Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2015 4:26 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Slow episode. There were some music but the competition isn't really out there. It's more like the dancers being good role models for other kids or their fans.
Apr 19, 2015 4:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Man Satoshi's voice actor was annoying to listen to. But it was still a touching story about family, and I'm always a sucker for family dramas. We finally got Yuuji's back story, he always seemed mysterious in that aspect whenever he got serious and his crew was holding back on the info. Yuuji's extremely silly most of the time, so it was nice to see a different side of him, and why he is so hard on himself and serious when it comes to dancing. Lol when Kanon excitedly raised her hand for Haneru XD Aside from Haneru not fully concentrating on the battle, his moves were lacking compared to Yuuji's. But I like how Haneru accepted that Yuuji won fair and square, and promises not to lose next time.

Looks like back to another comedic episode next week!
Apr 19, 2015 9:18 PM

Dec 2013
If all the episodes were like this one, I'm pretty sure the show would have a much better rating. It was a nice way to build Yuuji's character, seeing as up until this point we had only thought of him as Haneru's flirtatious cup-and-ball-playing rival. More than that, though, this was a really good way to show how dance battles go in real life, and to be honest Yuuji's second set would've decided the battle even without the whole "focus" reasoning that's meant to appeal to kids. I'm hoping they have more one-on-one battles like this because it feels a lot more realistic than having crews go up and take turns doing their choreographed routines. Usually group routines would be the first part in a competition and then every subsequent round would be unchoreographed crew battles.
Also really liked that you could see the battle mentality while they were watching each other's sets. I didn't expect Haneru and Yuuji to get all up in each other's faces and have all their hand taunts, so it was a cool little bonus that really shows Sunrise wasn't being lazy with their research and actual animation.

Anyway, nice to see that Haneru can dance in a way that looks non-choreographed, and I'm looking forward to the next actual dance-related thing in the show!
Apr 19, 2015 10:49 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
GengaJupite said:

Also really liked that you could see the battle mentality while they were watching each other's sets. I didn't expect Haneru and Yuuji to get all up in each other's faces and have all their hand taunts, so it was a cool little bonus that really shows Sunrise wasn't being lazy with their research and actual animation.

While I liked how they were up in each other's faces and also the hand taunts, I find it kind of odd that Haneru knows how the culture of dance battles when he only learned about it not too long ago (iirc, I mean he even kind of "just" started dancing). But yes, it was still cool X) Would like to see a crew dance battle with a crowd and all the gestures and hand signs, now that would be awesome. Haneru dancing freestyle was definitely a plus.
Apr 19, 2015 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Yuji won the dance battle against Haneru.
Apr 20, 2015 10:09 PM

Oct 2011
Dat dance battle. Could not keep my eye off it
Apr 28, 2015 12:09 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Nice episode! I've usually thought, "Here comes this muhfugga" whenever Yuji appeared, but I loved how this episode shined some light on him and his family. It's always great to know where characters are coming from.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 7, 2015 4:05 AM

Mar 2008
Yuji is definitely the better dancer of the two. Watching him and his crew dance has been the highlight of the show for me. Though Mizuki is also a joy to watch.
God damn! I need more dance battles like this one. x3 And more Yuji, please! =D
Apr 13, 2016 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
Yuji was always one of my favorites even though he's so obnoxious and I like him even more after this episode. I'm rooting for him more than the main characters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tribe Cool Crew Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2014

6 by FoxGodSwiper »»
Aug 7, 2017 12:59 PM

Poll: » Tribe Cool Crew Episode 42 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2015

5 by CG »»
Apr 2, 2017 11:46 AM

Poll: » Tribe Cool Crew Episode 50 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

19 by CG »»
Mar 30, 2017 1:30 AM

Poll: » Tribe Cool Crew Episode 45 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2015

11 by JizzyHitler »»
May 12, 2016 9:16 PM

Poll: » Tribe Cool Crew Episode 31 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2015

7 by JizzyHitler »»
Apr 17, 2016 5:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.