Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 3, 2015 3:43 PM
May 2015
i have very to little time to watch anime, if any... i usually just read manga since it is faster to read. but thats the college life i guess... so i want to now if it is worth my time? Or should i just read it
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 3, 2015 4:19 PM
May 2015
So far....no.

Nov 3, 2015 4:22 PM

Nov 2012
No,it's mediocre at best.
Nov 3, 2015 7:59 PM

Jun 2013
if you dont have much time, just read the source. it applies for almost all adaptation anime
bad english incoming
sorry for that
Nov 3, 2015 8:10 PM

Dec 2013
No.
Nov 3, 2015 8:19 PM

Jun 2011
Since this seems like an appropriate place to ask, is this anime not worth the time because it's a bad adaptation, or is it because the original source is terrible?

I ask because I know this originates from Toaru's author, so I have sort of a high hope for it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 3, 2015 9:00 PM

May 2015
I would say it is not worth it.
Nov 3, 2015 10:23 PM

Jul 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Since this seems like an appropriate place to ask, is this anime not worth the time because it's a bad adaptation, or is it because the original source is terrible?

I ask because I know this originates from Toaru's author, so I have sort of a high hope for it.

A bit of both would be the most accurate answer. Though more needs to be said:

The first 8 episodes of the anime have been devoted to adapting the first light novel only. Problem is that the first light novel is arguably the worst one in the entire series. The plot is very basic and only serves to introduce proof of concept of two idiots going around blowing up these gigantic war machines using only their heads and wits. Its limited in terms of the depth of characters and antagonists and the enemy objects are actually the simplest ones in the entire series.

So needless to say, while novel readers are satisfied with the pace of the story, anime viewers are understandably starting to get impatient even though an entire novel hasn't been completely adapted yet.

Then there's the actual adaptation of it into an anime. JC Staff has been flat out busy last season with Shokugeki no Souma, Prison School and that other ecchi anime (I forget its name). So the animation and character designs for this show have come off kinda flat. The first novel was exposition-heavy; and whoever was in charge of the script didn't necessarily do a good job adapting it for the anime (although there will always be people who complain about exposition). HO is a fanservice-heavy series in the first place but the anime staff has for some reason decided to forcibly include even more fanservice into each episode (don't know why though...)

So the adaptation is less than ideal. At least the actual Objects look just fine.

There's also criticisms about 'so-called' plotholes in the story but a lot of it is ridiculous "none of this possible IRL" BS. There's always give and take with the science in a sci-fi mecha anime. Also, the novel addresses quite a lot of questions left unanswered in the anime (another possible weakness of the adaptation).

So will it get better after Episode 8 (Volume 1)?

Absolutely. Whether it be character development/exploration, less terrible villains, gray morality, epic boss Objects to destroy, lots of MacGuyver magic from Qwenthur, great comedy moments and fanservice for those who care.
Nov 4, 2015 2:58 AM
Dec 2010
OHandS said:
lots of MacGuyver magic from Qwenthur

That's the main problem really, the whole premise of the series is that these two boys are the only ones who know how to take down objects without an object. Apparently no one else could think of sabotage as a strategy. And Princess is a useless damsel that can't beat an enemy object one on one. Heavy Object is not a mecha series, it's essentially Metal Gear Solid: the anime for kids. And it's not something that to me translate well into the anime medium.
Nov 4, 2015 2:58 AM
Mar 2015
G_Spark233 said:
No.
Nov 4, 2015 3:47 AM

Jul 2013
scytheavatar said:

That's the main problem really, the whole premise of the series is that these two boys are the only ones who know how to take down objects without an object. Apparently no one else could think of sabotage as a strategy.

Not exactly. They are the first people to be successful in doing so. And you make it sound like sabotage is the only way to destroy an object. The first time they they destroyed an Object was a fluke. So many things could have gone wrong and they were incredibly lucky things worked out for the better. There's no way that sabotage is the go to answer for very and all Objects they come across from now on. Hell, just the second one they faced had no sabotage but involved them exploiting the special characteristics of the Object in question. They will NOT regularly be in a position to sabotage the enemy Object. Might as well treat it as a one off.

And Princess is a useless damsel that can't beat an enemy object one on one.

Because the Objects in question are straight up more advanced and superior to hers as well as being perfectly suited to the environment they are in by design. Baby Magnum IS the inferior one so she will always be the underdog. That doesn't mean she's a damsel in distress needing to be rescued; she IS part of the team and is receiving support from her comrades. The only time she was truly a damsel in distress was in the second episode and even that was because she was acting as a decoy; and it was a one-off scenario.

Heavy Object is not a mecha series, it's essentially Metal Gear Solid: the anime for kids.

It IS a mecha series. Unconventional for sure in that the pilot isn't the MC but without a doubt a mecha series. Though comparisons to Metal Gear Solid are fair.

And it's not something that to me translate well into the anime medium.

Perhaps. It isn't the most ideal adaptation but I hope that over the course of its 24 ep run, it'll improve further.
Nov 4, 2015 4:02 AM

May 2012
There are better airing anime, and better to pick another one instead if you watch only few anime

ANy of these are better

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
Young Black Jack (no need to watch any of the other black jack series)
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
One punch man (if you don't mind watching comedy)
Nov 4, 2015 1:01 PM

Jun 2011
OHandS said:
Perhaps. It isn't the most ideal adaptation but I hope that over the course of its 24 ep run, it'll improve further.
Whew I just realized that this is gonna have 24 episodes. Gave me a relief because based on what you said before this series will only adapt 1 volume in ~ 8 episodes, which is a fine pace imo (I loved Rokka's pace, at least the second half), but only if it's more than 1 cour.

OHandS said:
A bit of both would be the most accurate answer. Though more needs to be said:

The first 8 episodes of the anime have been devoted to adapting the first light novel only. Problem is that the first light novel is arguably the worst one in the entire series. The plot is very basic and only serves to introduce proof of concept of two idiots going around blowing up these gigantic war machines using only their heads and wits. Its limited in terms of the depth of characters and antagonists and the enemy objects are actually the simplest ones in the entire series.

So needless to say, while novel readers are satisfied with the pace of the story, anime viewers are understandably starting to get impatient even though an entire novel hasn't been completely adapted yet.

Then there's the actual adaptation of it into an anime. JC Staff has been flat out busy last season with Shokugeki no Souma, Prison School and that other ecchi anime (I forget its name). So the animation and character designs for this show have come off kinda flat. The first novel was exposition-heavy; and whoever was in charge of the script didn't necessarily do a good job adapting it for the anime (although there will always be people who complain about exposition). HO is a fanservice-heavy series in the first place but the anime staff has for some reason decided to forcibly include even more fanservice into each episode (don't know why though...)

So the adaptation is less than ideal. At least the actual Objects look just fine.

There's also criticisms about 'so-called' plotholes in the story but a lot of it is ridiculous "none of this possible IRL" BS. There's always give and take with the science in a sci-fi mecha anime. Also, the novel addresses quite a lot of questions left unanswered in the anime (another possible weakness of the adaptation).

So will it get better after Episode 8 (Volume 1)?

Absolutely. Whether it be character development/exploration, less terrible villains, gray morality, epic boss Objects to destroy, lots of MacGuyver magic from Qwenthur, great comedy moments and fanservice for those who care.
First off, I wanna thank you for the in-depth reply, I understand a lot about the criticisms after reading your post.

I usually don't mind slower paced story, nor do I mind average animation, so these elements wouldn't affect me as much. The exposition though, depends on how it transitioned to anime format, it could come off as overwhelming or just plain boring, though I also don't mind straight forward exposition like what was done in Rokka's first episode, as long as it doesn't take the whole episode, or do it in every other episodes.

In my opinion, a slower pace would build a better / more stable foundation for a series in the long run, so this is imo a great decision if the publisher / studio decides to animate more of this series. Now I look forward to seeing those post volume 1 content animated. Of course, more comedy is great, I love them as long as they are not intrusive.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 4, 2015 3:26 PM

Mar 2008
I had zero expectations when I began watching this anime, and I don't have high standards.

No, it's not worth.
Nov 4, 2015 11:18 PM

May 2015
It’s average at its best.
Yes, it is fun every now and then, and that’s mainly because of the MCs constant bickering and attitude towards each situation they are in. So far, the plot is structured in short arcs that deal with different types of Objects; a “monster of the week” type of plot. There is little to none strategy involved in the way Objects are taken down by the MC, which is kinda disappointing. Also, there is a bit fanservice here and there almost in every episode, which comes as misplaced and unnecessary.

Unless you’re a die-hard fan of Kazuma’s works, I would recommend you to spend you time in something else, something shorter.

By the way, this is a given, but the best way for you to find out if this series is for you, or not, it’s by watching at least 5 episodes. After that, you should get a basic idea of what you’re getting into. 24 episodes is a lot to sit through, especially when you have little to no time to waste at all.

Excluding Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai from that list (poorly done adaptation; rushed as hell), most of those are pretty good options of new series (no sequels) to choose from that you could watch instead.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Nov 4, 2015 11:44 PM

Mar 2009
I like Frolaytia a lot and her banter with the two main characters can be funny at times, but overall, I'd say it's not worth it. Heavy Object reminds me of last season's Classroom Crisis in that it's very wordy and too technical, which makes for a dull show.
Nov 5, 2015 8:21 PM

Aug 2012
Personally, I would say yes, it is worth it. The story intrigued me enough that I went and read the LN, and its about to really hit its stride, both in characters and action. It isn't all deus ex machina MCs win. Well... yeah, they win, but more often then not its luck. They always complain that they have to fight these things that literally, they don't die because they are overlooked as threats. They. Don't. Matter. That's the thought at least, they don't have super MC powers(in fact, at least in the novels they complain about people thinking they do quite often). Often they only survive/win cause the Princess is there to back them up and be the muscle behind their brains. And something that will be pointed out in the next arc, is that people over the world have seen them succeed, think they can replicate it, and then die. They are blamed for the modern "Clean" wars becoming bloody again. Hope that doesn't count as a spoiler, its just some back ground info.
Nov 6, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
For what it has going for it, I say give it a shot. It's better than I expected coming from JC Staff and the characters are particularly likeable.

Honestly, this show is a great breather from all the formulaic harem LN series coming out nowadays. Instead of your run-of-the-mill Issei/Ikki/Basara chasing or being chased by a demonic/magical/mecha-piloting "fuck me" female cast, you have a military team battling it out against these giant Objects. None of the characters in this group feel useless and their teamwork is great, especially with how they utilize their assets at hand (Qwenthur's Brains, Havia's bombs, Baby Magnum's Huge-ass Guns etc.) The fanservice is bearable and is something that can be ignored.

Don't mind the absolute bullshit 6.7 score. Honestly, out of all the other similar shows airing this season, this one, personally, is the best one. (Or, at least, the most bearable, and at least it's entertaining)

And have you heard the OP song? That alone is a huge plus for this series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2015 12:02 PM

Feb 2010
Honestly, no.
Nov 6, 2015 1:08 PM
Dec 2011
The characters are terrible and obnoxious and that alone kills it. The comedy is incredibly unfunny and much of the show has actually been focused on the bad attempts at humor and fanservice. The actual premise could make for a good show and I don't know if it's like this because it's a poor adaptation, but the end result is not an entertaining show.
Nov 6, 2015 1:39 PM

Apr 2014
90s buddy cop action, if you like that kind of camp humor, I would sort of recommend it, but JC's adaptation so far had been very poor (lost of exposition, more stuffed Fanservice and they cut down the humor). A lot of people complain about plot armor or plot holes, half of those are explained in the cut exposition, the other half is fixed by later novels (which the adaptation would never reach). People ask why only Quenser and Helvia are infiltrating, I point to the Unicorn squad and intelligence force that goes with them, people complain other side don't have such a infiltrating force, I point to the Valkarie divine retribution squad, people complain that clean war isn't a thing, I point to the northern anti-hunt district. Overall the so called "plotholes" people scream about are not plotholes (there are plotholes, but people don't notice the actual ones so what's the point), but JC would never adapt these so it is much better to read the novels (faster as well, JC stretch it way too long).
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Nov 13, 2015 6:06 PM

Mar 2013
Not bad, nor good. Just normal.
Nov 14, 2015 9:26 AM

Aug 2013
Definitely watch it if you have room in your schedule to watch a lot of shows, but if you have limited time to watch anime, there are definitely other, better shows to invest your time in.
Nov 14, 2015 3:02 PM

Mar 2014
I was planning on finishing this, it's JUST interesting enough to keep watching, but for some reason I thought it was going to be 1 cour, today looking at my list I found out it's 2 cour, now I'm not so sure. Hope it'll get better in the next couple of episodes
Nov 15, 2015 12:46 AM
Apr 2012
Didn't understand why people don't like this.

Just patiently watch it, It's worth to watch this serie.
Nov 15, 2015 5:39 AM
Sep 2015
If you watch the anime then read the novel, you'll think for second time whether it's good or not
Nov 15, 2015 5:51 AM
Apr 2015
Got a feeling it will be a little bit of a slow burner and towards the second cour it will reach its peak!
Nov 16, 2015 7:31 AM

Sep 2009
sure To Aru was the same. it didn't really become the fan favourite series until the sister arc and that was the 3rd volume of the novel. before that they had the set-up first novel and the nearly complete unnecessary True Blood arc (I mean except for the heroin in that novel coming in later novel what was the point?)
Nov 16, 2015 8:09 PM
Dec 2013
komic said:
sure To Aru was the same. it didn't really become the fan favourite series until the sister arc and that was the 3rd volume of the novel. before that they had the set-up first novel and the nearly complete unnecessary [Deep] Blood arc (I mean except for the heroin in that novel coming in later novel what was the point?)

Kazuma is an interesting author, as he's always playing the long game with his bigger stories. Sometimes, the little things like the Deep Blood arc and Angel Fall arc from Index, while from an Anime-Only perspective seem small, in the greater scheme of things, they were foreshadowing future events to come. And I see that HO will have the same thing going for it, most likely. Quite a few of my friends were turned off from HO when they found out the author is shared with the ToAru series due to a fear that the anime wouldn't have the payoff from the early arcs like the novels would.

So my answer is "Yes, but only if you are prepared to potentially read the novels afterwards to find out how the story continues"

EDIT:

Additional note about Deep Blood arc and novel 2 - it was written in 17 days after he initially expected Index to be a one novel story.
compscialienNov 16, 2015 8:17 PM
Nov 16, 2015 10:09 PM

Nov 2015
It is worth watching. It's a good fun all around. Dont listen to haters and naysayers who are either sour that "dis iz not Goondamn" or they are just jelly that these guys can nuke huge war machines on foot without the need of another huge war machine. Just like Snake used to do all the time in MGS. Who needs mechs when you have C4, mines, grenades, rocket launchers, but most of all brain.
Dec 5, 2015 2:31 PM

Nov 2013
thepath said:
There are better airing anime, and better to pick another one instead if you watch only few anime

ANy of these are better

Subete ga F ni Naru: The Perfect Insider
Young Black Jack (no need to watch any of the other black jack series)
Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa Shitai ga Umatteiru
One punch man (if you don't mind watching comedy)

Heavy Object is worth it, if you like the genre. Perfect Insider and Sakurako-san are pretty boring and not worth the time. There are better mysteries out there.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 7, 2015 7:47 AM

May 2012
zero-r said:
It’s average at its best.
Yes, it is fun every now and then, and that’s mainly because of the MCs constant bickering and attitude towards each situation they are in. So far, the plot is structured in short arcs that deal with different types of Objects; a “monster of the week” type of plot. There is little to none strategy involved in the way Objects are taken down by the MC, which is kinda disappointing. Also, there is a bit fanservice here and there almost in every episode, which comes as misplaced and unnecessary.

Unless you’re a die-hard fan of Kazuma’s works, I would recommend you to spend you time in something else, something shorter.

By the way, this is a given, but the best way for you to find out if this series is for you, or not, it’s by watching at least 5 episodes. After that, you should get a basic idea of what you’re getting into. 24 episodes is a lot to sit through, especially when you have little to no time to waste at all.

Excluding Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai from that list (poorly done adaptation; rushed as hell), most of those are pretty good options of new series (no sequels) to choose from that you could watch instead.

Taimadou Gakuen did not feel rushed to me. Maybe because I'm an anime only watcher.

Even if it is rushed and poorly adapted, it still more entertaining and better than many other shows. Characters, action etc keeps me entertained

Heavy Object is so boring. Boring character, boring action and story. It is probably the most boring show out of the shows I'm watching. The cute blond girl is the only reason I did not drop this show yet.
Dec 9, 2015 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
If your gonna watch this show weekly I say it's worth it. But if you plan on watching it all at once it might not enjoy it as much.
Dec 9, 2015 3:02 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
So far... no. The plot is horrendously written, the characters are pretty annoying and the anime original fanservice is unbelievably out of place. But at least the action is kind of unorthodox so if you turn your brain off it might be considered amusing... at least a little bit
Dec 9, 2015 9:51 PM

Jun 2012
HaXXspetten said:
So far... no. The plot is horrendously written, the characters are pretty annoying and the anime original fanservice is unbelievably out of place. But at least the action is kind of unorthodox so if you turn your brain off it might be considered amusing... at least a little bit

Agree with this post.
The main two guy characters are especially cringey and annoying.

Cant believe JC Staff is adapting this crap and not Index. Fucking scum.
Dec 9, 2015 10:01 PM
Aug 2012
Shuhan said:

Agree with this post.

Typical index-fags whining as usual. HO is not really for everyone and it can be a hit or miss with people but it's not crap just because you people don't like it or have different taste. Come up with a not-so-subjective and biased reason about whether the anime is worth it or not.......or go cry a river over index somewhere else.

Dec 10, 2015 5:05 PM

Jun 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Shuhan said:

Agree with this post.

Typical index-fags whining as usual. HO is not really for everyone and it can be a hit or miss with people but it's not crap just because you people don't like it or have different taste. Come up with a not-so-subjective and biased reason about whether the anime is worth it or not.......or go cry a river over index somewhere else.

I gave a reason, all the characters are shit and the plot on top of it is dumb and incoherent.

Typical Heavy Object fans with their shit taste.
Dec 11, 2015 1:48 AM
Aug 2012
Shuhan said:

I gave a reason, all the characters are shit and the plot on top of it is dumb and incoherent.

Typical Heavy Object fans with their shit taste.

> Typical subjective reasons without any actual arguments (that's not an actual reason kid just some shitty excuse to hate)
> Says other people having shit taste (i never called your taste shit)

Yeah right...try harder to troll or stop whining and get lost. Unless you have actual arguments that doesn't amount to "Muh opinion lol" or "Shit Taste" don't even bother smart guy. Don't like the show, don't watch it. It's a simple as that........

Btw i like index too (on hold at the moment) so does that mean Index is shit as well......must be according your biased opinions.

Dec 11, 2015 8:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
^ Guys, you know everything is subjective right? Calling something "not an actual argument" because it's subjective is just dumb

Though that aside, Index has nothing to do with this. You could have said that for literally any season in the last few years in that case
Dec 11, 2015 8:53 AM
Aug 2012
HaXXspetten said:
^ Guys, you know everything is subjective right? Calling something "not an actual argument" because it's subjective is just dumb

Though that aside, Index has nothing to do with this. You could have said that for literally any season in the last few years in that case

Sorry i am not the one who said it's not good because i hate it or tried to pass of dumb opinion as reasons or called on someone having shit taste. The way i see it, index fans are salty over not getting a season 3 and will throw some BS reason to hate HO at every opportunity they get. They really should keep their salt to themselves and focus on NT's latest volume if they have so much time for shitposting.

OHandS gave a pretty good answer for the actual topic. The rest are mostly "This is bad because i don't like it/find it boring" or whatever shitty excuse that is normally used to hate a show and completely irrelevant to the topic itself. Your and Shuhan's post actually fall in this category. Because the same excuses can be used to hate any show with "It's bad cuz muh opinion lol".......

Dec 11, 2015 10:31 PM

Jun 2015
I don't know why the Index fans are angry. This is practically the same show with different weapons.

-MC (Blonde guy whose name no translator can agree on) is constantly thrown in unfortunate situations.
-MC has "no power". An ordinary high school boy (except he's a student in the military in this case.)
-MC constantly being shonen heroish, defending helpless girls from powerful enemies.
-MC constantly fighting with enemies that he has an extremely low chance of defeating, yet somehow winning anyway.
-Ever growing list of girls added to the harem every arc or so, all falling for the MC, and with lots of fanservice.
-Harem girls getting jealous of each other and putting MC in danger.
-MC regularly doing perverted stuff to harem girls, usually by accident.

Frankly the list of similarities just goes on and on. There's even a spinoff volume focusing on a heroine instead of the male MC.

Not that it's a bad thing. The author has clearly found a formula for writing shonen stories that works, and I'm enjoying every moment of it.
Dec 12, 2015 1:05 AM
Apr 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
HaXXspetten said:

Sorry i am not the one who said it's not good because i hate it or tried to pass of dumb opinion as reasons or called on someone having shit taste. The way i see it, index fans are salty over not getting a season 3 and will throw some BS reason to hate HO at every opportunity they get. They really should keep their salt to themselves and focus on NT's latest volume if they have so much time for shitposting.

OHandS gave a pretty good answer for the actual topic. The rest are mostly "This is bad because i don't like it/find it boring" or whatever shitty excuse that is normally used to hate a show and completely irrelevant to the topic itself. Your and Shuhan's post actually fall in this category. Because the same excuses can be used to hate any show with "It's bad cuz muh opinion lol".......

It's kind of funny how both of you are calling each other out for the same reason, each of you thinking the other is wrong while claiming it's subjective... Hypocrite much?

If you want to hear a real reason why this anime is "bad/sucks" instead of typing a 10 page review i'll just use the video's that Digibro and DraconisMarchVII made to bash on SAO. I'm pretty 40-50% of those video's have relatable content, especially when it comes to characters and devellopment. have fun watching :P
Dec 12, 2015 1:28 AM
Aug 2012
frenze12 said:
It's kind of funny how both of you are calling each other out for the same reason, each of you thinking the other is wrong while claiming it's subjective... Hypocrite much?

I don't see HO fans bashing on Index though but i have seen the opposite case several times which follow the same pattern "This shit got a adaptation instead of Index S3....[insert random insults and buzzwords]". Neither did i call i call index bad or not called someone's taste shit.

This thread has already got it's necessary answer like i mentioned in my previous post, now it's become a place for off-topic shitposts. Especially when someone thinks that "I hate show X lol" is some kind of actual reason, it's not hard to call on their BS. People can state their opinion/like/dislike, they problem is when they try to act like those opinions of some kind of universal fact..

frenze12 said:

If you want to hear a real reason why this anime is "bad/sucks" instead of typing a 10 page review i'll just use the video's that Digibro and DraconisMarchVII made to bash on SAO. I'm pretty 40-50% of those video's have relatable content, especially when it comes to characters and devellopment. have fun watching :P

Sorry not going to bother with cancerous like-catering subjective reviews that will pander to either haters or fans. Have fun wasting your own time with those. There is no real reason, it depends on someone taste and preference. But hey some people have some much free time to waste on whining and shitposting........
Dragon_Slayer_XDec 12, 2015 1:34 AM

Dec 12, 2015 2:53 AM
Apr 2015
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

frenze12 said:

Sorry not going to bother with cancerous like-catering subjective reviews that will pander to either haters or fans. Have fun wasting your own time with those. There is no real reason, it depends on someone taste and preference. But hey some people have some much free time to waste on whining and shitposting........

The beautifull thing here is that despite those 2 being incredible biased, they actually tell alot of facts and truths about it. Choosing to ignore those points makes you biased as well.

Enjoyment does not equal quality afterall. But sadly enough alot of people can't handle critism when someone points out some "holes" in their favourite anime. So like you said instead of risking of getting burned by the biased fandom they just decided it ain't worth it. And that's why alot of show tend to have high scores, heck even some really trashy animes this season got a solid near 8/10...
frenze12Dec 12, 2015 3:37 AM
Dec 12, 2015 3:43 AM
Aug 2012
frenze12 said:

The beautifull thing here is that despite those 2 being incredible biased, they actually tell alot of facts and truths about it. Choosing to ignore those points makes you biased as well.

The ironic thing here is that those only seem like facts and truth to you because it clicks with your mindset and preferences. Can you really prove me wrong if i go around and name 2 random reviewers saying that their reviews are objectively correct? Not really......

Look buddy, we are all biased and hypocrite to a fault......but i am not the one out shitposting and trolling.

frenze12 said:

Enjoyment does not equal quality afterall. But sadly enough alot of people can't handle critism when someone points out some "holes" in their favourite anime.

Sorry even after all these years watching anime, i prefer enjoyments and don't want to become an self-proclaimed wannabe elitist preaching about quality and whining about shows i don't like because of my subjective opinions.

Btw "I found the show boring" or "I don't like the characters" or "The anime is shit" isn't any criticism but just subjective opinions and shitty excuses used to just annoy the fans.

frenze12 said:

So like you said instead of risking of getting burned by the biased fandom they just decided it ain't worth it. And that's why alot of show tend to high scores, heck even some really trashy animes this season got a solid near 8/10...

So they know they are just annoying the fans with their biased reasoning and don't have any actual arguments so they ran away.........okay got it. Btw being highly biased by calling some anime that you didn't like "trashy" really helped with your point.

I am tired of feeding a troll........have fun somewhere else.

Dec 18, 2015 8:48 PM
May 2015
frenze12 said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Digibro is one of the worst anime reviewers I have ever seen. The guy is fucking biased as fuck. "This anime is shit because it's popular or yadada". Like honestly, his reviews makes IGN reviews looks like a masterpiece. I just watched "Glass Reviewer's" (or whatever his name is) SAO II review and I liked his review way more than Digibro. He brought up negative points of the show without bashing on the show and he didn't ignore the good points of the show. That's what I want to see. I don't want to see some 50 year old guy act like a whiny 10 year old kid who didn't get what he wanted on Christmas just because he hates the show.

Dec 19, 2015 1:23 AM

Aug 2014
To tell you the truth.

Don't listen to anyone who bashes or heavily criticize this anime. Honestly this anime has a lot of good and bad scenes. So, basically you will be on a rollercoaster lol. And that is all..

Try a few of these episodes on your spare time, you will be the judge to continue watching it or not. But, if you decide to not watch it; don't become a basher/negative person who wants to spread his anger/pain of his sucky life to others on the web :)

My Opinion: This show entertains me and cracks me up at some points so far
Dec 19, 2015 10:55 AM

Apr 2014
I don't understand the hate. I think it's a great show with fun characters and fairly exciting situations. It gets better as it goes on too.
Dec 21, 2015 7:36 AM

Sep 2013
It has a little girl and moe in it so no.
Dec 24, 2015 3:39 PM

Jan 2014
ElectricRed said:
To tell you the truth.

Don't listen to anyone who bashes or heavily criticize this anime. Honestly this anime has a lot of good and bad scenes. So, basically you will be on a rollercoaster lol. And that is all..

Try a few of these episodes on your spare time, you will be the judge to continue watching it or not. But, if you decide to not watch it; don't become a basher/negative person who wants to spread his anger/pain of his sucky life to others on the web :)

My Opinion: This show entertains me and cracks me up at some points so far

This.

The show is pretty bad, there's no denying that, but I found it has become the anime this season I most look forward to each week, and that tells you something.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2016

125 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:27 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2016

61 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 7, 2023 8:30 AM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

48 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:52 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

65 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Poll: » Heavy Object Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2016

56 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 4, 2023 12:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.