Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2007 11:21 AM

Dec 2007
What's your favorite class? Why is it your favorite class?

Mine is Warlord, i love the way they fight, the only fighter with true AOE capabilities.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 29, 2007 5:18 AM

Dec 2007
Orc Tyrant is the first char i played with and i love it; not too good at PvP in C4, but i don't pvp so no problem there.
Had alot of fun with this char, thou not many people have the patience to play with it...
Dec 29, 2007 6:02 AM

Dec 2007
IIronnick said:
Orc Tyrant is the first char i played with and i love it; not too good at PvP in C4, but i don't pvp so no problem there.
Had alot of fun with this char, thou not many people have the patience to play with it...

Tyrants are actually very useful in PVP :P It's all about skills, spamming loads and loads of skills. Practically the same way as you play gladiator.
Jan 1, 2008 10:50 AM

Mar 2007
necromancer or prophet, cant decide between those two classes :>
Jan 2, 2008 10:47 AM

Dec 2007
Akumiri said:
necromancer or prophet, cant decide between those two classes :>

Prophets are cute <3
Jan 2, 2008 10:56 AM

Dec 2007
Umm, I thought the chars were pretty balanced so it's hard to say...loved spellsinger, hawekeye, warlord and treasure hunter...spellsinger was probably most fun to play though (as you can see i love playing ranged classes :P)
Jan 3, 2008 9:41 AM
Jan 2008
Well my favorite .... my first character in l2 was a gladiator ...leveled it until level 66 in like 2 months...then i started experimenting...made a hawkeye but i fell in love with shilien knight ...doing raids was way too fun with a tank ..especially when u run out of mana and so does your recharger and u can no longer aggro the raid..now thats fun when ppl start dropping stuff :)))
Jan 3, 2008 4:03 PM

Dec 2007
Sweetz said:
Well my favorite .... my first character in l2 was a gladiator ...leveled it until level 66 in like 2 months...then i started experimenting...made a hawkeye but i fell in love with shilien knight ...doing raids was way too fun with a tank ..especially when u run out of mana and so does your recharger and u can no longer aggro the raid..now thats fun when ppl start dropping stuff :)))

You... make... me... sick...
Jan 5, 2008 3:31 PM

Dec 2007
Phantom Ranger <3 POW STUN ~ HEX ~ LOLZ CRITTINGZ
Jan 7, 2008 2:31 AM

Dec 2007
If your gonna make a bow class at least make a hawkeye xD
Jan 7, 2008 5:38 AM

Nov 2007
This game is far from balanced. =[

Hawkeyes are good seige archers, but they're not as good as PRs and SRs for world PVP.

Tyrants used to be so much better before they nerfed orcs in Prelude. Their strongest use was archer eaters. Rabbit totem, cripple, gg. Not so good in mass pvp though.
Jan 9, 2008 10:40 AM

Dec 2007
Paws said:

It actually is VERY balanced. Don't make me argue all over the place i am determined to take it up for L2 any time, anywhere, against anyone. Sure not every class is useful in all situations, that's what makes it balanced, every class has it's own use.
Jan 9, 2008 2:10 PM

Dec 2007
Chavez said:
Paws said:

It actually is VERY balanced. Don't make me argue all over the place i am determined to take it up for L2 any time, anywhere, against anyone. Sure not every class is useful in all situations, that's what makes it balanced, every class has it's own use.

agreed!
Jan 10, 2008 6:33 AM

Jan 2008
Well, in a way the balance in different areas makes it unbalanced then, lol. (I'm NOT gonna debate it cause every time it goes on and on and on and never reaches an end. I tell you, all L2 people are stubborn... ><)

My favourite class has to be Soul Breaker & Blade Dancer.

Soul Breaker due to its pure magic and melee offense. Might not be as useful in PvP, but heck, it kills. :P
Blade Dancer, due to its dances and dual mastery.
Jan 11, 2008 7:24 AM

Nov 2007
Gen said:
Chavez said:
Paws said:

agreed!

I played L2 for a LONG time (prelude through interlude) and I can say, for a fact that Lineage 2's classes are not balanced. There is always a favorable class in one on ones, and while numbers don't make a difference if skill and organization is used, the classes do. There is always a fotm class, that is over powered. There is no exception.
Jan 12, 2008 3:07 PM

Dec 2007
Paws said:
Gen said:
Chavez said:
Paws said:

agreed!

I played L2 for a LONG time (prelude through interlude) and I can say, for a fact that Lineage 2's classes are not balanced. There is always a favorable class in one on ones, and while numbers don't make a difference if skill and organization is used, the classes do. There is always a fotm class, that is over powered. There is no exception.

Uhm, i run a PVP server, and... well come and see yourself. All classes are all over the place, and they pretty much all make a chance. There's some really good pro's playing here. When i barrowed someone's spellhowler on retail, i easely won from an Abyss Walker, that later turned out to be 8 levels higher. He was known to be a ruthless zerg (PVP/PK'er) and i dropped him without having to heal myself after the fight. Later i found that 99% of the PVP'ers on retail are actually really weak. They only show more guts then a regular player, but they have no idea how to play their class in an advantage against their oponent.

I have no idea where you were in those days you played L2, but definitly not with the actual skilled players such as dvp, QuazyThain, LeafThePro, IwannaPVP, GRTank, and clans as FearTheZerg, Rainteam, ApostlesofStars, Distortion, ESG, etc.

I'm a player from Korean BETA till the day of today.
Jan 14, 2008 5:58 AM

Nov 2007
Valakas Slain on Lionna - I post this only to show that this isn't a Joke 2cent clan.

That was the clan I was in, or its sister clan, LittlePigs. We were far from the pisspoor retail players you listed. The alliance is now called BOSS, and it is still run by mostly the same players. In numbers we were under-dogs. The last thing I did in game was take back Aden. The whole server showed up to defend it, I think it was 400-500 people in the defense channel, and we had around 200, and we still won. I'm not talking from some noob POV.

Someone who is a bought toon will generally be like that, just be all balls and no skill. I don't want you to think that everyone is like that, because there are plenty of quality players on retail. Not to mention dedicated. Invincible/BOSS has been fighting against mostly the same enemies since they USED Invincible to build up their numbers and then bail to turn on the leaders of the alliance and steal its castles.

As for the balance issue, this is not a problem that is native to Lineage 2. It does seem to be rather prominent though(probably due to the PURE pvp nature of the game.) Generally archers are considered the running OP class in the game. Unless the Khamael's expansion somehow changed that. Don't get me wrong here, the fact that there is always an overpowered class is natural. And I'm not pissing on Lineage 2 because of it. I happen to think that L2 is an epic game, that deserves mention. It's just not for every one. In order to enjoy it to its fullest you need to love the drama. You need to truly dislike your opponents. I had respect for a few of ours, but that didn't mean I liked them. I've played on Private servers before and they're just not fun because there isn't a big enough player base. You give me a 300 v 300 siege, and I'd be more satisfied.

Closed NA beta until this past summer. No doubt I'll be seeing you in Lineage 3.
Jan 14, 2008 10:08 AM

Dec 2007
Paws said:
Valakas Slain on Lionna - I post this only to show that this isn't a Joke 2cent clan.

That was the clan I was in, or its sister clan, LittlePigs. We were far from the pisspoor retail players you listed. The alliance is now called BOSS, and it is still run by mostly the same players. In numbers we were under-dogs. The last thing I did in game was take back Aden. The whole server showed up to defend it, I think it was 400-500 people in the defense channel, and we had around 200, and we still won. I'm not talking from some noob POV.

Someone who is a bought toon will generally be like that, just be all balls and no skill. I don't want you to think that everyone is like that, because there are plenty of quality players on retail. Not to mention dedicated. Invincible/BOSS has been fighting against mostly the same enemies since they USED Invincible to build up their numbers and then bail to turn on the leaders of the alliance and steal its castles.

As for the balance issue, this is not a problem that is native to Lineage 2. It does seem to be rather prominent though(probably due to the PURE pvp nature of the game.) Generally archers are considered the running OP class in the game. Unless the Khamael's expansion somehow changed that. Don't get me wrong here, the fact that there is always an overpowered class is natural. And I'm not pissing on Lineage 2 because of it. I happen to think that L2 is an epic game, that deserves mention. It's just not for every one. In order to enjoy it to its fullest you need to love the drama. You need to truly dislike your opponents. I had respect for a few of ours, but that didn't mean I liked them. I've played on Private servers before and they're just not fun because there isn't a big enough player base. You give me a 300 v 300 siege, and I'd be more satisfied.

Closed NA beta until this past summer. No doubt I'll be seeing you in Lineage 3.

4 to 500? That's not even near the entire server. Lol even my server used to count twice, if not, triple the amount of people, and there everyone was level 78 and everyone was doing nothing else but PVP. Versuvio server, you might have heard of it. World's first PVP server, and pretty much everyone know's of it as it has runned in C2, C3, and C4 with all together around 10,000+ registered.

And i pretty much rape any archer as: Warlord, Gladiator, Paladin, Dark Avenger, Tyrant, Sorcerer and Spellsinger. Not to mention Shillien Knight, which is considered to be the best PVP tank. It depends on where you do the fight, and HOW you fight. I've seen prophets winning versus daggers, and elven elders turning nukers inside-out. And believe me, their opponents knew how to play their class, i only invited really good players to that event (all top 3 of olympiad rankings).

I have no idea if i'm going with Lineage 3 or not though. I can't judge it untill i seen it. Lineage 2 is godlike, but that doesn't mean NCSoft is so too, i first want to see if their 3rd game in this series will be just as good. Since i heard they will be making their own engine, i am starting to have doubts about it.
Feb 9, 2009 11:19 AM
Dec 2007
Orc Fighter -> Orc Raider -> Destroyer -> Titan FTW
Mar 12, 2009 5:09 AM

Jan 2009
My favourite class is Hawkeye.
Hawkeye is very good class - own in PvP and he look like nice :P
Jun 25, 2009 9:32 PM

Sep 2008
I love Wind Rider , its weak in group , but rocks alone , his speed is amazing
Dec 29, 2009 5:55 AM

Jul 2009
necromancer and prophet,they are really good :P
Apr 23, 2010 10:56 PM

Jan 2009
My fav class is Spellsinger, 'cuz they lvl up freakin' fast and are pretty good in pvp :3, besides it's my first char ever. I like Arbalesters too, they're fast.. at some point I was thinking "lol, this is as if I am playing with mage". Abyss Walkers aren't bad, but for me - they're slow. D: So, yeah, it's the spellsinger <3
Aug 12, 2010 6:45 AM

Nov 2008
wind rider ^^

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Introductions

Chavez - Dec 24, 2007

14 by Gyarutsundere »»
Jun 11, 2013 7:07 AM

» Extraordinary video's...

Chavez - Jan 4, 2008

3 by Paws »»
Jan 10, 2008 10:50 AM

» The manual to being a GM; By Chavez.

Chavez - Jan 6, 2008

0 by Chavez »»
Jan 6, 2008 9:21 AM

» Lineage 2 concept art!

Chavez - Dec 24, 2007

2 by Chavez »»
Jan 4, 2008 8:37 AM

» Request for help!

Chavez - Dec 25, 2007

2 by Chavez »»
Jan 4, 2008 5:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.