and is payed in salary, the player don't do the finance themselves. Finance is not that simple, teams need to measure the value of what they are spending and what they are purchasing, also do you know that the money comes from the fans PR is important. Say you have a pro who breaks the contract with their team and run to another team, how would the fans feel, most would feel betrayed and angry, angry fans don't generate ticket and merchandise revenue. Plus, most of MuCheng's fans are also fans of EE, they like seeing dancing rain together with One Autumn Leaf, breaking this provides no benefit for both sides. MuCheng's career and EE's business would both take a blow, not worth it. YX would still retire anyway, because one, personally he doesn't want to join another team in the league (top teams are too stable to take him, low teams have no potential even if they take him), secondly, most teams in the league can't take him (this is the man who ruined their chances at becoming champions in season 1,2,3, Tyranny fans would most likely throw bricks at their clubs window if Tyranny actually took him in.)

Essentially, no this is not like a marketable football player, the popularity is a three way factor, player, character, team, if one of the factors is missing, the popularity would drop severely. And fans don't take favourite players betraying their favourite team very well, they get confused and angry, sometimes irrationally angry, either way it is not good for anyone.

Finally, millions of yuan is not something you can just dig out of your pocket, do you have any idea of money? Even if they could it makes the players professionalism highly questionable, who in the world would work with someone who doesn't follow contracts.

YeXiu screwed himself mostly by having his Chinese ID Card name and screen name different, so it is not legal for him to do sponsorship under the name Ye Qiu. Which wouldn't work with Tao Xuan, cause this is losing out tens of millions of dollars from the brand recognition, if you cause someone to lose that much money, getting kicked off the team is already pretty soft blow. He doesn't do much interview for publicity, in all 10 years of glory he only had THREE interviews and it was done on QQ. This is pretty much unacceptable if you are actually running a business dedicated on making revenue.

Yes, Huang Shao Tian's recommendation is pretty much just a recommendation, Blue Rain wouldn't take YeXiu and MuCheng anyway, their team comp can't fit them in, you can't just buy two players who are useless to the team, EE's not stupid and YeXiu is too ambitious to just stay in a low-tier team.

Yet again, was any of what you mentioned explained clearly in the anime? Because if I hadn't read it here, I doubt that I could understand these issues that the characters are facing.

Also, I'm not sure if you understand or not, but popular players in the real world will be popular and have sponsors outside of their profession. Think Ronaldo or Neymar. Apart from their salaries from their respective clubs, they earn millions through image rights and advertisement fees. That was what I was asking about. I mean, just because the Gunner Girl was in one team doesn't mean she cannot earn money elsewhere and from other sources. If this E-Sport was so popular a phenomenon and if Gunner Girl was as big of a money tree as she was, then for sure she'd be able to earn more money than just a meager salary from her E Sports team, no? Like that dude doing the McDonalds commercial at the end. He's probably the best example of what I'm talking about.

None of that was explained in the anime.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 14, 2017 11:08 AM

Feb 2015
tlst9999 said:
I'm a bit disappointed though. The novels describe his face as "having one eye larger than the other".

Yifan's design also disappointed me. I was expecting a junior badass in training look. Like this - http://imgur.com/a/MyOOh
Ah that's true, they only slightly exaggerated his eyes. Yifan I think was decent... he's supposed to look like a pretty quite kid wasn't he?
May 14, 2017 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
ap1001 said:

Yet again, was any of what you mentioned explained clearly in the anime? Because if I hadn't read it here, I doubt that I could understand these issues that the characters are facing.

Also, I'm not sure if you understand or not, but popular players in the real world will be popular and have sponsors outside of their profession. Think Ronaldo or Neymar. Apart from their salaries from their respective clubs, they earn millions through image rights and advertisement fees. That was what I was asking about. I mean, just because the Gunner Girl was in one team doesn't mean she cannot earn money elsewhere and from other sources. If this E-Sport was so popular a phenomenon and if Gunner Girl was as big of a money tree as she was, then for sure she'd be able to earn more money than just a meager salary from her E Sports team, no? Like that dude doing the McDonalds commercial at the end. He's probably the best example of what I'm talking about.

That would be a question of your understanding. If you have trouble understanding how this business function, you need to read some books on business model.

Again as I specified, the popularity is a combination of player, character and team, a single player is not popular enough to get sponsorship outside of the team, the team need to sign the paper authorising this under their name. This isn't basketball or soccer, where the individual player can get 100% of popularity. Glory being a combat team E-Sport have the popularity split between player, character and team, so is the advertisement, or else, during the player exchange period, players will be running away with the revenue source for the Team. This is why there are God-level characters, they serve as the face of the team, and why EE have a public face in the form of One Autumn Leaf despite Ye Xiu never showing his face.

To put in a simpler term, the brand sold is the Excellent Era brand with MuCheng's name as a bonus, she gets a cut of it, but most of it goes to the overall Excellent Era. And before you complain this is bullshit, Excellent Era have put in the larger investment, they build up Dancing Rain's equipment and provided the training system and equipment along with the arena. So they have the right to have the larger slice.

Zhou ZeKai is doing the ad for team Samsara, the money goes to Samsara and he gets a large slice of it. Even then MuCheng's revenue will not be enough to cover it, because in case you have being paying 0 attention, EE have not been winning championships. Zhou ZeKai's popularity cannot be competed against by MuCheng.

And in case you still don't understand, here is a more obvious way to show you what the brand is. She would be advertised as

"Excellent Era's All Star Player, Su MuCheng, who controls the number 1 Launcher of Glory, Dancing Rain, partner of Ye Qiu and One Autumn Leaf."

Do you see a problem with this brand? In case you still can't understand " who controls the number 1 Launcher of Glory, Dancing Rain" and "partner of One Autumn Leaf." are owned by EE.
ap1001May 14, 2017 11:40 AM
May 14, 2017 11:59 AM
Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
ap1001 said:

Let me explain in a way you'll understand. It's China.

To be more exact, her fans will probably turn on her if she leaves the team. You get to see multiple instances of this situation later on in the novel.
May 14, 2017 12:01 PM

Apr 2014
alexielle said:
L-Ryoshi said:

To be more exact, her fans will probably turn on her if she leaves the team. You get to see multiple instances of this situation later on in the novel.

Pretty much this, as you can see, fandom are not the most reasonable people to please.
May 14, 2017 12:06 PM

Dec 2016
I guess the possibility of a season 2 is pretty high considering we have to wait a year and a half until Xiu Ye gets back to playing competitively!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 14, 2017 1:18 PM

Dec 2013
ap1001 said:
alexielle said:

Pretty much this, as you can see, fandom are not the most reasonable people to please.

So to put it into even simpler terms, none of what you typed was explained in the anime, so non LN/WN readers would understand. And also, by your explanation, the way this godly E Sport is being marketed is actually a bad deal for the players individually because in this story's version of the world, China shits on the individual's ability to make a name and decent living for themselves and to negotiate their own properly deserved remunerations in accordance to their own popularity and abilities, is that what you mean?
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 14, 2017 1:29 PM

Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
ap1001 said:

So to put it into even simpler terms, none of what you typed was explained in the anime, so non LN/WN readers would understand. And also, by your explanation, the way this godly E Sport is being marketed is actually a bad deal for the players individually because in this story's version of the world, China shits on the individual's ability to make a name and decent living for themselves and to negotiate their own properly deserved remunerations in accordance to their own popularity and abilities, is that what you mean?

Nope they said it in the anime, it just wasn't explicit exposition dump, which requires you to actually think.

Also, your thinking is clear strawman western think process. The team clearly cut you a slice of the pie, it is a team sport, the equipment, training and PR are all done by the teams and supporters, of course they deserve a slice. You think popularity falls from the sky? Naive, popularity mostly require careful engineering by marketing, Chinese people aren't daydreamers they understand this very well. China don't believe the "I can make out all by myself, I don't need anyone else" mentality, the chinese mentality is "we struggle together, everyone share burden, everyone share the treats". Fame for the whole group is considered more important than the fame of one person.

The players are treated very well when they cooperate with the business side, it is a Win-Win scenario, the business and player gets money which they put into marketing the player, which gets business and player more money.

Also another MAJOR old ASIAN value difference, Asian (Japanese, China, Korea) treats loyalty very seriously, this shows in the business side, as workers change the company they work for far less than western countries, because Asian tend to develop brand loyalty far faster. People like to identify as a group more often than individually, which factors into the whole idea of the "Growing together".

Ye Xiu's the only one facing this problem because he wouldn't meet Tao Xuan half way, he didn't even budge his ass from the same spot in the last 8 years. (granted he also can't due to his own unique problems) But all the other pros are getting very sweet deals.
ap1001May 14, 2017 1:48 PM
May 14, 2017 1:52 PM
Apr 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
ap1001 said:

The fact that Ye Xiu's actions make sense is shown in the anime. Huang Shaotian gets it. Mucheng gets it. The CEO of Excellent Era anticipated it.

What else is there that you need to understand?

All I've seen so far is you attempting to forcibly fit QZGS into your (limited) understanding of the real world. That's not how fictional worlds work. You take the information that the source material gives you and slowly build a picture of the world as the story progresses.

Regarding the last part of your post, you're asking for spoilers so here it is. Yes, the individual doesn't have much power. Why? Professional players are a dime a dozen. How do I know this? Was it explicitly stated? No. It is obvious given later events.
May 14, 2017 3:26 PM

Aug 2013
This is too good. Lord Grim was just declared "Greatest Boss in Glory". Lord Grim is also quite savage with his words.

It was great how Ye Xiu and that other guy (magician player & captain) was able to deduce each other identity.

As others have said it is nice of Ye Xiu to be waiting for Mucheng's contract to end before returning to be a pro. He has my respect.

The PvP action was awesome. After seeing the preview for the next episode, I can't wait for next week.

May 14, 2017 3:53 PM

Dec 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
ap1001 said:

The most important part to note is that it doesn't really matter if they thoroughly explain why you can't play for a year after retiring. What matters is that it was noted very clearly in the first episode by Su Mucheng.
When an official source (the show) states a rule for the world within the show, that rule should hold true throughout the show and its' reasoning would not have to be explained more than it being "impossible".
Now - apart from the show itself, if you have any sort of basic knowledge regarding contracts within any competitive team based sport, you should know that clubs can trade players and that players can BREAK their contracts for a huge termination fee. In Ye's case he decided to BREAK that contract, but since the club knew of the threat he presented in the pro scene, rather than forcing him to pay a huge termination fee, they decided to destroy him thoroughly by making him retire, which in turn results in him being unable to return to the pro-scene for a full year, which is a piece of information that we are given very clearly, and repeatedly.
As I explained earlier, a rule within a show does not need explaining, if this feels like a bad argument, you are free to take a look at any amount of anime shows, who do exactly the same thing. The unexplained but obvious rule is more common in 12 episode animes than longer ones, simply due to time restrictions.

I think your response to his/her quote was quite stupid, in that the following text has nothing to do with what the person above actually said.
You say that "he/she meant" that individual players are portrayed as having a hard time making a name and a living in this adaption - yet every time a pro player opens his/her mouth regarding money, they are said to receive hundreds of thousands of yuan per game they play, as well as barely being able to show their faces in public due to being too popular.
As a comparison, Ye Xiu earns 1800 Yuan per month. (May be per week? Not sure, never explained).
The person you responded to didn't mention anything about the pro players having a hard time making a living for him/herself.

May 14, 2017 5:56 PM

Dec 2013
Tyiriel said:
L-Ryoshi said:

The most important part to note is that it doesn't really matter if they thoroughly explain why you can't play for a year after retiring. What matters is that it was noted very clearly in the first episode by Su Mucheng.
When an official source (the show) states a rule for the world within the show, that rule should hold true throughout the show and its' reasoning would not have to be explained more than it being "impossible".
Now - apart from the show itself, if you have any sort of basic knowledge regarding contracts within any competitive team based sport, you should know that clubs can trade players and that players can BREAK their contracts for a huge termination fee. In Ye's case he decided to BREAK that contract, but since the club knew of the threat he presented in the pro scene, rather than forcing him to pay a huge termination fee, they decided to destroy him thoroughly by making him retire, which in turn results in him being unable to return to the pro-scene for a full year, which is a piece of information that we are given very clearly, and repeatedly.
As I explained earlier, a rule within a show does not need explaining, if this feels like a bad argument, you are free to take a look at any amount of anime shows, who do exactly the same thing. The unexplained but obvious rule is more common in 12 episode animes than longer ones, simply due to time restrictions.

I think your response to his/her quote was quite stupid, in that the following text has nothing to do with what the person above actually said.
You say that "he/she meant" that individual players are portrayed as having a hard time making a name and a living in this adaption - yet every time a pro player opens his/her mouth regarding money, they are said to receive hundreds of thousands of yuan per game they play, as well as barely being able to show their faces in public due to being too popular.
As a comparison, Ye Xiu earns 1800 Yuan per month. (May be per week? Not sure, never explained).
The person you responded to didn't mention anything about the pro players having a hard time making a living for him/herself.

Good points there, but I can guess what others here would say to defend their countries' beloved anime, that it's all within context of the show's mechanics. Giving a second thought to this, I would have to reneg on some of the points I mentioned about football players and image rights if we are going by "their" standards, even though what you mentioned is also valid (like why would pro's of any team have a hard time making money, regardless of whether they were doing well in the game, we see Gunner Girl get mentioned like an idol every time some outsider speaks of them). If China is really all about the team and that individuals don't get a fair cut of their earnings based on image rights, then it's perfectly understandable I guess.... (whether it's fair or not is another issue).

My issue was that they'd never explained why the MC forced Gunner girl to stay on if all it took was for someone to pay off her contract to take her away from her current team, be it another team or an external sponsor who would rather see them play at another team. Stuff like this happens in football and other sports, but apparently doesn't here.

They mentioned that each individual player couldn't earn enough off their salary to pay off their contractual buyout clauses. I'm assuming that means that even though they are receiving hundreds of thousands per game, that the buyout for early termination may be in the region of millions or tens of millions?
This opens a whole other can of worms here, like how did the company know how much they should set those buyout clauses anyway? If these contracts are negotiated before the players even became famous, that sounds like a lot of unfair contracts to tie the individual to a firm if you ask me. But again it makes sense if each individual is not being paid according to their worth to the team (like in the real world) and just being paid the same amount as everyone else. Again, none of this stuff was mentioned in the anime.

They also mentioned that teams weren't allowed to poach from other teams due to a "gentleman's agreement" for the fairness of the league or whatever. My issue was that none of these mechanics weren't ever mentioned in the anime (and were only explained by WN readers in this thread).

To be honest, I feel like this issue is basically just a clash in the ideal of how business works in China and elsewhere, and that I have little knowledge as to how the former works because heck who knows the internal workings of Chinese businesses anyway.
We can't help that they assume we understand how things work as normal, but that's based on their perspective, and not according to the perspective of how others view things as individual earning power (based on ability) and image rights.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 14, 2017 6:39 PM

Dec 2016
L-Ryoshi said:

Good points there, but I can guess what others here would say to defend their countries' beloved anime, that it's all within context of the show's mechanics. Giving a second thought to this, I would have to reneg on some of the points I mentioned about football players and image rights if we are going by "their" standards, even though what you mentioned is also valid (like why would pro's of any team have a hard time making money, regardless of whether they were doing well in the game, we see Gunner Girl get mentioned like an idol every time some outsider speaks of them). If China is really all about the team and that individuals don't get a fair cut of their earnings based on image rights, then it's perfectly understandable I guess.... (whether it's fair or not is another issue).

My issue was that they'd never explained why the MC forced Gunner girl to stay on if all it took was for someone to pay off her contract to take her away from her current team, be it another team or an external sponsor who would rather see them play at another team. Stuff like this happens in football and other sports, but apparently doesn't here.

They mentioned that each individual player couldn't earn enough off their salary to pay off their contractual buyout clauses. I'm assuming that means that even though they are receiving hundreds of thousands per game, that the buyout for early termination may be in the region of millions or tens of millions?
This opens a whole other can of worms here, like how did the company know how much they should set those buyout clauses anyway? If these contracts are negotiated before the players even became famous, that sounds like a lot of unfair contracts to tie the individual to a firm if you ask me. But again it makes sense if each individual is not being paid according to their worth to the team (like in the real world) and just being paid the same amount as everyone else. Again, none of this stuff was mentioned in the anime.

They also mentioned that teams weren't allowed to poach from other teams due to a "gentleman's agreement" for the fairness of the league or whatever. My issue was that none of these mechanics weren't ever mentioned in the anime (and were only explained by WN readers in this thread).

To be honest, I feel like this issue is basically just a clash in the ideal of how business works in China and elsewhere, and that I have little knowledge as to how the former works because heck who knows the internal workings of Chinese businesses anyway.
We can't help that they assume we understand how things work as normal, but that's based on their perspective, and not according to the perspective of how others view things as individual earning power (based on ability) and image rights.

To be completely upright and honest I would not go so far as to defend the plot where it comes to Su Mucheng not being able to buy out of the contract - or give a detailed explanation to how much money is involved bladibla, you get the point.

What I can say is that there is no solid information as to exactly why Su Mucheng can not technically buy out/swap teams etc, however what I can say is: Since the plot is set up in the way that it portrays a "solo OP MC" (Not negative, the story supports him), Su Mucheng is left out as a "VERY IMPORTANT side character" and an objective for the future pretty much. If she could be released from the contract, Ye Xiu would definitely have had it much easier, and made much better choices, which would result in a fairly bland start for the story.
In other words: The technical reason behind why breaking the contract is impossible for Su Mucheng is not clear, however it's definitely required. In other words it's up to us to decide: Is it because of losing face? Fans? Money? She's just stuck in there for plot reasons as it stands now. But it definitely must be this way for the plot to be interesting.

I'm going to use an ugly example, but bear with me:
In SAO Alfheim, Asuna in the birdcage could represent Su Mucheng in Jiashi - There is no good reason as to why she is in the cage, but without her being in the cage our most hated Kirito would never have needed enter Alfheim and we would not have needed to suffer for 11 more episodes. If Su Mucheng could leave Jiashi without trouble, it would probably be quite easy to get sponsors and just join or create a new team, rather than having to experience the game from the scratch and face all that trouble which is the parts that most of us want to see in TKA.
May 14, 2017 6:56 PM

Apr 2014
Tyiriel said:
L-Ryoshi said:

To be completely upright and honest I would not go so far as to defend the plot where it comes to Su Mucheng not being able to buy out of the contract - or give a detailed explanation to how much money is involved bladibla, you get the point.

What I can say is that there is no solid information as to exactly why Su Mucheng can not technically buy out/swap teams etc, however what I can say is: Since the plot is set up in the way that it portrays a "solo OP MC" (Not negative, the story supports him), Su Mucheng is left out as a "VERY IMPORTANT side character" and an objective for the future pretty much. If she could be released from the contract, Ye Xiu would definitely have had it much easier, and made much better choices, which would result in a fairly bland start for the story.
In other words: The technical reason behind why breaking the contract is impossible for Su Mucheng is not clear, however it's definitely required. In other words it's up to us to decide: Is it because of losing face? Fans? Money? She's just stuck in there for plot reasons as it stands now. But it definitely must be this way for the plot to be interesting.

I'm going to use an ugly example, but bear with me:
In SAO Alfheim, Asuna in the birdcage could represent Su Mucheng in Jiashi - There is no good reason as to why she is in the cage, but without her being in the cage our most hated Kirito would never have needed enter Alfheim and we would not have needed to suffer for 11 more episodes. If Su Mucheng could leave Jiashi without trouble, it would probably be quite easy to get sponsors and just join or create a new team, rather than having to experience the game from the scratch and face all that trouble which is the parts that most of us want to see in TKA.

Bullshit, don't compare Su MuCheng to Asuna, cause unlike a certain waifu bait, MuCheng is highly independent and capable. Having a contract with EE doesn't stop her from playing with YX on the MMO part at all, she can even spend vacation at Happy internet cafe and be as sarcastic as she want to Tao Xuan, because none of these violate the contract, and Tao Xuan doesn't want to end on too sour a note, he doesn't even bother with MuCheng most of the time. In fact, MuCheng staying is a larger pain in the ass for him, cause he gets passive aggressively treated by her, and he can't induct new launcher player to modify the team despite knowing MuCheng is going to leave as soon as her contract expires. So he just gave up, and pretend that MuCheng doesn't exist so that the sarcasm doesn't grind too much on his ears.

She can't leave because monetary, fans and YeXiu needs time to prepare to return. So why break the contract? When the story gives you completely logical explanations and you ignore it, this is not plot armor, as much as willful ignorance.

A player betraying their fanbase is not a pretty sight, as Zhang JiaLe can attest to.

As for how the Teams set the monetary value for players, characters, it is simple, for characters it is based on the investment on silver equipment, and players it is based on All-Star average contract value, the Championship money and past sponsorship value.

God-tier players (Huang ShaoTian, Wang JieXi, Han WenQing), gets 10 mil contract over multiple years. MuCheng, FangRui, all-star level gets around 6.5 mil multi-year contract. I think it is pretty obvious that the contract breaking fee isn't cheap, the only player in history of glory that can voluntarily break their contract without becoming bankrupt is Tang Rou and she is unbelievably rich.

Also, you were wrong on YX's retirement, retiring would be allowed if the Team allows, this is not considered to be violating the contract, therefore there is no contract breaking fee.
ap1001May 14, 2017 7:09 PM
May 14, 2017 7:00 PM
Nov 2010
L-Ryoshi said:

I can kind of answer this. The thing is that, if someone pays off her contract to take her away from her current team, that would mean having to sign a new contract. And what does that mean? The new contract will most likely be longer than 1.5 years (the remaining years left on Su Mucheng's current contract). We'll just have to assume that there's no such thing as a 1-year contract in esports in this anime. And the thing is that, eventually, Su Mucheng will want to join up with Ye Xiu. And there's signs that Ye Xiu is creating his own team, so yeah.
May 14, 2017 7:03 PM

Apr 2014
eplipswich said:
L-Ryoshi said:

I can kind of answer this. The thing is that, if someone pays off her contract to take her away from her current team, that would mean having to sign a new contract. And what does that mean? It'll most likely be longer than 1.5 year contract. We'll just have to assume that there's no such thing as a 1-year contract in esports in this anime. And the thing is that, eventually, Su Mucheng will want to join up with Ye Xiu. And there's signs that Ye Xiu is creating his own team, so yeah.

No, there is 1-year contract, but that is the kind of contract a player signs when they really aren't confident in a team. The pay usually isn't high, it is used when both sides want to test the water a bit.

But you are right, on pros need to be contracted to a team in the league to play the pro league, and teams can't just randomly join the league, otherwise it would be bursting with half-ass teams. YX doesn't have a team right now, so it is pointless for her to break the contract.
May 14, 2017 7:41 PM

Dec 2016
ap1001 said:

Bullshit, don't compare Su MuCheng to Asuna, cause unlike a certain waifu bait, MuCheng is highly independent and capable. Having a contract with EE doesn't stop her from playing with YX on the MMO part at all, she can even spend vacation at Happy internet cafe and be as sarcastic as she want to Tao Xuan, because none of these violate the contract, and Tao Xuan doesn't want to end on too sour a note, he doesn't even bother with MuCheng most of the time.

She can't leave because monetary, fans and YeXiu needs time to prepare to return. So why break the contract? When the story gives you completely logical explanations and you ignore it, this is not plot armor, as much as willful ignorance.

A player betraying their fanbase is not a pretty sight, as Zhang JiaLe can attest to.

As for how the Teams set the monetary value for players, characters, it is simple, for characters it is based on the investment on silver equipment, and players it is based on All-Star average contract value, the Championship money and past sponsorship value.

God-tier players (Huang ShaoTian, Wang JieXi, Han WenQing), gets 10 mil contract over multiple years. MuCheng, FangRui, all-star level gets around 6.5 mil multi-year contract. I think it is pretty obvious that the contract breaking fee isn't cheap, the only player in history of glory that can voluntarily break their contract without becoming bankrupt is Tang Rou and she is unbelievably rich.

Also, you were wrong on YX's retirement, retiring would be allowed if the Team allows, this is not considered to be violating the contract, therefore there is no contract breaking fee.

I think you caught a lot of that wrong. Let me explain step by step.
First of all, I'm not condemning the plot, I have read the full novel in chinese and really like it - I am responding to a person stating a fairly valid question about the anime itself, or more correctly worded asked "According to the explanation given, there is nothing that points to where they can't do X"
I didn't compare Asuna to Su Mucheng, nor was this a major point in my reply, I compared the concept of being "trapped" for the plot to have any meaning. More elaborated: If Su Mucheng chose to TERMINATE HER CONTRACT together with Ye Xiu (as would have been logical, since she only "wants to play a small part" and SHOULD be stacked with money to be able to make it for years to come), the plot would pretty much have been YX and SM living together and playing by themselves, and maybe creating or joining a team after a year - A very stale plot until that year ends.

It's obvious that you've read the novel - so you know the character backstory.
You said "Ye Xiu needs time to return" - But since Ye Xiu and Su Mucheng has been together for 10 years and are basically family AND Su Mucheng witnessed Ye Xiu getting straight kicked off of the team, wouldn't it also make sense for her to join him? This would obviously screw Su Mucheng up too in terms of fans, income as well as the violation fee (She would defintely not be allowed to retire as Ye Xiu was due to her immense commercial value)(as you noted) and Ye Xiu would probably stop her, (The plot wouldn't allow for it, but it would make perfect sense with her character).
My main point in my earlier reply was: Neither novel nor adaption mentioned why she didn't or couldn't break her contract. The novel goes slightly deeper into consequences, but we already know that Su Mucheng is wealthy, and would almost definitely be able to pay the violation fee according to the numbers that we recieve (Money/game, games played/season, amount of seasons she has played, sponsorships etc)
So: In all fairness, there are "reasons and speculations" to back up why she didn't join Ye Xiu, but it mostly boils down to "The plot would not allow it"- Plot reasons - Which I am happy for, since it would make it so much worse.

The part about the contracts being long and expensive are all correct, but the last part is definitely not worded correctly:
Ye Xiu TERMINATED his contract, in other words he was at the club's mercy. Tao Xuan decided to make him retire rather than putting him in heavy debt. This is obvious in both the first episode of the anime as well as in the novel.

Finally - Try to use as little material from the novel as you can when it comes to "reinforcing the plot" - Unless you're replying to something that really needs clarification. I'll admit that me using "only wants to play a small part" above falls within that category, which is something not explained in words up until this point in the anime, nor is SM and YX's relationship.
When the anime doesn't provide you with a clear representation of why something doesn't work - backing it up with source material will not help the anime plot itself.

TyirielMay 14, 2017 7:45 PM
May 14, 2017 7:50 PM

Apr 2014
Tyiriel said:
ap1001 said:

Bullshit, don't compare Su MuCheng to Asuna, cause unlike a certain waifu bait, MuCheng is highly independent and capable. Having a contract with EE doesn't stop her from playing with YX on the MMO part at all, she can even spend vacation at Happy internet cafe and be as sarcastic as she want to Tao Xuan, because none of these violate the contract, and Tao Xuan doesn't want to end on too sour a note, he doesn't even bother with MuCheng most of the time.

I think you caught a lot of that wrong. Let me explain step by step.
First of all, I'm not condemning the plot, I have read the full novel in chinese and really like it - I am responding to a person stating a fairly valid question about the anime itslef
I didn't compare Asuna to Su Mucheng, nor was this a major point in my reply, I compared the concept of being "trapped" for the plot to have any meaning. More elaborated: If Su Mucheng chose to retire (as would have been logical, since she only "wants to play a small part" and SHOULD be stacked with money to be able to make it for a year), the plot would pretty much have been YX and SM living together and playing by themselves, and maybe creating or joining a team after a year - A very stale plot until that year ends.

It's obvious that you've read the novel - so you know the character backstory.
You said "Ye Xiu needs time to return" - But since Ye Xiu and Su Mucheng has been together for 10 years and are basically family AND Su Mucheng witnessed Ye Xiu getting straight kicked off of the team, wouldn't it also make sense for her to join him? This would obviously screw Su Mucheng up too in terms of fans, income as well as the violation fee (She would defintely not be allowed to retire as Ye Xiu was due to her immense commercial value)(as you noted) and Ye Xiu would probably stop her, (The plot wouldn't allow for it, but it would make perfect sense with her character).
My main point in my earlier reply was: Neither novel nor adaption mentioned why she didn't or couldn't break her contract. The novel goes slightly deeper into consequences, but we already know that Su Mucheng is wealthy, and would almost definitely be able to pay the violation fee according to the numbers that we recieve (Money/game, games played/season, amount of seasons she has played, sponsorships etc)
So: In all fairness, there are "reasons and speculations" to back up why she didn't join Ye Xiu, but it mostly boils down to "The plot would not allow it"- Plot reasons - Which I am happy for, since it would make it so much worse.

The part about the contracts being long and expensive are all correct, but the last part is definitely not worded correctly:
Ye Xiu TERMINATED his contract, in other words he was at the club's mercy. Tao Xuan decided to make him retire rather than putting him in heavy debt. This is obvious in both the first episode of the anime as well as in the novel.

Finally - Try to use as little material from the novel as you can when it comes to "reinforcing the plot" - Unless you're replying to something that really needs clarification.
When the anime doesn't provide you with a clear representation of why something doesn't work - backing it up with source material will not help the anime plot itself.

For the first part, I think you forgot that Tao Xuan wouldn't agree so easily at the beginning. And MuCheng staying in EE provides a lot of benefits to Ye Xiu, whether it is keeping her competitive, getting inside info (like Liu Hao getting exchanged for Xiao ShiQing) or just plain annoying Tao Xuan. Besides YeXiu doesn't hate EE, he would have preferred if EE could stay in the pro league, instead of relegated. From his logical standpoint, there is no value in asking MuCheng to retire with him, even if she wouldn't mind.

Also, excuse me, but the only person that was confirmed to be 100% able to pay for the contract termination fee was Tang Rou as verified by Fang Rui. Did you actually read it? You are making it seem like this is all plot armor or forced drama, when it isn't and have a very clear logical explanation, which is clear that this is not a decision made by an idiot.

Also, in chinese, it is 解约 not 违约, one is negotiate the contract to end, which is retirement, the other is violation of contract which causes the fee.
May 14, 2017 10:13 PM
Apr 2014
Guys. We're all reasonable people. Let's not let one ignorant person incite fighting among us. Whether we think Mucheng not forcibly breaking the contract comes down to plot armour or characterisation (that's me) is perfectly fine.

To be more detailed, I think it's a good illustration of the dynamic between Ye Xiu and Mucheng. If she breaks the contract, things will definitely not be pretty, whether it's actually technically possible for her to pay it off or not. Ye Xiu would definitely not want that. I see no problem with her deciding to go along with it since Ye Xiu's mind has been made up, and it's arguable whether forcibly breaking the contract will have better consequences for the both of them.

To L-Ryoshi: Regarding all your whining about the anime not explaining all the reasons that we gave you, guess what. The novel doesn't either, not at this point. It doesn't need to. If you disagree with that and want to have a discussion about effective worldbuilding, plot-critical information etc. I'm happy to oblige. Just stop with "Ok I understand now, but the anime doesn't tell us this!".
May 14, 2017 10:42 PM
Apr 2017
From my understanding of YX's character, he wouldn't ever ask MuCheng to terminate her contract even if she want to.

She is the one person he cares about and everything he did he will always consider her welfare before himself. Just think about it, would he ever want the person he love and care for, to give up everything she had, pay a huge amount of penalty fee, so she could ends up in an internet cafe and start from the beginning with him?

Even if they choose to transfer to another team, where should they go for? I can't think of any available team would need two All-Star level players. The powerful team are mostly had their own star player, put in two character is just too much and would have factor the team strategy in general; as for the weak team can't ever afford their contract. Even if they did managed to get into a team, would that mean everything goes well for both of them? Or in YeXiu's perspective, will it be better than if MuCheng just stay in EE?

Ye Xiu will only ask her to leave EE under the condition of when his own team is build and ready for her, I would even believe that IF YeXiu failed in forming team Happy (or team Joyful Flourish?), he would just tell MuCheng stay in EE or go look for any other team than stuck in his misery.
May 14, 2017 11:02 PM

Dec 2013
@Tyiriel fair and valid points. And thanks for actually reading and comprehending what I've been asking about. The main reason why I raised the issue this episode was because during the episode someone mentioned that Gunner Girl wouldn't have thought twice about leaving with the MC, which raised the question in my mind as to why she didn't do so in the first place.

@ap1001 Just putting others down because they don't have valid knowledge that you expect them to know is not a very good way to help this series build its fan base. I have never read the LN/WN, nor do I expect to since I don't do Chinese. Yet most of your explanations have been based on things from the novel (including all of your examples that I've seen so far). I am not trying to slag the show for fun here, just trying to understand it in accordance to what I can relate to in the real world, hence the football references and the thing about image rights. How was I suppose to know that things don't work the same in China anyway?

@alexielle The fuck is wrong with you butting in and bitching about the fuck you don't even understand? I asked valid questions looking for discussion and explanations BECAUSE it wasn't explained in the Anime.
The fuck is wrong with that? And why the hell are you even bothering to answer if your comments are less than constructive? Did you even attempt to consider where I'm coming from? I'm asking specifically about how the world works because in the real world there're plenty of examples of how someone with power/influence can get out of a contract, especially when the person in question is stated to be some sort of E Sports Idol AND have no qualms about trying to get out of said contract to follow the MC out (as stated in this episode). Tell me what the fuck's wrong with trying to understand that, eh?

It's people like you who make it hard to enjoy new shows like this because of your snobbish attitudes.
L-RyoshiMay 14, 2017 11:10 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 15, 2017 12:10 AM
Apr 2014
If you think my comments are 'less than constructive', I see no point in continuing this discussion.

To end off, I'll just leave this here.
How was I suppose to know that things don't work the same in China anyway?
May 15, 2017 1:03 AM

Dec 2013
alexielle said:
If you think my comments are 'less than constructive', I see no point in continuing this discussion.

How was I suppose to know that things don't work the same in China anyway?

I was actually trying to be nice. Condescending and passive-aggressively arrogant would fit you more to be honest. There's no need to be an straight up asshole at someone for asking for clarification to something that they don't understand and expect others do, but I guess that's your standard setting. I asked because it didn't seem right to me. Just cause you find it normal in your everyday life doesn't make it so for other cultures. They never explained it in the show, ergo the question. What's so wrong with that?

Lay off with the unnecessary attitude, will ya. At least the other people above were being civil about it. Jesus this fan base.... you're just giving it a bad name.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 15, 2017 1:19 AM
Apr 2014
If you were genuinely just trying to understand the reasons behind it, I am perfectly fine with that. I took exception to the complaints that the show should have laid it all out for you right here and now.
alexielleMay 15, 2017 1:23 AM
May 15, 2017 1:59 AM

May 2009
LOL @ 7:02, I was saying... "Awww..." Then BAM! It's actually collection of fee. XD

Finally, PvP scenes! The fight scenes are awesome and epic!! I'll never get enough of this!!
And that Jiexi can't stay still until Lord Grim is finished huh. MC is the real boss. XD Everyone is such a badass! *^* And Jiexi is so pretty *^*

“I despise common sense.
I’ve seen the world from every possible angle.
This cruel, ridiculous, beautiful world.”

- Lacie Baskerville

||||
May 15, 2017 3:08 AM
Apr 2014
MagePhaira said:
LOL @ 7:02, I was saying... "Awww..." Then BAM! It's actually collection of fee. XD

Yeah!! I was thinking 'Are they really doing this?!' Then... OTL

MagePhaira said:
*^* And Jiexi is so pretty *^*

THIS. <3
May 15, 2017 7:56 AM
Apr 2017
L-Ryoshi said:
ap1001 said:

basically,if a NBA star terminates his contract with his teams.he will have to face a lawsuit and pay a large sum of penalty.his reputation will sufferas well. Ye Xiu have no commercial value,but
Mucheng have.its difficult for Mucheng to leave Jiashi.
May 15, 2017 8:24 AM

Dec 2010
Terrible CGI, but episode was lit. Also, Jiexi's character design looks very similar to Ye Xiu, I thought they were the same person for a sec.
May 15, 2017 12:33 PM

Apr 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
alexielle said:

I was actually trying to be nice. Condescending and passive-aggressively arrogant would fit you more to be honest. There's no need to be an straight up asshole at someone for asking for clarification to something that they don't understand and expect others do, but I guess that's your standard setting. I asked because it didn't seem right to me. Just cause you find it normal in your everyday life doesn't make it so for other cultures. They never explained it in the show, ergo the question. What's so wrong with that?

Lay off with the unnecessary attitude, will ya. At least the other people above were being civil about it. Jesus this fan base.... you're just giving it a bad name.

You're reasoning wasn't totally wrong, Ye Xiu admitted himself in this episode he could have transferred to another team (this team probably would pay the contract breaking or transfer fee) and the only dubious reason he didn't do it : Mucheng ???

I also asked myself, like you : why not transfer then? if he could keep on being the best, wreck EE in the same time for the fun and after one and a half year Mucheng come along (if she's still good, no team would say no)? That was the logical story but with that there would be no "I start alone frome zero" plot.

The Mucheng excuse sounded to me like "the poor girl won't be able to breath if I'm far away playing in another team and she'll break her contract".
Well, whatever, in the anime world, best player in Glory history can't transfer team, doesn't sound realistic to me above all when it's mentioned it was possible but I'll have to deal with it!
May 15, 2017 12:36 PM
Apr 2017
Pknoctis said:
Terrible CGI, but episode was lit. Also, Jiexi's character design looks very similar to Ye Xiu, I thought they were the same person for a sec.

This is the weakness of G.CMAY,If you look at other anime they make,You can find out 10 Ye Xiu,In china we call it “G.CMAY face” I hope they can make some progress
May 15, 2017 12:37 PM

Apr 2014
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
L-Ryoshi said:

You're reasoning wasn't totally wrong, Ye Xiu admitted himself in this episode he could have transferred to another team (this team probably would pay the contract breaking or transfer fee) and the only dubious reason he didn't do it : Mucheng ???

I also asked myself, like you : why not transfer then? if he could keep on being the best, wreck EE in the same time for the fun and after one and a half year Mucheng come along (if she's still good, no team would say no)? That was the logical story but with that there would be no "I start alone frome zero" plot.

The Mucheng excuse sounded to me like "the poor girl won't be able to breath if I'm far away playing in another team and she'll break her contract".
Well, whatever, in the anime world, best player in Glory history can't transfer team, doesn't sound realistic to me above all when it's mentioned it was possible but I'll have to deal with it!

BrandonAug 26, 2019 10:36 AM
May 15, 2017 1:58 PM

Apr 2016
ap1001 said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Chap 622

"...
In addition, emotional attachment to the team also had a factor in his retirement.

You people want spoilers, fine here is the spoilers. Can people use their brain for a sec, or do I have to make a logic map, for all the people who can't put 1+1=2 together.

Chap 501

Apparently you are the one who has a problem with understanding words. Watch this episode again, and then read what I say.

You're making a fool of yourself posting in this thread big spoilers. You don't even know how to use a spoiler button? Ha ha ha!

As for my assertions, they are based on the conversation Ye Xiu himself had with Shao Tian in this episode.

As for the explanation you give with your big spoilers, it doesn't even make the writing better, it's even worse!!! It contradicts the possibility of a transfer (we got in this episode) and then, Seriously! Ye Xiu is such a nice guy! First he sacrifices himself for Mucheng even if he doesn't need to and now you say (oh look a spoiler button, what is that?)

Let me laugh!
Ysad_ZiwezhanMay 15, 2017 2:10 PM
May 15, 2017 6:06 PM
Apr 2017
Calm down bros. don't ruin your mind with angry moods. Let me tell you some points that didn't mention in this episode. Actually it is only episode 7, the anime doesn't go that deep now, I think you will find this answer later in the anime, according to the plot in novel, maybe you need to wait until Season 2. So there maybe some SPOILERS, I'm sorry for that.

As shao tian asked MC, why not transfer?
Actually it is not so hard to understand.

Firstly, the boss of EE doesn't want MC, but he also doesn't want any other team get MC, because MC is the best, if he transfers, it will trouble his team. So he forces MC to retire. If MC transfers, he needs to pay a large amount of fee, but if he retires, he doesn't need.
Yes, there might be team can pay the fee. But is this team really want him? The best teams, such as blue rain, tiny herb, all have their own best pro stars. They do not need MC, because MC will ruin their team tactics, the team not only need to pay the fee of transfer, but also need time and money to develop new team tactics. How can this battle mage work with them? They need to find out the best way to make him fit to their team. What's more, the team has to build a new god character( because the character belongs to the team as well, they have to buy that character from EE - of course EE won't allow One Autumn Leaf to be sold, so the team has to build a new character with similar silver equipments) . MC is the best, but can he lead the team to the top? (EE, who failed although MC is there) And more pro stars doesn't means better. Thus, is he really worth it?
The Boss in EE maybe realize that, but he doesn't want to give MC any opportunities, so he forced him to retire.

Now go back to Shao tian's question. MC answered " if I transferred, what about Mu Cheng?" Mu Cheng will always with him. Then if he transferred, Mu Cheng will go with him. So the team who wants MC need to pay two pro stars as well as their characters, or make two characters with similar silver equipments. (I don't remember how many silver equipments One Autumn Leaf has, is it 11?)Ok, maybe there is a very rich team who can afford this. What will Mu Cheng faces? Mu Cheng is a famous star in EE, she did a lot for EE, the fans of EE respect her, regard her as one of the symbols of EE. So if she suddenly transfers, join the other team and defeat EE, what will the fans of EE think? They will feel Mu Cheng betrayed EE, betrayed them.

Then another question, why not tell the truth to the public, tell their fans what EE did to MC, and tell them the real reason why Mu Cheng left EE so that Mu Cheng will not be blamed.

So although Shao tian has that question, he doesn't think a lot when he asks. After MC's answer, he thinks twice and get some points.

I'm not good at writing English. Hope you guys understand what I'm talking about. And thanks for people who read this.
May 15, 2017 6:46 PM

Mar 2013
This series is getting better than ever <3 I love how even pro players treat him as the ultimate boss xD
May 15, 2017 8:20 PM

Apr 2016
shinnnne said:
Calm down bros. don't ruin your mind with angry moods. Let me tell you some points that didn't mention in this episode. Actually it is only episode 7, the anime doesn't go that deep now, I think you will find this answer later in the anime, according to the plot in novel, maybe you need to wait until Season 2. So there maybe some SPOILERS, I'm sorry for that.

As shao tian asked MC, why not transfer?
Actually it is not so hard to understand.

Firstly, the boss of EE doesn't want MC, but he also doesn't want any other team get MC, because MC is the best, if he transfers, it will trouble his team. So he forces MC to retire. If MC transfers, he needs to pay a large amount of fee, but if he retires, he doesn't need.
Yes, there might be team can pay the fee. But is this team really want him? The best teams, such as blue rain, tiny herb, all have their own best pro stars. They do not need MC, because MC will ruin their team tactics, the team not only need to pay the fee of transfer, but also need time and money to develop new team tactics. How can this battle mage work with them? They need to find out the best way to make him fit to their team. What's more, the team has to build a new god character( because the character belongs to the team as well, they have to buy that character from EE - of course EE won't allow One Autumn Leaf to be sold, so the team has to build a new character with similar silver equipments) . MC is the best, but can he lead the team to the top? (EE, who failed although MC is there) And more pro stars doesn't means better. Thus, is he really worth it?
The Boss in EE maybe realize that, but he doesn't want to give MC any opportunities, so he forced him to retire.

Now go back to Shao tian's question. MC answered " if I transferred, what about Mu Cheng?" Mu Cheng will always with him. Then if he transferred, Mu Cheng will go with him. So the team who wants MC need to pay two pro stars as well as their characters, or make two characters with similar silver equipments. (I don't remember how many silver equipments One Autumn Leaf has, is it 11?)Ok, maybe there is a very rich team who can afford this. What will Mu Cheng faces? Mu Cheng is a famous star in EE, she did a lot for EE, the fans of EE respect her, regard her as one of the symbols of EE. So if she suddenly transfers, join the other team and defeat EE, what will the fans of EE think? They will feel Mu Cheng betrayed EE, betrayed them.

Then another question, why not tell the truth to the public, tell their fans what EE did to MC, and tell them the real reason why Mu Cheng left EE so that Mu Cheng will not be blamed.

So although Shao tian has that question, he doesn't think a lot when he asks. After MC's answer, he thinks twice and get some points.

I'm not good at writing English. Hope you guys understand what I'm talking about. And thanks for people who read this.

Right! It seems you almost understood.

Now ... You should think about your argumentation ... and then think about the discussion in the beginning of episode 7. It could have been something like :
Shao Tian :" No matter what, you should have tried to transfer to another team!"
Ye Xiu : "I couldn't transfer because, nobody would have taken me, it would have cost too much and they wouldn't have necessarily won with me"

easy, isn't it? makes sense somewhat.

But then ...

what did we actually get in episode 7 ?
That :
Shao Tian :" No matter what, you should have tried to transfer to another team!"
Ye Xiu : "If I transferred team, what about Muchang?"

See? There's a huge difference in the logic/reasoning and overall meaning.

All your arguments were thrown out of the window by the guy who wrote the dialogs. Great, isn't it? It's not me, it's the guy who wrote that all.

To finish, Muchang being described as the little dog that must follow big bro Ye Xiu at all cost even if it means going into retirement for a year, is for me a weak idea, it's possible, sure, it's anime, women are irrational and overly devoted to Male MC after all but it is still weak and that's what we've got. Nothing of all your better sounding arguments.

He could transfer. He didn't.
Why? Because Muchang.

Yeah, sure!

By the way

second point I already answered this one but you brought it back, so my answer again :
Ysad_ZiwezhanMay 15, 2017 8:39 PM
May 15, 2017 9:38 PM
Apr 2017
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Right! It seems you almost understood.

Now ... You should think about your argumentation ... and then think about the discussion in the beginning of episode 7. It could have been something like :
Ye Xiu : "I couldn't transfer because, nobody would have taken me, it would have cost too much and they wouldn't have necessarily won with me"

easy, isn't it? makes sense somewhat.

But then ...

what did we actually get in episode 7 ?
That :
Ye Xiu : "If I transferred team, what about Muchang?"

See? There's a huge difference in the logic/reasoning and overall meaning.

All your arguments were thrown out of the window by the guy who wrote the dialogs. Great, isn't it? It's not me, it's the guy who wrote that all.

To finish, Muchang being described as the little dog that must follow big bro Ye Xiu at all cost even if it means going into retirement for a year, is for me a weak idea, it's possible, sure, it's anime, women are irrational and overly devoted to Male MC after all but it is still weak and that's what we've got. Nothing of all your better sounding arguments.

He could transfer. He didn't.
Why? Because Muchang.

Yeah, sure!

By the way

second point I already answered this one but you brought it back, so my answer again :

I'm trying to cover everything, that's why I kept saying if... Ok, now you point out what I didn't say just because I didn't what to spoiler you too much.

Firstly, Mu Cheng. Mu Cheng is his best friend, he care about Mu Cheng because she is his best friend, not because she is female. If he transferred, he doesn't mind his fame drops, but he want to protect Mu Cheng away from that situation. It doesn't matter Mu Cheng is a girl or not, he just want to protect his friend. Then goes to the thought of Mu Cheng. Yes, Mu Cheng is that kind of girl, who want to follow MC, and who, in MC's eye, maybe will hurt from this kind of situation. But there is also other kind of girls, such as Tang Rou, who want to defeat MC, and doesn't care fame at all.
If you don't like Mu Cheng, then pay attention to Tang Rou if you like.

Then go back to this episode. You want MC to answer like this? Do you think MC will take this reason as the main reason why he does not want to transfer? This just the problem he will face, but he never afraid to face that kind of problems. See, he is now trying to go back to the top with a new team, this is even more difficult than transfer to another team.
Yes I said above that it is hard for him to transfer, but it is not the main reason for MC himself. I just want to cover everything, and this problem is a real deal. But in MC's mind, the main reason is Mu Cheng. He doesn't afraid of his dark future at all, he doesn't want Mu Cheng to fall in that dark future. Why he care Mu Cheng so much? I don't want to say that. It is the most important spoiler here.

Ok. Let's talk about EE.

Anyway, sorry for the spoiler. I just want to answer your question, I don't want to make any angry conversations.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

eplipswich - May 5, 2017

123 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 10:31 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Lambdaa- - Apr 7, 2017

165 by WienGirl »»
Oct 3, 8:17 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

NettoAzure - Apr 6, 2017

226 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Jul 29, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

echiomega - Apr 14, 2017

139 by nightjasmine »»
Jul 14, 6:21 PM

Poll: » Quanzhi Gaoshou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

eplipswich - Jun 8, 2017

63 by amf85 »»
Jun 15, 4:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.