Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 16, 2009 1:03 PM

Oct 2008
As of May 14th, 2009, Funimation has officially streamed full,... subtitled,... episodes... of One Piece starting with the Sabaody Archipelago arc on episode 391! And Funimation will stream english audio episodes and english-subtitled episodes of One Piece starting from episode 1! And if that wasn't big enough, Funimation will do a SIMULTANEOUS BROADCAST of One Piece starting with episode 403... ONE HOUR AFTER IT PREMIERES!!
You get to see all the Adventurous, Marine-Conspiracy glory all in one site!!

http://funimation.com/f_index.cfm?page=news

I'll admit it sucks that anime being broadcasted on Television is dying nowadays, but the fact that more animes are being broadcasted onlne through subtitles is big news! If Funimation, Viz media, and Bandai Entertainment streaming subtitled episodes of all these popular shows to the point of SIMULTANEOUS release doesn't prove that these industries care about anime, then I have NO freakin clue what does!
HypeathonMay 16, 2009 1:16 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 20, 2009 12:40 PM

Sep 2007
Digital seems the way to go these days. One Piece is that weird product that had all kinds of problems over state side. I think the mishandling of the series is the reason for why people used other means to watch it. (I didn't to use the very obvious pirate pun). I am glad the Funimation is doing what it can get people coming to their site for their needs.
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

May 21, 2009 6:07 PM

Oct 2008
doctor said:
Digital seems the way to go these days. One Piece is that weird product that had all kinds of problems over state side. I think the mishandling of the series is the reason for why people used other means to watch it. (I didn't to use the very obvious pirate pun). I am glad the Funimation is doing what it can get people coming to their site for their needs.

Personally I'm glad that Funimation licensed One Piece too, but it I don't think bad decisions were purposely made when 4kids had the license to One Piece at the time. True there were some unexpected things in the show that made me give a thumbs down at times, but one thing 4kids positively attempted to do (YES I said positively! That corporation actually has good qualities!), was bring One Piece to the broadest audience for the anime market.

I checked on some of the Shonen Jump volumes I bought from June-December 2006 and I noticed how there were ads for the One Piece video games, dvds, T-Shirts, action figures, plush dolls, even a card game! A CARD GAME!! How many animes ever have a card game merchandised?! Not a lot. Only Yugioh, DBZ, Zatch Bell, Bleach, and Pokemon have premiered card games and they all were highly anticipated hits.

So when One Piece was Televised, automaticaly would there be merchandise. 4kids despite being a corporation tried to bring out the broadest audience for not just One Piece fans, but people who are into pirates, are into anime in general, or never heard of anime but happen to like it's art style.

I just wanted to throw that stuff out there. But yeah I think One Piece having a simulcast was a god decision on Funimations part, now if only fans would just be more appreciative that not only did Funimation bother to license the anime, but have it streamed online around the same time it premieres in Japan. It's sad because 4/5 of the people on this site truly believe anime is free media with a sacred language when it's really an art to be given proper respect, with just different language. Japanese is a cool language, but it's not the first language to ever exist. What happened to Egyptian, hieroglyphics, french, spanish, or Italian ya know?
May 28, 2009 4:08 PM

Sep 2007
I would have said Latin, but I see what you are getting at. Now I never said they purposely made the changes for the show to fail. I am the kind of guy that does everything they can to find the good in any series, so I can see how you are trying to put a positive spin on it. The thing is as much as we think they are doing it for us, companies are just trying to make money. It's obvious there is a lot of merchandise.

It is interesting that you say that the art style is something that people like. In my experience, from both audiences, the art is usually the reason people turn away from the show.

I think that people use 4Kids as a means to show what companies over here are doing wrong and enforce their stand on subs. Now with Funimation doing their best with the series, it might be able to erase that stigma left behind by 4Kids.
SSAA Podcast<-A show about things involving stuff, mainly about anime, dramas and whatever comes to mind.

Follow me on Twitter

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» rightstuf.com

alchemist2113 - Mar 19, 2013

1 by heartpunch »»
Nov 3, 2013 8:01 AM

» Goodbay Club

almozayaf - Oct 15, 2011

0 by almozayaf »»
Oct 15, 2011 12:07 PM

» Where to Legally Watch Anime Online

Thorn_Pilgrim - May 27, 2010

2 by Hypeathon »»
Sep 29, 2010 1:57 PM

» Leading the whole &quot;Save the Anime Industry&quot; by example idea

Hypeathon - May 8, 2009

1 by coolcat »»
Sep 29, 2010 1:49 PM

» i have few qution to all member of these club

almozayaf - Oct 2, 2009

5 by coolcat »»
Sep 29, 2010 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.