Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 9, 2016 1:47 PM

Mar 2016
Im gonna be doing one of these for each season as of now, where we can all get together and discuss the batch of anime thats been baked up for us :3

For me at least, nothing stands out a lot, just a few series caught my interest. Occultic;Nine is promising, so I have high hopes there, and Sangatsu no Lion looks great too. There's also the second season of Ajin, but thats on hold for me until Ive seen the first season :P

So which anime caught your eye?
Sm;)e
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 9, 2016 11:51 PM

Aug 2015
There's like... Only one anime I was hyped for in Fall 2016
And that was www.Working

But some other anime do look promising, so I'll give them a shot.
Also, that Madoka magica x Danganronpa anime though,
Oct 10, 2016 12:03 AM

Mar 2016
Oh yeah that Magical Girl Raising Project one looked pretty shit xD
Working doesn't look too bad, but not really my kinda show, still it's got a good staff so fingers crossed it's a goodie :P
Sm;)e
Oct 10, 2016 1:06 AM
Mar 2016
Same here, nothing caught my eye when i looked through the list, well, i wasn't looking for one anyways, i still have plenty of series to finish :V
Oct 10, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 2015
Gladly, I was able to restrain myself this season and only picked up 14 shows, out of which 5 are shorts. These are way less than in the Summer season, so I hope to have more time for the older shows that are my piling up on my on-hold.

Up till now, Fall is looking good so far, better than Spring at least and will maybe get better than Summer aswell. What I started:

- Bungou Stray Dogs 2nd Season: decent in the same manner as the first season, not outstanding by any means, but entertaining and thus far consistent in comparison to s1. somewhat 5/10

- Drifters: great art style, but lacking animations; only basic story overview in the first episode, but definetely has the Hirano Kouta vibe I wanted. 5-6/10

- Shuumatsu no Izetta: not much is to say about the story yet, because it could still go in many directions, but the animations, the general production values and the way the series presents and establishes itself is pretty good. (i also like them yuri vibes) 6/10

- Keijo!!!!!!!!: genuinely hilarious ass-fights; get ready for the BUTT CANNON 5/10

- Nanbaka: decent comedy with quirky characters, but with a useless trap 5/10

- 3-gatsu no Lion: great animation, pacing and atmosphere; the best-made pilot this season; based shaft at it again 7/10

- Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!: ecchi, that isn't held by back by a stupid plot s2 5/10

- Gi(a)rlish Number: a cynical catch on the industry with good character presentation, chitose is smug af 6/10

- ClassicaLoid: strange to say the least and weird with trying to pull tension out of nowhere towards the end while force-exposing backstory without prior character establishement; went full obscure at the end, hype for b a c h though 4/10

- To Be Hero: interessant comedy and top-quality meme 5/10

- Gakuen Handsome: dorito chins 4/10

- Bernard-jou Iwaku.: charming and relateable 5/10

- Nobunaga no Shinobu: not much established, meh for most of the part 4/10

- Occultic;Nine: literally the worst piece of shit this season. it has been a long since i've seen such an outright failure, such a pinnacle of not being able to connect or even establish anything and such a thorough mistake and failure in every aspect. easily 2/10 (and without the great op sung by kanako itou's beautiful voice, the good production values and popular seiyuus, I wouldn't be sure why this wouldn't be a 1)

But as to be seen from the few number of bad scores, I was able to avoid most shit shows this season and therefore am truly looking forward to it :)

There are also some OVAs and Movies on my ptw (I'm looking at you, Bikini Warriors OVA), but I'm especially hyped for Zaregoto, not only written by the author who spawned two of my favourite works, but also animated by shaft, who are not only a great studio, but also proved their current qualities with 3-gatsu.

I also thought about picking up Mahou Shoujo Raising Project, but I'm not sure about that yet.
Oct 10, 2016 1:37 PM

Mar 2016
Whaaaa? You really hated Occultic;Nine that much?! I personaly think it's got a lot of potential to shine :P (Well Ryo's blimp-tits are taking it a bit far but it makes for some decent comedy at least)
I agree Sangatsu is a great anime already, hope it doesnt flop later on though.
I dont personally see any appeal whatsoever in Keijo, Gakuen Handsome or Okusama but hey we all have our tastes
Sm;)e
Oct 11, 2016 5:13 AM
May 2016
Haven't started out on any of the new releases this season except for Keijo.

Nothing really stands out to me that much, well I guess I find a few of them rather interesting.
On another note, Keijo is looking good so far, I mean, who doesn't like butt bombs and boob shields?
Oct 11, 2016 2:14 PM

Mar 2016
*Raises hand slowly*

Call me an elitist but I cant get into ecchi no matter how hard I try, not unless theres more to it than just boobs ;w;
GDTriAxisOct 12, 2016 11:14 PM
Sm;)e
Oct 20, 2016 1:50 AM

Aug 2015
GDTriAxis said:
*Raises hand slowly*

Call me an elitist but I cant get into ecchi no matter how hard I try, not unless theres more to it than just boobs ;w;

Eh, there's a lot of people that don't like ecchi

I'm okay with ecchi, at least when it has it's limits and not like "To love-ru" kind of ecchi... These kind are just plain stupid (I like To love-ru though)
Oct 20, 2016 2:14 AM

Mar 2016
I dont even want to attempt To love-ru lmao, it looks way too pervy ;w;
Sm;)e
Oct 24, 2016 6:25 AM

Aug 2015
GDTriAxis said:
I dont even want to attempt To love-ru lmao, it looks way too pervy ;w;
It is way too perv... I'm windering why tf i enjoyed it... I just like some characters :V
Nov 21, 2016 11:00 AM

Apr 2015
(I'm sorry for being kinda belated in my reply)

- Gakuen Handsome:
Actually, there is no *actual* appeal in Gakuen Handsome anymore. It was questionable back after the first episode, but meanwhile it's become blatantly apparent, that it is just full memes. And while it is enjoyable in some way to watch how incredibly memey it is, it doesn't make for anything worthy on a substantial level. It really is pure idiocy and not necessarily the good kind; my rating dropped to a 1 in the meantime.

- Okusama ga Seitokaichou!+!:
Now as you said, tastes are different and I won't and can't blame you for not liking ecchi; actually I'm not someone who enjoys ecchi or thinks it's good most of the time myself (my average for ecchi is around 3.45), but Okusama is the pinnacle of ecchi anime, albeit many fail to realize that and stupidly cling to titles such as the infamous DxD. What makes it such a competent ecchi title is the fact, that it greatly delivers at what it is suposed to be, namely fanservice. Unlike most other - full-time - ecchi titles it consists of nothing but fanservice scenes and those are executed in a great manner, it is so on-point and not weighed down by incredibly stupid plot and action like most other action titles, doesn't have characters so dumb to make me wanna bash my head (tho they sometimes are), but most of all just sticks to what it should be, so I can't help not minding it and taking it over most other ecchi titles, if not all in regards of pure fanservice.
(On another note, being an elitist correlates to a certain mindset of feeling superiority to others based on certain opinions or standings. Disliking ecchi is not connected to elitism at all, furthermore that is a common thing between many people, so there's no need to label someone as that because of such a reason.)

- Keijo!!!!!!!!:
The thing with Keijo is, that it isn't even an ecchi first and foremost. At its core, Keijo is a shounen anime, that replaces boys with girls and martial arts with ass and boobs. Keijo is incredibly shameful and there's no denying that, but the fact, that it is aware allows it to execute itself in a good manner. Keijo is blatant, yes, but its fights are so over-the-top paired with the ridiculous premise, that it turns out to be highly entertaining just in how funny nonsense it is. Now you can still criticise Keijo in terms of pacing, slight plot devices and overall skipping a lot of adaptable parts from the manga resulting in the loss of backstory, but overall this doesn't discredit how it executes itself in terms of being action-packed and entertaining in a refreshing way.

- Occultic;Nine:
Yes, I do hate Occultic;Nine (or how I like to call it: Occultic;NEIN), I detest it, I loathe it. From the very first episode on it was apparent, that it was a huge disjointed mess defying every sense of pacing, storytelling and execution and general consistency and coherency. The things continued with each episode and it got worse and worse, the show got more pseudo-intellectual, managed to be logically more inconsistent and tried to pull an idiotic mystery plot through without giving a damn about establishing. If I will ever do a kind of write-up on it, I will wait till airing finished, so for now I'll leave it with copypasting a sjhort write-up on the first episode alone, that I did after I watched it.
Repeat_it_in_redNov 21, 2016 11:05 AM
Nov 21, 2016 12:10 PM

Mar 2016
Well youre welcome to have an opinion, but I still find O;N to be one of the best anime this season really. It has what most other series dont, a more complex and rewarding story structre. O;N gets the viewer to really think hard about it, and consider all possibilities before being blown away by something no-one expected. That unpredictability, in my opinion, is absolutely glorious, and more anime need to strive to achieve it! But hey, thats just my view really :P
Sm;)e
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Winter 2016-17?

HDanke - Mar 5, 2017

2 by pbbuiter »»
Mar 7, 2017 10:30 AM

Poll: » Download, stream or buy?

GDTriAxis - Sep 30, 2016

1 by HDanke »»
Oct 5, 2016 10:02 AM

» So... this is kind of... dead?

HDanke - Sep 27, 2016

3 by Repeat_it_in_red »»
Sep 28, 2016 10:13 AM

» Favorite soundtrack?

GDTriAxis - Jul 5, 2016

4 by ZeSpeed »»
Jul 19, 2016 11:30 PM

» Favourite theme?

HDanke - Jul 19, 2016

2 by ZeSpeed »»
Jul 19, 2016 11:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.