Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you look forward watching KnC?
Aug 18, 2015 5:44 AM

Mar 2008
Do you look forward to watch Kotetsujo no Cabaneli, especially if you liked SnK and want to give it a shot even though it's scheduled for this winter?

I'm asking this because since its announcement (November 28), we have heard absolutely nothing about this besides the main staff, not even the story and characters. For some reason however, I'm seriously looking forward watching this with strangely high hopes even if I haven't watched anything from the director (if at all) and the small bits of the PV are already interesting enough:

http://i.imgur.com/H4wJNdp.png

And the airdate (Winter 2016):
http://i.imgur.com/PnO8kwI.png

I do however suggest that WIT Studio need to make something great for once and the closest thing I'm talking about was HAL but it was a movie, every single TV series they made have been seen as mediocre by many (only watched two of them), let's prey both the studio and Araki needs to give this an actual chance and make it good for once!

Frankly enough, I even made a wish based out of it in Real Wishes website (with 8-day deadline to make it happen) and so far I'm feeling extremely both curious and cautious about this at the same time.

It is basically the only upcoming series I have very high expectations even if I might feel something will break it out when it'll start airing but who knows. Last time I watched an anime original with personally high pre-air expectations (Valvrave), it turned out to be very disappointing story-wise, I hope something like that won't happen this eventual time.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 18, 2015 6:09 AM

Jun 2013
I seriously don't get why you're so excited about an anime you know close to nothing nothing about. We have no animated PV, no key visual, not even a god damn synopsis. Why are you so excited about this unknown anime? The only thing we know about the anime itself (apart from the staff) is that it has some vague monster looking something. Frankly, that's not something to get excited over. I would have understood your excitement if you had watched something with Araki involved or if you thought that WIT Studio has some awesomeness under their belt. But you have neither seen anything with Araki's name to it nor do you think that WIT Studio is the best out there, so why on earth are you so excited about this anime? It just doesn't make sense!
Aug 18, 2015 8:32 AM

Jan 2015
I think the hype has more to do with trends and the way the wind blows rather than what anyone really knows about this particular anime. It's been more or less in production for a good while, we know next to nothing about it short of the fact that it is a project by WIT Studio, Ichiro Okouchi (who created Code Geass), and Tetsurou Araki who was the director for Shingeki no Kyojin.
More or less that there are big names associated with it under a studio which garnered mass appeal recently with a big hit. The reason people are hyped about it is because they want it to be the "next big thing", and due to the mystery behind it, I can't really blame them for getting their hopes up a bit.

I'm not really hyped for this, but given the climate of anime these days; I can see whatever this will end up being, to be something the average anime fan would probably cling to as another "savior of the genre". This will probably just end up being another Kill la Kill situation, where people who worked on well-received anime projects collaborate for a big mysterious project that in the end becomes a shallow and superficial baseline nod to their former greatness, that somehow still manages to dupe everyone into thinking it's not just literal fanservice in every sense of the word.

But hell, it could be great; even when we do see promotional work or storyline info, that's still not enough info to determine because in the end, it all comes down to execution. Even with an amazing story, an excellent cast, you could still have an arc that completely ruins any merit the show may have had before. Examples include Endless Eight and Aelfheim, people get hyped; then disappointed, I prefer to just enjoy things for what they are and hope they don't get too insulting to the viewer's intelligence, lol.
Army Dude 1: "Our weapons do not affect them sir! We're being vaporized left right and center!"
Commander: "In times of war, there is only one viable course of action."
Army Dude 2: "What could that possibly be? We are vastly unmatched... you can't possibly mean to..."
Commander: "Oh but I do, launch the Mahou Shoujo!"
Army Dude 1: "What's a mahou shoujo?"
Army Dude 2: *having a seizure*
Army Dude 1: "Why are there so many colors??!?!?"
Commander: "Only multicolored schoolgirls can save us now. Godspeed."
Aug 18, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2015
And here I thought hype over shows with proper screenshots and images was an issue.
Aug 20, 2015 1:35 AM

Mar 2008
Bloodshotdaze said:
More or less that there are big names associated with it under a studio which garnered mass appeal recently with a big hit. The reason people are hyped about it is because they want it to be the "next big thing", and due to the mystery behind it, I can't really blame them for getting their hopes up a bit.

You may have a point, although to be honest the last time I have similar pre-hype anticipations goes to Valvrave (which is also by Okouchi) when its first announcement doesn't show much (a bit more revealing than this but still), although I do however commend that it managed to be consistently fun and had occasionally good moments, the story itself isn't on the same quality level now that I looked back into it. Hope the mistake won't repeat this time.
Aug 26, 2015 9:23 AM

Jan 2015
Heh, that's kind of depressing really considering Valvrave was one of the few anime that legitimately pissed me off while watching. I enjoyed a good portion of it, but god did I loathe most of the characters and developments. I did hear the second season got better, but I have zero intention to revisit it, lol.

Thanks for the reminder, hopefully this won't be another angsty geass wannabe with bishie characters and fujoshi pandering. It's probably going to be exactly that though, since most of what was taken from SNK was just Levi/Eren ships and memes about Armin being a female character, resulting in stuff like Owari no Seraph getting an adaptation. Amazing considering pretty much anything else by Takaya Kagami would have been a better pick. I'd have rather seen another Denyuuden or ItsuTen S2 than SNK with Vampires and shounen-ai undertones. It's always the fetish that gets the attention, not the actual quality of the show.

Eh, I guess we'll see.
Army Dude 1: "Our weapons do not affect them sir! We're being vaporized left right and center!"
Commander: "In times of war, there is only one viable course of action."
Army Dude 2: "What could that possibly be? We are vastly unmatched... you can't possibly mean to..."
Commander: "Oh but I do, launch the Mahou Shoujo!"
Army Dude 1: "What's a mahou shoujo?"
Army Dude 2: *having a seizure*
Army Dude 1: "Why are there so many colors??!?!?"
Commander: "Only multicolored schoolgirls can save us now. Godspeed."
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» News regarding seventhstyle ( 1 2 )

Yamada2 - Jul 23, 2015

55 by Hellobee »»
Oct 13, 2015 5:09 PM

» Vomit inducing animation quality

Kawai-Despair - Aug 12, 2015

6 by samui26 »»
Aug 20, 2015 1:16 AM

» Best chinese cartoons so far

maruhadapurpurin - Aug 7, 2015

6 by Kawai-Despair »»
Aug 12, 2015 12:18 PM

» Summer season ( 1 2 )

Kawai-Despair - Jul 26, 2015

67 by Cronosmu »»
Aug 7, 2015 12:31 PM

» What made you like anime?

removed-user - Aug 4, 2015

13 by removed-user »»
Aug 5, 2015 3:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.