Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 9, 2007 7:50 PM

Nov 2007
Here's were you post you vote for who's smarter.
Polls will be counted weekly

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 14, 2007 7:07 AM

Oct 2007
Well, you have to look into each of their backgrounds and present back up. In regards to the backgrounds it at first looks equal:

-Light, his dad is chief of police so he naturally has deduction skills.

-Ayuma, his brother from how EVERYONE speaks of him was brilliant, so it must run in the family.

But then if you look at there present back up,

-Misa Misa? Lol, she's nothing without Light's ideas and guidance.

-Hiyono is very helpful. She knows what she's doing and her skill compliments Ayuma instead of being a burden like Misa is to Light.

so with that said, Ayuma is smarter all in all.

I think a better battle of the brains would have been L and Ayuma. But then again, I'm still healing emotionally from his death Lol, so don't mind me on that one.
Jan 4, 2008 5:02 PM

Nov 2007
this is just my opinion but i think Light is just a ittle bit smarter than Ayuma ^^

but i still think their both very smart equally ^^
Feb 4, 2008 2:36 PM
Feb 2008
its AYUMU....AND HE`S THE BEST !!!!!!!!:p XD
Feb 18, 2008 10:13 AM

Nov 2007
Light~
Feb 26, 2008 4:35 PM
Apr 2007
Light is very smart

but i choose Ayumu =D
Mar 26, 2008 3:01 PM

Mar 2008
According to the manga: Light is slightly smarter

proof:
http://www.onemanga.com/Death_Note/110/07/
http://www.onemanga.com/Death_Note/110/09/

After all he did manage to kill L, but don't forget that L drugs himself with sugar which gotta have some effect ;)
Apr 24, 2008 6:16 PM

Jan 2008
I think that Light is smarter, after all he did go to college, and Ayumu is still in high school. But on the other hand Light is crayz. Also Light managed to go on for years without the police or anyone besides Misa finding out that he was Kira, and it everybody knew that Ayumu was Kiyotaka's brother from like day one. Another point is that Light finds and kills L, and at least finds Near, but Ayumu never has any idea about WTF the blade children and WTF is going on between them and the other people. Also to comment in their less book smart smartness, Light marries, or at least is involved in a long term relationship with Misa, who is a model and hot, and throughout the entire series Ayumu only hangs out with Hiyono, and Rio, niether all that great looking, and Rio looks like she's 10, and the farthest he gets is sleeping with his head in Hiyono's lap, minus one man card, if you don't mind. Also please allow me to depict a hypothetial battle between Light and Ayumu. Ayumu runs around in circles wondering why he doesn't start carrying around some type of wepon. Light writes down Ayumu Narumi, while looking at him. 40 seconds later it's all over.
xmarxurmomApr 24, 2008 6:27 PM
Apr 24, 2008 6:38 PM

Nov 2007
I'm sorry to but in Xmarx, but Light is dead. Oh and also, the reason that Ayumu doesn't get anything close to action from either Hiyono or Rio is because because he is in love with Madoka, you have to read the manga to know that one.
spikesreignApr 24, 2008 6:51 PM

May 8, 2008 12:41 PM

Dec 2007
Ayumu all the way!
Jun 6, 2008 12:10 PM
Jun 2008
Ayumu is smarter
Jun 19, 2008 10:46 AM

Aug 2007
jrickphilyfan said:
I'm sorry to but in Xmarx, but Light is dead. Oh and also, the reason that Ayumu doesn't get anything close to action from either Hiyono or Rio is because because he is in love with Madoka, you have to read the manga to know that one.

agreed, I go with Ayumu!!
ayumu ftw!!
Jul 16, 2008 11:42 AM

Feb 2008
Ayumu <3
Light's plan failed in the end and he made mistakes. ;3
Like, he only killed after school at one point. He should of known the times would have been tracked...

Oh no.

Jul 18, 2008 7:03 AM
Jul 2008
Who's smarter?
Ayumu is smarter >o< ! XD
Sep 17, 2008 4:02 AM
May 2008
well I haven't seen Spiral yet so I can't deside
but you know what ..Light's plan failed at the end becouse he's the villain in the anime :D you know what I mean :3

well but I really was impressed by Light's Intelligence ... yeah he was smart .. he used Death note in an awesome way ^^ he knows what he was doin

but you know as I said before ... I don't think that they want the evil win in death note thats why light failed at the end :3

Oct 1, 2008 11:39 PM

Sep 2008
I didn't finish spiral, i read like the first 2 volumes and to me its pretty clear that Light is smarter.
I'm gonna dish out musical, and naturalist, etc like that. b/c they aren't exactly relevant and i'm pretty sure that is not what we are talking about.

So to start:
deduction skills, are equally impressive, but some ayumu's deduction skill is bit "bs" i think, which happens in many detective stories. They see like 2 things and make up a whole accurate story. which is kinda in reality impossible no matter how intelligent you are.
So interms of interpersonal/logical its equally matched i say.

Creativity, both are relatively creative. Not enough evidence shown from both sides to get a clear grasp about their creativity level, but its high for both.

Intrapersonal intelligance. Here Light wins. He knows what he has clear understanding of himself and his emotions. No conflict here. Ayumu on the other hand does.

linguistic intelligence, light surpasses ayuma by far. He is able to talk and persuade almost anyone. That also displays high level of interpersonal intelligence ON emotional level as well. not just logical.

Also if anyone is aware of mbti
Light only not has developed his intuition and thinking to great extend but also sensing. Which is like ridiculously difficult, but possible.

I don't know why anyone would question light. Though he may not look like it, with close observation, you can see he is truely the smartest anime character ever, that stays in realistic boundaries.
noir_laitOct 1, 2008 11:43 PM
Jan 29, 2009 10:24 PM

Jun 2008
Ayumu is smarter =)
for those you got to read the manga at least to the middle
to prove Ayumu is better

Apr 15, 2009 7:38 PM

Mar 2008
Personally i think Light Yagami is smarter.(It's not because i like Light i like both Ayumu and Light equally) I choose Light because even though he dies Light had the power and the potential to almost destroy the world with juts a notebook...yes he might of thought it was justice but he almost pulled it through if it wasn't for Near.
Oct 26, 2010 3:52 AM
Oct 2010
both r smart !
Mar 9, 2012 1:23 PM
Mar 2012
Ayumu. All the manga shows it and the end was the ultimate proof. He came up with the best ideea to save the Blade Children.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Other Characters...

spikesreign - Apr 24, 2008

4 by noir_lait »»
Oct 7, 2008 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.