Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 11, 2016 12:50 PM
Dec 2014
In your opinion make a quick Top 5-10 list of the best players.

1) Akashi
2) Nash
3) Kise
4) Aomine
5-6) Silver/Murasakibara
7) Kagami
8) Midorima

I think its a definite that Akashi and Nash are at top and Midorima is at the bottom. Everyone in the middle can be debated as to where they fall. Im not 100% 3-7 for my list tbh
Mar 12, 2016 1:23 AM
Mar 2016
Incoming dissertation lol. I know you said you want something quick, but in order for me to get my opinion across I have to go into detail lol.

1. Nash 2. Aomine. 3. Kagami/Kise. 4. Akashi. 5. Silver 6. Midorima. 7. Murasakibara. 8. Haizaki. 9. Himuro. 10. Kuroko

I personally just cannot put a player that only assists at the top. That's insane to me. Akashi can only play one position and primarily is a facilitator. He wasn't shown scoring a single point or getting a single rebound. That's not good enough for me to place him high. You have to be active in more areas that just assists to be considered the best basketball player. I also assume him being able to enter the Zone at will has been retconned since he didn't do so in this match.

Nash is obvious. Supreme athleticism to be able to blow past 2 GoMs and then dunk on another that is in the Zone. And all that without the Zone. What I like about Nash is that he is a PG with the ability to score when he needs to, and without the Zone too. Akashi cannot do this and this is why I have Nash at the top because basketball at the end of the day is about scoring. If you can score as a PG, that is huge. Not much needs to be said about Nash.

The reason I have Aomine at the top because of his ability to score. Being able to score from any position within the arc means he will always have something to fall back on. He is an incredible defender because of his speed. He has helped so many players on defence from Murasakibara, Kagami and Kise, to Kuroko. He is the only player to have played the entire game on Vorpal Swords, despite there being another GoM level Power Forward on their bench.

All the greatest who have played basketball have been ridiculous scorers. Jordan, Wilt, Kareem (who has the most unstoppable shot ever), Shaq, Kobe, Bird, etc. Guys who are in the discussion for the top 10 are the best scorers we have ever seen in the game. Even Magic Johnson, a point guard, was an amazing scorer when he needed to be. Today, we have Steph Curry who despite is a PG, is the MVP because of his ability to score. We have Russel Westbrook who despite being a PG, is in the top 5 best players in the world today because of his incredible athleticism and his ability to score.

So for me, it’s hard to rank Akashi that high because his scoring ability is just not as good as the others because of his height. That means he’s too short to get rebounds. So all he is is a facilitator. Which for me is not good enough to be the best player. There's more to the game than just assists.

Between Kagami and Kise it’s hard for me to choose. Both are all rounders and are shown playing and guarding every position. An argument can be made for either to be better than the other. Kise’s stamina is terrible but he’s more skilled and has heart and determination. There are only two players with an unbreakable mental fortitude in this manga, and that’s Kise and Aomine. No matter what, neither one will back down or lose motivation and that’s huge.

Though, Kise can only ever use PC+Zone on a team with other GoM’s where he can be subbed out to rest for another GoM. If Kise is on Kaijo against any other GoM, using PC and Zone, then being out of a match for 10 minutes is suicide. That is 10 minutes of free points. Stamina is a huge huge factor in KnB because everyone’s a demigod that can play full 40 minute games.

Silver would be at the top if it wasn't for his mentality. He loses focus easily and is lazy. He has the talent to be the most dominant force, but he lacks the mental fortitude to be able to bring out that talent.

Midorima is not versatile enough. He is so stubborn that he’ll only shoot a 3. He never drives. He never layups. He never fades. He never shoots off the dribble. He only shoots and only shoots one way and that makes him extremely limited. And athletically he’s pretty bad. He is not fast and is pretty much a non-factor on defence.

I still have Midorima better than Murasakibara because Murasakibara also has a shitty mentality. He’s lazy and does not try. He waited something like 34 mins into this match to actually use more strength. Wtf? And he’s been holding back his whole life because he’s afraid of hurting people. That is a loser’s mentality. Shaq certainly wasn’t thinking of others when he mowed down countless people like a bulldozer. He has the talent to be potentially top 3, but he doesn’t use it. That to me is inexcusable. If you're so scared of hurting people then go join a sewing club or something. I find Murasakibara the softest player on the court by far.
Marsh90Mar 12, 2016 2:13 AM
Mar 12, 2016 9:59 AM
Mar 2016
Marsh90 said:

1. Nash 2. Aomine. 3. Kagami/Kise. 4. Akashi. 5. Silver 6. Midorima. 7. Murasakibara. 8. Haizaki. 9. Himuro. 10. Kuroko

I personally just cannot put a player that only assists at the top. That's insane to me. Akashi can only play one position and primarily is a facilitator. He wasn't shown scoring a single point or getting a single rebound. That's not good enough for me to place him high. You have to be active in more areas that just assists to be considered the best basketball player. I also assume him being able to enter the Zone at will has been retconned since he didn't do so in this match.

Akashi is the only player able to stop Aomine or Kagami, and that does not make the best?

Akashi also can score at any time, and in this game he did not play for the team ... I remember very well see Akashi score on their own when was faced with Shutoku and Seirin!
LgS_WaRioRMar 12, 2016 10:06 AM
Mar 12, 2016 10:45 AM
Mar 2016
LgS_WaRioR said:
Marsh90 said:

Akashi is the only player able to stop Aomine or Kagami, and that does not make the best?

Akashi also can score at any time, and in this game he did not play for the team ... I remember very well see Akashi score on their own when was faced with Shutoku and Seirin!

Akashi did not score in this match. Shutoku and Seirin aren't even in the same ballpark when compared to Jabberwock so idk how scoring on those teams (which other GoMs have done btw) is impressive.

He was even subbed out for at least a quarter in this game because, as the coach stated, they needed more firepower; aka scoring ability.
Mar 12, 2016 10:50 AM
Mar 2016
Marsh90 said:

Akashi did not score in this match. Shutoku and Seirin aren't even in the same ballpark when compared to Jabberwock so idk how scoring on those teams (which other GoMs have done btw) is impressive.

He was even subbed out for at least a quarter in this game because, as the coach stated, they needed more firepower; aka scoring ability.

Akashi not scored for his team play, is no longer the same Bokushi playing alone ... But when the best player on the court was at its best being unstoppable for all, Akashi stopped him.
Mar 12, 2016 11:02 AM
Mar 2016
LgS_WaRioR said:
Marsh90 said:

Akashi not scored for his team play, is no longer the same Bokushi playing alone ... But when the best player on the court was at its best being unstoppable for all, Akashi stopped him.

Akashi stole the ball from Nash at the end once. Nash rekt Akashi countless more times. In the last play Akashi wasn't able to do anything. Kuroko had to come in there and steal it.

You can be a team player and still score.
Mar 12, 2016 11:27 AM
Mar 2016
Marsh90 said:
LgS_WaRioR said:

Akashi stole the ball from Nash at the end once. Nash rekt Akashi countless more times. In the last play Akashi wasn't able to do anything. Kuroko had to come in there and steal it.

Nash was higher than Akashi, Akashi until complete your Emperor Eye

And Akashi not said he could not remove it, just he said he did not have time to get to the time remaining... Not to mention that Nash decided not face Akashi again not to lose against Vorpal Swords ...
Mar 18, 2016 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
Marsh90 said:
LgS_WaRioR said:

Man for all your arguments, you got be some Akashi Hater or you are blind, its not possible.
You are trying to lie the author facts in the series.
Akashi is the best player of the series if you analize the skills from all player, and with all facts until now, the only one who can face him in one a one is Nash. Even with the Incomplete Emperor eye, everyone obey he´s orders putting fear in the other players just by predicting everybody movements in one a one, expect Nash.
Nash is superior if you are talking about physical abilitis, but to the other hand , Akashi have the best eye and he is smarter.

Just to clarify you with some facts:
Kagami zone lost to the Akashi Incomplete Emperor Eye.
Kagami Full Zone Lost to the Akashi Zone.
Akashi could face the True zone almost to the same level with his only abilitys
Best Jaberwoock player: Nash
And Who is the only one that could stop him in the game? The best player of GOM, wich was Akashi. Put some one expept Akashi to face Nash, to see what would happen...

Besides Kuroko, Akashi is the smallest guy if you compare to the top players of the series, but he could jump almost the same height with kagami in the full zone, Kagami onlyt score because he could open the true zone door with the perfect play with kuroko.

My list if you analize all the facts from it player:

1 - Akashi (Complete Emperor Eye + Team Zone)

2- Nash (Belial eye + Pyshical Abilitys)

3 - Silver/ Murasakibara
Besides the Silver gets to emotional in the game, afecting his plays and Murasakibara its the less smarter player of them (If you desagree,just watch again the game of Yosen and Serin), his psysical abilitys compensate that.

5- Kise ( Perfect Copy and Zone possibility)/ Aomine (Control the Zone, Formeless Shoots, Speed)
* You could Argument that kise get stronger if he gets the PC + Zone, but if he does that, Its almost like the Kamikaze attack, he gets uselles after he combines the two.
Althought show the Aomine its the faster player, in the zone Akashi is faster them him. (Compare the speed of kagami vs akashi zone and the aomine vs kagami zone)

6- Kagami (Jump and Meteor Jam)
Without the zone, Kagami is almost the same level that Kise Without the PC and Zone.

7- Midorima (100% shoots from anywhere)
Besides he is above the others, he is the most dangerous guy in the team, if you dont put a special defensive on him, the other team willll definitly lose because of him.

Sorry about the bad english...
DossocMar 18, 2016 5:31 PM
Oct 31, 2016 10:00 AM
Mar 2016
that guy above who ranked akashi so low has to realize we are discussing an anime here. On a basketball forum, we would be nba fans first and kuroko fans second. On this forum? we definitely have to put kuroko, an anime, as our top priority!

With that in mind, as with any anime, we always consider the players' maximum power when discussing their power levels. standard anime procedure. the only thing is we need to add a small negative to kise since his full power can be maintained for such a short time but the others can maintain their full powers for at least a large portion of the game. I'm assuming this based on their current levels at the end of the extra game, were they to play a new match.

Unfortunately, although i think its insanely unfair as i feel midorima is the most important player in the team, and no doubt he would be named mvp of the extra game match as without him, our guys would never have caught up (although that is true for every single player), it is without a doubt that his full power is the lowest of the GoM level guys. However, he is definitely the most useful one.

#8 Midorima

Now, lets start from #1. It is undeniably Akashi. Before Akashi combined his 2 selves, there was nobody that could beat Nash one on one (even the final dunk was purposely drawn to show us that aomine and kagami actually dunked it on nash together, 2 on 1, despite them being both in the zone. also, it was clear earlier on that nash could beat either of them 1 on 1, when he did the 3 point play on zone kagami). But the moment Akashi combined his selves, he could see the future beyond the future and stole the ball from Nash. He beat nash comprehensively to the point where nash didn't dare to try anything funny as it was a given at that point that the same thing would happen as previously (akashi would steal the ball from nash again). Basically, Nash > everyone with zone, Akashi > Nash, so Akashi is #1.

#1 Akashi

#2 Nash (already explained above)

#3 Kise
Yes, he only maintained his form for a short while, but dang if he didn't turn the game around. for me that was the most touching moment of the whole series, up there with when murasakibara got hurt and kuroko got pissed (althou they messed it up cos kuroko barely did jack. i understand it, mind. Kuroko is quite out of his depth at this point in the series, but he has main protagonist hax.) Also, Kise with perfect copy and zone was pretty much unstoppable until he ran out of steam. However, nash wasn't at his full power at that time so its hard to say who is stronger, but i would still give it to nash as nash can maintain his power for a much longer time. But Kise definitely beats all the rest.

#4 Kagami

#5 Aomine

It pains me to put it this way as I am the biggest Aomine fan in the world, but i'm also a very logical guy and have to base it on the facts. It is a fact that kagami beat Aomine before when they were both at their max. And another big problem is that the author purposely drew kagami as the one that blocked silver, while aomine only stopped the other (kinda insignificant) player when both of them went into the zone together. While i wish Aomine could be higher, it is obvious to me that the author means to put kagami above aomine. my only consolation is that the difference between the two is so small its negligible. But if i had to be fair, and i am, Aomine is #5.

#6 Murasakibara

#7 Silver

Kagami and aomine are basically the same, and kagami stopped silver as did murasakibara the moment all 3 of them went into the zone. This means all of them are better than silver. i hate silver so much btw so this carries alot of personal bias. but facts show that they are superior to silver. before silver went dirty mode and injured murasakibara, he was completely destroying silver. kagami also stopped silver after going zone. I'm assuming aomine is also > silver since aomine and kagami are basically equal in the zone. also, although it is an assumption, i believe it is pretty much a given that zone aomine could stop silver just like zone kagami did, and the only reason kagami got the kill was because it makes more sense for aomine, a speed based player, to rotate onto the insignificant player faster, and kagami, a rim protector, would be the one to stay back and stop silver.
as for murasakibara at #6, it really is a complete deadlock between 5&6 and i would be fine with either. Kagami is #4 even thou 4-6 is insanely close as kagami did defeat both aomine and murasakibara while all 3 were in the zone (aomine when kagami used the support from his teammates to last longer, and murasakibara with meteor jam). And I find aomine more reliable than murasakibara. So aomine gets 5.

Also, fk silver.
kaiballzOct 31, 2016 10:09 AM
Jan 30, 2018 3:57 PM
Jan 2018
Why Akashi is better than Aomini with that Umini described as the hero of the generation of miracles

First: According to the overall statistics of the players, anime Korko no Basquet Akashi scored the highest rating with a total of 48 of 50, while Aomeini was 47 of 50

Second: Akashi plays basketball with very strong skills at the level of individual and collective play (attack, defense, game making). It is true that Umini skills are better and more rapid and overwhelming, but this is only individual play (attack, defense) Does not have team playing skills.

Third: Akashi is the leader and Umini follows his orders!

Fourth: Akashi was able to reach the final match three times in the middle and twice in the first secondary and achieved the title once and second place in the second time! While Aomini three times in junior high and once in high school and did not achieve the title in the end.

Fifth: On the level of individual playing skills Aomini beats Akashi, but! , Akashi can overtake Aomeini even at the individual level by entering the region and appointing the whole emperor, here Umini owns the region only

Sixth: Akashi is the only one in the generation of miracles who has two supernatural characteristics, unlike the rest of the individuals who possess only one property.

Seventh: On the one hand Akashi IQ was the level of intelligence 10/10, while Umini and Casey and Medorima 9/10 and Morasakipara 8/10.

Eighth: In the 75.5 episode of the Anime Generation of Miracles they challenged each other 3 against 3 (adding the sixth man's hero Coroko) and the players were switched each time, in the end as Aomini said: Well it seems that Akashi is the only one who has not lost !! , And Casey said to Akashi: You are always the hero, which means that the generation of miracles including Omini lost and this gives Akashi the advantage in winning (Akashi lost once in his life against Serene while Umini lost against Serene and in episode 75.5 !)

Ninth: Akashi, the only one who stood before the superpower Nash Gold to beat him by unifying the character at the end of the game. While Aomini was with Kagame to defeat Nash! .

Tenth: Aomeini vs. Kagame In the region Umini was a little stronger than Kagame in terms of techniques, but Akashi when he entered the area Kagame had no room to touch the ball even! , As a member of the Tuo team said: "When we were against Sirin, the two idols were close, but now Akashi is the dominant ... which gives Akashi a great advantage over Kagame, who is close to Omini.

Eleven: Akashi is the only generation of miracles that does not have a weak point!

Twelve: Akashi is better than Aomini in endurance, Akashi 9/10 while Aomini 8/10.
Jan 30, 2018 4:03 PM
Jan 2018
In my opinion

1 - Akashi Sejuro ( Compeleted Emperor Eyes + Zone + Teem Zone )

2 - Nash Gold Jr ( Demon Eyes + Physical ability )

3 - Kise Ryota ( Perfect Copy + Zone )

4 - Aomine Daiki ( Zone )

5 - Kagami Taiga ( Zone )

6 - Mursakibara ( Zone )

7 - Jason Silver Full Power Body

8 - Kuroko Tetseyu ( VinshingDrive & phantom Shot & Quasi-Emperor Eyes )

9 - Midorima Shintaro ( Sky Direct 3P Shot )
Jan 30, 2018 4:07 PM
May 2017
Ali_Hayki said:
Why Akashi is better than Aomini with that Umini described as the hero of the generation of miracles

First: According to the overall statistics of the players, anime Korko no Basquet Akashi scored the highest rating with a total of 48 of 50, while Aomeini was 47 of 50

Second: Akashi plays basketball with very strong skills at the level of individual and collective play (attack, defense, game making). It is true that Umini skills are better and more rapid and overwhelming, but this is only individual play (attack, defense) Does not have team playing skills.

Fourth: Akashi was able to reach the final match three times in the middle and twice in the first secondary and achieved the title once and second place in the second time! While Aomini three times in junior high and once in high school and did not achieve the title in the end.

Fifth: On the level of individual playing skills Aomini beats Akashi, but! , Akashi can overtake Aomeini even at the individual level by entering the region and appointing the whole emperor, here Umini owns the region only

Sixth: Akashi is the only one in the generation of miracles who has two supernatural characteristics, unlike the rest of the individuals who possess only one property.

Seventh: On the one hand Akashi IQ was the level of intelligence 10/10, while Umini and Casey and Medorima 9/10 and Morasakipara 8/10.

Eighth: In the 75.5 episode of the Anime Generation of Miracles they challenged each other 3 against 3 (adding the sixth man's hero Coroko) and the players were switched each time, in the end as Aomini said: Well it seems that Akashi is the only one who has not lost !! , And Casey said to Akashi: You are always the hero, which means that the generation of miracles including Omini lost and this gives Akashi the advantage in winning (Akashi lost once in his life against Serene while Umini lost against Serene and in episode 75.5 !)

Ninth: Akashi, the only one who stood before the superpower Nash Gold to beat him by unifying the character at the end of the game. While Aomini was with Kagame to defeat Nash! .

Tenth: Aomeini vs. Kagame In the region Umini was a little stronger than Kagame in terms of techniques, but Akashi when he entered the area Kagame had no room to touch the ball even! , As a member of the Tuo team said: "When we were against Sirin, the two idols were close, but now Akashi is the dominant ... which gives Akashi a great advantage over Kagame, who is close to Omini.

Eleven: Akashi is the only generation of miracles that does not have a weak point!

Twelve: Akashi is better than Aomini in endurance, Akashi 9/10 while Aomini 8/10.

From which planet are you getting those stats?
Jan 31, 2018 3:07 AM
Jan 2018
kaizakisenpai said:
Ali_Hayki said:

From which planet are you getting those stats?
check kuroko wikia
Oct 22, 2020 12:07 PM
Sep 2020
The person who ranked Nash over Akashi and Silver over Murasakibara is a complete idiot. If we're talking about pre Akashi and Murasakibara, Yes Nash and Silver were better at start but current Akashi and Murasakibara has surpaseed them both in the end. Nash couldn't score anymore when Akashi became one, Akashi is a more intelligent player and can use his eye better thus he can see farther into the future. Same with Silver, Silver even purposely injured Muraskibara just bc he couldn't believe someone is stronger and better than him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 5 Discussion

Tokoya - Aug 12, 2015

43 by a0i-kun »»
May 5, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 8 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Mar 2, 2016

46 by xKiYoMiNaTiONx »»
Aug 25, 2016 10:48 AM

» JUMP next cover of Vol 1 2016 pays homage to Kuroko no Basket WSJ first appearance from january 2009 plus combined covers of both extra game volume tankobon

johnknight648 - Jul 29, 2016

0 by johnknight648 »»
Jul 29, 2016 8:55 PM

» Midorima...

Oreo_Assassin - Sep 5, 2015

6 by Marsh90 »»
Apr 30, 2016 8:11 AM

» Kuroko's Basketball Anime Gets Film

deg - Sep 20, 2015

3 by K_Omsa »»
Mar 6, 2016 7:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.