Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 21, 2008 9:42 AM
Oct 2008
Hello to everyone. I was thinking that we should get this topic up sometime, so I would like to hear everyone else's opinion on which anime convention we should go to.

Personally, I'm in favor of Tekkoshocon. Not only does it have the essentials of an anime convention, there will be many guests. Also, my dad's lawfirm is situated in Pittsburgh, so he could chaperone for us and would be able to get a good hotel for us. That's just my opinion, though. What about everyone else?
"Those who lay eyes on a Gundam shall not live to tell about it."
-Trowa Barton, Gundam Wing
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 22, 2008 10:41 AM

Oct 2008
How about the New York Anime Festival? I could make cosplay costumes for everyone. How about it?
If I'm crying at your funeral, then I'm laughing too hard. If you're crying at my funeral, then you're dead.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature....
If Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore, the majority of the teenage population would die. If you are the other 2% laughing your asses off, copy and paste this into your signature...
Dec 22, 2008 12:08 PM
Oct 2008
I'm in favor of the New York Anime Festival as well. I went there this year, and had a lot of fun at it. If we could, I would like to go to both Tekkoshocon and the NYAF.
Dec 22, 2008 12:42 PM

Oct 2008
I really could make cosplay costumes for anyone who wants.
If I'm crying at your funeral, then I'm laughing too hard. If you're crying at my funeral, then you're dead.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listens to real music, copy and paste this into your signature....
If Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe anymore, the majority of the teenage population would die. If you are the other 2% laughing your asses off, copy and paste this into your signature...
Dec 22, 2008 1:44 PM
Oct 2008
It depends: which costumes are you willing to make, and how good is the quality of your costumes? (I don't mean that in a bad way.)
Dec 22, 2008 6:39 PM

Oct 2008
Yeah, I'd like to go to both Tekkoshocon and NYAF too. I don't think we have anything important in school during Tekkoshocon, so we should be able to go. I'll try to force everyone who's in the club to come on the next meeting we have after the holidays (which happens to be my birthday :D), so we can see how many hotel rooms we'd need. As for transportation, NYAF should definitely not be a problem for any of us, but I have no idea how we'd get to Tekkoshocon. We can always take a train there and coordinate that somehow.

We could make cosplay costumes during the club, if you want. The art teacher loves me and Jane, so we could go to her room and work on stuff there.
Trouble with tests?
Fighting with your parents?
Some girl you like?
Odiferous nethers?

If you have enough calcium, all of these can be solved!
Dec 22, 2008 7:18 PM
Oct 2008
Don't worry about hotels or transportation for Tekkoshocon. When I talked to my dad about it, he offered to drive us all there and to get us hotel rooms, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Dec 23, 2008 4:43 AM
Oct 2008
Alright guys, this is a little off topic, but today, I will be leaving for Hawaii for holiday break. I might have Internet access at the hotel I'm staying at, but just in case it doesn't, I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas/Happy Hannakah/etc. See you all later, whether it's tommorow or in the New Year!
Dec 23, 2008 9:05 AM

Oct 2008
See you in the new year! I'll make the costumes as best I can.
Dec 24, 2008 6:39 PM
Oct 2008
Alright people! I'm in Hawaii now after a long adventure, and it's currently 4:44 as I type this message! Most of you probably won't get this message until later, but when you do, Merry Christmas to you all!
Dec 24, 2008 11:30 PM
Oct 2008
Hey guys, I have a bit of bad news. Remember when I said my dad would get us hotel rooms? Well, apparently, it was a misunderstanding. He can get us money off of the rooms. We'll have to pay for the rooms ourselves. Sorry for the misunderstanding!
Dec 25, 2008 10:31 AM

Oct 2008
Damn.
Dec 25, 2008 11:22 AM
Oct 2008
Sorry :(. Anyway, on a lighter note, it's Christmas Day! I hope everyone got everything they wanted, as I'm very satisfied with what I got. On that note, Merry Christmas and enjoy all of your new presents! And to those of you who are not Christian, I still hope you are enjoying your holidays!
Dec 27, 2008 9:20 AM

Oct 2008
It's two days after Christmas, baka.
Dec 30, 2008 10:33 PM
Oct 2008
True, I am quite the baka. Anyway, moving on, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Years' Eve! Hawaii is alright, but nothing beats hanging out with you guys! Hope you enjoy today!
Dec 31, 2008 8:47 AM

Oct 2008
Lmfao, you weren't supposed to agree with me, baka.
Dec 31, 2008 7:16 PM
Oct 2008
Alright people, I know this is early, but I won't be able to get a computer by midnight, so to everyone, I wish you all a Happy New Year! Enjoy!

Jan 1, 2009 3:24 PM

Oct 2008
Kanpai!
Jan 4, 2009 1:24 PM
Oct 2008
Hello once again, for my final holiday related message! Today (well, tomorrow in your time zone) I shall be returning home from Hawaii! Unfortunately, I will be missing school because of this, but I'll finally be back! Hope to see you all on Tuesday!
Jan 5, 2009 10:31 AM

Oct 2008
Lmfao.
Jan 5, 2009 10:49 AM

Oct 2008
Welcome back!

So I guess we can talk about Tekkoshocon on Friday with everyone, and see what the others have to say and go into more detail on raising money and such.
Trouble with tests?
Fighting with your parents?
Some girl you like?
Odiferous nethers?

If you have enough calcium, all of these can be solved!
Jan 6, 2009 8:02 AM

Oct 2008
Yosh!
Jan 10, 2009 9:35 AM
Oct 2008
Alright people, read up. I did some research on the date of Tekkoshocon, and I found out that it takes place on the weekend before our Easter vacation begins. THis means if any of you have plans for Easter vacation, this could pose a problem. Also in bad news, my dad seems intent right now in talking me out of going to Tekkoshocon because of the timing. I'll keep trying to convince him, but I'll have to see. So if any of your families have Easter plans, you should check now.
Jan 12, 2009 10:13 AM

Oct 2008
I'm not catholic so I don't care if we go on Easter. I just care if we go or not.

Coleen Clinkenbeard Rules!!!!!!!!!
Jan 12, 2009 10:26 AM
Oct 2008
Alright, the good news is that my dad finally agreed to let us go to Tekkoshocon, and he'll drive us there. However, we'll still need to pay for everything else, including food, tickets, hotel rooms, and anything we decide to buy on the trip. So start saving up people!

BTW, OnePieceFan, are you sure your parents will let you go? I mean, if they wouldn't let you go to the Palisades, wouldn't it be harder to convince them to let you come with us to Tekkoshocon?
Jan 12, 2009 2:50 PM

Oct 2008
I'll try to convince them.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Propostiton-Palisades Mall

GundamAce - Jan 2, 2009

11 by Hedgie-chan »»
Jan 19, 2009 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.