Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2008 4:44 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Ha! My first time starting a chapter discussion thread. :P I feel special.

Moving on...

A comment left in the chapter 40 discussion thread said something about "chapter 42 makes you want to slap Shizumasa." That's exactly the way I feel. I have been rooting for Takanari for quite a while, but this just erases Shizumasa from even the "maybe" list, period. Boo hiss! >:K Touya could use a good smack, too.

*cries for Takanari* I wonder where he was taken? Hopefully he isn't hurt. D:

And with everyone now knowing the secret of the twins, I am looking forward to how they work together to find Takanari. Go team go! :D
Jan 16, 2008 9:59 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I feel cheated. He's TOTALLY turned into an awful bastard. Where's my sad history >:| Where's a plausible story >:| Where's the competition!!!

They're just making it easier for fans to accept her being with Takanari. Shizumasa hadn't done anything really wrong up to this point. Why did he not tell her about the book? Because someone finally cared about him. Why did he go along with Takanari being the shadow? Because he had to for his family.

But now?? Now can't be explained!! WAAAA~! I feel like it's a cop out :( I always root for the underdog, but you just can't when the underdog becomes the villian...

Anyway. Beautiful chapter, as always, despite my rantings. I enjoyed it and look forward to more. I figure I already know what's going to happen now though. *sigh* I wanted to be surprised.
Jan 16, 2008 10:19 PM

Sep 2007
Shizumasa is really getting on my nerves. Hope he dies. DIE I TELL YOU!
i couldn't care less about him anymore after this chapter.
if he really did love haine, he wouldn't force a kiss on her.. or at least care bout her feelings.
takanari-sama!! hope they find him asap. i can't stand having Shizumasa back... hope Shizumasa's health goes bad again or something *evil grin* XD

Sometimes, we just don't realise how much someone means to us until they're G O N E . .
Jan 16, 2008 11:49 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
I always root for the underdog, but you just can't when the underdog becomes the villian...
Technically speaking, isn't Takanari the underdog anyway? Since he's the "shadow" who, according to the law, doesn't even exist... it'd make more sense to call him the underdog. He was just lucky that Shizumasa had such a long bought of illness during high school, giving him time to fall in love with Haine, and now his luck's run out and he's back to being locked up. :(

Kineta said:
I figure I already know what's going to happen now though. *sigh* I wanted to be surprised.
Not necessarily! Remember how the whole love triangle Haine's mother was involved in turned out? She started out in love with Itsuki, but Kazuhito fell in love with her and basically forced her to marry him. But she ultimately fell in love with him, even though it took her a long time to finally let go of Itsuki.

Since Maika's story is actually rather similar to Haine's (minus the whole thinking they are the same person at first thing), we can't really assume the ending yet, right?

... That said, I agree with you about being disappointed with Shizumasa. Sigh~
Jan 17, 2008 6:23 AM

Jan 2008
hmm
Touya didn't have to look SO happy that time~ how sad.
I'm disappointed. Its like Haine became a pushover this chapter..
Why is she letting Shizu-sama shove her on the couch and kiss her? =__=
He's sickly and weak. She can overpower him XD
Jan 17, 2008 8:35 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Goldmare said:
Technically speaking, isn't Takanari the underdog anyway?
I was thinking about that after I posted it. I was rooting for him when it didn't look like she'd be with him, and I felt bad about his past. But then all I read everywhere is how everyone wants Shizumasa to die (which I think is a little overboard, no offense to anyone ^^;) and Shizumasa kinda smudged into the background and disappeared for a good chunk of the story, so I decided I'd wait to hear his story and root for him a bit since no one else was, haha.

Goldmare said:
Remember how the whole love triangle Haine's mother was involved in turned out?
Oooo, true! That gives me new found hope for more plot twists! Yay! Thanks Goldmare!

One scene that sticks out in my mind is when Haine was freaking out about her mom, and Shizumasa came and gripped the knife with his hand, getting blood everywhere, and he was the only one who could help her - Takanari was useless. Was that really all because of some book? He obviously cares about her. He's just being arrogant like her father was. You're right! Exactly like her father!

Hmmm.... but she said something like "Shizumasa's kisses now break me inside" or something like that. Well, we'll have to see :D
Jan 17, 2008 11:38 AM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
I decided I'd wait to hear his story and root for him a bit since no one else was, haha.
Ahh, I see. So I guess it was you who made the one single vote for Shizumasa in my poll? XD

Kineta said:
Oooo, true! That gives me new found hope for more plot twists! Yay! Thanks Goldmare!
Haha, you're welcome! :D

Kineta said:
One scene that sticks out in my mind is when Haine was freaking out about her mom, and Shizumasa came and gripped the knife with his hand, getting blood everywhere, and he was the only one who could help her - Takanari was useless.
Ah, that's true, I hadn't been thinking about that scene. It seems in both cases it was Shizumasa who saved Haine when she turned delinquent, ne? No doubt his emotions are genuine, just that he goes about showing them in... well, not the best ways, let's just say that.

Kineta said:
Hmmm.... but she said something like "Shizumasa's kisses now break me inside" or something like that. Well, we'll have to see :D
To be more accurate, it was more like: "Now, every time he kisses me, my heart breaks." or something to that effect. But that sort of reaction is to be expected after that sequence of events, I'd think.

So, at this point, with your renewed hope for plot twists, are you still rooting for Shizumasa?
GoldmareJan 17, 2008 11:44 AM
Jan 17, 2008 1:02 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Goldmare said:
Ahh, I see. So I guess it was you who made the one single vote for Shizumasa in my poll? XD
Nope! I didn't even see your poll. I put one up back in November in the club forum though, and my choice was: "Both! Let's have a harem xD" lol.

Goldmare said:
So, at this point, with your renewed hope for plot twists, are you still rooting for Shizumasa?
It's hard to root for him when he's being forceful, but I think he honestly believes what he's saying. I don't think he's twisted, I think his family has twisted him, but he sees Haine as this ray of sunshine that could make it all better. He's just throwing a little temper tantrum at the moment.

I mean, I want Takanari to get her because he hasn't had anybody until now. Well, now he does have all these friends (of course, that's all because of Haine, but still). What about Shizumasa though? I think he needs to be crawling and begging instead of being forceful... he's got nobody.

Argh, I don't know. I think I'm more frustrated by the copout, than the fact that she'll end up with Takanari. So easy to make one guy into a bad guy so that she won't choose him. That just takes all the fun out of it :( I think I'm just repeating myself now though.
Dec 30, 2008 10:57 AM

May 2008
It would seem in this chapter that she followed her mother's path. Sort of heartbreaking.

...'cept I still like Shizumasa. XD
Meet my dragons ^^:
(Click to view. :))
Dec 15, 2011 4:44 AM
Jul 2018
DAMN IT~! Shizumasa-sama, you freak! Let Haine go!
Release Takanari-sama already! Don't bother them anymore! >.<
Jun 9, 2012 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
Poor Haine and Takanari :(

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinshi Doumei Cross Chapter 47 Discussion

yuzuko - Jun 4, 2008

33 by FarCritical »»
Apr 27, 2023 9:55 AM

Poll: » Shinshi Doumei Cross Chapter 46 Discussion

Kineta - May 9, 2008

9 by FarCritical »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:25 AM

Poll: » Shinshi Doumei Cross Chapter 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2012

1 by FarCritical »»
Apr 20, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Shinshi Doumei Cross Chapter 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2012

1 by FarCritical »»
Apr 18, 2023 6:23 PM

Poll: » Shinshi Doumei Cross Chapter 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2012

1 by FarCritical »»
Apr 16, 2023 3:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.