Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you watch more anime or read more manga?
Nov 22, 2014 10:51 PM
Jan 2014
My top picks are Haru from the swimming anime Free!, Oreki Houtarou from Hyouka, Train in the EARLY episodes of Black Cat, and finally Shiina Mashiro from Sakurasou. Haru was virtually emotionless when he was away from the water, or when not annoyed. It takes him till the very end. There was even a whole OVA episode devoted to his friends trying to get him to laugh, for the first time. Houtarou is a lazy student with an energy saving policy, he does n' t do anything he does n' t do anything he does n' t want to, and if does have to do something, he does it quickly. However, after meeting Chitanda Edu he joins newspaper type club and solving mysteries on the side. Slowly and reluctantly, much like Haru, he starts to show more emotion. Train goes through the most dramatic change, in my opinion, from a calm, collected prodigy assassin to a childish young teenager with a cat bell around his neck. I preferred his earlier temperament and seeing him slowly react to things, but for some his change could be gratifying, along with his commitments to his team. Finally, Shiina is a sheltered gifted artist that can't even dress herself with help. The term "Mashiro Duty" was invented just for her. Still, the more time she spends there (Sakurasou Dorm), she learns New things and starts to open up. Like both Haru and Houtarou, she has to come to place where she starts to speak up for what she values. Watching her go from helpless statue-like, aloof girl to a blushing, crying, and even at one point screaming girl is one of the importance/Entertaining elements of Kanejo no Pet Shop. Do you agree or disagree? Is there anyone else that comes to your mind?

-Kittyhawk09
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 4, 2015 2:44 PM
Jul 2014
One character that springs to mind that hasn't been mentioned yet is Tatsuya Shiba from Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei. He is definitely virtually emotionless and fits the profile of the numb killer.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.