Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 10, 2014 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
AlphaDelta said:
I wasn't so keen on the ending of the actual series but I really liked the ending of this special. It felt appropriate. Overall I thought it was humorous and heart-warming, especially the first half. =)

I'm only disappointed in the fact that we didn't see Kyoya's alias, Oreman.

It was great to see the girls and Kyouya again.^^

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that was disappointed by the lack of Oreman. I love how all the girls swoon for it, lol.
May 10, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2013
Overall a really big letdown.
May 11, 2014 6:08 AM

May 2009
AlphaDelta said:
I'm only disappointed in the fact that we didn't see Kyoya's alias, Oreman.

This. It was the only thing missing in this special.

Kinda surprise it took him so long to ask Mao why she was so distant. Should have guessed she missed the original GJ Club, but didn't want to admit it. And can Mao leaving her mark on Kyoya be considered love bites? =3

Also liked the return of the junior GJ Club.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 12, 2014 2:48 AM

Dec 2013
Really nice episode! Loved how the characters still feel the same as in the TV series. Really touching ending to it as well. Great Job to the producers! Waiting for Season 2 now.

NY=GJ. That logic though!
May 12, 2014 10:38 AM

Sep 2011
This show continues to be as enjoyable as ever.
May 12, 2014 7:20 PM

Jul 2012
Aww...I totally forgot how bad this anime was: Poor Kyouya....I feel bad for the guy since all the members kind of mess around with him a little too much. Meh, least he gets to hang out and have fun with lots of cute girls. o-o

Umm...so it's back! Just an OVA though.... :P I expected more from this! New York trip, yet they just stayed in the club all day!? D: Man! That sucks. xD Oh well....least they had some fun...I suppose? o-o

Other than that, the ending was pretty sad, all of them having fun for the last time....it looks like, since Mao, Shion, and Kiara aren't coming back...you know...graduation and stuff. :P

Overall, it was an alright OVA....I expected WAY more from this, but, I don't expect a lot from this anime anyways. :P

2nd season? I'm hearing a lot from people that a second season is possible, but I doubt it. I don't have high hopes for one, though. :3
May 13, 2014 11:38 PM

May 2010
Finally Gj-bu, wooohooo! I had been waiting for this since like forever...

Dat New York scenery. Dat catchy OP got reanimated! (well, some parts)

Ohh, Mori-san did all that work, can't deny that at all. Magi reference! Hayate no Gotoku too (Not that I've watched it) I think, I saw Psycho Pass as well (not watched it either)

Poor invisible Tama xD Shion and her hamburger obsession xD. Poor Megumi,haha.

Those american clothes esp. Megumi! Oh my God, Mori is delivering the food XD Imoutos are really something.

I missed the twirlzzz. This made me hungry... He's back! She's back!

They finally went out... but that got off-screened xD Officially out later, kinda weird to see Gj-bu cast outside but weird in a good way.

Megumi with her hair down <3

Lol, I thought Megumi would act all mushy-mushy with Kyoro since she was all dressed up like that, something which will make her sister jealous/over-protective and she will finally talk with Kyoro on impulse. Guess I was just desperate for some Megumi x Kyoro...

ED song felt so special this episode... It had it's cheesy scenes but overall, super-duper heartwarming... Gj-bu forever!

First half was 9/10, 2nd half was 10/10. I don't care if I am being biased, 10/10
May 14, 2014 1:03 AM

Apr 2012
well thats was a rather feels ep, i thought they wrapped this show up glad they didnt, i hope theres a season2
May 17, 2014 6:36 AM

Mar 2013
This is such an awesome Special i really feel the Nostalgia feeling at the end that was very nice of them their bonds and friendship are just so great 9/10 for me i`m hoping for a season 2 :)
May 17, 2014 9:38 AM
May 2013
nice special, hope there will be another sequel like a new season but, i think it will be no longer a GJ club without the three Seniors....

goodbye, Shii ;_;) /
May 24, 2014 5:41 AM

Mar 2014
Megs-Spoilers Down here.

GJ-Bu Goes to America!! (though still in the club room)
Looks like the Whole Gang went there.
Hamburgers!! Dem Love Hamburgers! (especially Shion!)
Kyouya Cross-Dressing!!
They Never Went outside lol.
GJ-Bu Lost Time !!!
Mao in Heels!! Tall Enough.
Kirara, Megumi and Shion in tuxedo format!!
Gj-Bu Sleepover on the School!!!
Gj-Bu Rocks!!
Gj-Bu Night Out!!

OVA was great!! still has the Enjoyable Atmosphere on it The Same Feelings I get throughout the Whole Series was in here too . The Characters barely change Still the Club That Acts together and Stays Together with their motto : "Our Bonds are Eternal" of the Graduation Ceremony. I admit I felt sad on the ending , I Nearly cried because of its Dramatic Approach on me. Dem Feels like I want to have another series or anything from it Because I love the anime.
Personally Saying , Mao Still Childish to everyone and Kyouya being a pussy much . But Still can't hate them Because its part of their personality and another part of it is the Good points like the Kindness of kyouya or leadership of Mao . I like the others too. Both Appearance and Attitude all together .
Hard to say Good bye Damn it....shion, kirara and mao. Feel like crying now...
Overall Conclusion , This Anime Rocks!!!!!
Wishing it to have more seasons to go :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2007
That's not the GJ-bu I know and love.

Damn, it sucked.
Jun 1, 2014 2:48 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely finish special of what happens to everyone after they graduated, a trip to New York and a short reunion sure were lovely! A pretty good series in general I must say!
Jun 9, 2014 3:20 AM

May 2013
This was so very refreshing. It's been like a year since I watched GJ-bu, and it was one of my favorite slice of life anime. Watching this now was so great, and it was even better how it was 45 minutes. Really enjoyed this.

EDIT: Actually, it's been exactly a year since I started watching GJ-bu (2013 June 9). Thought that was pretty interesting.
VoduuJun 9, 2014 3:27 AM
Insert philosophical quote or exceptional picture here.
Jun 17, 2014 7:19 AM

May 2010
Voduu said:
This was so very refreshing. It's been like a year since I watched GJ-bu, and it was one of my favorite slice of life anime. Watching this now was so great, and it was even better how it was 45 minutes. Really enjoyed this.

EDIT: Actually, it's been exactly a year since I started watching GJ-bu (2013 June 9). Thought that was pretty interesting.

Wow, that's cool.
Jun 23, 2014 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
I miss that maid-spin so much xD
I could smell some jealousy from here
Ham..baaa..ga!

The 2nd part...
Such a heartwarming thing
"Signature removed"
Jul 6, 2014 1:57 AM

Jun 2014
This is terrible. I'm actually crying. I can't tell if its happy crying or not though. I love this show so much, it seriously shot its way into my heart and made me feel like no other anime i have ever seen before. I would put my life savings into a second season of this show. Well...not really but you get my point!
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Aug 11, 2014 12:01 AM

Jun 2011
I liked the first part about NYC GJ-bu, but really disliked the second part with the unnecessary drama and kinda ooc character(s).
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 27, 2014 3:53 AM

Aug 2010
This was one emotional roller coaster for me that's for sure. On the one hand it was great to see all the characters I hold so dear again in new situations, but on the other hand, this was a final goodbye to the GJ-bu which saddens me to a great extent. 7/GJ-bu.
Oct 5, 2014 4:30 PM

Oct 2014
It was refreshing to see all of them again

even thought for me this special wasn't as good and funny as other episodes

especially second part of it
Nov 21, 2014 2:34 AM
Aug 2014
So that was season 2? Well I guess that was a good way to tie it up.. 8/10
Dec 23, 2014 2:00 AM

Oct 2013
Mao = mega bitch-chan because being an Illumi, to her, apparently means ignoring friends that are still in school.
Feb 4, 2015 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
This anime could have been better if Mao wasn't the main girl.
I dislike her archetype, violent loli and kinda tsundere. Her pink haired imouto and purple haired girl are much better and more likeable.
Feb 7, 2015 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
Dumb
Apr 18, 2015 9:17 AM

Oct 2012
Funny how almost every scene in the first part (New York) was taking place in their club.

Nice conclusion to nice anime. I was happy to see those characters and their heartwarming stories once again.

7/10
Jun 22, 2015 4:30 AM

Mar 2013
Such a boring watch.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Aug 24, 2015 4:57 AM

Jan 2011
After having this on my drives for a year I have finally watched it. And holy fuck I feel depressed right now, just as much as when the first season ended. Even though this show is kind of generic it somehow is something special for me personally. Sad ending is sad... :'(

7/10
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 13, 2015 6:14 AM

May 2015
Man, I loved this show, and this episode's ending made me a bit sad too to see it go. 9/10 for this episode. I definitely wouldn't mind another season or a spin-off.
ReverberateDec 13, 2015 6:19 AM

Sep 29, 2016 9:58 PM

May 2014
Dual length OVA, oh yeah! The first half was hilarious, filled with just that little-bit more we wanted at the end of the season.

As for the 2nd half, incredible. Seeing everyone in casual clothing was nice, and the more serious tone it took hit the feels. It became clear just how important the club was to Mao, and it was interesting seeing her trying to initially push it away after graduating. The ending was heartwarming and fun, and the extended season ED with the OVA original ED was awesome. I'm really going to miss this fantastic cast of characters.

9/10 for the first half, 10/10 for the 2nd half, 9.5/10 overall.
Sep 11, 2017 9:03 AM

Aug 2016
An SOL anime with proper ending!!!! Thank you Gj-Bu
Lots and lots of anime need to learn on how to end the series the right way
Dec 4, 2017 10:21 PM
Jul 2016
It would've been alot better without the depression vibes
Nov 21, 2018 11:01 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
BEST ENDING !!!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 3, 2019 3:10 PM

May 2017
Realy liked the first part , expecialy dark imouto , i think she like MC
Pink hair happy about hamberger , then not happy about geting biger , green one dont care since she wont get bigger lol
Maid chan doing usual maid things , like moving whole room to america xb

Part 2 was boring , i guess it was needed to end the anime , but when you watch 12 ep like that , you're usualy not looking for drama one
Hope there will be season 2 with imouto
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

May 9, 2020 1:32 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Gj-bu@ still bring me so much fun within their random activity. While the background of the show still in the club room, with the details at the NY city, their behaviour all still same. Gladly i can see these masterpiece of SoL. Unfortunately, their second parts not bring me fun, rather attach some sad moments. Yeah, Mao sadness of how she missed the GJ memories was not forgettable until the end.

In the meantime, i keep jealous for Kyoro, even after graduating, their relations always be intacted. How heart-warming, and interesting in the same time. Nice to see the story parts and their characters still bring SoL themes, and thats some great addition for the shows. Then, at my last sentences, the end must come for the nicest conclusion. GJ-club always exist, whenever they are go, because GJ-club always at their hearts. So meaning, so touching. Thats great really impact my resolution, and keep my respect for the series in high definition. I hope this show will had another season, or OVA, or whatever the type on it at the nearest future.

Somehow i feel like giving this a 10. However, blatantly keeping all Kyoro's ignorant habit and feeling for all girls in this show really be my minus. But, that statement for fun only. Because, this is SoL, right? So, at the very least, 9/10 shall be my maxed overall scores for these great show, for sure.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 24, 2020 10:32 AM

Mar 2019
It was a pretty good ending for me, and it made me sad that I won't see the gang anymore.

7/10

Jun 13, 2021 11:58 PM

Aug 2018
Ah, so that's why Tamaki wears those bells accessory.. Interesting to know..
Hm.. Wonder, why Mao doesn't want to talk with Kyoro at tea shop.. Or go to the station together.. Is leaving club affected her much or something, that she doesn't want to interact with Kyoro at all, and leave everything in the past?.. Something like that?.. Well, who knows..
Jun 20, 2021 4:43 AM

Jul 2015
Ah 'Murica land of the free although the Good job club acts a bit too free. Mori-san is the real mvp for building the room and delivering the hamburgers there. It was good to see the Good job continue its hectic activities even after some members graduated.

Mar 15, 2022 11:31 AM
Mar 2019
Never laughed once.
Really, eating chicken is funny.
Still none the wiser about what this club actually does, they never really say.
Aug 5, 2022 2:37 AM

Jul 2019
It was nice seeing the gang again.

The New York part was a bit weird but the Mori spin made it worth it! Also, the close ups of their mouths was...I dunno, kinda hot?

Chibi demon Mao getting caught by Kirara, just hanging there looking confused and cute.

I wouldn't mind a second season but that's not going to happen.
Nov 28, 2022 6:14 AM

Aug 2018
that was a fantastic episode. Bumped my rating from a 7 to an 8. The humor in the first half was on point and I appreciated the hint of romance in the second half. I do kinda wish they had more than just hinted at it but you'd have to be even more oblivious than an anime protagonist to not realize best girl Mao won.
Aug 9, 2023 8:07 AM
Mar 2021
at really was a good anime. Don’t know how I feel about the ending but I still enjoyed it overall
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» It will air on 5 May.

rederoin - Apr 28, 2014

4 by Landmines »»
May 2, 2014 8:43 PM

» Promo

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

4 by MrEpicMichael »»
Apr 26, 2014 8:22 AM

» Is it coming out in April?

MysteryFan89 - Apr 1, 2014

1 by tsubasalover »»
Apr 7, 2014 12:21 AM

» New Key Visual

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2014

1 by Marow »»
Mar 17, 2014 3:46 PM

» Pre-release~

Exbo - Dec 26, 2013

6 by clayton19 »»
Mar 5, 2014 5:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.