Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2016 10:14 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow. This episode was intense, definitely worth waiting for yellow Tiger Mask Naoto.
I guess fighters really shouldn't be judged by their looks. The fact is, this masked turban guy knows how to fight by experience.

However, it looks like Naoto was able to fight back. Really hope they have a rematch in the future.

The other match was okay, a lot of ring action this episode. Can't keep my eyes off of the masked guy on commentary though
Dec 10, 2016 2:14 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was really one of the better ones, really enjoyed his fight with Mister Question :D
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 10, 2016 8:39 PM

Apr 2011
Looking forward to Incineroar vs Shiny Incineroar next week.
Dec 11, 2016 10:12 AM

Jun 2013
damnMister Question is such a freak
Dec 11, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
Meh, I could've done without the unrealistic Dhalsim stuff.
Dec 11, 2016 12:52 PM

Oct 2016
Excellent fight and quite honestly he's much more ferocious than the original Mr. Question. In the first season I saw none of these get-bones-out-of-joints yoga stuff for instance. In fact, he's more influenced by Black V who had a body like rubber IMO. Excellent throwback to not one but two iconic TM1 opponents.
Dec 12, 2016 2:17 PM
Jul 2014
Fun to see another extended back and forth match. The animation is clearly cheap but they're pulling it off with what they have available.

Also saw today that at a future NJPW show they're going to do mirror the next match with a Tiger Mask (Kota Ibushi) vs Tiger the Dark (ACH) match. Also learned that Tiger Dark was once played by Eddie Guerrero....mind=blown.

Funny story though, the last guy to play the role, Nosawa, got busted for smuggling weed which was planted on him by a rival wrestler to sabotage his career in exchange for a wrestling contract. A year before he got the Tiger Dark role he'd also been charged with stealing a taxi and driving it without a license....I swear his exploits read like something you'd expect from a heel in the Tiger Mask anime.
Dec 13, 2016 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
Low_Ki said:
Tiger Mask (Kota Ibushi) vs Tiger the Dark (ACH)

Dec 13, 2016 7:52 PM

Oct 2011
what a match with mister question.
Omg Yellow Devil
Dec 14, 2016 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
Fukuwara Mask being a Commentator made this show a whole lot better!
4/5.

Dec 16, 2016 12:16 PM

Oct 2016
Low_Ki said:
Also saw today that at a future NJPW show they're going to do mirror the next match with a Tiger Mask (Kota Ibushi) vs Tiger the Dark (ACH) match. Also learned that Tiger Dark was once played by Eddie Guerrero....mind=blown.

You must be confusing aliases. Guerrero was Black Tiger.

Interestingly enough, his mask is like a photographic negative of the mask of Tiger the Great from the original series' finale. In the series, Black Tiger had a regular tiger's mask, only with a different shade than the protagonist but the same base color. As a contrast, he painted his body brown or something (he definitely wasn't a black man as we can clearly see that his hands were that of a caucassian while he still served as one of the three hooded executives of Tigers' Den). So, that rival for real-world Tiger Mask is actually a composite character.
Dec 17, 2016 12:38 AM
Jul 2014
Embryo-sama said:
Low_Ki said:

You must be confusing aliases. Guerrero was Black Tiger.

Interestingly enough, his mask is like a photographic negative of the mask of Tiger the Great from the original series' finale. In the series, Black Tiger had a regular tiger's mask, only with a different shade than the protagonist but the same base color. As a contrast, he painted his body brown or something (he definitely wasn't a black man as we can clearly see that his hands were that of a caucassian while he still served as one of the three hooded executives of Tigers' Den). So, that rival for real-world Tiger Mask is actually a composite character.

Yeah I mixed up their names. I blame the makers for going with a different name this time :(

Funny thing though, with WWE's recent expansion into other countries (the UK show) using a revamped territories system and Kidani's claim that they're looking at buying a Japanese promotion to gain a foothold to capture the market...basically, it sums up the Tiger Mask W GWM premise to a tee. WWE=GWM.
Dec 17, 2016 12:45 AM

Oct 2016
Low_Ki said:
basically, it sums up the Tiger Mask W GWM premise to a tee. WWE=GWM.

Do they have a Miss X?
Dec 17, 2016 2:38 AM
Jul 2014
Embryo-sama said:
Low_Ki said:
basically, it sums up the Tiger Mask W GWM premise to a tee. WWE=GWM.

Do they have a Miss X?

Stephanie McMahon aka the bosses daughter and the company's real life Chief Brand Officer. This is legit how she came out during WM32:
Dec 17, 2016 10:11 AM
Oct 2016
While the WWE comparison has merit (obviously doing it for dramatic/comedic reasons), the McMahon comparison likely doesn't hold up. Mr. X existed long before Vince the WWE CEO.

Likewise, if you translate the twitter of one of the artist/designers, they said they based Miss X off of the lead blonde Nazi lady in Iron Sky (previously, they were going for someone more like Anne Hatheway).

In that sense, I don't think the McMahons matter as the whole WWE comparison only exists on a superficial/comedic/dramatic level.

Looking at it that way only frames it from the perspective of an American, who are more familiar with that family. Thus, you'd be ascribing what you're familiar with onto a Japanese storyline. Whereas, in Japan, they don't know or care as much about the McMahons.
Dec 17, 2016 3:11 PM
Jul 2014
I was half joking/semi serious. But when I read Kidani's (owner of NJPW's) recent statement about WWE confirmed to be doing a global expansion not only into the UK but Japan, Mexico and many more countries.....my first though though based on their history of ruthlessly crushing smaller competitors like the old territory system, WCW, poaching talent on a mass scale by offering them massive contracts was that it's literally GWM's story from this anime lol

It's been ages since I've skimmed over Tiger Mask 1, but it revolved around Tigers Den and there wasn't a GWM type entity who ruthlessly expanded by steamrolling through all other promotions right?
Dec 18, 2016 7:35 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This episode the real identity of Mr. Question is revelated, is a "oji-san" xD But is inteligent and gives a good advice to Tiger Mask, needs a new submission attack technique!!!!

Another the animation style was very poor!!!
Jan 22, 2017 1:12 AM

Dec 2012
Mister question makes me think to Dhalsim xD, good fight.
Feb 24, 2023 11:11 AM
Nov 2021
Esse cara é mó legal. Foi meio bizarro ele mostrando o que conseguia fazer. Mas foi bom que ele pôs o protagonista a pensar um pouco além do comum e bolar algo novo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.