Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 2016 3:11 AM

Apr 2015
I recently stumbled across this series and noticed that there was a series before it in the 1980's.

The whole concept alongside the two masks and the differing colours along with the background story as well is near enough exactly the same as King and Armour King from the Tekken series.

I assume this isn't a coincidence but it's a good enough reason for me to check this anime out as a massive Tekken fan growing up.
Jul 21, 2016 11:22 PM

Jun 2013
King is inspired by a real wrestler called tiger mask who also ran an orphanage if I recall properly.
Jul 22, 2016 12:29 AM

Jul 2016
Tomboy said:
King is inspired by a real wrestler called tiger mask who also ran an orphanage if I recall properly.

That person, is indeed a king then!

"We become what we think about"

If you want to succeed in life, plant the next goal you want to achieve in your brain, and work toward achieving that goal. write as specifically as you can the path you need to go through to get to the goal, and If that is really what you wished for, work toward it, and you will achieve it.
Blog

Jul 22, 2016 11:01 AM

Nov 2014
RDLVAlmond said:
I recently stumbled across this series and noticed that there was a series before it in the 1980's.

The whole concept alongside the two masks and the differing colours along with the background story as well is near enough exactly the same as King and Armour King from the Tekken series.

I assume this isn't a coincidence but it's a good enough reason for me to check this anime out as a massive Tekken fan growing up.

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. I doubt this is going to get as convoluted than the massive, deformed tree that is the Tekken storyline though, lol
Aug 18, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2015
abhutrash said:
RDLVAlmond said:

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. I doubt this is going to get as convoluted than the massive, deformed tree that is the Tekken storyline though, lol

As much as I love Tekken it's hard to defend and even keep up with parts of its storyline. If you included the multiple endings that can occur based on who wins then its even more convoluted.
Aug 18, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2015
MujinTengu said:
Tomboy said:

Agreed, the real king of iron fist there.
Sep 11, 2016 5:44 AM
Jul 2014
This is based on the NJPW Tiger Mask character? Assume since NJPW airs on TV Asahi they pushed for reviving this.

A Mexican wrestler, Fray Tormenta, is the one that runs the orphanage. King from Tekken was an amalgamation of Tiger Mask and Fray Tormenta
Sep 11, 2016 9:57 AM

Oct 2013
I grew up watching this series and is the reason why I choose to kick ass in Tekken with King all the way x)
Sep 17, 2016 10:25 AM

Aug 2013
RDLVAlmond said:
MujinTengu said:

Actually, The original Tiger Mask anime and manga was from the late 1960's, before even the real life wrestler.

The Wrestler Tiger Mask was inspired by the character from the Manga when he was growing up.

This is the original one
https://myanimelist.net/manga/30575/Tiger_Mask
Sep 17, 2016 10:27 AM

Mar 2016
Who cares, when they still not realesed the new tekken... Give me tekken, man! Mortal trash is out, but tekken isn't. WHY?
Sep 19, 2016 1:32 AM
Jul 2014
Tsukumo_Yuma said:
RDLVAlmond said:

Actually, The original Tiger Mask anime and manga was from the late 1960's, before even the real life wrestler.

The Wrestler Tiger Mask was inspired by the character from the Manga when he was growing up.

This is the original one
https://myanimelist.net/manga/30575/Tiger_Mask

Had no idea the character had such a rich history before Satoru Sayama took the role. That Dynamite Kid feud really put him on the map and made him a breakout star to differentiate himself from a manga character. It is one of the greatest feuds I've seen.
Sep 26, 2016 6:46 AM
Jun 2009
MujinTengu said:
Tomboy said:

And Tiger Mask is inspired by a real super famous Mexican wrestler name Blue Demon who also run an orphanage and donates most of his money for the kids and poor people. So it's like this: Blue Demon -> Tiger Mask manga -> Tiger Mask real wrestler -> King

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

21 by Leeeol »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

42 by Coolzweg2 »»
Mar 11, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

18 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Poll: » Tiger Mask W Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 11, 2017

29 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 26, 2023 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.