Forum Settings
Forums

Campione! Episode 4 Discussion! Do you think this is series to insult Greece?

New
Jul 27, 2012 11:08 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find Athena with the bow in the following,

Was well done. Nice face and serious stance. The setup with light around her shows how glorious as much as the light of God whom is the father of Jesus is.

However I find her face up close in the spoiler
to be rather made to tempt and lust. I find her body composition rather on purpose in the breast department. One needs a simple glance at how they protrude out of her clothing to see fan service plastering.

However in the spoiler
it shows more. The ornament on her head with the light was however quite nice and generous as a detail to her. As Athena indeed did receive that reward at one point for doing quite a good job/task she had.

Finally Athena in the following,

A rather nice way of displaying the snakes. The negative energy is well presented there.

Other than that Campione is quickly becoming a Erica in lust and heat anime. Where seems the saliva exchange and kissing only act as means of wanting to have that experience therefore going to get a girl IRL. IMO this will be a failure. There will be no Otaku nor anyone for that matter that could find a girl like Erica to do what she does to the MC. I wonder if the people in charge of this anime are having a knack for French kissing depiction + saliva à la Nazo x Kanojo + the lustful atmosphere?

That being said the means of fan service of this series and the making fun of the multi elements among them Greek Gods is starting to make me wonder if this is some form of hatred towards Greece or better yet why is done as it is done. It was never implied in anime such stances against a particularly culture or cultures.

That having been mentioned. I am just looking in this series at the action and what it has to offer in that field. I would also like to wonder if this is some feeble attempt at showing humans being able to steal God powers and use them against other of the same kin in a effort to prove humans control Gods and not them?

Too bad Athena lost, too bad they show list bits of her body. I would never lust for that. I love Athena as a Goddess and part of Greek myths not some anime that makes fun of her. Too bad MC did not suffer or get killed. I would have wanted it like that. Too bad Athena never does more than what she was shown in this episode.

So far it all pans out as main themes or goals from the creator/producer/director of this anime.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 27, 2012 12:36 PM

Jan 2012
I'm catched up now,
and I'll just say the light novel is better than the anime.
Jul 27, 2012 1:25 PM

Oct 2010
PsychoKitteh said:
I'm catched up now,
and I'll just say the light novel is better than the anime.
I know, they are over sexualiazing the notions of French Kissing and saliva. That is obvious visually, right?

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Apr 26, 2013 10:25 AM

Feb 2013
If you're watching a harem anime, that much can be expected. Besides, as long as it's funny, it can be rude as it wants and I don't really care, seeing I watch things like this because they're funny. However, this series wasn't made out of some to Greece and that is obvious for many reasons.
1.) It's not just Greek mythology, also Roman, Persian, etc
2.) If someone wanted to make a series out of hatred to Greece, it'd be about their mass debt and not their mythology from ancient times
3.) Athena is actually a good character

I also found your last comment about the series about "humans ruling gods and not gods ruling humans" to be stupid because the series makes gods so superior to humans it's crazy. In the light novel there's also lines like, "merely conversing with a God or being in the presence of one could drive an ordinary human's mind to its limits and possibly kill them" (or something allong those lines).
SalvatoreDoniJan 11, 2014 5:50 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione! Episode 09 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 3, 2012

1 by SalvatoreDoni »»
Apr 26, 2013 10:12 AM

» Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 30, 2012

1 by SalvatoreDoni »»
Apr 26, 2013 9:57 AM

Poll: » WALLPAPERS FOR YOUR COMPUTER!

Yumekichi11 - Jul 25, 2012

6 by YamiNoOkami »»
Mar 21, 2013 6:24 AM

Poll: » GIFs from Campione! Episode 13! Last ones!

Yumekichi11 - Sep 30, 2012

0 by Yumekichi11 »»
Sep 30, 2012 12:21 AM

Poll: » GIFs/Avatars from Campione! Episode 09! Liliana/Athena Fan Service time baby!

Yumekichi11 - Sep 3, 2012

1 by Falcomster »»
Sep 28, 2012 5:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.