Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2012
Mixed thoughts throughout the series. When they tried to be different/unique (like the girl who tried to send mail to her old crush, or the twin who pretended to date that girl), it was just downright cringe-worthy and badly executed. When it was more normal (the sick girl who wrote poetry, or the girl who was trying to be the matchmaker), it was actually decent, although forgettable and bland.

They really need to cut down on those pedo vibes though. It's more uncomfortable than No Game No Life.

I'll leave my score at a 5 for now, but this show wasn't anything special.
Oct 23, 2014 6:33 PM
Jun 2012
@mayukachan, you found no game no life uncomfortable? Interesting, but yeah, I agree, the sentimental journey is cringy.
Oct 23, 2014 6:35 PM

Jul 2012
mikejacobs said:
@mayukachan, you found no game no life uncomfortable? Interesting, but yeah, I agree, the sentimental journey is cringy.

Somewhat. The loli nudity was awkward as I'm not into girls lol
Aug 16, 2016 8:48 AM

May 2008
It was a decent episode but episode 11 would be more suited for the final ep. All in all a pretty nice show. Well, all the main chars are shoujo but it doesn't mean it is for shoujo. I thought it would be much more boring but it was a pretty fun to watch. Some stories are meh and some are very on spot.

I guess 7 out of 10 is a reasonable score.
Aug 31, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
All twelve girls are from the Sentimental Graffiti games. The first Sentimental Graffiti game was about a boy who was forced to move a lot when he was younger. During the course of his childhood, he met the girls and affected their lives because of how he helped them. He always moved before the girls got a chance to confess to him.

Years later he received a letter from one of the girls. In the letter she tells him how he affected her and writes that she would like to meet him again. He doesn't know who sent him the letter because she didn't include her name in the letter. He travels around Japan meeting the girls again trying to find who wrote the letter. The way you played the first game determined who sent the letter.

The Sentimental Journey anime is a lot more enjoyable when you understand what happened when they knew the boy. I liked the anime a lot more after I read the girl's childhood stories with the boy from the Sentimental Graffiti Yakusoku game from here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/580772-sentimental-graffiti-yakusoku/faqs

This is just a heads up for those who were confused about the Sentimental Journey anime. It was a very popular game in Japan. The anime assumes the viewer is likely already familiar with the characters and background story so it omits a lot of details about their relationships with the boy.
Terence_TSep 14, 2023 9:45 AM
Dec 27, 2020 10:16 AM

Jun 2010
So many anime are so enamored with youth it's interesting to see a story where a high schooler's childishness is pointed out as a unsustainable problem and even specifically deals with the sexual angle of her worry.

The fantasy element of the postman was a little weird, but his strange behavior throughout the episode did ease the transition a bit. I suppose it's meant to indicate she accepted her father as "a man" instead of just being her father. She slapped her friend over being told the same thing earlier so this makes sense as a final development.

Had a good laugh at this:

EDIT: Tried to make a thread just for episode 12 but it won't let me! Guess I'll give some general comments.

There were some weaker episodes but it was generally interesting with each girl being distinctive enough to carry the lead of an episode. The "separated love" was very strong for the first three episodes but trailed off after there and some episodes would be better off without that idea entirely.
FronzelApr 25, 2023 7:11 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 3 Discussion

rsc-pl - Jun 20, 2020

1 by haydenluvsanime »»
May 8, 2021 4:18 AM

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 2 Discussion

haydenluvsanime - Apr 23, 2021

0 by haydenluvsanime »»
Apr 23, 2021 11:22 PM

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 1 Discussion

CCL_Sama - Aug 11, 2016

5 by haydenluvsanime »»
Apr 23, 2021 10:48 PM

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 9 Discussion

Fronzel - Dec 27, 2020

0 by Fronzel »»
Dec 27, 2020 10:04 AM

Poll: » Sentimental Journey Episode 11 Discussion

CCL_Sama - Aug 16, 2016

1 by Fronzel »»
Dec 26, 2020 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.