Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 4, 2015 4:08 PM

Dec 2009
Erneste said:
zat-bust said:
I was anticipating the sequel to be against NBA, close enough

It just wouldn't work out.

Kuroko no Basket relies on too much fake abilities and styles to even pit the characters against the NBA.

Besides, GOM would get murdered anyways if NBA players took them seriously.
Jan 8, 2015 2:18 PM

Mar 2012
It's a shame that's only gonna be against this Jaggerwock team or whatever, but it is going to be amazing for sure! =D
Jan 8, 2015 2:29 PM

Mar 2012
The new "Dream Team" made up by the Generation of Miracles, Kagami and Kuroko it's just overpowered, Aomine with his 100% mid/close range shots, Midorima doesn't fail a 3 (we may see him failing one in this sequel though), Akashi the boss, Murasakibara awesome defense and offense, Kise the boss v2 because he can do basically anything the others can, Kuroko our loved passer which used to make 0 points per game and Kagami with extremely high skill for dunking and can also enter the zone basically when he wants to.

And stop comparing this to NBA, if this GoM was to go against an NBA team, the GoM would destroy it because they're basically all about fake abilities and styles. The game would be decided with just Midorima shooting 3s from their own paint. It's not even worth the time comparing, stop being dumb.
Jan 11, 2015 8:01 AM

Jul 2013
According to the color page their team is called Vorpal Swords which actually has sense when the American team is called Jabberwock. People really like Lewis Carroll http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vorpal_sword
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.
Jan 13, 2015 11:25 AM
Dec 2013
when the next chapter will come out? *-*
Jan 14, 2015 7:07 PM

Apr 2014
cannot believe we have to wait 2 months for a new chapter, this is absolute bull i cant wait that long!! D:
Jan 16, 2015 10:27 PM

May 2014
The Dream Team
Jan 24, 2015 4:16 PM

Oct 2011
byakatsu said:
cannot believe we have to wait 2 months for a new chapter, this is absolute bull i cant wait that long!! D:

What? Two months? REALLY?!
Jan 25, 2015 11:58 AM
Jan 2015
Does anyone know if it's gonna be always published every two months or will be in less time in the future TT
I can't wait that much!!
Jan 26, 2015 2:55 AM

Jul 2014
What's up with their torso lengths in the last pic? So stretched :o
Feb 3, 2015 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
Ana- said:
elenevans_ said:
Does anyone know if it's gonna be always published every two months or will be in less time in the future TT
I can't wait that much!!
It is and will always be every two months.

Two months.... I cry every time.
Feb 8, 2015 9:18 PM

Apr 2012
It's good and all that GoM and Kagami/Kuroko would team up but good gods does the villains have to be that stereotypical cartoonish american guys that we mostly see in this medium especially in this genre?
Feb 12, 2015 2:09 PM

Jul 2009
UGH!! I really can't wait to see the game! I mean, come on, Kagami and Aomine have GOT to have some streetball tricks up their sleeves! They did grow up playing bball in street courts right?! Specially Aomine!!

Kinda weird that Himuro didn't get to be on this special team ... he did grow up with Kagami, so he must have tricks, too? KYAH! Can't wait to see Kagami and Aomine playing bball with their own styles rather than be bound by rules!!
Feb 16, 2015 3:31 AM

Sep 2014
Waiting for next chapter.. 1st was good
Feb 21, 2015 7:24 AM

Apr 2011
It's so epic that almost made me cry LOL! *O*

I'm so hype for this >/////<

Can't wait for the next chapter!!!

GOM + Kuroko & Kagami = DREAM TEAM!!!

Feb 23, 2015 4:20 AM
Feb 2015
Stark700 said:
Heh it looks like it's back with Kuroko and the team in full force. I want to see how skilled those new guys are that were introduced in this chapter soon.

j0x said:
alright they gonna play against the americans just like how Eyeshield 21 final arc was

I should give Eyeshield 21 a try in the future.

I'm not saying that this is definitely the case but whenever I read KnB, I get the feeling that it is greatly inspired by Eyeshield 21.
e.g Kuroko's Vanishing Drive to Sena's Devil Bat Ghost
Akashi's ankle break to Akaba's Spider Poison
Kiyoshi to Musashi
Aomine to Agon.. but the latter has a worse personality
.. of course American Football is different from Basketball that's why Fujimaki cannot use most of Inagaki's ideas...

...and now an All Star(?) game between Japan and America.. I'm not saying it is bad. It's just that, for me, Eyeshield 21 manga (anime was too kiddified) outshines most of sports manga/anime that I've seen so seeing these few similarities leaves the impression that they're referencing from it.

Btw, Haikyuu and Slam Dunk are second best for me.. :D

P.S. Man, I really wish that somebody would do a remake of Eyeshield 21. I would prefer Production I.G. or Madhouse to do the deed.
Feb 24, 2015 7:10 PM

Feb 2011
Riko looks so cute in that hat.

The art is a bit different, awkward.

I feel like it's pretty damn stereotypical to make the Americans the gangsta type. At least Eyeshield 21 dealt head on with issues in their American team.

I loved seeing them all meet together haha, the rivalries. And Midorima with his lucky item. Why did you cut your hair, Kiseee. And I like long hair but Murasakibara needs a haircut. XP And Midorima looks weird with really short hair.

Wonder who the people on the bench will be?
眠れないのは君のせい
Feb 25, 2015 4:04 AM
Jul 2014
Ugh, I had hopes that they would portray an American team without the stereotype BS but I'm used to this stuff from Japan by now.

f4b10 said:

Also since im black, geez did they really had to put a white guy as the team captain for a team for USA street basket? >.> ( yeah i used the stereotype )

Yeah, I've seen very few white people participate in streetball tournaments. But I'm not going to be upset at Japan for this one. Nash Gold JR. was a straight up douche in this chapter. So I guess I'm partially glad that the "douche captain role" wasn't given to a black dude because we already have enough bad streotypes.
Mar 1, 2015 8:33 PM
Apr 2014
So, when is the second chapter coming out?
Mar 7, 2015 11:18 AM
Aug 2012
arlerted said:
I'M NOT SURE ON HOW TO REACT

I missed my Teiko babies and I'm glad that they are together... with the expected 'Versus The American' cliche.

But... But... But it was THISSSSSSS close to godmodding. It's not godmodding because it's Akashi-kun, though.

They have:
A guy that can shoot from anywhere
Two guys that can predict the future
Two overpowered beast
A guy that can copy any move (inculing parts of the moves above)
AND AN EQUIVALENT OF WALL MARIA TO BACK IT ALL UP

nicely said!!!
Btw isn't it time already for the 2nd chapter??
And their hairsyles are just something else
Mar 11, 2015 4:44 AM
Mar 2013
i am so excited to see them play together and how good they are
i just hope is not too short!
May 31, 2015 3:21 PM

Jun 2014
arlerted said:
I'M NOT SURE ON HOW TO REACT

I missed my Teiko babies and I'm glad that they are together... with the expected 'Versus The American' cliche.

But... But... But it was THISSSSSSS close to godmodding. It's not godmodding because it's Akashi-kun, though.

They have:
A guy that can shoot from anywhere
Two guys that can predict the future
Two overpowered beast
A guy that can copy any move (inculing parts of the moves above)
AND AN EQUIVALENT OF WALL MARIA TO BACK IT ALL UP

Don't get me started on the Zone.

I don't think you should call Murasakibara the equivalent of Wall Maria: that one crumbled. He's either the Colossal Titan or Levi with longer limbs.
Jun 14, 2015 5:30 AM
Jun 2014
Why don't they say how they performed in the Inter-High ?...
Jun 20, 2015 9:42 AM
May 2013
it seemed a bit too ridiculous to me......no matter who u are, in japan, if u do something against the law, ur gonna get arrested
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 5 Discussion

Tokoya - Aug 12, 2015

43 by a0i-kun »»
May 5, 6:34 AM

» Top Players In Order

Oreo_Assassin - Mar 11, 2016

13 by JL7-Raijin »»
Oct 22, 2020 12:07 PM

Poll: » Kuroko no Basket: Extra Game Chapter 8 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Mar 2, 2016

46 by xKiYoMiNaTiONx »»
Aug 25, 2016 10:48 AM

» JUMP next cover of Vol 1 2016 pays homage to Kuroko no Basket WSJ first appearance from january 2009 plus combined covers of both extra game volume tankobon

johnknight648 - Jul 29, 2016

0 by johnknight648 »»
Jul 29, 2016 8:55 PM

» Midorima...

Oreo_Assassin - Sep 5, 2015

6 by Marsh90 »»
Apr 30, 2016 8:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.