Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 11, 2015 1:02 PM

Aug 2010
damastah said:
astroprogs said:

The main character can understandably make or break an anime to some people. It's a perfectly reasonable to prefer a show to another based solely on that aspect.

Yes and Shirou is the way he is in this adaptation due to the adapters.

They don't know that. You can't blame the viewer for the adaptation's shortcomings.
Apr 11, 2015 1:03 PM

Jun 2014
astroprogs said:
They don't know that. You can't blame the viewer for the adaptation's shortcomings.

This is where Fai comes in then.
Apr 11, 2015 1:11 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
damastah said:

Yes and Shirou is the way he is in this adaptation due to the adapters.

THe sad thing is - most people will think that is how it is in FSN canon too.

I already am unable to prove anything about SAO to people, this will be even worse.
Apr 11, 2015 1:57 PM

Nov 2010
People still believe SAO is generic battle shounen and not psychological thriller where video games are only plot device?
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Apr 11, 2015 2:03 PM

Jul 2007
Aurioch said:
People still believe SAO is generic battle shounen and not psychological thriller where video games are only plot device?

SAO2 helped a bit to alleviate that but people sitll believe that Kirito is a self-insert who wins through asspulls and is overpowered dumb teenager
Apr 11, 2015 2:03 PM

Jun 2014
Aurioch said:

SAO Arc 4 aka Project Alicization isn't even about gaming anymore xD
Apr 11, 2015 2:11 PM

Nov 2010
damastah said:
Aurioch said:

SAO Arc 4 aka Project Alicization isn't even about gaming anymore xD

I know that, I've read Alicization... and I'm right now on damned cliffhanger when

The wait for translation of next volume is killing me >.<

CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:

SAO2 helped a bit to alleviate that but people sitll believe that Kirito is a self-insert who wins through asspulls and is overpowered dumb teenager

That might've been true for earlier volumes (Aincrad arc which wasn't expanded necessarily enough until addition of various sidestories), but the more author is releasing novels, the whole SAO gets way better as a whole.
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Apr 11, 2015 2:38 PM

Jul 2007
NO way in hell would I want to be Kirito. I would be suicidal with that much trauma.
Apr 11, 2015 3:09 PM

Oct 2014
One reaction up https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6TqjHfmZl0 (haven't watched myself yet)
Apr 11, 2015 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
http://thesaltclub.chatango.com/ Over here, Jamesu-chan.
Apr 11, 2015 4:42 PM

Sep 2014
what in the unholy pits happened. so there is 3 clubs now....and the gif in fais sig is absolutely glorious
Apr 11, 2015 4:45 PM

Jan 2014
Just join the chatroom, Billy. We'll tell you there.
Apr 11, 2015 9:25 PM

Jul 2007
I wish there was a way to show in MAL favorites page that you like the VN Rin and not the anime Rin.

I would not ever want someone to assume I associate with the abusive bitch in anime.
Apr 11, 2015 9:27 PM

Sep 2014
Then it wouldn't be my anime list.

(And holy crap that gif is glorious)
Apr 11, 2015 9:34 PM

Sep 2014
So there is a "why isn't this like Fate/Zero" thread on the cour 2 subforum. On a scale of 1 to JC Staff how bad is it?
Apr 11, 2015 9:43 PM

Jul 2007
OutsideDecorator said:
So there is a "why isn't this like Fate/Zero" thread on the cour 2 subforum. On a scale of 1 to JC Staff how bad is it?

"HF is most mature route and UBW is pretty shoneny and less canon than HF which is fit sequel to Zero"
Apr 12, 2015 2:54 AM

Jan 2014
OutsideDecorator said:

Just some dude lying about how he read the VN.
Apr 12, 2015 3:00 AM

May 2014
WormPriest said:
OutsideDecorator said:

Just some dude lying about how he read the VN.

The guy who made it was a troll. A pretty funny one too.

He made a "Why is animes sah bad these daiz" thread in GD too, people still have some of his quotes as sigs.
Apr 12, 2015 3:02 AM

Jan 2014
Yeah, someone linked it in the thread.

Anyways, go become chatango right fucking now.
Apr 12, 2015 3:20 AM

Feb 2009
Yay, 15 min ban for "spam".
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Apr 12, 2015 3:26 AM

Jan 2014
lel
Apr 12, 2015 3:58 AM

May 2014
haha now I'm banned

15 minutes later
Apr 12, 2015 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
Admittedly, TrueKireiPriest went waaaay too far, which is the reason why I took over. I mean, he even exploited a bug which shouldn't have been there... How do you kick a creator anyway? I've already sent out quite a few PMs, but once more, I apologize on behalf of anyone who's been inconvenienced by this.

As I said, for those of you who've left/been kicked out, you're welcome to return and reassume your previous positions in the old club, though of course, since this new club has already gained 20+ members, it's probably a little too late for that.

...still, the presence of what's now four clubs is pretty bothering, and confusing too~ Ugu~

Also notable, the amount of people hating on Fai was itself becoming more and more unjustifiable, so I'd like to apologize in that regard too. In a way, Fai, I'm glad you're still standing strong, bitterness or no bitterness. Same goes for the rest of you too - harassment and victimization is rather bothersome too, and doesn't help anything, especially when it's followed up by what may very well be a hostile takeover. This wasn't the way to go.

In any case, I'm sure things will smoothen out over time, both the salt side and the hype side~ I realize now that it's kinda like two sides of the same coin, so it's silly to try and erase one side over the other. There's been a lot of frustration floating around lately on both sides, both from those who dislike the adaption and from those who dislike those expressing their own dislike. Aaannnndddd, needless to say, the latter got a bit out of hand. I trust that you guys are understanding, so hopefully this won't generate further bias towards or against anyone~

Overall, let's hope that something like this doesn't happen again~ ^^

CookingPriest said:
Aurioch said:

Well, if A1 ever chooses to adapt Alicization I'm sure that it'll be able to help convince people otherwise. Assuming of course that it's faithful to the source material.
CarenPriestessApr 12, 2015 5:12 AM

Apr 12, 2015 9:29 AM

Jun 2014
CarenPriest said:
In any case, I'm sure things will smoothen out over time, both the salt side and the hype side~ I realize now that it's kinda like two sides of the same coin, so it's silly to try and erase one side over the other. There's been a lot of frustration floating around lately on both sides, both from those who dislike the adaption and from those who dislike those expressing their own dislike.

Let 'em fight. It'll give me more yuetsu in the end.
Apr 12, 2015 11:37 AM

Jul 2013
damastah said:
CarenPriest said:
In any case, I'm sure things will smoothen out over time, both the salt side and the hype side~ I realize now that it's kinda like two sides of the same coin, so it's silly to try and erase one side over the other. There's been a lot of frustration floating around lately on both sides, both from those who dislike the adaption and from those who dislike those expressing their own dislike.

Ugu.

But it'd be messeh, and most people wouldn't like iitttt ;.;

Apr 12, 2015 11:38 AM

Jun 2014
CarenPriest said:
damastah said:

Ugu.

But it'd be messeh, and most people wouldn't like iitttt ;.;

FAITO. FAITO. FAAAAAAAAAAAITTTTOOOO!!!!
Apr 12, 2015 11:48 AM

Aug 2013
Gotta say, I'm pretty new to the MAL community, and that all this club business is going over my head. Don't really get why every anime site has to have drama. People take da interwebz way too seriously.

On a another note, though, this lot does seem more mature than the other. Will I be branded as a heretic here if I say "Bazett>Caren"?
I don't like novels that end happily. They depress me so much.
Apr 12, 2015 12:05 PM

Dec 2013
KanadeSong said:
Gotta say, I'm pretty new to the MAL community, and that all this club business is going over my head. Don't really get why every anime site has to have drama. People take da interwebz way too seriously.

On a another note, though, this lot does seem more mature than the other. Will I be branded as a heretic here if I say "Bazett>Caren"?
No because that's the truth
BAN ME
Apr 12, 2015 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
MyNameIsJeff said:
KanadeSong said:

You people are mean .____. Well, it's okay to like Bazett over Caren, so long as you still like Caren to some extent.

And eh, yeah, it'd be nice if everyone could take this stuff less seriously~

Apr 12, 2015 12:13 PM

Jun 2014
CarenPriest said:
MyNameIsJeff said:

You people are mean .____. Well, it's okay to like Bazett over Caren, so long as you still like Caren to some extent.

They're both good girls.
Apr 12, 2015 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, people here reply fast.

MAL mechonics 3complicated5me. Still trying to figure out how the "quote" button works.

CarenPriest said:
MyNameIsJeff said:

Sorry :( I'll try to like Caren more. Bazett is still a better bbq grill, though.
Apr 12, 2015 12:33 PM

Jan 2014
Y'all should join in the chatango group. It's pretty much our GD right now.
Apr 12, 2015 12:40 PM

Sep 2014
Nazi mod included
Apr 12, 2015 12:41 PM

Feb 2009
WormPriest said:
Y'all should join in the chatango group. It's pretty much our GD right now.

+ pic dump thread for Fai.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Apr 12, 2015 12:43 PM

Jul 2014
What happened? I am so confused. I really want to avoid cour2 subforum if possible but no one's talking UBW in any of the 50 clubs there now are. O.O
Apr 12, 2015 12:44 PM

Jun 2014
demonicpudding said:
What happened? I am so confused. I really want to avoid cour2 subforum if possible but no one's talking UBW in any of the 50 clubs there now are. O.O

The war happened.
Apr 12, 2015 12:45 PM

Dec 2013
demonicpudding said:
worm let TKP be an admin
TKP kicked the admins and the creator somehow
and took the club for himself
now we have a new club
and caren took over the old one
BAN ME
Apr 12, 2015 12:52 PM

Jul 2014
How...silly. They already had a club. Why, then?

And now the salty people have migrated to chatango? What a fiasco.
Apr 12, 2015 12:55 PM

Feb 2009
It's because TK is an attention whore and Worm is naive. smh
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Apr 12, 2015 12:57 PM

Jan 2014
I.. am not!
Apr 12, 2015 12:59 PM

Jun 2014
demonicpudding said:

Define salty people.
Apr 12, 2015 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
...Everything is starting to make sense now.

So this is the real (ass)Holy Grail War.
Apr 12, 2015 1:04 PM

Feb 2009
It's all about the surprise butt secks and who will get the final dip.
Stev said:
ayy lmao
Apr 12, 2015 1:05 PM

Jul 2014
damastah said:
demonicpudding said:

Define salty people.

Fai and his sock puppets, of course.
Jk, jk please don't kick me out
Apr 12, 2015 1:19 PM

Jun 2014
demonicpudding said:
damastah said:

Define salty people.

Fai and his sock puppets, of course.
Jk, jk please don't kick me out

Interesting.
Apr 12, 2015 2:44 PM

Nov 2010
Well, I watched ep last night, and might share some thoughts.

Caster flashback expansion was nice to see, but...
I got a different impression for Caster's original Master from the anime compared to the VN.

From VN, I had the impression of him being a very capable mage, but very afraid of Caster's capabilities, which made him use 2 Command Spells to seal completely Rule Breaker and to limit Caster's output, if I remember correctly.

In anime... he's a douche. Period. Even more arrogant than Kayneth and too proud of himself, and doesn't like to be ordered nor does he like when someone tells him he's wrong. Wanting to get rid of Caster like that just puts a Golden Seal of Douchebagginess on him.

Well, at least I hope it will to some extent show how big of a powerhouse Caster is... something anime failed to portray correctly in my opinion.

Shirou and Rin segments were nice, and so was Illya in the castle. However, that Shinji scene was... urgh... I still don't know what to make out of it. On one hand, it's obvious that Liz is only threatening Shinji, while on the other hand, while Shinji is pushing halberd away from him, Liz is shaking too much when you consider their difference in strength (Liz is Servant level with STR ranked B-).

Gil showing respect to Sella for her loyalty to Illya was also nice to see.
Preview was godlike.
astroprogs said:

Not air.
Apr 12, 2015 2:45 PM

Feb 2015
Posted the same thing again,Auriorch.....Its tough life being a fate fan...
Apr 12, 2015 3:10 PM

Jul 2007
Aurioch said:
Well, I watched ep last night, and might share some thoughts.

Caster flashback expansion was nice to see, but...
I got a different impression for Caster's original Master from the anime compared to the VN.

From VN, I had the impression of him being a very capable mage, but very afraid of Caster's capabilities, which made him use 2 Command Spells to seal completely Rule Breaker and to limit Caster's output, if I remember correctly.

In anime... he's a douche. Period. Even more arrogant than Kayneth and too proud of himself, and doesn't like to be ordered nor does he like when someone tells him he's wrong. Wanting to get rid of Caster like that just puts a Golden Seal of Douchebagginess on him.

Well, at least I hope it will to some extent show how big of a powerhouse Caster is... something anime failed to portray correctly in my opinion.

Shirou and Rin segments were nice, and so was Illya in the castle. However, that Shinji scene was... urgh... I still don't know what to make out of it. On one hand, it's obvious that Liz is only threatening Shinji, while on the other hand, while Shinji is pushing halberd away from him, Liz is shaking too much when you consider their difference in strength (Liz is Servant level with STR ranked B-).

Gil showing respect to Sella for her loyalty to Illya was also nice to see.
Preview was godlike.

TBH beating up a random woman beating idiot magus who has not shown any sort of real skill does not really do anything for caster's cred. Now if the master was actually capable paranoid overpowered magus prick and caster outsmarted and beat him...that would have helped.

Now? Nope.
Apr 13, 2015 11:09 AM

Aug 2014
So this is what happens when I get banned lol
Apr 13, 2015 11:10 AM

Jan 2014
Yes. The whole world collapses.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» cancer

Insertanamehere - Apr 13, 2015

0 by Insertanamehere »»
Apr 13, 2015 12:53 PM

Poll: » le memz

4 by Falo0da »»
Apr 13, 2015 12:41 PM

» RIP

5 by AirConditioner »»
Apr 13, 2015 12:32 PM

» Best game

AirConditioner - Apr 11, 2015

4 by WrongPriest »»
Apr 11, 2015 5:50 PM

» [Character Discussion] Matou Shinji

AirConditioner - Apr 11, 2015

10 by ANGRY2011 »»
Apr 11, 2015 12:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.