Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 18, 2017 9:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Man, that new guy they introduced this episode had a blood thirst for rough matches.

Speaking of matches, it seems they showcased some of the more intense elements of wrestling this episode. Looks like Azuma went on a date this episode with a friend, fun stuff.

Feb 18, 2017 4:11 PM

Oct 2016
Awesome episode. The most likely candidate for the final boss of the anime has been revealed and those who saw the original series probably smelled it from a mile away. Yes, it's Tiger the Great who serves as commentator to Hell in the Hole.

Didn't surprise me that Ken Takaoka does not want to hear of Haruna ever trying to wrestle. It's not just about the promise he made to Yoko. It's mainly due to his own experiences in the ring. After all, in ep 101 the original Tiger the Great almost killed him before being interrupted.
Feb 18, 2017 4:44 PM
Feb 2017
TTT confused me since he sounded like Yellow Devil (Bin Shimada) while he looked like Tiger The Great ( The final boss and the head wrestler of Tiger Den from the Original series).
Did Yellow Devil get a mid-season upgrade LOL
Feb 18, 2017 8:45 PM

Nov 2015
This really reminded me of The Hunger Games.

Feb 19, 2017 4:39 AM

Oct 2016
vincent_vincent said:
TTT confused me since he sounded like Yellow Devil (Bin Shimada) while he looked like Tiger The Great ( The final boss and the head wrestler of Tiger Den from the Original series).

And that's probably the same person that just switched masks, at least that's my theory. You know, leave the Devil mask to Billy, taking on the Tiger one. Remember ep 3 when he scouted Takuma into the Tigers' Den alongside Mr. X? That was the only time we saw Mr. X with another wrestler by his side. And now, once again, we see Mr. X accompanied by a wrestler, by some miracle it just happens to be Tiger the Great and he sounds almost just like Yellow Devil. Hmm. Hmm.
Feb 19, 2017 6:29 AM

Jan 2013
Oh my God, Tiger the Great?! Now I want to see the three tigers duke it out on one ring!
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Feb 19, 2017 8:35 AM
Feb 2017
Embryo-sama said:
vincent_vincent said:

And that's probably the same person that just switched masks, at least that's my theory. You know, leave the Devil mask to Billy, taking on the Tiger one. Remember ep 3 when he scouted Takuma into the Tigers' Den alongside Mr. X? That was the only time we saw Mr. X with another wrestler by his side. And now, once again, we see Mr. X accompanied by a wrestler, by some miracle it just happens to be Tiger the Great and he sounds almost just like Yellow Devil. Hmm. Hmm.

You really have a good memory, make sense.
Feb 19, 2017 10:54 AM

Mar 2013
great bad enough I haven't seen the original series, I'm trying to avoid spoilers in any possible way but the anime keeps making references or throwbacks to the original series and now even the comment section is giving everything away. that's it I'm watching the original tiger mask starting monday. as for the episode holy crap it got intense a little too intense that is. I was not expecting the black wrestlers to be the first one's to go honestly I really wanted to see black python go up against red death mask but it wasn't meant to be. also did Ricardo die or simply end up in a coma?
Feb 19, 2017 11:30 AM

Oct 2016
FallenEntity said:
also did Ricardo die or simply end up in a coma?

It was not specifically stated but you should assume he's dead. Fatalities are bound to occur in Hell in the Hole, this was stated repeatedly.

For the spoilers, I sincerely apologize. Unfortunately, those who say this series can be watched standalone, are dead wrong. DEAD-IN-THE-WATER level of wrong. Tiger Mask Nisei just killed off Naoto Date in a random accident and went with a new Tiger Mask hailing from old Tiger's Den but going up against a new organization otherwise. Aside from Inoki, there were no characters from the original show whatsoever, shown or referenced to.

This series is a genuine sequel to the first and has so many references it just can't be watched standalone and fully enjoyed.

What language will you watch the original series in...?
Feb 19, 2017 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
Embryo-sama said:
FallenEntity said:
also did Ricardo die or simply end up in a coma?

It was not specifically stated but you should assume he's dead. Fatalities are bound to occur in Hell in the Hole, this was stated repeatedly.

For the spoilers, I sincerely apologize. Unfortunately, those who say this series can be watched standalone, are dead wrong. DEAD-IN-THE-WATER level of wrong. Tiger Mask Nisei just killed off Naoto Date in a random accident and went with a new Tiger Mask hailing from old Tiger's Den but going up against a new organization otherwise. Aside from Inoki, there were no characters from the original show whatsoever, shown or referenced to.

This series is a genuine sequel to the first and has so many references it just can't be watched standalone and fully enjoyed.

What language will you watch the original series in...?

for the first part I'm well aware that people die in hell in the hole I didn't clarify I meant to say is he actually dead or are they simply going to say his in a coma so they can still use him in future episodes. actually in some of the earlier episodes they do give brief history as to some of the previous wrestlers which include red death mask, mister question, and even the original tiger mask. although they are not the same wrestlers but rather a new generation of wrestlers taking old wrestlers name it's still technically a reference or rather homage to the original or previous season I'm not 100% sure since I haven't watched the other's (yet) so I can't say with certainty. as for what language if I can find it dubbed I'll watch it dubbed, if I can watch it subbed I'll watch it subbed it really doesn't matter to me hell if it's in spanish I'll watch it in spanish. I'm just tired of not getting the references, character moments and making possible connections it's almost to the point where I may have to avoid discussion threads in the off chance spoilers are given for the previous tiger mask seasons/series.
Feb 19, 2017 12:00 PM

Oct 2016
FallenEntity said:
as for what language if I can find it dubbed I'll watch it dubbed, if I can watch it subbed I'll watch it subbed it really doesn't matter to me hell if it's in spanish I'll watch it in spanish. I'm just tired of not getting the references, character moments and making possible connections it's almost to the point where I may have to avoid discussion threads in the off chance spoilers are given for the previous tiger mask seasons/series.

Well. I know of Japanese RAW version and there's an Italian dub (horribly translated by the way) and a Polish one ontop of the Italian one. English - you'll find 3 episodes subbed, nothing else.

Season 2 has more English-subbed episodes but even that isn't the complete series but half-ish.
Feb 19, 2017 12:08 PM

Mar 2013
Embryo-sama said:
FallenEntity said:
as for what language if I can find it dubbed I'll watch it dubbed, if I can watch it subbed I'll watch it subbed it really doesn't matter to me hell if it's in spanish I'll watch it in spanish. I'm just tired of not getting the references, character moments and making possible connections it's almost to the point where I may have to avoid discussion threads in the off chance spoilers are given for the previous tiger mask seasons/series.

Well. I know of Japanese RAW version and there's an Italian dub (horribly translated by the way) and a Polish one ontop of the Italian one. English - you'll find 3 episodes subbed, nothing else.

Season 2 has more English-subbed episodes but even that isn't the complete series but half-ish.

Trust me My determination knows no bounds I will find it even if I must watch it raw.
Feb 19, 2017 1:30 PM

Oct 2016
If you understand Japanese, then I want us to join forces. I can offer you raw downloads and if you indeed understand the language, I'll prepare subtitle timings for you. It won't be much, literally just timing and the lines will say LINE 1: TIGER SPEAKS or LINE 10: COMMENTATOR SPEAKS and you'd have to fill in the English text.

I also want to watch Tiger Mask in Japanese (but with a proper translation). The Italian one and the Polish one derived from it sometimes has LOTS of liberties from the source material! By all means, PLEASE do help me if you understand the Japanese language!
Feb 21, 2017 4:37 AM

Jan 2011
Oh nice, they didn't try to force Hell in the Hole into one episode. That was some brutal wrestling, the kind I'd like to see pop up more in this series. If it continues to escalate than I could totally forgive how flat a lot of the other matches came across.

Something I've found interesting is despite what everything would lead you to believe Takuma really hasn't been all that big a deal compared to Tiger Mask, but is actually slowly making his way up. They could of easily have just started him off as a big player with his background already enough to show he worked for it, but they're really going an extra mile with it. Helps me a bit in overlooking some other shortcomings this series has had.
ReaperCreeperFeb 21, 2017 4:43 AM
Feb 22, 2017 9:28 AM

Jun 2015
Now that's what I call a death match.
Mar 4, 2017 1:08 AM

Oct 2008
That is what a real tag team looks like!
But Takuma will find a way to defeat those 2 and then last match might be against Red Death Mask.
Naoto had a good date with that GMW nurse!
4/5.

Apr 7, 2017 8:42 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Was a nice episode, possible the best of this anime that i have watch!!! ;)

A hard proof, in the Hell in the Hole!!! Although i think it was worst xSD

Tiger_The_Great said:
. Yes, it's Tiger the Great who serves as commentator to Hell in the Hole.

O__O No coments!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.