Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 28, 2013 3:24 PM

Sep 2013
So, what's your story? Why are YOU still a virgin? If you would/could have followed what society told you to do then you would have lost your virginity long ago. Why did that not happen?

-------------

So I figure I should start. Ahem... well my "problem" is two-fold: First I don't really want to have sex with someone else. Alot of people see love and sex as being interconnected but as for me I draw a sharp line between them. To love someone should mean respecting them and standing with them on eye level. Now if I had sex with them I'd be afraid of dehumanizing them and seeing them only as a sex object. Basically all my sexual fantasies revolve around domination in some way (rape, reverse rape etc) so having sex with someone and still seeing them as someone worth loving, as a human being, seems impossible for me.
Well, and second I've never even been in a relationship where that could have been a problem. I'm a very social awkward person and don't have any real friends in RL, yet alone female friends. I am pretty much communication impaired and can't really talk to people. And I'm not very attractive either, so yeah go figure it's not like I'm the main character of some harem anime and the girls would throw themselves at me XD

Well, that's it basically. So what's your story? ^^
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2013 2:53 AM

Nov 2012
Well... I'm not awkard, I havent problem to go and do something alone, whatever it is. I hang out with my bunch of friends at weekends and I think my look isnt problem too..., I keep myself clean always, I even notice when some girls keep eye on me in bus.

My problem is Im not able initialize chat, anything Im rather quiet and not talkactive person (unless, we talk about anime, sadly my friends arent intrested in anime). I even recive occasions, but...:

Last time I sited happy in bus and listened to anime soundtranks (50% vloume to dont bother anyone), at one stop to bus entered girl with blond curly hairs, almost all seats in bus were free but... she had to sit with me... my peaceful ride finished... I was stressed whole way to university... I noticed she sent signals to me like touching her hairs so I started to look in other side... When I get off from bus my stomach ached... It's all hopeless.

My theory:
I would like to be matchmaked like pairs were matchmaked in past by family or friends. Now it became common to search for your very special love like in books. But ppl forgot that there still left some ppl that are unable to search, they would rather be matchmaked it's genetic for them. I already know I wont be matchmaked by anyone so it left to me to slowly get used to a single life...
KrunchyOct 29, 2013 3:05 AM
Oct 29, 2013 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
Krunchy said:

My theory:
I would like to be matchmaked like pairs were matchmaked in past by family or friends. Now it became common to search for your very special love like in books. But ppl forgot that there still left some ppl that are unable to search, they would rather be matchmaked it's genetic for them. I already know I wont be matchmaked by anyone so it left to me to slowly get used to a single life...

But you might be matchmaked with someone who you don't like. What then? :s

Ppl in Japan have it easier with marriage interviews and group dates going on regularly.

Oct 29, 2013 9:20 AM

Nov 2012
Shiratori99 said:
But you might be matchmaked with someone who you don't like. What then? :s

Ppl in Japan have it easier with marriage interviews and group dates going on regularly.
Well I think chances of bad relationship are lower than if you would try to search for a girl in club.
Dating services in my country dont sparky my intrest yet, they are rather poor.
KrunchyOct 29, 2013 9:28 AM
Nov 4, 2013 1:21 PM

Jan 2012
If I followed society, I would've probably been more outgoing and hooked-up several times already.
I'm a natural introvert, but I would've put on my extrovert act to meet girls and get laid.

...but I'm not that type of person...

I like to consider myself one of the few decent people left in modern society, so I'm going to wait until marriage. That's the decision I made long ago.
I have not yet met a girl that I care about enough to want to marry. I hope that when I eventually do find my special someone, she'll be a virgin too.

I would like to be in the type of relationship that built on unconditional love and can last without the sex. Once I'm in a relationship like that, I wouldn't hold myself back. (Just because I don't need to, doesn't mean I won't want to)
Basically, I've decided that love is a prerequisite for sex, and will under no circumstances give it up for someone I don't love with all my heart.

I'm only 21, so I'm in no rush, and I'm currently too busy to actively hunt for candidates.

This may be one of the reasons I like romance anime; since I haven't found my special someone yet, it's nice to support characters who have.
Nov 5, 2013 7:17 PM

Sep 2013
Virtual_BS said:

This may be one of the reasons I like romance anime; since I haven't found my special someone yet, it's nice to support characters who have.

I agree, it's similar for me. I find it hard to support couples in RL though since I automatically tend to assume their relationship is only based on sex and superficial attraction. Which might not be true, but that's just the kind of society we live in.

Nov 18, 2013 5:42 AM

Aug 2009
Just like Krunchy I suck at starting a conversation with the species called women and even if I do start talking with them I run out of topics in the blink of an eye.I also have a very VERY low self esteem due to my grade and middle school years..

I dont care about having sex with my "soulmate" or with numerous girls, whatever happens is fine.Of course if I could just find "the one" that would be great.
ssjokgNov 18, 2013 6:09 AM
Nov 23, 2013 10:36 PM

Jun 2013
I just choose to be Asexual. Nothing more. There are far too many things more important for one. Secondly there are far too many risks for both parties. And it's just something I don't think needs to be done by everyone. And i just choose to be one of those people who don't.

Of course if I had a gun to my head or whatever would force such a situation then that would be the only time I would consider doing it. But who's going to put a gun to my head and someone else's just to get me laid? Seriously. No one. Unless that someone is someone who's a virgin avenger who act's like the Batman of the virgin world. The kind who won't let a single man or woman go without sex of any kind whatsoever.

But that would be outrageous and pathetic on his part. He better at least make sure they're clean.
The devils baking a damn barbeque out here. Imma shit on the baked chicken.
Nov 23, 2013 10:47 PM

Sep 2013
ZombieGodKai said:
I just choose to be Asexual. Nothing more. There are far too many things more important for one. Secondly there are far too many risks for both parties. And it's just something I don't think needs to be done by everyone. And i just choose to be one of those people who don't.

Of course if I had a gun to my head or whatever would force such a situation then that would be the only time I would consider doing it. But who's going to put a gun to my head and someone else's just to get me laid? Seriously. No one. Unless that someone is someone who's a virgin avenger who act's like the Batman of the virgin world. The kind who won't let a single man or woman go without sex of any kind whatsoever.

But that would be outrageous and pathetic on his part. He better at least make sure they're clean.

Nice, respect for that decision.

What do you mean when you say you chose to be asexual? Do you not have any sexual urges or do you have them but don't want to act upon them? Are you still interested in romantic relationships or not? Sorry for asking so much, I just think this is interesting ^^

Nov 24, 2013 3:04 AM

Nov 2011
ZombieGodKai said:

Wow, interesting.... Can you develop on the risks you think both persons will face ? Talking about illness ? And I'll join Shiratori on another question : not interested in romantic relationship ?

Well about me (I avoided this topic long enough ^^) :
I'm not very talkative as it stands, while I have some friends, the main topics I talk about are too geeky (programming, video game, manga... yeah... sad), the other problem is that when I talk with a girl I find attractive I become very awkward and stressed (sadder ^^)
A few years ago I fell deeply in love with a girl, and since then I face another problem (I knew I shouldn't have answered this thread xD) : I'm affraid of comparing any girls I may find interesting with her, or making said girls a replacement for her
Actually, a few girl tried flirting with me but all of them (but one) didn't interested me in the least and I rejected them. About the last one, she was so roundabout when she tried to seduce me that I didn't understand it for like 10 months xD We ended not seeing each other in RL due to going to different schools
I'm also not interested in dating services

I guess that's it ^^
Nov 24, 2013 8:46 AM

Nov 2013
cause i never had a girlfriend thats why!
Nov 25, 2013 3:29 AM

Dec 2009
The fact that I'm a male tsundere does not help. If I like the girl, I always feign that I'm uninterested.
Wanna join these clubs and have a nice talk: We Hate Censorship and Luna & Survive Fan Club
Nov 25, 2013 4:42 AM

Jan 2012
I am quite picky. Girls I liked always turned out to be in strong relationship. I had few chances but I turned them down cause I would rather wait for a nice girl then just do it with some slut. I am not very social person but I am not afraid of starting contact .Maybe I am just giving hard to approach feel cause I always act like I don't give a damn and some girls even said to me I look scary . l Guess I am one of the rare ones that are truly not bothered with the fact I am still virgin cause I know there are more important stuff at the moment in my life like finishing university.
Nov 26, 2013 9:13 AM

Mar 2010
It's because I have dysfunctional family, I haven't had any diagnosis but I'm sure I have some sort of mental disorder because of the way I've been brought up in my family.

I ran away twice from guys. The first one was when I was in my first year of senior high school, we met when we're put together on the same group for this annual a week trip to village. My group were great and we had lots of fun staying together in a nice couple's house. My other friends in the group liked to tease me and this guy because we were pretty close back then I guess?, but never once in my life I ever thought he really had feelings for me, so I was pretty (really damn) shocked when he was going to confess to me in front of my class, week after the trip has ended. I panicked and hyperventilated and flee like there was no tomorrow. I still hate myself for never tried talking to him again.

Same when I was in my first year of college, I met this guy in my first class of Calculus and I think we had pretty good impression of each other, because he asked for my number after the first meeting. I didn't really have any problem talking to him so it was a change of pace consider I couldn't really talk to boys. But then he kept texting me and asking me non-trivial non-study related things so often. I didn't know how to deal with it and I started getting really anxious even though there was nothing wrong at all. And then, blam, I just stopped replying him and avoiding him completely.

I didn't hate or resent these guys at all, I liked them enough I can imagine myself in relationship with them. I just have Problems in my brain. I just keep getting more closed off and awkward around people since then. I used to be pretty cheerful and could make a joke that makes people actually laugh, now it's just plain impossible.

Forget about sex, I can't even get myself a date.

tl;dr I'm a shitty self-deprecating person who scared of intimacy and commitment.
Nov 26, 2013 11:50 AM

Sep 2013
Fifteenth said:
It's because I have dysfunctional family, I haven't had any diagnosis but I'm sure I have some sort of mental disorder because of the way I've been brought up in my family.

I ran away twice from guys. The first one was when I was in my first year of senior high school, we met when we're put together on the same group for this annual a week trip to village. My group were great and we had lots of fun staying together in a nice couple's house. My other friends in the group liked to tease me and this guy because we were pretty close back then I guess?, but never once in my life I ever thought he really had feelings for me, so I was pretty (really damn) shocked when he was going to confess to me in front of my class, week after the trip has ended. I panicked and hyperventilated and flee like there was no tomorrow. I still hate myself for never tried talking to him again.

Same when I was in my first year of college, I met this guy in my first class of Calculus and I think we had pretty good impression of each other, because he asked for my number after the first meeting. I didn't really have any problem talking to him so it was a change of pace consider I couldn't really talk to boys. But then he kept texting me and asking me non-trivial non-study related things so often. I didn't know how to deal with it and I started getting really anxious even though there was nothing wrong at all. And then, blam, I just stopped replying him and avoiding him completely.

I didn't hate or resent these guys at all, I liked them enough I can imagine myself in relationship with them. I just have Problems in my brain. I just keep getting more closed off and awkward around people since then. I used to be pretty cheerful and could make a joke that makes people actually laugh, now it's just plain impossible.

Forget about sex, I can't even get myself a date.

tl;dr I'm a shitty self-deprecating person who scared of intimacy and commitment.

I can relate to that. Also kudos for being apparently the first girl to post in this thread :P

I had similar problems with friends in the past. I used to get along pretty well with some people in school, but when it comes to actually doing something with them in my free time I always chickened out. Similarly, a few months ago I met a person living nearby who was very much into manga like me. We started off chatting over skype and then meeting up a few times. But then I just single handedly broke off contact, didn't reply to his messages and never logged onto skype again. Why? I dunno, I think I just got scared because we became too close. I am the type of person who wants to be close with others, but is actually scared of it. So yeah, I think I got a similar problem. I have a dysfunctional family too btw (my father abandoned me) but I don't think it's related to that actually.

Nov 26, 2013 2:23 PM

Nov 2012
Well my case is exactly opposite, but start is the same - parents without parents skills, they werent raising me I had.to do it by myself so when I started highschool I was scared shy geek. But by the hell luck I got close to alpahs in my class and even if they were joking of me a lot I didnt turn off and still stayed close to them and they wanted to make me.normal person and we succeed in 50%.
Now Im confident in official relations I think would like to be manager in future (sadly without contacts, chances are rather very low in my country) and open to close friends.
Unofficial relations with girls or pl that Im not close to are my main problem I try dont speak to them if I dont must, my fails teached me to stay quiet.
Nov 26, 2013 10:25 PM

Mar 2010
Shiratori99 said:
I can relate to that. Also kudos for being apparently the first girl to post in this thread :P

I had similar problems with friends in the past. I used to get along pretty well with some people in school, but when it comes to actually doing something with them in my free time I always chickened out. Similarly, a few months ago I met a person living nearby who was very much into manga like me. We started off chatting over skype and then meeting up a few times. But then I just single handedly broke off contact, didn't reply to his messages and never logged onto skype again. Why? I dunno, I think I just got scared because we became too close. I am the type of person who wants to be close with others, but is actually scared of it. So yeah, I think I got a similar problem. I have a dysfunctional family too btw (my father abandoned me) but I don't think it's related to that actually.

I still think my abusive father is one of the main reasons that made me scared of relationship w/ guy. Every time I saw my father abuse my mother (and he does it a lot, blatantly, in front of my sister and me) all I can think of is "I don't want to end up in a relationship with a guy only to ended up like that." The irony is, I used to be very close with my father, we used to spend time playing Mario on Nintendo 64, record cartoon like Sailor Moon and Ren&Stimpy on the VHS. He's the reason I actually started to like anime and video games. Although I do think watching and reading too much anime and manga also contributed to my sad social skill.

What do you think is the cause of your problem with getting close to people?
Nov 27, 2013 6:54 AM

Feb 2013
Fifteenth said:

Sociopathy.
Titan of 20+ virgins club.
Nov 27, 2013 8:21 AM

Sep 2013
Fifteenth said:
Shiratori99 said:

I still think my abusive father is one of the main reasons that made me scared of relationship w/ guy. Every time I saw my father abuse my mother (and he does it a lot, blatantly, in front of my sister and me) all I can think of is "I don't want to end up in a relationship with a guy only to ended up like that." The irony is, I used to be very close with my father, we used to spend time playing Mario on Nintendo 64, record cartoon like Sailor Moon and Ren&Stimpy on the VHS. He's the reason I actually started to like anime and video games. Although I do think watching and reading too much anime and manga also contributed to my sad social skill.

I don't know, but I suspect it's the fear of letting others see too much of the "real me". When with others I usually keep up my "nice guy" facade, but the truth is I'm actually a pretty spoiled brat with a very short temper who loves it to command other people and let them do my stuff. That and I have some interests that easily get misunderstood. I think I'm afraid of them hating me or even worse make fun of me. That's why I never let others see how I really am. I got bullied in school and got regularly made fun of because I'm stuttering, so I have a bit of a trauma regarding that.

Nov 27, 2013 10:27 AM

May 2010
Along with being an introvert, as well as having social anxiety...

I started chasing after this one girl in 8th grade, who was incredibly shy and had social anxiety. She became my best friend, and then I moved away. We talked every day even after that for 7 more years. Eventually we had actually become something and I went to go visit her for a few days (remember I'm an introvert and afraid of things like this, normally this would be impossible for me). We held each other and I took her first kiss, but that was it. Fast forward a couple months, and I go to visit her again, only I find out she cheated on me with the guy I stayed with on my visit there, and she's leaving me.

So essentially I'm a virgin because I wasted my time pouring my heart into someone who was.... (a lot of bad terms, I find it hard saying any of them because I still love her)

My only other relationship was with a girl who had a heart condition, and sex would have been too much for her. I was actually totally okay with that, and would have stayed with her forever regardless. But we broke up over other issues.
Nov 27, 2013 10:39 AM

Nov 2012
Are you sure she cheated you?
My dad think that my mom cheat him with every man she meet in his case it's probably kind of mind illnesses, but are you sure you don't prejudge?
Nov 27, 2013 10:39 AM

Sep 2013
Thrashinuva said:

I started chasing after this one girl in 8th grade, who was incredibly shy and had social anxiety. She became my best friend, and then I moved away. We talked every day even after that for 7 more years. Eventually we had actually become something and I went to go visit her for a few days (remember I'm an introvert and afraid of things like this, normally this would be impossible for me). We held each other and I took her first kiss, but that was it. Fast forward a couple months, and I go to visit her again, only I find out she cheated on me with the guy I stayed with on my visit there, and she's leaving me.

So essentially I'm a virgin because I wasted my time pouring my heart into someone who was.... (a lot of bad terms, I find it hard saying any of them because I still love her)

My only other relationship was with a girl who had a heart condition, and sex would have been too much for her. I was actually totally okay with that, and would have stayed with her forever regardless. But we broke up over other issues.

Wow being betrayed like that must hurt :/

I hope you'll find someone else soon to heal your heart! Anyway, welcome to the club ^^

Nov 27, 2013 11:02 AM

May 2010
Krunchy said:
Are you sure she cheated you?

Yeah she told me.
Shiratori99 said:

Wow being betrayed like that must hurt :/

I hope you'll find someone else soon to heal your heart! Anyway, welcome to the club ^^

I had insomnia for nearly a month and a half (I still have some bouts of insomnia but not every night). I cried every day for that time too. I've only recently gotten through a couple of days without crying.

I've had some nice people to talk to. They've helped me get back to my old self. I'm still not 100% okay but maybe like 70%? As opposed to just being a dismal wreck most of the time.
Nov 28, 2013 2:57 AM

Mar 2010
Thrashinuva said:
I had insomnia for nearly a month and a half (I still have some bouts of insomnia but not every night). I cried every day for that time too. I've only recently gotten through a couple of days without crying.

I've had some nice people to talk to. They've helped me get back to my old self. I'm still not 100% okay but maybe like 70%? As opposed to just being a dismal wreck most of the time.

Sorry, that I really can't relate to you since I've never actually fell in love but I know it must be awful. My sister also had similar experience like her, she's the one who cheated her ex-bf. She would asked me things like "What should I do?" "Is this the right thing to do?" etc, I know second-hand that the other side might also suffer from the remorse and guilt. I hope both of you can properly end your relationship on good terms since you've been her friend for such a long time BUT I totally understand if you can't.
Nov 28, 2013 9:39 AM

May 2010
As far as I can tell we're never speaking again. She cut me off completely.
Nov 28, 2013 9:47 AM

Jun 2011
Another chick here. :3 I've read through this topic a couple of times and I gotta say there are tons of good points and touching stories here; thanks for starting this topic Shiratori! ^^

I have 5 main reasons that make me stay a virgin:

1. My parents were forced into marriage because they fooled around and had me. (I was a surprise to everyone involved) Growing up immersed in their abuse and intense hatred for each other, I realized that the recipe for a happy relationship went something like:

A. Like
B. Love
C. Commit
D. Marriage
E. Sex

I didn’t want to end up like them, so this is something I’ve abided by ever since I could understand what relationships were.

2. Uh, I have been physically taken advantage of by 3 people during my life; one when I was a kid and two during teen hood when I was severely socially anxious and mute, so while it isn’t the main factor, fear does contribute.

3. As Shiratori so astutely pointed out, society incessantly tells us to have sex, that we’ll be happier or empowered or whatever. For me, whenever anything becomes the norm or popular with society I always take a step back and ask myself why, what are the pros and cons and will this benefit me; most of the time I come to the conclusion that it will hurt me more then help me so I don’t do it.

Am I saying society is evil/bad? No, not at all. But it does rejoice in a lot of things that would be bad for me personally. (Plus…It’s kind neat to have a different attitude right? ^^)

4. To me, sex is the closest you can come to another human being, (physically and spiritually) that when you truly unconditionally love someone it’s the closest you can come to touching each others souls, and I don’t want to give that away to lots of people. (I just want one person to know me that way is I guess what I’m trying to say. X3)

5. And lastly, I like guys A LOT. A lot a lot. But…I like girls even more, and girls aren’t usually as sexually aggressive as the majority of guys can be so that’s part of it too. >////<
Nov 28, 2013 10:17 AM

May 2010
My stance is largely the same as yours Rainbow. I haven't led the same life, but I do want sex to be an experience with one person for my whole life. That's my goal. Though to me marriage is just a title, so I'm not sure how I feel about sex before marriage. They're just about on equal footing I guess, because I only ever want to be married once in my life.
Nov 29, 2013 7:15 PM

Sep 2013
Welcome Renegade! :)

My parents' marriage was also a failure, so that shaped my views about this topic too. My father came from a foreign country and after their relationship went downhill he just went back home and abandoned us. That's why I've come to deepy distrust and hate these kind of relationships between foreigners on duty and native women. Of course there are exceptions but I think most of them end like this.

About sex... well I've said a bit about that already. I'm not too fond of it, or rather, I hate it, kinda. To me, sex is an entirely impure activity. You must know here that I have OCD so I tend to group things into pure/clean and impure/unclean. To me, two people in a relationship should be on equal footing. I think this is not only a must for any healthy relationship, but also a strict prerequisite for love. Sex on the other hand is, how I see it, based on inequality. It's an inherently violent activity that typically features both domination and submission to some degree.

My own sex fantasies deal largely with degrading and defiling women, satisfied through fetishes like rape, bukkake, gokkun etc. A recurring theme there is the defilement of the woman through semen. A young womb gets defiled with semen. A beautiful face is covered in semen and made dirty. Etc. This is one thing I cannot allow. I don't want to "dirty" someone I love.

In "vanilla sex", let's call it that, the man typically takes the leading role and fucks the woman. Thus the passive woman becomes an object, a sex object. This is another thing I detest, I would never want to see someone I love like this. However, I don't want to be dominated either. I just want to be on eye level.

The invading penis also implies violence and conquest, not exactly peaceful things. This is also the reason I don't like tongue kissing. One side has the initiative and "tongues" the other, leading to the same problems I have with sex (Inequality, violence, objectification etc).

Maybe this is a naive fantasy, but when I sit here and imagine my dream relationship (something I like to do, helps to get over the loneliness), I strangely see myself as a kid, just playing and exploring the world with a female friend the whole day. Laughing together, playing together, going on an adventure together, sharing both happiness and sadness. A love untouched from adult things like lust, sex, betrayal, the pressures of society... I guess this is also why I like childhood friend stories so much.

Well, as you can see, I have some issues with sex. However, I deeply respect people who want to wait with sex until they have found the right person. Not only for going against the flow of society, but also because, despite all my resentment, it's somehow romantic. If I'd ever have sex then it would be with the one person I want to be with. And haha, I know this totally contradicts what I said above but my feelings about this topic are indeed a bit conflicting.

Lastly, sorry for the graphic language, but I felt it was the only way to bring across what's on my mind.

Nov 29, 2013 7:42 PM

May 2010
While I think you're views on it are a little wacky, I do understand your conflicting sentiment towards it.

To me a proper relationship is when both people have determined that neither is above one or the other. Whether they throw insults at each other, or hold each other on a pedestal, both understand they are both equal. As far as sex is concerned, you have a lot of thoughts about it, but I think at its most basic level it shouldn't be considered impure.

If the problem is one has the lead at any given time, then just think about other situations where that's also the case. Say someone falls off a cliff and you grasp their hand in order to pull them back up. In that given situation, you're in the lead, right? You're doing all the action, you have all the responsibility, you're the one who controls the situation. But you're not going to think of it like that, are you?

It's the same thing. Essentially. At least normal sex is. When it comes to things like rape, it's another story. So as long as you're with someone you trust, who trusts you, I think it's alright, as long as both sides are respecting that trust.
Nov 29, 2013 8:15 PM

Sep 2013
Thrashinuva said:

If the problem is one has the lead at any given time, then just think about other situations where that's also the case. Say someone falls off a cliff and you grasp their hand in order to pull them back up. In that given situation, you're in the lead, right? You're doing all the action, you have all the responsibility, you're the one who controls the situation. But you're not going to think of it like that, are you?

That's true but it's neither a dominating nor a violent situation like I think sex is. I just see love and sex as 2 completely seperate things that can't mix with each other. Now while that's true, I don't want to have sex with someone I don't love either so I guess I'll just have no sex at all. But that's all just theorycrafting, since I have nobody I like anyway :/

Nov 29, 2013 8:24 PM

Jun 2013
I've basically lost hope in anything that's got to do with love and relationships. Not because I wanted to, but because of the experiences I had dealing with relationships. I fell in love and out of love all the time, mainly because no girl was ever interested in a guy like me. There were instances when I did not have the courage to tell how I felt (yeah, it was quite cowardly of me), and instances when I did have the guts to actually tell how I felt (which ended up with a big no).

I suppose the main reason why I gave up on anything that's got to do with relationships was because I spent a total of 10 years loving 3 girls respectively. It was pretty much a huge waste of emotional plus mental exertion, time and effort for me. I'll admit, I was the hopeless type. No matter how many times a girl rejects my feelings for her, I'd still hold on to it as if my life depends on it. I think that can add up as my other main reason why?

So long story short, I'm 20+ and still a virgin because I gave up in relationships and when I do fall in love with someone, I'll always be this hopeless somebody who'll hold on to her, putting her above myself and would do everything for her even if it means hurting myself countless of times in the inside.

I know my personal experience will never compare to what many of you guys have went through... >.> Many have already told me how stupid I was hanging on even though I knew very well they would never love me back. That's why I'm through with it and would rather spend my time on 2D anime girls. I have a waifu though~ :3
This is a signature.
Nov 29, 2013 8:32 PM

Sep 2013
Welcome mew ^^

It may sound shallow but don't give up just yet! At least you seem to be getting close enough to girls that you can actually fall in love with them. The time will come when you'll love somebody and that person will love you back, eventually. We're still young after all :P

Nov 29, 2013 8:45 PM

May 2010
Mew I know how you feel. This girl that cheated me has been around for 10 years. I liked her from the start and she never returned the feelings at all for years, but no matter how bleak I just never gave up. She probably only ever eventually reciprocated anything at all because she was lonely. I wasted a lot of my time, energy, and emotions on her. The worst part is that I'm still wasting some kind of effort on her.

Even as I hope for a relationship with another woman I still hope she'll come back to me. I still think about her. I still cry. I'm much better than I ever was. I sleep much better, though I've been having nightmares lately, and every few nights I wake up suddenly, immediately sitting upright and reaching out, almost as if trying to catch something. (Yeah, that's "better" to me right now)

I think what you NEED to do is spend time apart from her. Even if all you're doing is texting her, stop. End things. After a while... even if you still love her... You'll start to notice just how much you've been putting up with, and how much you really don't deserve to put up with. You'll be able to take a more logical stance and let your heart take a back seat (I know that sounds impossible right now).

At this point I can honestly say if I was in a relationship with another woman, I wouldn't let my ex take me back. It would be incredibly painful, but I could make that decision. However I couldn't continue to keep talking to her, otherwise I'd break.
Nov 29, 2013 9:21 PM

Jun 2013
Shiratori99 said:
Welcome mew ^^

It may sound shallow but don't give up just yet! At least you seem to be getting close enough to girls that you can actually fall in love with them. The time will come when you'll love somebody and that person will love you back, eventually. We're still young after all :P

Nah, I currently have more important things to worry about, like my current service in the army and when I have Adjustment Disorder. =_= Thanks for the concern though Shiratori-san. :3 I'll consider once the time is right (and when I'd eventually have a valid reason why I should start looking for a true relationship).

PS: Thanks for the warm welcome~ c:

Thrashinuva said:
Mew I know how you feel. This girl that cheated me has been around for 10 years. I liked her from the start and she never returned the feelings at all for years, but no matter how bleak I just never gave up. She probably only ever eventually reciprocated anything at all because she was lonely. I wasted a lot of my time, energy, and emotions on her. The worst part is that I'm still wasting some kind of effort on her.

Even as I hope for a relationship with another woman I still hope she'll come back to me. I still think about her. I still cry. I'm much better than I ever was. I sleep much better, though I've been having nightmares lately, and every few nights I wake up suddenly, immediately sitting upright and reaching out, almost as if trying to catch something. (Yeah, that's "better" to me right now)

I think what you NEED to do is spend time apart from her. Even if all you're doing is texting her, stop. End things. After a while... even if you still love her... You'll start to notice just how much you've been putting up with, and how much you really don't deserve to put up with. You'll be able to take a more logical stance and let your heart take a back seat (I know that sounds impossible right now).

At this point I can honestly say if I was in a relationship with another woman, I wouldn't let my ex take me back. It would be incredibly painful, but I could make that decision. However I couldn't continue to keep talking to her, otherwise I'd break.

Ahh, so I'm not alone in this. I've already gotten over my last unrequited love, though. And since I'm busy serving the army I don't have the spare time to think through what I went through. I'm still talking with this girl though (my last unrequited love), but not that frequent. We only meet like, once every 2 weeks or so. But my feelings for her has been nothing but dead nowadays.

Basically, I feel nothing about her anymore. She broke my heart. We just meet and talk and grab some tea whenever there's time.
This is a signature.
Dec 3, 2013 1:07 AM

Jul 2012
HypeMaster said:
cause i never had a girlfriend thats why!

Short and simple.
MangaList | AnimeList
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." -Joshua Graham
Dec 3, 2013 4:53 AM

Jun 2012
I'm just not interested in sex at all. I'm not religious, I've looked at porn before, male and female, and it just doesn't turn me on.

I am however interested in having a close relationships with someone. I haven't met that "someone" yet, but I'd love to have a person who I can be intimate with, rely on and have them rely on me. Probably too idealistic, right?

It doesn't actually bother me that much if they were male or female. I've had dreams before of having both male and female partners. But "ideally", for me, I'd rather that someone be a female around the same age as me; I just find females more attractive looking (not in a sexual way).

Anyway, I'm 18 but I assume I'll be the same in 2 years as I am now so I thought I'd just post it here.
Shoot first, think never.
Dec 4, 2013 8:45 PM

Jan 2012
Very serious and intriguing stories I'm reading here. I give you guys a lot of credit for being able to drop heat in here.

As for myself, nothing too crazy. I used to be a person afraid of approaching the opposite sex out of respect and out of lacking confidence. It was pretty much this way from childhood up to high school.

It was in college that I met someone online while playing MapleStory, falling for her rather quickly. She was about 5-6 years younger, a bit weird, and had a few health conditions. She deceived me and played around with me a bit, but I still insisted blindingly that we could make things work. I was so caught up with her maturity and wisdom, especially for someone her age. However, over the year or so I was with her, I made mistakes of my own while someone else (who also played the game) took advantage of those same mistakes. It's not like we had much going on outside of the game either, and my personal life was a mess at the time, particularly with academics.

Eventually our relationship crumbled over the year or so and I took the brunt of the fall, telling her straight up she could be with the other guy instead. From there on out, it's been a rather lengthy uphill climb back to a steady lifestyle, but everything was all for the better. Learned my lessons and made the necessary adjustments over time to put myself in a position to win down the road.

Nowadays though, I'm just too indifferent to most things around me and would rather take up a relationship with cars/motorcycles than one involving a woman. I know what I want in life, which certainly isn't centered around women or love. That said, I'm still open to the possibility that someone can find me and sweep me off my feet.
Dec 4, 2013 9:29 PM

May 2010
I wish I could take credit. But really all I've been doing is venting. If I had kept this all bottled up inside, I would have literally lost my mind (I can't stress this enough, I really would have gone crazy). I've vented to just about everyone I know.
Dec 4, 2013 9:39 PM

Jan 2012
@Thrashinuva
Always helps to have different perspectives on the issue. It's gotta be tough to be in your situation though. I can't say right now that I can replicate that kind of dedication or commitment. Something I'll definitely have to take into account in the future so that I don't go in with a half-hearted or one-sided approach and get killed in the long run.

Venting is fine. It's when it leads to physical violence and other destructive means that it's not so great.

Btw, looks like were on the same page on quite a few things (looking at your profile)! I like that.
Dec 4, 2013 10:08 PM

May 2010
Too bad I was punished for it. It's always nice to meet people similar to me, but I wish everyone who ever watched anime lived in North Carolina ._.
Dec 5, 2013 6:11 AM

Jun 2013
StyleF1re said:
Eventually our relationship crumbled over the year or so and I took the brunt of the fall, telling her straight up she could be with the other guy instead.

Wow, who knew there'd be someone other than myself who'd thought of that that way?
This is a signature.
Dec 5, 2013 9:34 AM

Apr 2012
Thrashinuva said:

I was fascinated by your experience.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 5, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2010
Honestly I'm always thinking about it. I wake up thinking about her. Even when I want to be over her, even when I feel like I'm over it. I've always thought of her though even before now. It's a huge pain. I don't know what to do, and I don't even know what I can do. Move on? I feel like whether or not I choose to move on, it'll eventually happen regardless of my choice, if that's how it has to be. Because of that, I find it extremely difficult to give up. I say things like "I'm okay" and "I don't want her back", and I genuinely mean them, but the next morning I still wish she was talking to me. The next day I still cry.
Dec 5, 2013 8:28 PM

Jan 2012
mew91 said:
StyleF1re said:
Eventually our relationship crumbled over the year or so and I took the brunt of the fall, telling her straight up she could be with the other guy instead.

Wow, who knew there'd be someone other than myself who'd thought of that that way?

It's just the way the ball rolls sometimes. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and accept defeat, as there's always another day to contend. I didn't understand that at the time, but thank goodness it played out the way it did.

@Thrash
Wish I could offer you advice on this, but even I wouldn't know what to do in your shoes. Like, every now and then I ponder the thought of trying to talk to that girl I liked just as friends and to make amends, but I know better than to open Pandora's box for a second time. It's not what I really want in life, nor is it something I'll need.
Dec 5, 2013 11:06 PM

May 2010
I'm honestly bummed over every aspect of it. She was my best friend, my childhood friend, the one who knew me the best. Even not having a relationship I want to be friends with her. Unfortunately if I talk to her, I'll fall for her again (I always do). It'll be just that much more painful for me, and I'll never be able to let go.

I've come under the realization that she's never really understood me. She knows me, and she knows what I'm going to do before I do it. But having said that she never seems to have ever trusted me, and she never took the time to get to know me. You'd think after all this time she'd know everything about me, but I feel like a recent friend of mine has learned more about me in 1 month than she has in 10 years. And this friend of mine knows me better in ways, because they actually trust me, so when I tell them my intentions, they realize what kind of person I actually am, instead of suspecting me or doubting me.

I guess I fell in love with the devil of relationships. Someone who can't ever take anyone seriously, who can't take her future seriously. She probably genuinely wants to be single for the rest of her life, while I've always wanted to just hold on to one person for the rest of my life. I knew it before, but I had believed she had changed.
Dec 6, 2013 8:19 AM

Jun 2013
Thrashinuva said:
I'm honestly bummed over every aspect of it. She was my best friend, my childhood friend, the one who knew me the best. Even not having a relationship I want to be friends with her. Unfortunately if I talk to her, I'll fall for her again (I always do). It'll be just that much more painful for me, and I'll never be able to let go.

Wow, that reminded me of this girl I fell in love with and went through the exact thing as you for 6 years. It totally burned everything inside of me (and eventually made me the sour grape when it comes to love and relationships).

Although it was a long-distance friendship, we shared everything together as though we were just neighbours. I had to deal with her rejecting my feelings during those years and witnessing all the 3 relationships she had from start to end. As the usual hopeless person was I, I held on to my feelings like an idiot as if my life depended on it. Maybe it was because she was all I had back then? I was quite the depressive sociopath during that time. Of course, anyone can call someone stupid for holding on? I was that kind of person.

And I have to admit I do miss her sometimes, wondering how is she doing and the likes. But after having going through that, I started stunning everything that has to do with relationships. How bad? To the extent I would mock at every couple showing affection, especially those who just broke up, believing that things would just never work out. Yeah, I know it's just stupid and ignorant of me.

Maybe it's my fault for giving up? Maybe. But who wants to go through all that hurt? And to my own amusement, being affectionate with a 2D girl made me a lot happier. How hopeless is that?

Anyway, I apologize if I sound like I'm ranting in this reply. Haha. ^^"
This is a signature.
Dec 6, 2013 11:13 AM

Oct 2012
Pretty simple - if you are still virgin by 30 years, you become a magician :D

But if we take it seriously, I am in country, where I am not of the main nation, so I can instantly forget about around 75% girls, I could be possibly interested in, just because even though I understand the countries language pretty good, it's still not good enough to have fun with a person.

My job also pretty much disables any long term relations, even if I found someone, doubt she would say with me, since I would be amiss big time.
But well, what am I here talking about relation, if topic is about virginity...

I guess after all my first sentence was most on topic one. It's easy to lose virginity, but there's just no point, since it involves either losing money or/and huge amounts of time, which I better spend on simply fapping I guess.
I am trying to do everything 100% efficiently, no matter what I do, and that involves the sexual part - if someone would just come and tell to have sex without relations for free, I would of course agree, but let's be realists, for sex you either pay or pretend you have something humans tend to call 'love' towards person for some time.

But as realist as I am - the most efficient way to relax sexually was to fap, and I don't think it will change, but who knows, the older you get, the more you change, so maybe sometimes I will forget about trying to do all perfectly and will simply try to make a family, but currently, I find it pointless, I didn't see anything worth living for so far, or at least I doubt someone would want to live through the same life I did while growing up, so relations is out of question, since long time ones involve getting a kid big time...

Well, now that's a big chunk of text, I will stop there.
HentaichegDec 6, 2013 11:23 AM
Dec 6, 2013 4:14 PM

May 2010
mew91 said:
Wow, that reminded me of this girl I fell in love with and went through the exact thing as you for 6 years. It totally burned everything inside of me (and eventually made me the sour grape when it comes to love and relationships).

Although it was a long-distance friendship, we shared everything together as though we were just neighbours. I had to deal with her rejecting my feelings during those years and witnessing all the 3 relationships she had from start to end. As the usual hopeless person was I, I held on to my feelings like an idiot as if my life depended on it. Maybe it was because she was all I had back then? I was quite the depressive sociopath during that time. Of course, anyone can call someone stupid for holding on? I was that kind of person.

And I have to admit I do miss her sometimes, wondering how is she doing and the likes. But after having going through that, I started stunning everything that has to do with relationships. How bad? To the extent I would mock at every couple showing affection, especially those who just broke up, believing that things would just never work out. Yeah, I know it's just stupid and ignorant of me.

Bro I feel ya! T_T

I didn't have to go through her having any relationships until now. Maybe that's why it hurts so much. I hope you've gained a little more faith in love, but I can't blame you. I can totally understand why you lost that faith, I almost lost it too.
Dec 6, 2013 8:46 PM

Jun 2013
Thrashinuva said:
mew91 said:

Bro I feel ya! T_T

I didn't have to go through her having any relationships until now. Maybe that's why it hurts so much. I hope you've gained a little more faith in love, but I can't blame you. I can totally understand why you lost that faith, I almost lost it too.

Imagine building a house of your own and resided in it. And then the floods came and destroyed it. Then you rebuilt it. Then they came again and destroyed it, and you rebuilt it. Destroyed and rebuilt. Destroyed and rebuilt.

The point of giving up went like this: What's the point rebuilding if the floods kept coming? Screw it all, I'm going nomad-mode.

Yeah, that was how it was like for me. </3

And then someone would tell me about moving on to another girl and fall in love with her. The way of thinking I have is: "Love is like a weather system - It's unpredictable. If you're destroyed and nothing's left, game over. Why stay when a storm approaches?"

I'm sorry bro, but it's truly hard for me to say that I'll gain more faith or believe more in love and relationships. So yeah. :/
This is a signature.
Dec 6, 2013 10:49 PM

May 2010
Love is hardly going to kill you, even though you might feel like dying.

If you're happy without it, I guess that's fine. I'm always looking for it though. And even though it felt impossible I'm even talking to a girl now that I'm interested in, and I've started to like her more than my ex.

Though to me there are two different scales. Like, and love. I like this other girl more, but the love is still pretty low. Whereas I'm piss at my ex and I dislike everything about her right now, but I still am pretty much madly in love with her.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Opinion on volcel (voluntary celibacy)?

UnipolarUnicorn - Dec 16, 2019

2 by fullmoon »»
Sep 5, 1:45 PM

» [NEW] Virgin Achievements v.2

Krunchy - Jul 1, 2015

14 by Di62028 »»
Feb 1, 2017 3:05 AM

» What did you use your time on instead?

LisaOfShades - Feb 10, 2014

10 by Meikyuuiri_Tsumi »»
Jun 3, 2016 11:42 AM

» Virgin Achievements ( 1 2 )

Krunchy - Dec 6, 2013

82 by Krunchy »»
Jul 1, 2015 11:20 AM

» former virgin

tthammy - Aug 8, 2014

11 by DeadAccount666 »»
Apr 8, 2015 5:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.