Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2015 10:21 AM
Aug 2013
Yea, I think Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, and Gakuen 35 Shoutai, they are similar, but still, OP and ED of Gakusen much better than the other . . .
~ この 素晴らしい イマダ の 世界 に 神様 の 祝福 を !!! ~
~ Kono Subarashii Imad no Sekai ni Kamisama no Shukufuku wo !!! ~
~ God's Blessing on This Wonderful Imad's World !!! ~
Oct 28, 2015 3:55 AM
Feb 2015
Ex-Machina said:
I can tell the story even without watching : a special school+ bunch of girls sticking to the protagonist then something evil will happen.THE END

Rakudai doesn't have bunch of girls surrounding the protagonist. And both series don't have something evil happening. It's main tournament based. =__=
Oct 28, 2015 2:39 PM

Feb 2014
Azai-kun said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Well said.

There one thing i disagree though......... Asterisk isn't lacking in character development. Julis, Ayato and Claudia all get good development as the series progresses.

Characterization yeah, but I'll rephrase it as in the romance aspect which currently Julis is the highest developed. Maybe it's just personal but I want more (with Julis possibly). XD

Rocksterrock said:
Ugh it pisses me off when everytime you compare anime such as these together, some fanboy comes around telling you "Oh it's different from all the ecchi harems, It's actually good" with both of the shows when in reality they are literally all the same cookie cutter bullshit with minor changes here and there.
Like people can say that there are differences between them but as a whole they pretty much follow the same generic formula. And to all those people that say "oh they eventually become different" I've been watching both, up to the current ep 4 and yeah theres different characters and slightly different setting of course but like they are actually the fucking same when it comes down to how the story flows and how generic all the characters are. Legit. They are the fucking same shit.

I never did mentioned that it wasn’t cliché and generic or different from others. I merely stated the difference of strength between Asterisk & Rakudai. It’s strange really. You picky fans attempts to watch an anime you deemed similar to other generic ecchi harem shows only to showcase your hatred towards them in a discussion forum where people who loves it actually trying to discuss these shows. To deliberately enrage the fans maybe? If you simply hate, just keep it to yourself. Or is that too difficult for you people? I’d advise you to not watch anymore of these shows if you simply can’t stand them in the first place. And again I repeat my other statement from a different post, your opinions are merely subjective. :)

@Dragon_slayer

Ignore him, I don't think he even read or understand my previous statement. *sigh*

lmao cute. First of all was I directing this at you? No more like I was giving my opinion on how I feel about these shows based on the topic of this forum, I didn't read any of your previous comments on here (nor do i care to).

You think I'm a blind hater that goes around shit posting on every forum right? Wrong. Actually I have sat through dozens upon dozens of shows like these, following along with the fanboys of shows such as these with them saying it's good (pre much why im watching these two shows) but in the end, they all turn out to be the same or following the same uncreative formula and its just getting tiring.

I wouldn't say I'm picky, I'm just the kind of guy that doesn't wanna see the same shows every season is all ;) heck I'd say fucking boku no pico is more creative than these two shows since it doesn't follow the typical fantasy school ecchi route. What I will say with both shows, the animations are really good which makes the action pretty entertaining sometimes, I don't hate the shows (either-wise i wouldn't even be able to sit through them) but by no means do I find them good and I believe that anime like these needs more originality and less generic & cliched tropes. That is merely my reasoning as to why I made the comment that I did and if you don't agree then that's fine.

Now about the differences between these two shows, they are there but really, people are making forums about how similar these two shows are like I don't think I have ever seen so many similarities between shows before, right off the bat there isn't much convincing you can do there whether or not some things change later on in the story. Though I will admit right now Rakudai did surprise me with main couple being established already, its just that pretty much everything else about it follows too much of a formulaic route for me to really care.

I'm not the type to call out people that like these types of shows and I don't care if you do, however, don't go shitting on some random dude's opinion about something just because it's different so you go ahead and keep crying about it :)
BurtCadOct 28, 2015 2:44 PM
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 28, 2015 7:31 PM
May 2015
Rocksterrock said:
Azai-kun said:

Characterization yeah, but I'll rephrase it as in the romance aspect which currently Julis is the highest developed. Maybe it's just personal but I want more (with Julis possibly). XD

I never did mentioned that it wasn’t cliché and generic or different from others. I merely stated the difference of strength between Asterisk & Rakudai. It’s strange really. You picky fans attempts to watch an anime you deemed similar to other generic ecchi harem shows only to showcase your hatred towards them in a discussion forum where people who loves it actually trying to discuss these shows. To deliberately enrage the fans maybe? If you simply hate, just keep it to yourself. Or is that too difficult for you people? I’d advise you to not watch anymore of these shows if you simply can’t stand them in the first place. And again I repeat my other statement from a different post, your opinions are merely subjective. :)

@Dragon_slayer

Ignore him, I don't think he even read or understand my previous statement. *sigh*

lmao cute. First of all was I directing this at you? No more like I was giving my opinion on how I feel about these shows based on the topic of this forum, I didn't read any of your previous comments on here (nor do i care to).

You think I'm a blind hater that goes around shit posting on every forum right? Wrong. Actually I have sat through dozens upon dozens of shows like these, following along with the fanboys of shows such as these with them saying it's good (pre much why im watching these two shows) but in the end, they all turn out to be the same or following the same uncreative formula and its just getting tiring.

I wouldn't say I'm picky, I'm just the kind of guy that doesn't wanna see the same shows every season is all ;) heck I'd say fucking boku no pico is more creative than these two shows since it doesn't follow the typical fantasy school ecchi route. What I will say with both shows, the animations are really good which makes the action pretty entertaining sometimes, I don't hate the shows (either-wise i wouldn't even be able to sit through them) but by no means do I find them good and I believe that anime like these needs more originality and less generic & cliched tropes. That is merely my reasoning as to why I made the comment that I did and if you don't agree then that's fine.

Now about the differences between these two shows, they are there but really, people are making forums about how similar these two shows are like I don't think I have ever seen so many similarities between shows before, right off the bat there isn't much convincing you can do there whether or not some things change later on in the story. Though I will admit right now Rakudai did surprise me with main couple being established already, its just that pretty much everything else about it follows too much of a formulaic route for me to really care.

I'm not the type to call out people that like these types of shows and I don't care if you do, however, don't go shitting on some random dude's opinion about something just because it's different so you go ahead and keep crying about it :)

I don't mean to sound like am an butt but maybe you should watch anime from the 90s or 80s it seem to me your uh what the a hard to please kind guy more than likely 90% of anime today will be recycled so maybe some good old faction anime will do ya some good.
Oct 28, 2015 9:33 PM

Feb 2014
taylor_micahl said:

I don't mean to sound like am an butt but maybe you should watch anime from the 90s or 80s it seem to me your uh what the a hard to please kind guy more than likely 90% of anime today will be recycled so maybe some good old faction anime will do ya some good.

Obviously you didn't read what I wrote and merely skimmed through to the parts where it sounds like I'm hating ;) for the record I bring up the fact that I find the shows entertaining however was only saying that the shows are extremely similar and follow a bland formula in terms of plot and characters, I was merely giving my input on the topic of this forum but fanboys will be blind to everything. You are literally not allowed to give your opinion on this website.
BurtCadOct 28, 2015 9:42 PM
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Oct 29, 2015 2:30 AM

Mar 2013
Rocksterrock said:

Hahaha. My bad but if you didn't care to read, then you're just gonna continue on being misunderstood from the actual topic of this shitty thread and my second point is already enough to describe how you unreasonably think so it doesn't matter as you were able to become an example. Since I’ve been seeing shitposting in every MAL forum I go, thought I might give a word or two that might make them think twice before shitposting every time again in discussion forums.

Rocksterrock said:

Lol, there’s no difference. Whether it’s your own subjective opinion or not, it’s the same thing if you still watch something you already know won’t go according to your own tastes and expectations and blatantly shitposting & not actually give comments (analytically of course) on the specific aspects on the anime itself in a thread when you are aware that it leads to at least some of the fans starting an argument (like currently).

Regarding the so-called generic, uncreative and cliché shows, I’m not gonna deny that as even most fans and even I agree that there are too many of those however, it is not to say that these shows don’t actually deliver or at least entertain the audience. There are a major amount of manga readers, anime fans and especially LN readers that really like these types of shows maybe due to its romance aspect, or action aspect or simply every aspect. Generic? Cliché? So what, it has a different written plot with developments and can still be entertaining. Denying every single shows you deem uncreative & unentertaining by your own opinion & standards is no question that you’re picky, don’t be denial on that. :) It’s fine if you watch something you still think needs improvement. But it’s the shitposting that I can’t tolerate.

Rocksterrock said:

I’m not gonna repeat myself on this subject. I already mentioned the aspects that are at least different between Rakudai and Asterisk and how they are at least on a different level compared to something like Absolute Duo and Blade Dance, so try to at least comprehend what I’m trying to deliver in my previous posts. You claim you’re not the type to provoke people, but it’s clearly evident that you’re trying to reel up the tension by stating something that we, the ones that actually know how good they actually are despite clichés are simply in the wrong. We readers can say that these shows are different and better because of a reason and we at the very least are able to back our claim with the fact that we actually already read the Light Novels. And you? Oh right, you merely accuse us of fanboys just because we like something. Heck you even said you were pissed off because of us so called fanboys try to give our own opinions to non-readers. Aren’t you contradicting yourself there my friend? XD

There are a major amount of readers that actually love these shows and we know how they can entertain and our motivation in these forums are to at least ensure non-readers to at the very least try before you attempt to criticize, even provoking unreasonably without even actually completing the entire thing. (and I mean until the novel itself are done.) If you just simply don’t like these cliché, formulaic shows then like I said before, you are welcome to not watch and not spout any non-factual criticism again in the forums. Unless of course, you simply want to bicker without reason. (^3^)

Still want to continue the argument? Sure but at this point, I've made my point to you that I merely want to give reassurance to people who are actually worried that these shows may not be entertaining to them. If you still think that I'm a guy who is trying to justify something that you dislike by your standards and still want to retort something, then you are merely feeling persistent in forcing your opinions to others. Tbh, I feel a bit relieved that you're still watching them. Means that you at least have a chance to maybe say that it's at least a bit better than other similar cliche shows. If you're still aren't entertained by the time you finished it, then I guess it doesn't suit to your liking. That's all. :)
Azai-kunOct 29, 2015 7:32 AM
Oct 29, 2015 1:01 PM

Feb 2014
Azai-kun said:
Rocksterrock said:

Hahaha. My bad but if you didn't care to read, then you're just gonna continue on being misunderstood from the actual topic of this shitty thread and my second point is already enough to describe how you unreasonably think so it doesn't matter as you were able to become an example. Since I’ve been seeing shitposting in every MAL forum I go, thought I might give a word or two that might make them think twice before shitposting every time again in discussion forums.

Rocksterrock said:

Lol, there’s no difference. Whether it’s your own subjective opinion or not, it’s the same thing if you still watch something you already know won’t go according to your own tastes and expectations and blatantly shitposting & not actually give comments (analytically of course) on the specific aspects on the anime itself in a thread when you are aware that it leads to at least some of the fans starting an argument (like currently).

Regarding the so-called generic, uncreative and cliché shows, I’m not gonna deny that as even most fans and even I agree that there are too many of those however, it is not to say that these shows don’t actually deliver or at least entertain the audience. There are a major amount of manga readers, anime fans and especially LN readers that really like these types of shows maybe due to its romance aspect, or action aspect or simply every aspect. Generic? Cliché? So what, it has a different written plot with developments and can still be entertaining. Denying every single shows you deem uncreative & unentertaining by your own opinion & standards is no question that you’re picky, don’t be denial on that. :) It’s fine if you watch something you still think needs improvement. But it’s the shitposting that I can’t tolerate.

Rocksterrock said:

I’m not gonna repeat myself on this subject. I already mentioned the aspects that are at least different between Rakudai and Asterisk and how they are at least on a different level compared to something like Absolute Duo and Blade Dance, so try to at least comprehend what I’m trying to deliver in my previous posts. You claim you’re not the type to provoke people, but it’s clearly evident that you’re trying to reel up the tension by stating something that we, the ones that actually know how good they actually are despite clichés are simply in the wrong. We readers can say that these shows are different and better because of a reason and we at the very least are able to back our claim with the fact that we actually already read the Light Novels. And you? Oh right, you merely accuse us of fanboys just because we like something. Heck you even said you were pissed off because of us so called fanboys try to give our own opinions to non-readers. Aren’t you contradicting yourself there my friend? XD

There are a major amount of readers that actually love these shows and we know how they can entertain and our motivation in these forums are to at least ensure non-readers to at the very least try before you attempt to criticize, even provoking unreasonably without even actually completing the entire thing. (and I mean until the novel itself are done.) If you just simply don’t like these cliché, formulaic shows then like I said before, you are welcome to not watch and not spout any non-factual criticism again in the forums. Unless of course, you simply want to bicker without reason. (^3^)

Still want to continue the argument? Sure but at this point, I've made my point to you that I merely want to give reassurance to people who are actually worried that these shows may not be entertaining to them. If you still think that I'm a guy who is trying to justify something that you dislike by your standards and still want to retort something, then you are merely feeling persistent in forcing your opinions to others. Tbh, I feel a bit relieved that you're still watching them. Means that you at least have a chance to maybe say that it's at least a bit better than other similar cliche shows. If you're still aren't entertained by the time you finished it, then I guess it doesn't suit to your liking. That's all. :)

Pls. Just actually read what I write because it will continue to go in a loop like this due to your ignorance so I'm just gonna make everything clear to you. :)
-I give my opinion on the topic of the forum at hand, however, you took what I said personally and try to provoke me just because you think it's the right thing to do due to the fact you think I'm blindly hating on the shows. I'll apologize if I sounded like I was talking about you directly.
-I continue to watch these shows because I do enjoy them to an extent, the animation and action is good and it can have it's moments.
-I gave my OPINION on how these shows are very similar and was comparing it to how other shows like this have the same problem. I also brought up the fact that I dislike it when people keep trying to say they are very different when I believe they aren't but guess what? That's just my OPINION and there's nothing I can do about that except for giving my OPINION on it, it just so happens I gave it on a thread that is related. also next time I won't use the word fanboy, I'll just say people since I guess you don't like that word but I only said so since it seems like clearly most of you are fans of the shows and there's nothing wrong with that. I was just giving my OPINION on the formula on how these shows tend to go like
-I still don't understand why you keep clarifying what you originally commented when I never even read it and no I don't need to read what you said to understand and you wanna know why? Because it was your OPINION. Did I go and bash on your opinion directly? No. Whether you feel my OPINION is right or wrong, what gives you the power to change it? I'm not telling you to change your OPINION but you keep telling me to change mine by telling me I should stop hating on the show or I keep making these comments about it that you don't like so you just label me as one of those people that goes to hate on these types of shows when I'm merely giving my OPINION.
-The only reason I continued to go on and "bicker" is because you provoked me (at which you thought was my attempt at provoking people such as yourself). I won't just sit here and let you get away with looking down on my opinion DIRECTLY, which is what I assume you thought I was doing to your opinion specifically.

Alright now that that's out of the way I would like to say, I understand how you feel. I hate it when people give negative opinions about shows I like however there's one thing you gotta know, it's the internet and nothing you can do is gonna change it. You can argue with me back and forth all day but in the end it's meaningless because something like this will arise once again. You don't have to listen to me but I'm just gonna say this right now, just let people have their opinion. Only if you feel that they are directing the hatred towards you personally is when I think you should get involved but either wise just let it be, no matter how much you want these "haters" to think twice about their "hate comments". This website has a lot of elitists though so I get that you're getting annoyed with seeing that type of shit too. Again I apologize if I have offended you in anyway but next time, try not to get so mad directly at what someone says on the internet :) though if you have anything else to say I'll be happy to hear it! Have a nice day!
BurtCadOct 29, 2015 1:42 PM
Tokoya said:
Oct 29, 2015 9:45 PM

Mar 2013
Rocksterrock said:
Pls. Just actually read what I write because it will continue to go in a loop like this due to your ignorance so I'm just gonna make everything clear to you. :)
-I give my opinion on the topic of the forum at hand, however, you took what I said personally and try to provoke me just because you think it's the right thing to do due to the fact you think I'm blindly hating on the shows. I'll apologize if I sounded like I was talking about you directly.
-I continue to watch these shows because I do enjoy them to an extent, the animation and action is good and it can have it's moments.
-I gave my OPINION on how these shows are very similar and was comparing it to how other shows like this have the same problem. I also brought up the fact that I dislike it when people keep trying to say they are very different when I believe they aren't but guess what? That's just my OPINION and there's nothing I can do about that except for giving my OPINION on it, it just so happens I gave it on a thread that is related. also next time I won't use the word fanboy, I'll just say people since I guess you don't like that word but I only said so since it seems like clearly most of you are fans of the shows and there's nothing wrong with that. I was just giving my OPINION on the formula on how these shows tend to go like
-I still don't understand why you keep clarifying what you originally commented when I never even read it and no I don't need to read what you said to understand and you wanna know why? Because it was your OPINION. Did I go and bash on your opinion directly? No. Whether you feel my OPINION is right or wrong, what gives you the power to change it? I'm not telling you to change your OPINION but you keep telling me to change mine by telling me I should stop hating on the show or I keep making these comments about it that you don't like so you just label me as one of those people that goes to hate on these types of shows when I'm merely giving my OPINION.
-The only reason I continued to go on and "bicker" is because you provoked me (at which you thought was my attempt at provoking people such as yourself). I won't just sit here and let you get away with looking down on my opinion DIRECTLY, which is what I assume you thought I was doing to your opinion specifically.

Alright now that that's out of the way I would like to say, I understand how you feel. I hate it when people give negative opinions about shows I like however there's one thing you gotta know, it's the internet and nothing you can do is gonna change it. You can argue with me back and forth all day but in the end it's meaningless because something like this will arise once again. You don't have to listen to me but I'm just gonna say this right now, just let people have their opinion. Only if you feel that they are directing the hatred towards you personally is when I think you should get involved but either wise just let it be, no matter how much you want these "haters" to think twice about their "hate comments". This website has a lot of elitists though so I get that you're getting annoyed with seeing that type of shit too. Again I apologize if I have offended you in anyway but next time, try not to get so mad directly at what someone says on the internet :) though if you have anything else to say I'll be happy to hear it! Have a nice day!

Haha, I’ll make this short since I don't think you really completely understand what I’m trying to get it across to you despite using simple English. Funny that you’re being egoistically petty by desperately trying to sugarcoat your own provocation towards others as “opinions.” I’m not sure blatantly insulting and bashing the anime including the poor people who tried to help assuring you can be categorized as OPINIONS as you emphasized it haha .I find it hard to believe a person as smart as you for being slow-witted in comprehending my previous statements by accusing me of forcefully trying to change your own opinion when all I did was trying to reassure you that it can turn out well in the future or if you really don’t like it, you should drop since it’s no point if you keep bashing here. I’m not sure what part of “reassurance towards non-readers who has doubts” don’t you really understand? And you say I’m trying to provoke when I’m actually trying to enlighten my previous statement since it’s evident that you didn’t understand. Funniest thing is that you thought your own statement which was full of bashing wasn’t a provocation and mine is. You really love to contradict yourself. XD

It doesn’t matter if the person who attempts to provoke is not directing his or her statement at ourselves. I did clarified that we readers are trying to give reassurance towards people who really has doubts or worst misunderstanding the whole show to the point of throwing provocative statements around. There’s a difference between “raging back towards the hater/provoker/elitists” and “giving reassurance and calming them” which you said to hate the latter. For example, if you want me to give some structure on how Asterisk or Rakudai might go, you can simply ask. At the very least with that, you’re able to expect the bad parts and the good parts (based on your own standards.). Maybe it’s hard for you but I’ll sum up my statement from the previous posts with one sentence:

“Keep calm, don’t bash, try watching, even if it’s cliché it gets good later or if you still don’t like it, drop & don’t say anything more.” =)

-Good day to you as well~
Azai-kunOct 29, 2015 11:13 PM
Oct 29, 2015 11:43 PM

Feb 2014
Azai-kun said:
Rocksterrock said:

Haha, I’ll make this short since I think you don’t really completely understand what I’m trying to get it across to you despite using simple English. Funny that you’re being egoistically petty by desperately trying to sugarcoat your own provocation towards others as “opinions.” I’m not sure blatantly insulting and bashing the anime including the poor people who tried to help assuring you can be categorized as OPINIONS as you said haha .I find it hard to believe a person as smart as you for being slow-witted in comprehending my previous statements by accusing me of forcefully trying to change your own opinion when all I did was trying to reassure you that it can turn out well in the future or if you really don’t like it, you should drop since it’s no point if you keep bashing here. I’m not sure what part of “reassurance towards non-readers who has doubts” don’t you really understand? And you say I’m trying to provoke when I’m actually trying to enlighten my previous statement since it’s evident that you didn’t understand. Funniest thing is that you thought your own statement which was full of bashing wasn’t a provocation and mine is. You really love to contradict yourself. XD

It doesn’t matter if the person who attempts to provoke is not directing his or her statement at ourselves. I did clarified that we readers are trying to give reassurance towards people who really has doubts or worst misunderstanding the whole show to the point of throwing provocative statements around. There’s a difference between “raging back towards the hater/provoker/elitists” and “giving reassurance and calming them” which you said to hate the latter. For example, if you want me to give some structure on how Asterisk or Rakudai might go, you can simply ask. At the very least with that, you’re able to expect the bad parts and the good parts (based on your own standards.). Maybe it’s hard for you but I’ll sum up my statement from the previous posts with one sentence:

“Keep calm, don’t bash, try watching, even if it’s cliché it gets good later or if you still don’t like it, drop & don’t say anything more.” =)

-Good day to you as well~

Oh my. You're still going, and even after wrote all that all nicely. Whelp as I thought, this is just gonna go in a loop. I'm not sure what you mean by sugar coat but harsh wording or not, whatever I said was still an opinion. I never I said I didn't find my previous statement to be a provocation (though I wasn't really trying to deliberately make anyone mad) but I will say you are doing the exact same thing, except you were directing yours towards me while I was directing towards the thread as my opinion, after all this is the internet and I am allowed to post on forums, right? Look buddy I understand that you want to reassure people about the shows since you yourself like them and you want others to like it as well and think of me as some blind hater that is trying to get people to not watch it but seriously, who gives a shit as to what I say? Who gives a shit what you say? This is the internet, there isn't any sugar coating when it comes to it, that's the reality.

Now that I got that out of the way, it's time for me to clarify everything I have been saying into a way where you understand since I have to keep repeating myself for you. I'll write in all caps too so it's easier for you to read:
I FIND THE TWO SHOWS ENTERTAINING AND THAT IS WHY I CONTINUE TO WATCH THEM AND NOT DROP THEM HOWEVER I DID IN FACT GIVE MY OPINION TO THIS THREAD ABOUT HOW I THINK THAT THE SHOWS ARE TOO SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER AND HOW I DISLIKE THE PART OF THEM THAT FOLLOWS A GENERIC FORMULA, ALONG WITH HOW I DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE CONTINUE TO TRY AND SAY THAT SHOWS SUCH AS THESE ARE DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER BUT YOU DIDNT LIKE MY OPINION AND YOU TOOK WHAT I SAID AS BLIND HATE AND WENT ON TO SAY THAT IM MERELY SHOWCASING MY HATRED FOR THESE TYPES OF SHOWS BY SAYING THAT IM TOO PICKY AND SAYING THAT I SHOULD NOT SAY MY OPINION RATHER THAN EITHER IGNORING OR JUST FLAT OUT DISAGREEING WITH MY OPINION DESPITE IT NOT EVEN BEING DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU. WHAT I SAID WAS NOT MEANT TO PROVOKE ANYONE THAT LIKED THE SHOWS BUT TO MERELY THROW MY OPINION OUT THERE AND I UNDERSTAND YOU DONT WANT NEGATIVE COMMENTS UNDER THESE SHOWS THAT TOU LIKE HOWEVER THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT AGREE WITH MY OPINION TOO AND THATS OKAY. OPINIONS ARE OKAY.

You can read that right? I put it in simple English for you too :)
Now go take a walk, take a break from the interwebs and go live life because many more people are gonna make you mad in life and that's okay.

Just to make this fair I will apologize for the rude remarks I made about the shows and by putting it in a way where it made it sound like I was bashing on it, I know I wouldn't be happy to see it under shows I liked either but hey man, people have opinions, you're gonna have to accept it.

For the record, I just checked out your list to find out that we actually have a similar taste when it comes to anime. So I don't think of us as being too different but merely we just came across a disagreement of opinions.

I hope you can finally see what I have said and I hope you can accept that people have different opinions! If not then whatever. I still wish you a good night!
BurtCadOct 29, 2015 11:57 PM
Tokoya said:
Oct 30, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2013
Rocksterrock said:
Oh my. You're still going, and even after wrote all that all nicely. Whelp as I thought, this is just gonna go in a loop. I'm not sure what you mean by sugar coat but harsh wording or not, whatever I said was still an opinion. I never I said I didn't find my previous statement to be a provocation (though I wasn't really trying to deliberately make anyone mad) but I will say you are doing the exact same thing, except you were directing yours towards me while I was directing towards the thread as my opinion, after all this is the internet and I am allowed to post on forums, right? Look buddy I understand that you want to reassure people about the shows since you yourself like them and you want others to like it as well and think of me as some blind hater that is trying to get people to not watch it but seriously, who gives a shit as to what I say? Who gives a shit what you say? This is the internet, there isn't any sugar coating when it comes to it, that's the reality.

Now that I got that out of the way, it's time for me to clarify everything I have been saying into a way where you understand since I have to keep repeating myself for you. I'll write in all caps too so it's easier for you to read:
I FIND THE TWO SHOWS ENTERTAINING AND THAT IS WHY I CONTINUE TO WATCH THEM AND NOT DROP THEM HOWEVER I DID IN FACT GIVE MY OPINION TO THIS THREAD ABOUT HOW I THINK THAT THE SHOWS ARE TOO SIMILAR TO EACH OTHER AND HOW I DISLIKE THE PART OF THEM THAT FOLLOWS A GENERIC FORMULA, ALONG WITH HOW I DO NOT LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE CONTINUE TO TRY AND SAY THAT SHOWS SUCH AS THESE ARE DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER BUT YOU DIDNT LIKE MY OPINION AND YOU TOOK WHAT I SAID AS BLIND HATE AND WENT ON TO SAY THAT IM MERELY SHOWCASING MY HATRED FOR THESE TYPES OF SHOWS BY SAYING THAT IM TOO PICKY AND SAYING THAT I SHOULD NOT SAY MY OPINION RATHER THAN EITHER IGNORING OR JUST FLAT OUT DISAGREEING WITH MY OPINION DESPITE IT NOT EVEN BEING DIRECTED TOWARDS YOU. WHAT I SAID WAS NOT MEANT TO PROVOKE ANYONE THAT LIKED THE SHOWS BUT TO MERELY THROW MY OPINION OUT THERE AND I UNDERSTAND YOU DONT WANT NEGATIVE COMMENTS UNDER THESE SHOWS THAT TOU LIKE HOWEVER THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT AGREE WITH MY OPINION TOO AND THATS OKAY. OPINIONS ARE OKAY.

Now go take a walk, take a break from the interwebs and go live life because many more people are gonna make you mad in life and that's okay.

Just to make this fair I will apologize for the rude remarks I made about the shows and by putting it in a way where it made it sound like I was bashing on it, I know I wouldn't be happy to see it under shows I liked either but hey man, people have opinions, you're gonna have to accept it.

For the record, I just checked out your list to find out that we actually have a similar taste when it comes to anime. So I don't think of us as being too different but merely we just came across a disagreement of opinions.

I hope you can finally see what I have said and I hope you can accept that people have different opinions! If not then whatever. I still wish you a good night!

Haha. Gosh, you keep going on about opinion that opinion this but never admitting the contradiction you made in your first post. Never once I attempt to reject your opinion and force mine onto you. Heck I even already clarified that I agreed to your opinion that it’s generic or cliché, but the way you are putting it, saying that you dislike others trying to reassure you and disagreeing with their sentiment saying it’s the same shit when you didn’t even finished it yet is simply you indirectly saying to us: Hey, you LN readers said it was different and interesting but I’m at ep 4 and all I see so far is bullshit, fucking same generic shit.. and when I tried to reassure you back by saying it gets gradually better and if you can’t stand the cliché parts, then you’re welcome to drop, you start by persistently saying that it’s your opinion to say that it’s cliché. Get the point now? Maybe I misunderstood you by saying you’re a hater but it doesn’t change the fact that you are belittling our attempt at reassurance rather than analytically criticize the anime itself. And of course the fact that you are still accusing me of someone who forces his opinion on others when I just want to give a heads up on cliché haters.

Another thing, you say that I’m targeting you specifically but I’m actually pointing out to at all those who says “it’s boring because it’s cliché” type of people. In hopes that those people can have a bit of hope in cliché shows next time. No, not changing their opinions, it’s just be a bit hopeful. If they can’t then it’s too bad. Hopefully, you won’t misunderstood my motivations here lol.

Same tastes eh? Nice. (Kurisu as favourite? Double-nice~) It’ll be better if we like the same heroines in all those other romance animes. *coughs* XD
Azai-kunOct 30, 2015 12:08 PM
Oct 30, 2015 2:49 PM

Feb 2014
Azai-kun said:
Rocksterrock said:

Haha. Gosh, you keep going on about opinion that opinion this but never admitting the contradiction you made in your first post. Never once I attempt to reject your opinion and force mine onto you. Heck I even already clarified that I agreed to your opinion that it’s generic or cliché, but the way you are putting it, saying that you dislike others trying to reassure you and disagreeing with their sentiment saying it’s the same shit when you didn’t even finished it yet is simply you indirectly saying to us: Hey, you said it was different and interesting but I’m at ep 4 and all I see so far is bullshit, fucking same generic shit.. and when I tried to reassure you back by saying it gets gradually better and if you can’t stand the cliché parts, then you’re welcome to drop, you start by persistently saying that it’s your opinion to say that it’s cliché. Get the point now? Maybe I misunderstood you by saying you’re a hater but it doesn’t change the fact that you are belittling our attempt at reassurance rather than analytically criticize the anime itself. And of course the fact that you are still accusing me of someone who forces his opinion on others when I just want to give a heads up on cliché haters.

Another thing, you say that I’m targeting you specifically but I’m actually pointing out to at all those who says “it’s boring because it’s cliché” type of people. In hopes that those people can have a bit of hope in cliché shows next time. No, not changing their opinions, it’s just be a bit hopeful. If they can’t then it’s too bad. Hopefully, you won’t misunderstood my motivations here lol.

Same tastes eh? Nice. (Kurisu as favourite? Double-nice~) It’ll be better if we like the same heroines in all those other romance animes. *coughs* XD

Well dude, I never did say you didn't agree to the fact they are cliche or generic, i acknowledged that and didn't mention it but you still bring it up and in my first post when I mentioned that these anime are the same shit, I did say "anime such as these". I was meaning to say that in the route that these two shows were going so far (up to ep 4), I thought that it was gonna end up the same generic stuff we always get (which I still think it probably will) and how I always seem to be convinced by what people say about other shows being different from the typical ecchi fantasy school norm and end up watching only being disappointing due to the lack of original ideas and over-excessive tropes but yknow I guess it was easy to be misunderstood with what I said, I mean I did admit that what I said sounded hateful though i will disagree when you say that I attempted to make whatever you said about the shows unimportant when really I was just giving my opinion on the topic at hand. Sorry if it seemed that way tho, i guess.

I don't have an intention of dropping these shows but my opinion won't change about how I feel that the shows are way too similar but I will say, by the end of both of them (end of the first cour for asterisk) if you end up being right about it becoming different (at least by a decent amount) from each other later on then I'll make sure to mention it here, I mean i can kinda see your point as Rakudai already diverged from the harem stuff (which gives that a plus over asterisk imo) but I still the think the structure of the story and characters will still be as bland as it is now but maybe they will prove me wrong? Who knows.

There are still a lot of plot holes to iron out, a lot of power-ups that need to be explained, characters that need to be developed and just a couple of things that would make both better. I don't think the generic tropes will stop but whatever, you can't have em all. Now when I say all this, I just mean as to put these shows up to the standard a lot of people would find "good" like i still find the shows to have entertainment value but a lot about the shows bother me in a way that I'm sure would bother other people as well and am merely just pointing them out. I understand that people have different standards (like how if I find a show enjoyable to watch then that is pretty much the standard for me as to if i continue to watch it) but I want to mention the parts I think aren't up to standard with some people to give them an idea of what they are going into, like with my original post, if people saw what I said and didn't mind the idea of another generic anime as long as it had some enjoyement (whether it's from the action, the romance, the fanservice,etc.) but some people (elitists mostly) are looking to see if the anime has a good structure (mostly in terms of plot,characters,etc.) and that not everything in there is "an asspull" and which is why I made my remark, just to give my opinion on the whole "differences" topic when it comes to these shows and shows that are similar. I understand that you want to reassure people about these shows and didn't mean to imply that you were the type to force your opinions on others, though you were directing different opinions at me but that's besides the point, didn't think I made it too unclear but oh well. Just to add tho, as to when you mention me as one of those “it’s boring because it’s cliché” type of people, I wouldn't say that's true as I've said numerous times that I find the shows entertaining and that I think the line between entertainment and critique is different. Hell sharknado is a piece of shit but its still hella fun to watch. xD

There we go. I think that about covers everything.

Now with that aside if you are team tsundere (seems like you are judging from ur favs) then you definitely can't be a bad person and therefore don't even wanna continue this :P Hope we can come to an agreement on this whole matter.
BurtCadOct 30, 2015 2:56 PM
Tokoya said:
Oct 31, 2015 7:17 AM

Mar 2013
Rocksterrock said:
Well dude, I never did say you didn't agree to the fact they are cliche or generic, i acknowledged that and didn't mention it but you still bring it up and in my first post when I mentioned that these anime are the same shit, I did say "anime such as these". I was meaning to say that in the route that these two shows were going so far (up to ep 4), I thought that it was gonna end up the same generic stuff we always get (which I still think it probably will) and how I always seem to be convinced by what people say about other shows being different from the typical ecchi fantasy school norm and end up watching only being disappointing due to the lack of original ideas and over-excessive tropes but yknow I guess it was easy to be misunderstood with what I said, I mean I did admit that what I said sounded hateful though i will disagree when you say that I attempted to make whatever you said about the shows unimportant when really I was just giving my opinion on the topic at hand. Sorry if it seemed that way tho, i guess.

I don't have an intention of dropping these shows but my opinion won't change about how I feel that the shows are way too similar but I will say, by the end of both of them (end of the first cour for asterisk) if you end up being right about it becoming different (at least by a decent amount) from each other later on then I'll make sure to mention it here, I mean i can kinda see your point as Rakudai already diverged from the harem stuff (which gives that a plus over asterisk imo) but I still the think the structure of the story and characters will still be as bland as it is now but maybe they will prove me wrong? Who knows.

There are still a lot of plot holes to iron out, a lot of power-ups that need to be explained, characters that need to be developed and just a couple of things that would make both better. I don't think the generic tropes will stop but whatever, you can't have em all. Now when I say all this, I just mean as to put these shows up to the standard a lot of people would find "good" like i still find the shows to have entertainment value but a lot about the shows bother me in a way that I'm sure would bother other people as well and am merely just pointing them out. I understand that people have different standards (like how if I find a show enjoyable to watch then that is pretty much the standard for me as to if i continue to watch it) but I want to mention the parts I think aren't up to standard with some people to give them an idea of what they are going into, like with my original post, if people saw what I said and didn't mind the idea of another generic anime as long as it had some enjoyement (whether it's from the action, the romance, the fanservice,etc.) but some people (elitists mostly) are looking to see if the anime has a good structure (mostly in terms of plot,characters,etc.) and that not everything in there is "an asspull" and which is why I made my remark, just to give my opinion on the whole "differences" topic when it comes to these shows and shows that are similar. I understand that you want to reassure people about these shows and didn't mean to imply that you were the type to force your opinions on others, though you were directing different opinions at me but that's besides the point, didn't think I made it too unclear but oh well. Just to add tho, as to when you mention me as one of those “it’s boring because it’s cliché” type of people, I wouldn't say that's true as I've said numerous times that I find the shows entertaining and that I think the line between entertainment and critique is different. Hell sharknado is a piece of shit but its still hella fun to watch. xD

There we go. I think that about covers everything.

Now with that aside if you are team tsundere (seems like you are judging from ur favs) then you definitely can't be a bad person and therefore don't even wanna continue this :P Hope we can come to an agreement on this whole matter.

Mhmm, the thing about me saying that even I think it’s cliché, generic and has similar tropes is merely a pretext of saying that we have the exact same opinion and it was just to justify that I’m not forcing any opinions but I guess that’s not really an issue anymore. Also, from all of your statements, I’m aware that you are merely just pointing that all of these types of anime has similar overused structures in many ways than one. What I meant earlier was that you only state the negative aspects of it which is the cliché part. Following what you said, I wanted to add the positive ones for yeah, reassurance since I’m a reader. If you take it as me trying to force my opinion on you then I too have to apologize. People have different opinions but you have to accept that there are those who has knowledge of the original source of the animes and they will try to give reassurance to those who are having doubts, so don’t get too pissed at them aight? XD

Oh yeah btw, you misunderstood the readers (who tried to reassure you) who said that these shows are "different" from the others. Let me clarify because depending on your standards, you may get disappointed in the future episodes and I don’t really want to get your hopes that high. (Note: It's not an argument, just clarifying to avoid you misunderstanding). It is not that it’s different from all the battle-harem-generic plot-anime. It is just that Asterisk, Rakudai and Taimadou have their own unique strengths in comparison with the others such as Infinte Stratos, Blade Dance, World Break and many others. Yes its ‘backbone’ is the usual generic, cliché stuff however the ‘meat’ has a different quality. Get it? XD Well for example Rakudai has shown its trump card in the previous episode and you know how great the impact was right?
I’ll briefly point out Asterisk, Rakudai and Taimadou’s strengths without spoiling as much as possible just to give you some heads up:

~Asterisk~

1) Chemistry between the MC and main heroine(Julis) in characterization, developments and even battles.

2) The plot may seem generic at first but it’s very expandable since there are shitload amount of factions with a variety of likeable characters in it and how their own respective motives affect the main plot.

3) The Festa Tournaments. This is their ultimate card(at least for me) since the Festa has 3 different tournaments and even one tournament took 3 volumes of the LN to actually conclude it which means that the fights are incredibly detailed.(I’m not exaggerating XD). The 3 tournaments are Phoenix (2v2), Gryps (Team Battle) and finally Lindvolus. (1v1) Seriously dude, it’s like watching a game or football tournament. That’s how exciting it is. Also, there is another tournament but you’ll have to wait the anime to explain that one. This also means that Asterisk tournament is far superior than Rakudai’s tournament which only consists of a 1v1 duel. (Although they may implement it in later volumes depending on the author’s decision.)

~Rakudai~

1) By far, it has the best romance quality among the 3 since the relationship between the two mains are what drives the plot to its full potential.

2) Linear plot, means every single event is related to its main plot which emphasizes the romance factor as oppose to the harem factor which usually branches off. Also, this makes it less confusing and more understandable. (For those who are interested in linears.)

3) Anime has better fight animations among the 3. (Even though Asterisk is more detailed in the LN)

~Taimadou~

1) Like Asterisk, the chemistry between the MC and main heroine (Ouka) is really well written.

2) I want to mention the fights but the anime ruined every single fights they did so far so I wouldn’t count on this factor too much… at least in the LN it was far better.

3) Considered the darkest among the 3. The plot gradually gets darker in every single arc to the point of Akame-tier despair. (Yes, there are loads of deaths due to this but the anime won’t go pass vol 5 which is even more despairing so oh well) Also, the plot settings are quite vast, which can confuse the audience at first since we don’t even know who is good or who is bad and what is related to what and how is that related to that. Lmfao.

So to conclude, all of them still has the harem, generic settings shit so can’t expect much on that. However, like I’ve pointed out, they have those kinds of uniqueness that can grant excitement to the readers as oppose to the other generic ones we see every time. That said, it all depends on how the animators are gonna do it and so far Taimadou adapted really bad so I can’t reassure you much on the anime sadly. All I can say is if it’s ruined, then you can try the LN if you’re interested. If these still does not convince you, then I apologize, I can’t give you any more reassurance than that.

P.S – Haha, I can’t brag that I’m not bad but I can at least say that I’m not type to give out negative opinions to anything, be it a reality show, movie, animes and even real-life topics before actually researching the facts myself. Sadly quite a number of fans right now are doing shitposting in forums just because they hate it which is really sad imo. =( . Oh and it’s not just Tsundere, I also love Kuudere and some alpha female characters. XD
Azai-kunOct 31, 2015 7:27 AM
Oct 31, 2015 8:56 PM

Nov 2014
[quote=Rocksterrock][quote=Azai-kun]
Rocksterrock said:

I know I don't have a place in this argument, but i just want to applaud this prison school reference. That's all. Have a good night.
Jan 20, 2016 7:31 PM
Jan 2016
Both storylines are good. But Asterisk has better artwork and graphic quality.
Mar 8, 2016 7:57 PM
Dec 2014
I find Rakudai vastly more better, mostly because there is actual romantic development and not being a overly clichefest anime. Compared to rakudai, asterisk has almost no romance (just your usual harem shenanigans where everyone loves MC, MC is dense as fudge and indesicive). Idk maybe the 2nd season will be better because this one gets a 7/10 and im being generous with my scoring compared to Rakudai's 9/10 iirc.
Mar 12, 2016 2:36 PM

Dec 2014
Yuu_x_mika said:
Both storylines are good. But Asterisk has better artwork and graphic quality.

Really? I thought that the animation quality in Rakudai absolutely trounced Asterisk. The CGI in Asterisk stood out like a white person in Japan.
Mar 20, 2016 3:26 AM
Feb 2015

Digibro says it all in 13 videos.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

203 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

119 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

111 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 22, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2015

113 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

117 by Neemesis_2 »»
Aug 21, 8:50 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.