Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2013 7:08 AM

Apr 2009
Just look at the voice actors and the trailer:

I will definitely rewatch this movie in Japanese. Will you do the same?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 21, 2013 7:46 AM

Apr 2012
...The moment I get faster internet, I swear...
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 21, 2013 8:51 AM

Apr 2013
As long as the japanese chick dubber is better than the original I will definitely watch it
Jul 21, 2013 2:11 PM

Oct 2011
This is stream worthy right here.
Jul 21, 2013 4:07 PM

Apr 2009
I've already watched this in the cinema but the VA cast makes me want to get the JP release.

doraemon1992 said:
As long as the japanese chick dubber is better than the original I will definitely watch it
It's Megumi Hayashibara, what do you think?
Jul 22, 2013 3:02 AM

Apr 2013
Nilvius said:
I've already watched this in the cinema but the VA cast makes me want to get the JP release.

doraemon1992 said:
It's Megumi Hayashibara, what do you think?
Megumi Hayashibara as in THE Megumi Hayashibara who did Cowboy Bebop's Faye valentine? really?

Though I was personally dissapointed by Rinko Kikuchi's performance in Pacific Rim. She looks like someone who just graduated from acting class rather than a nominee for best support actress from Babel.
Jul 22, 2013 11:08 PM

Apr 2012
lordzeru said:
This is stream worthy right here.

Agreed. Anyone willing to stream?
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Jul 22, 2013 11:14 PM

Jul 2013
Why? I'll never understand why people dub over foreign films. It makes zero sense. I've never seen a single instance where it didn't butcher the original. How is the scene where she talks in Japanese and assumes he won't understand her gonna work? How does it make sense that everyone in the world would speak Japanese when there's only one Japanese character anyway? And then the audiovisuals never sync perfectly.

doraemon1992 said:
Megumi Hayashibara as in THE Megumi Hayashibara who did Cowboy Bebop's Faye valentine? really?
It's funny because Cowboy Bebop was one of the only instances ever where the dub is superior to the original.
LuvSosa69Jul 22, 2013 11:22 PM
I'm cooler than a cooler
Big shouts out to my jeweler
Bitch Chief Sosa stack dat mula
JezusBull said:
Ohh the ignorant masses, poor, ignorant people.
Kimi no Iru Machi said:
Whether it's in Tokyo or the countryside, panties will always remain the same. And the heart of the man who tries his best is also the same.

Jul 23, 2013 10:36 AM

Apr 2013
LuvSosa69 said:
doraemon1992 said:
It's funny because Cowboy Bebop was one of the only instances ever where the dub is superior to the original.
ahaha, I am agree with that, It's just that I rewatch bebop recently and somehow remember Megumi, hence the comment. But upon checking her data, I just know that she has a quite incredible milestone in voice acting.

anyway, Dub version indeed turns out worse than the original in most of the time, but like useless 3D upon some title, it sells. No matter how small, it always garner some profits.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favourite Jäger design?

Nidhoeggr - Jul 21, 2013

13 by Nikin »»
Jul 30, 2013 1:58 PM

» Pacific Rim Review: SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS [spoilers]

DraconisMarch - Jul 21, 2013

3 by DraconisMarch »»
Jul 23, 2013 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.