Forum Settings
Forums
Rave Master
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2010 5:49 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
OMG! Thank you so much Mashima Hiro. You have created a masterpiece and ended it beautifully. I knew all along that he was Haru and Elie's kid. hahahaha ^-^

This was a great ending. Once again another manga that was able to make me tear, if only at the end.

Rating= 100/10 ^-^
Oct 30, 2010 12:52 PM

Nov 2009
A very strong ending, got me very emotional. I felt that the ending was very well executed, especially chapter 295, and the transition to the last chapter.

There were many other great scenes in the manga, too many to mention really. The highlights for me was the death of Reina (silver claimer) and when it was revealed that the skeleton protection Lady Resha's grave was actually Sieg.
Nov 7, 2010 11:54 AM

Aug 2009
The fist manga that made me go teary and soft. I cried three times when Reina died when i learned the skeleton is actually Sieg ( felt bad all night after that) and the end before Haru's ressurection. Unbeleavable cool manga. It deserved to be named one of the best.
I didn't know the kid is actually Haru's and Elie's good job. ;)
Apr 29, 2011 3:09 AM

Aug 2009
Wow, this was really a masterpiece in my opinion.
I haven't cried this much in a very very long time like I did now in the last two chapters.
I cried of happiness in the last chapter and obviously of sadness when Haru disappeared in the chapter before. The "Haru, I... I love you!" "I love you too.. Elie!" made be break into tears ;_; So pretty and so sad.

And oh, finally we got the kiss!
Apr 29, 2011 10:35 AM

Sep 2008
just finished re-reading the manga~
now i remember why i loved Rave so much ^^
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
May 13, 2011 6:01 PM

Oct 2008
10/10, right into my favs. Great, epic, dramatic, romantic. A god damn REAL adventure series. Not just another chain of endless battles, but a fantastic journey with countless meaningful stories and characters on the way. For me the most dramatic and teary moment was Shiba's departure, I really cried back there, even if for a moment, he reunited with Resha even though she was Elie now and her heart was already taken by Haru. I believe he, along with Sieghart, is the most dramatic character of the manga, and I really missed him on the last page with Elies and Harus wedding, he should be there with Sieg somewhere in the sky at least.

Nevertheless, another great story ended on me. :(
Jun 11, 2011 11:18 PM

Aug 2010
Great manga. I don't think any manga/animes made me feel like this before. Specially the moment with sieg as a skeleton in front of the grave. Overall 10/10.
Jun 12, 2011 8:29 PM

May 2011
9/10
Rave was just very satisfying, the length of the story was perfect (not long, not short) The length of battles were short compared to other Shounen and it really focused more on the plot and development. Have to Love the plot twists and significance of time/dates.

I hate and love Mashima for fooling me at the end, when Elie lost her memories again (I almost trashed my laptop). Good thing he ended it the way he did, the most befitting ending to our unforgettable journey. All the sacrifices weren't in vain.

Shuda was my favourite character but every single character was likeable, even the villains and hideous losers deserve credit.

I wish Rave was recognised a lot more than it is... Not many people know about it and it really deserves a lot more fame. A definite favourite forever.
Kayaba-Jun 22, 2015 10:29 PM
Jun 27, 2011 10:08 AM

Feb 2011
I shat bricks...

10/10
Nov 5, 2011 6:20 AM

Apr 2011
I didn't like the forced happy ending, but aside that everything else was fun and great.
Mar 1, 2012 7:19 PM

Aug 2010
Finally got around to finishing this, and I thought it was absolutely brilliant. As cliche as that ending was, I'm glad it ended that way.

10/10

Also, I think the best part in the manga by far was the part where they reveal the skeleton was Sieg, damn, that was amazingly executed.
Mar 3, 2012 4:28 PM

Mar 2011
10/10..

so many highlights to remember, so many really great plot-twists that you can meet in really few mangas nowdays..
and dat ending.. you know.. you actually have 2 endings and just go with any f them. with epilogue and without. and i can say that both are great.

Mar 3, 2012 7:41 PM

Mar 2012
The story is just too awesome and prety cool!
Sadly the last chapter didn't make to anime T_T T_T T_T
Aug 13, 2012 12:55 AM

Aug 2008
really good stuff. I love Rave. and will miss it.

had this comment been when it really ended i would have said. "i cannot wait till MASHIMA Hiro comes out with something new and on going."

however 7 years later i am glad he Created Fairy Tail which i now enjoy.

back to Rave god dame i loved the end and how last chapter made me go noooo not Haru. I would of gone more noooooooo for Elie/Resha too. and was like iieaaaaaaa not the memories again i don't want her with some new random guy (joke), no i don't want her to forget Haru!

so glad he came back. it was a touching moment till end.

bye bye. Rave.
Mar 9, 2013 7:24 PM

Jul 2010
Made me cry tears of joy.
Levin is such a cute child .
Haru x Ellie!!'
May 25, 2013 4:58 PM

Mar 2012
Man, I love this manga soo much. That epic ending and chapter before it. 10/10
May 29, 2013 8:37 PM

Jan 2012
Well, after years hiatus after remembering I had seen this show as a kid I had gone and watched the show fully. Years after that I've finally finished the actual series by reading it. I want to thank Mashima for the creating of this great series (and Fairy Tail soon after, was kinda fun being able to point out some stuff from here, such as Drew's gang with some of the FT mages - Gildarts, Master, some bad guys, etc [you'll know what I mean if you've seen/read FT]).

For a serious note... I'd say 8/10 for rating.
Great story, and ended marvelously, but I have flaws to point out. 1) Mashima hates killing off his heroes, while I was pleased that Julia didn't get bitch slapped by losing Let and winning based on two deaths (by them reviving) it made it worse off (at least one should have stayed dead). 2) Most other issues people would complain about me pointing them. So I'll cut off here.
Jun 30, 2013 2:48 AM
Oct 2012
Just sad that I've finally come to an end of a great manga. However, I'm still bugged by something. Prophet Saga said that if Elie did the right thing, she will not see her friends anymore. Did her memory loss at the previous chapter represent this? I feel that this prophecy's magnitude is a bit of a letdown, considering how reluctant prophet Saga was in revealing this to her.
Dec 4, 2013 11:25 AM

Apr 2012
I am glad that most people who voted on this thread think that the last chapter (conclusion) is awesome.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 4, 2013 11:27 AM

Apr 2012
Wicklebee said:
Well, after years hiatus after remembering I had seen this show as a kid I had gone and watched the show fully. Years after that I've finally finished the actual series by reading it. I want to thank Mashima for the creating of this great series (and Fairy Tail soon after, was kinda fun being able to point out some stuff from here, such as Drew's gang with some of the FT mages - Gildarts, Master, some bad guys, etc [you'll know what I mean if you've seen/read FT]).

For a serious note... I'd say 8/10 for rating.
Great story, and ended marvelously, but I have flaws to point out. 1) Mashima hates killing off his heroes, while I was pleased that Julia didn't get bitch slapped by losing Let and winning based on two deaths (by them reviving) it made it worse off (at least one should have stayed dead). 2) Most other issues people would complain about me pointing them. So I'll cut off here.

No i agree. If the mashima killed off a few more main characters in a logical and epic fashion, it would make it better.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 12, 2014 3:07 AM

Jul 2013
Is there anything I can say that anyone else here did not say? I loved this manga when I first read it and I still do. Lots of emotional moments and deaths.
Very good even if it has its share of cliches.
WolfsbaneFeb 7, 2015 9:46 AM
Mar 17, 2014 7:50 AM

Mar 2014
Great, but Fairy Tail is better. 5/5
Jun 22, 2015 10:27 PM

Nov 2011
That was a pretty fun journey. Second half of this series was better than the first imo. I guess it was a bit predictable? I mean, Haru returning and Elli regaining her memories just like that seems too good to be true and it did happen.

Based on the last panel, they got married too. However, I am quite satisfied with this ending.

7/10. Fun series overall. Belkina still best girl imo for this series though.
Aug 8, 2015 12:32 AM

Jun 2013
This was a Great Manga. My favorite part was definitely the Doryu arc. I felt that they could've explained a little more on Elie coming to the future. Really the only explanation was that she was sleeping. Would've liked to know where because when she woke up she was in the desert with Seig.
Sep 13, 2015 4:16 AM

Oct 2010
Such a great read.

As stated earlier, the Reina and Seig arcs were definitely the highlights for me as well.
Also, had a great time comparing characters to their Fairy Tail counterparts (Shuda/Cobra, Gale/Gildarts, Seig/Jellal, Alpine/Freed - apart from the mc's).

If this got re-animated once more in fairy tail style it would surpass it imo.
The relationships are just way stronger in this. The only relevant one so far that fairy tail has is ErzaxJellal.

Once Fairy Tail ends, I hope that could be a possibility...

But anyways, thank you Hiro Mashima for creating this wonderful piece. I'll never forget the adventure you took me on.
Jun 20, 2016 9:29 AM

Jan 2013
NaLuForever said:
Great, but Fairy Tail is better. 5/5
As of right now no, but it can conclude its romance at the end then possibly.
Jun 20, 2016 7:25 PM

Jan 2013
Barbapappa said:
Wow, this was really a masterpiece in my opinion.
I haven't cried this much in a very very long time like I did now in the last two chapters.
I cried of happiness in the last chapter and obviously of sadness when Haru disappeared in the chapter before. The "Haru, I... I love you!" "I love you too.. Elie!" made be break into tears ;_; So pretty and so sad.

And oh, finally we got the kiss!
A kiss? What are you talking about? I don't believe their was one.
Jul 27, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2012
11 years since this ended. Good times.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 21, 2017 1:51 PM

Jan 2016
Re-read this just now, i forgot how good this was, damn! 9/10 Mashima showed us that he can create good content. Underrated asf!
Jun 16, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
Everyone was alive, what a great ending!
Jan 30, 2021 12:35 PM
Mar 2016
One of the most pretentious manga out there trying desperately to pass for a serious shonen and a masterpiece but just failing miserably to those intelligent enough to see its stupid pretentions. This is just a stupid "Kodomo" and should be rated for lesser than ten years old and not for a mature public...
Aug 10, 2021 4:48 PM
Mar 2016
Matthappy said:
One of the most pretentious manga out there trying desperately to pass for a serious shonen and a masterpiece but just failing miserably to those intelligent enough to see its stupid pretentions. This is just a stupid "Kodomo" and should be rated for lesser than ten years old and not for a mature public...

I'm trying to figure out how this is pretentious. This came out before the huge amount of shonen came out. The only heavy hitters were One Piece, DB, YYH, HxH, and Saint Saiya before this that I can think of. It actually had a half decent story and characters, the beginning was pretty shaky but it got better with time. The Star Memory thing actually made sense in the end.
Sep 21, 2021 12:50 PM
Oct 2011
Call me crazy but I hate this ending. What the world did with Reviving Haru seems hypocritical and out of character after deliberately dicking over the Raregroove family.
Sep 25, 2021 8:40 AM

Jul 2021
Matthappy said:

You don't have to like Rave at all but to imply those who did like it are not as "intelligent" compared to those who dislike it makes you the pretentious one.
Sep 25, 2021 3:45 PM
Mar 2016
[quote=AnfStrikesBack3 message=64492698]
Matthappy said:

You don't have to like Rave at all but to imply those who did like it are not as "intelligent" compared to those who dislike it makes you the pretentious one.[/quot

I am not messing with the intelligence of anybody...
Sep 25, 2021 3:47 PM
Mar 2016
AnfStrikesBack3 said:
Matthappy said:

You don't have to like Rave at all but to imply those who did like it are not as "intelligent" compared to those who dislike it makes you the pretentious one.

Please don´t exaggerate
Sep 25, 2021 4:25 PM

Jul 2021

[quote=Matthappy message=64495849]
AnfStrikesBack3 said:
Matthappy said:

You don't have to like Rave at all but to imply those who did like it are not as "intelligent" compared to those who dislike it makes you the pretentious one.[/quot

I am not messing with the intelligence of anybody...

Ok I apologise. I was overthinking what you said. Sorry about that.
Oct 12, 2021 7:49 PM
Feb 2021
It was great to see Haru and Eli ending together and adding to that they have kid as well which was awesome. I am glad I read this manga and it was 10/10 for though at some point it got little pale but it holds nothing miniscule to this great ending we got. I am sure I will be watching anime as well and thank you Mashima. I loved his work as I had already completed Fairy Tail anime and half way through Eden's zero
May 16, 11:51 AM

Feb 2024
Rave has its ups and downs, with all those infuriating stereotypes. Although, at the end of my read, I'm glad they are back together, they are living together, laughing together and doing many more things. I don't care if it's an asspull move, after all the pain and sufferings which our heroes went through, they truly deserved this happy ending.

Didn't expect that marriage panel though and even better, Haru and Elie with their kid. So with this wholesome conclusion, I'm content somehow.

Thanks author for not ruining this work with a shtty open ending.
Wholesome_SeekerMay 16, 10:12 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Groove Adventure Rave Chapter 295 Discussion

CrimsonX69 - Apr 27, 2010

3 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 16, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Groove Adventure Rave Chapter 294 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2015

2 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 16, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Groove Adventure Rave Chapter 292 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2015

2 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 16, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Groove Adventure Rave Chapter 287 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2015

2 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 16, 10:39 AM

Poll: » Groove Adventure Rave Chapter 282 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2015

2 by Wholesome_Seeker »»
May 16, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.