Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 22, 2016 1:33 AM

Oct 2014
This episode was really intense, but if rinne lose this match, does that mean we won't see her fight fuuka?
ReD_GaaraNov 22, 2016 3:00 AM
If i don't have to do it, i won't
if i do have to do it,I'll make it quick
Nov 22, 2016 2:51 AM
Feb 2015
ReDGaara said:
This episode was really intense, but if rinne lose this match, does that mean we won't see her fight fuuka?

They can always fight outside the tournament.
Nov 22, 2016 3:04 AM

Sep 2009
She has already promised to fight Fuuka if she lose.
Nov 22, 2016 5:08 AM

Jun 2010
TYxTxYT said:
Let's be honest, censoring Nanoha and Fate is just unnecessary and a big "fuck you" from Tsuzuki.
God I hate this guy.

sarroush said:

ENTIRELY unnecessary to censor those faces. Fate & Nanoha literally made your series what it is Tsuzuki. .

The staff listing actually doesn't list him as working on this project? Is it actually confirmed he is?

I thought maybe that was one reason why they left, "Nanoha." Out the title and didn't continue it as Vivio's series, because the original creator of Nanoha isn't working on the project.
Nov 22, 2016 6:36 AM

Apr 2015
neonie said:
TYxTxYT said:
Let's be honest, censoring Nanoha and Fate is just unnecessary and a big "fuck you" from Tsuzuki.
God I hate this guy.

sarroush said:

ENTIRELY unnecessary to censor those faces. Fate & Nanoha literally made your series what it is Tsuzuki. .

The staff listing actually doesn't list him as working on this project? Is it actually confirmed he is?

I thought maybe that was one reason why they left, "Nanoha." Out the title and didn't continue it as Vivio's series, because the original creator of Nanoha isn't working on the project.

http://vivid-strike.com/staff/
> 原作・脚本 都築真紀
Creator and script, Tsuzuki Masaki
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Nov 22, 2016 6:45 AM

Jun 2010
TYxTxYT said:
neonie said:

> 原作・脚本 都築真紀

Thanks. And Damn. That really is... Odd, then. As I do feel like this season of... The continuation of what is essentially the Nanoha universe, does seem like it's trying to distance it self from Nanoha somewhat. (Although, some of the promotional art actually has Nanoha and Fate in it, which is also strange.)

And they haven't appeared in this season at all... Which is kind of a bummer. Because of my favorite parts of Nanoha is... Uh... Nanoha. (And the sweet, sweet tones of Tamura, Yukari.)
Nov 22, 2016 7:03 AM

Apr 2015
neonie said:
TYxTxYT said:

> 原作・脚本 都築真紀

Thanks. And Damn. That really is... Odd, then. As I do feel like this season of... The continuation of what is essentially the Nanoha universe, does seem like it's trying to distance it self from Nanoha somewhat. (Although, some of the promotional art actually has Nanoha and Fate in it, which is also strange.)

And they haven't appeared in this season at all... Which is kind of a bummer. Because of my favorite parts of Nanoha is... Uh... Nanoha. (And the sweet, sweet tones of Tamura, Yukari.)

After that rage post I cooled my head(...) and thought over it, I think it kinda make sense because this was told in Rinne's monologue, and the information gathering of Jill is not the brightest to be honest, so Rinne probably never saw a photo of Nanoha/Fate, or know them being both female, or know the age difference between them and Vivio isn't that much.

Still a dick move though, Tsuzuki.

---
My favorite character is Nanoha as well, are we gonna battle to death, and the winner can challenge Fate?
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Nov 22, 2016 10:02 AM

Aug 2015
Very good episode. :)
The fight was so intense that it gave me chills.
I really look forward to seeing the fight between Rinne vs Fuuka, if organized one day.
Nov 22, 2016 12:19 PM

Mar 2008
I honestly wasn't that bothered by the vague image of Nanoha and Fate. They are basically the parents of the girl...who isn't the main character or antagonist. Not the first time in fiction that parents of that kind of character are kind of vague. Plus we already knew that there was no chance that they'd appear in this show anyways. And if you are trying to move with a new main cast then keeping former main characters out of the picture makes that easier. I'd like to see Nanoha again in one of these series. But I simply don't expect it with the direction they are trying to go.

Let's face it. If that guy really wanted to give the fans a "screw you" moment...he'd have killed Nanoha offscreen. In the time between Vivid and Vivid Strike, he'd have Nanoha fall down some stairs. So only vaguely showing her in a mental image has of Vivio's life is hardly a crisis.

Frankly I think the bigger thing is how darn good the fight was. This was a great character moment for Vivio and in some ways made me like her more than I even did during her series. Get a good picture of how fragile her past in StrikerS has left her and how she does have natural envy to the gifts others have. But she never lets that consume her and pushes herself incredibly hard in terms of improving the strengths she still has.

That was a great fight for Vivio.
Nov 22, 2016 12:25 PM

Jun 2013
pretty intense match but Vivio actually won
Nov 24, 2016 8:03 PM

Oct 2008
I was dead set sure that Rinne would win but damn!, I didn't expect that Vivio would still win and a really close match!
Oh no Jill is pissed-off because of her failure.
Rinne is in denial and also couldn't believe that she really lost!
Vivio's really strong! and that's somethin'!
5/5!

Nov 27, 2016 3:43 PM

Jun 2012
TYxTxYT said:
neonie said:

After that rage post I cooled my head(...) and thought over it, I think it kinda make sense because this was told in Rinne's monologue, and the information gathering of Jill is not the brightest to be honest, so Rinne probably never saw a photo of Nanoha/Fate, or know them being both female, or know the age difference between them and Vivio isn't that much.

Still a dick move though, Tsuzuki.

---
My favorite character is Nanoha as well, are we gonna battle to death, and the winner can challenge Fate?

It might be related to Yukari Tamura quitting King Records, from what i've heard, they didn't part on good terms It might be related to Yukari Tamura quitting King Records, from what i heard, they didn't part ways in good terms http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-02-12/voice-actress-yukari-tamura-contract-with-king-records-ends/.98647
Nov 27, 2016 9:51 PM

Apr 2015

I am well aware of What happened between Yukarin and KR, however 7Arc is planning to release the third movie in 2017, so that should not get in the way.
Nov 28, 2016 4:24 AM

Nov 2009
ErwinJA said:
zwolf12 said:
The only thing i don't really understand is the talk about Vivios body not being build for fighting, because of her backtory of the descendent (or however you wanna call it) of a famous warrior emperor.
A sub theme in the show is a variation on the nature vs nurture debate. Rinne's trainer believes that "natural talent," or one's basic body build, is the most important thing, and focuses entirely on physical training as a result. Thus, Rinne is phenomenal in that respect, but weak in other areas like mental and emotional strength. Vivio's trainer believes in the Kenichi phenomenon, where a strong heart and mind, with enough work, can produce an equally capable fighter.
Since trainers necessarily share their ideas with their students, a defeat by an "inferior" Vivio, especially twice in a row to prove it was no fluke, isn't just losing, but a complete repudiation of what Rinne's been taught to believe.

As for Vivio's connection to the Sankt Kaisers, that means nothing here. There is nothing that says Olivie didn't have the exact same weaknesses, but similarly overcome them.

Do we have any reason to think Olivie was a martial artist in the first place? She could have been a pure caster like Nanoha.

valvravetruth said:
This episode's subs need some serious repair.

Is the translator using some voice translation system by recording what the characters are saying and let system do all the translation, but the subs will be wrong if the character voice or speech is unclear.

If you're using Ron's subs, no, there is no way for an automated system to mistake legs for arms (or was it the other way around?). It's probably all-natural human mistakes.

Shingster said:
Hmm i can't tell whether Rinne's coach is using Rinne or that she cares about her

Rinne's coach is probably too straightforward to be "using" Rinne. She's just not a very good coach, even though she's good at martial arts. Because she isn't wise enough.
flannanNov 28, 2016 4:35 AM
Nov 28, 2016 4:50 AM
Feb 2015
flannan said:
Rinne's coach is probably too straightforward to be "using" Rinne. She's just not a very good coach, even though she's good at martial arts. Because she isn't wise enough.

Rather than using, it feels like Jill is only interested in making all her fighters/students to become stronger physically, she doesn't really put time in making them grow mentally. Harry even said that her training is rough on her and Victor.
Nov 28, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2009
What a surprise, I was expecting Rinne to win...

What a shame that they don't even show Nanoha and Fate's face in the photo...
Dec 3, 2016 3:57 AM

Mar 2014
Where are all the comments about this being an episode of Hajime No Ippo. (In the ense of paying homage)
-Im of course mostly talking about Mashiba's flicker jab and Ippo's finishing move to name a few
-cuz I loved it

Also makes sense for the picture censor because it was Rinne monologing about Vivio.
They probably didnt want Nanoha to pull focus away from Vivio.
zunderdog24Dec 3, 2016 4:12 AM