Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2014 9:13 PM

Jun 2014
Okay, I really don't get much the ending. Did they reincarnated or did they meet in heaven?

And I am still affected by the fact that Takiko died, and I also think that it's somehow contradicting to the anime because it said there that Einosuke Okuda killed Takiko when she returned to the real world, not after summoning Genbu. And, why did Takiko get devoured? She got a strong will. It says that if the priestess has a strong will, she will not get devour.

OMG SOMEBODY EXPLAIN THIS TO ME. *sobs*
TyrelJun 25, 2014 3:24 AM
Jun 25, 2014 3:24 AM

Sep 2011
Thread Moved
Dec 28, 2014 11:33 PM

Jul 2014
Reincarnate? You mean Tamahome? He appeared in the last scene (ring and all) because he somehow made it to Miaka's world. Can't really say he was reincarnated though since he's the same age and has full knowledge of who he is. If you watch the OVAs, his and Miaka's circumstances (and how they managed to live together in the same world despite Tamahome being a character from a book, etc) are explained further.

As for Takiko's death.... she was killed by her father before Einosuke committed suicide. I can only assume that Takiko's 2nd or 3rd wish was to return to her real world. In the process, she was about to be devoured by Genbu (due to her will not being strong enough unlike Miaka and the Byakko priestess who lived through their 3 wishes without problems) which appeared in her home in the real world (like how Seiryuu and Suzaku appeared in the city when they were summoned) thus the crater forming in the terrain where it supposedly appeared. Her father killed her just as she was about to lose it (much like what happened to Yui) since he couldn't stand seeing his daughter being devoured.

All this is just from my own understanding after watching the entire series + OVAs. :)
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jul 23, 2015 8:38 AM

Jun 2014
raenydays said:
Reincarnate? You mean Tamahome? He appeared in the last scene (ring and all) because he somehow made it to Miaka's world. Can't really say he was reincarnated though since he's the same age and has full knowledge of who he is. If you watch the OVAs, his and Miaka's circumstances (and how they managed to live together in the same world despite Tamahome being a character from a book, etc) are explained further.

As for Takiko's death.... she was killed by her father before Einosuke committed suicide. I can only assume that Takiko's 2nd or 3rd wish was to return to her real world. In the process, she was about to be devoured by Genbu (due to her will not being strong enough unlike Miaka and the Byakko priestess who lived through their 3 wishes without problems) which appeared in her home in the real world (like how Seiryuu and Suzaku appeared in the city when they were summoned) thus the crater forming in the terrain where it supposedly appeared. Her father killed her just as she was about to lose it (much like what happened to Yui) since he couldn't stand seeing his daughter being devoured.

All this is just from my own understanding after watching the entire series + OVAs. :)

Hi, I've finally read the manga and came to understand the whole plot. Thanks for answering :)
May 8, 2017 1:15 AM
Oikawa's Wife

Feb 2012
Heya~ Just wondering, where did you find a place to read Fushigi Yuugi because I can't find anything? :(
Nov 19, 2017 9:55 AM
Aug 2016
Ivy said:

If the Miko's will is strong, she wouldn't be devoured. And here I am, still wonder how can Takiko be devoured since she was so brave and strong til the bitter end. Guess the Phoenix God was just being mercy toward Miaka, but the Turtle (Genbu) God wasn't as merciful. And yeah, it was such a disadvantage to be the first one on the line to test tho
Feb 5, 2023 7:14 PM
Feb 2023
I just rewatched the anime but Genbu Kaiden is my favorite and if I recall Takiko was sick and going to die so she summoned Genbu bc she thought she was dead anyway. I haven't read it in a while but maybe that's why she wasn't strong enough.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Eikoden Episode 4 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Oct 22, 2010

5 by BlaizeV »»
Sep 3, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Eikoden Episode 3 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Oct 19, 2010

2 by Konani »»
Oct 29, 2016 5:04 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi Eikoden Episode 2 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Oct 17, 2010

3 by Konani »»
Oct 29, 2016 4:34 PM

Poll: » Fushigi Yuugi: Eikouden Episode 1 Discussion

MistyBlue - May 21, 2016

1 by Konani »»
Oct 29, 2016 4:08 PM

» Fushigi Yuugi Eikoden?

Lilly1x - Feb 10, 2009

3 by KenShiRo-Sama »»
Jun 12, 2010 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.