Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2014 8:29 PM
Feb 2014
I've seen the covers for Haganai's English Translated light novels, and geez do they look shit! Is there a way to get the light novels with the original covers (which look great) but have it still translated? I'm one for the physical stuff, dvds books games, so don't just tell me to read it online thanks.
Dec 6, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2013
zeroyalkiller267 said:
I've seen the covers for Haganai's English Translated light novels, and geez do they look shit! Is there a way to get the light novels with the original covers (which look great) but have it still translated? I'm one for the physical stuff, dvds books games, so don't just tell me to read it online thanks.

I think you are talking about the manga. The original source material for Haganai, the light novel, is currently not licensed in English. The manga is licensed in English however, so I feel you may be talking about the manga covers. I agree with you that the manga art is not that great. You say, that are more into physical copies, which is fine. I can't force you to read it on Baka Tsuki. But if I may speak as a fan, I highly recommend reading the light novels :). Hope the info was helpful.

Light Novel covers: http://haganai.wikia.com/wiki/Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai_Light_Novel_Volumes

Manga covers: http://www.gomanga.com/books/haganai-i-dont-have-many-friends/114
Dec 15, 2014 8:03 PM
Feb 2014
Thanks, yeah I never knew the Light Novels weren't licensed. It seems hardly any are, the only Light Novel series I've found to be Englished Licence is the Haruhi suzumiya series, it's a real shame, I would love to have the physical copies, but I will read from Baka Tsuki because it comes up a lot.
Dec 15, 2014 9:46 PM

Jul 2013
There are a decent number of liscensed Light Novels in English. Most of them have been liscensed by Yen Press (including Haruhi). Ohter titles liscensed by them include Sword Art Online, Accel World, A Certain Magical Index, Spice and Wolf. They have been gaining a good amount of popularity on an international level as well. So you can expect to see more liscensed in the future.

Here is the whole list of LNs liscensed by Yen Press:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yen_Press#Light_novels

There have been other novels liscenced by different companies in English, but they have been discontinued. An example would Shakugan no Shana which was discontinued in English after two volumes. Yen Press is reliable however and has yet to discontinue any LN series.

More topics from this board

» Still Want Friends?

Aarronin - Apr 11, 2016

1 by aurora_yuuki »»
Nov 7, 2022 5:01 AM

» Difference between this and the manga

XqlucivE - Aug 20, 2020

3 by Rowd »»
May 19, 2022 11:40 PM

» Volume 11 spoilers ( 1 2 )

Kirigaro92 - Aug 24, 2015

58 by goldfishluke »»
Sep 1, 2021 1:36 PM

» Volume 10 of light novel in English?

DeamonLordZack - Jun 12, 2016

0 by DeamonLordZack »»
Jun 12, 2016 8:05 PM

» Hagani Novel from Vol.1 to Vol.10

Man4life - May 29, 2016

0 by Man4life »»
May 29, 2016 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.