Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2011 4:23 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The ending was a bit cheesy, the story was fairly generic and the epilogues didn't say anything about them getting married for some reason, but over all I liked the series.

my only real complaint throughout was that she never really tried to make herself stronger, she just kept relying on others to save her or acted recklessly and trusted in fate and the presence of her hero to keep her safe. Personally, I would have had more respect for her if she'd at least developed some magical abilities beyond a telepathic distress signal or learned basic self defense techniques from one of her many warrior acquaintances.
Jul 12, 2013 5:17 AM

Mar 2007
It was a nice manga. Nothing amazing, but a good read. The finale was less climactic than some of the middle parts, so that's a bit disappointing because you know that the creator could have done better than this.

Noriko was fine as a heroine, but yes, she could have made an attempt to become at least slightly more independent. Then again, their enemies were a wee bit too powerful, so she wouldn't have been able to do anything about them even if she had taken a level in badass somewhere down the line.
Apr 21, 2014 6:03 AM

Nov 2009
I would say that I loved the first half, but it kind of fell off in the second half . . . I still enjoyed it, of course, but I feel like I might have enjoyed it more if it was "different". By that I mean that if it had been more of an adventure manga in the sense that it explored the entire world and perhaps didn't have the first evil person introduced be the only "evil side" it might have been more interesting. It definitely could have benefited from a larger world, although I guess that might have hat its own fair share of problems. I would also agree that the ending was pretty cheesy. Overall though, it was still a good read, and so I would give it a 7/10.
Oct 16, 2016 9:39 PM
Oct 2016
I believe that this should be made into a short anime, I loved the manga. The romance was out of this world!!
Jul 27, 2017 7:25 PM

Feb 2008
Shoujo isekai pulls through again. An ok read, there were many interesting concepts introduced, but it would've probably been better if they didn't introduce such a vast world only to barely scratch what the situation is in most countries. The other thing that was somewhat naive is how the conflict between good and evil got resolved. The author was onto something with the initial idea that good and evil can actually coexist as two sides of the same coin, but went for the purge of evil by radiating light.

As far as characters go, Noriko was fluffy, and considering how useless she was, I am grateful that she had an optimistic outlook in things. The bit with her learning the language was actually pretty good, considering how such settings end up with characters overcoming language barriers instantaneously. I didn't think much of Izark, but he wasn't much of an edgelord, considering the whole classic handsome guy with a dark past template, and with a push, he overcame his issues over being accepted and accepting Noriko. The supporting cast could've been more fleshed out, as by the end we have this 20-something person party of close comrades of which we barely know anything about except a few character gimmicks and how they support Noriko and Izark.

The epilogue was kinda meh, a simple wedding would've been better even if cheesier, compared to the clustered exposition of something that wasn't developed in the first place.

Apr 8, 2021 2:38 PM

Jan 2021
I've read this manga so many times and every time all the punches , the cute moments, the sad moments and the rest get to me. I wish there would be more stories like this.
Oct 28, 2022 11:54 PM

Jul 2020
This really fell off a cliff after the great plot twist in chapter 35. As was said above, we had the idea of how darkness and light can both exist in someone and how certain emotions can propel us to darkness or to the light. The reveals of Izark as the Sky Demon and Noriko's potential to awaken Izark in a positive manner was great. But the ending was some extremely generic good versus evil stuff, with a cast too large to give anyone enough time to develop besides Izark and Noriko. The author clearly had a much more expansive idea at first, which then didn't get edited down into a tighter story but without enough time to fully develop on that. This could have been great but ended up merely above average. It wasn't bad, but could have been so much better.

Noriko and Izark's dynamic wasn't incredible, but was the only thing holding the series together at the end. It was very cute how little she cared he was a "monster" after the big reveal (even giving him the "shut up I love you" kiss). It was nice, but ultimately just not enough.

I also really liked how they didn't "magic" her way into speaking the local language, and it took her months just to communicate fairly basic things, only truly speaking it until much later on.
ialex32Oct 29, 2022 12:02 AM
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata kara Chapter 26 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Mar 6, 2018

1 by choimochi »»
Sep 20, 2023 10:10 AM

» So how do you figure out what chapter you are on?

SmillieReacts - Nov 24, 2020

1 by lynsie »»
May 16, 2022 4:17 PM

Poll: » Kanata kara Chapter 24 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Mar 6, 2018

1 by SmillieReacts »»
Dec 16, 2020 7:15 PM

Poll: » Kanata kara Chapter 20 Discussion

tr25a3 - Feb 21, 2019

0 by tr25a3 »»
Feb 21, 2019 10:05 AM

Poll: » Kanata kara Chapter 28 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Mar 6, 2018

0 by KitaTsuki »»
Mar 6, 2018 1:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.