Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2015 12:53 PM

May 2014
A chat thread to comment, discuss and really say anything if you're just popping by!

Rules
1 - Don't be inelegant (rude)
2 - No Gore or NSFW stuff
3 - No Spam
4- No Flamewars (kinda like rule 1)

Apart from that anythin really, have fun!
I've been here way too long...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Oct 9, 2015 3:43 PM

Dec 2013
A question for all. Why do you like poetry? What about it compels you to write it?
AstrosOct 10, 2015 7:35 AM
Oct 10, 2015 6:33 AM

May 2014
Well I mean for me It started when I was younger, I used to read alot and Alice and Wonderland was one of those books, the way its written as well as Through the Looking Glass are both very heavy on a poetic style. I also got a tome of Poe's works when I was 12 so that really pushed me into it. I won't say I'm one of those people who find poetry in everything (I hate poems like that one in casual discussion for example) but I do enjoy seeing how people can work with verse and rhyme.
I write it so see jf I can have the same effect my favourite poems give me.
I've been here way too long...
Oct 10, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2014
Astros said:
A question for all. Why do you like poetry? What about it compels you to write it?

I like the succinctness. You can write a whole book in one stanza. Or at least, that was the case with the poets that I've grown up reading.

Inspired by this club, I think I too will start writing English poetry. Though, I don't like how there's a 'structure' to it. But that's probably because of I not being a native speaker.
[i]"Yet each man kills the thing he loves,
By each let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!''
~Oscar
[/i]
Oct 10, 2015 1:21 PM

Dec 2013
Hmm, I see. I figured it would be either of those two. I guess if I had to choose anything I liked about poetry over other forms of literature it would be symbolism. A stanza or phrase can mean a lot more than face value. Both in intended meaning and interpretation. Also poetry has been seen to reflect the issues and emotions of specific people and times better than some other forms of literature.
Oct 11, 2015 10:59 AM

Aug 2015
Why I love Literature as a medium whatever shape or form it takes is simply the beauty of the language itself. There is something elegant and musical about Poetry and poetic prose. It creates an indescribable feeling in me one I couldn't really put into words accurately but if I might try; it's like an inspiring awe which makes me want to create something
And I'm here in your pocket
Curled up in a dollar
And the chain from your watch around my neck
And I'll stay right here until it's time
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Poem of the week! (Archived)

TheConquerer - Jan 12, 2016

0 by TheConquerer »»
Jan 12, 2016 10:34 AM

» Poetry Thread!

TheConquerer - Oct 9, 2015

2 by Astros »»
Dec 16, 2015 2:05 PM

Sticky: » GAME! POST A HAIKU AND CONTINUE THE STORY!

TheConquerer - Oct 7, 2015

8 by TheConquerer »»
Oct 17, 2015 11:30 AM

Sticky: » INTRODUCE YOURSELF! (Bonus points for poems :D)

TheConquerer - Oct 7, 2015

7 by Cansada »»
Oct 16, 2015 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.