Forum Settings
Forums
Silver Spoon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2013 3:34 PM

May 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
spoiler: http://www.mangainn.com/mangaraw/chapter/431_silver-spoon_chapter_77/page_18

I feel sorry for the pig. Every time I saw an animal being cut for human purpose, makes me feel sympathize for it.
Jun 5, 2013 7:03 AM

Mar 2008
Another one of those more realistic looks into the path that leads to your meal. Definitely a rough process to see how they end up. Knocked out, bled out, and dismembered. But....I can't give up on my meat products so that's just the reality that must be lived with. Not a comfortable thing to look at even in the manga though.

Feel bad for Mikage though with that phone-call. Of course only gives her more motivation and fire to reach her goal. Also more pressure, but that can't really be helped. Just hope that the Mikage and Hachiken combo can handle this. A somber thing with the horses she loved getting used to fund her education.

Not an easy chapter, but that's part of the series.
Jun 7, 2013 6:40 PM

Sep 2011
That was a rough chapter for me.
Im a horse person and a vegetarian because of not being able to not think about where stuff comes from. When I was taking care of some cows for a neighbor my friends had a barbeque and I found out my hamburger was from one of the cows I took care of so now I'm a veg.
The thought of people eating horses is like the same as canabalism to me. I even went to a local college instead of a much much better one cause I didn't want to sell my horses, but then later I had to sell my Arabian when I had to move but I sold him to a girl who was going to show him. I could Never forgive my family for doing something like that, but that's me.
But I like this series because it is realistic and talks about how hard some things are.
Jun 9, 2013 10:20 AM
Oct 2010
Do you guys think the manga is approaching a conclusion anytime soon? I recently got into it and got caught up...I hope Winter arc isn't gonna be the end. Then again if they continue it I don't know what they could show if it's the Spring Vacation > 2nd year of school...

Gahhhh Arakawa why are you so good at creating characters!!!
Jun 12, 2013 9:19 AM

May 2011
I'm glad that they made sure to have Aikawa along. I love that he made sure to ask questions while being still all unsettled by it. I never thought before about vet students working at a slaughterhouse before. But I could definitely see the sense in it.
Dec 4, 2018 4:12 PM

May 2010
That wasn't an easy read, but I feel like I learnt a lot from it! I feel like every meat-eater should know and understand how it's made and where it's coming from.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 3 Discussion

account123 - Apr 22, 2011

12 by thoitrangkratos »»
Nov 12, 2022 8:25 AM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 16 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 8, 2011

6 by Zankrax »»
Oct 28, 2022 7:34 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 10 Discussion

shithousnik - Jun 29, 2011

10 by Zankrax »»
Oct 22, 2022 12:56 PM

Poll: » Gin no Saji Chapter 78 Discussion

SilentTruth - Jun 19, 2013

7 by ChibiTalha »»
Jun 12, 2022 8:16 PM

» Was this a rushed conclusion?

JCDRANZER - May 1, 2021

6 by Adampk »»
Mar 16, 2022 9:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.