Forum Settings
Forums

Zero no Tsukaima author Noboru Yamaguchi dies after battling cancer for 2 years.

New
Apr 10, 2013 7:00 PM
Dec 2010
It seems that Noboru Yamaguchi has passed away on April 4th after battling 2 years with cancer. Planned to finish the last two novels but never had the chance. Sad day for us ZnT fans who appreciated Noboru Yamaguchi's novels

http://www.mediafactory.co.jp/bunkoj/20130411/index.html
Apr 10, 2013 7:09 PM

Jan 2012
Time for JC to completely butcher the source material and finally give us another, all-original, 5th season.
Apr 10, 2013 7:11 PM
Dec 2010
Considering that Noboru Yamaguchi didn't finish he's final two volumes it would have to be like that.
Apr 10, 2013 7:26 PM

Mar 2012
Isn't his surgery success? R.I.P then. It was shame since I'm really like ZnT LN.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 10, 2013 7:27 PM

Dec 2011
It would be nice if they actually looked at his ideas and drafts for those last two novels and animated it in his memory.

I haven't watched Zero no Tsukaima since the second season, but I loved the first. Hope he rests in peace.
Apr 10, 2013 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
bNq said:
Time for JC to completely butcher the source material and finally give us another, all-original, 5th season.

I'm sorry but what can JC do to ZnT that the source material already hasn't?

Also I hope the Author can RIP.
Apr 10, 2013 7:30 PM
Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Isn't his surgery success? R.I.P then. It was shame since I'm really like ZnT LN.

You can't be saved from terminal cancer, once you get it you are fucked.

Anyways, this is fucking sad as hell. I was reading the novels, and now to know that it'll never be finished that's terrible. I feel bad that he couldn't finish what he wanted. It's sad the same thing happened to Kaze no Stigma's author. I send my prayers out to his family and rest in peace... even though you created the worst anime character ever...
Apr 10, 2013 7:31 PM

Mar 2012
PrincessJavi said:
NeoAnkara said:

Anyways, this is fucking sad as hell. I was reading the novels, and now to know that it'll never be finished that's terrible. I feel bad that he couldn't finish what he wanted. I send my prayers out to his family and rest in peace... even though you created the worst anime character ever...
Don't be like that. Loise is more likable in LN than in anime.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 10, 2013 7:32 PM

Jan 2013
PrincessJavi said:
NeoAnkara said:

Anyways, this is fucking sad as hell. I was reading the novels, and now to know that it'll never be finished that's terrible. I feel bad that he couldn't finish what he wanted. It's sad the same thing happened to Kaze no Stigma's author. I send my prayers out to his family and rest in peace... even though you created the worst anime character ever...

Wait so the novels are better than the anime?
Apr 10, 2013 7:33 PM

Mar 2012
Solvite said:
PrincessJavi said:
NeoAnkara said:

Yes. It was multiple times better.
Apr 10, 2013 7:35 PM
Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:

She is but she still flops around too much, from being a bitch to being cute. Once you think she changes for the better she does a complete 180 and becomes a bitch again. I hope that changes in the novels I haven't read yet but I'm pretty caught up to the translated ones.

Solvite said:

yep. the anime completely fucked up the adaptation. JC staff too op.
Apr 10, 2013 7:38 PM

Mar 2012
PrincessJavi said:
NeoAnkara said:

She is but she still flops around too much, from being a bitch to being cute. Once you think she changes for the better she does a complete 180 and becomes a bitch again. I hope that changes in the novels I haven't read yet but I'm pretty caught up to the translated ones.
I have read up to volume 14 and half of the volume 15. I could say she develop but her switch is still easy to triger.
Apr 10, 2013 7:44 PM
Jul 2012
NeoAnkara said:
PrincessJavi said:
NeoAnkara said:

I have read up to volume 14 and half of the volume 15. I could say she develop but her switch is still easy to triger.

I'm around the same part, I think I'll finish Volume 15 this week or something, but I don't see any particular changes in sight. Anyways, I don't want to get really off topic here, since the man died... R.I.P.
Apr 10, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2012
PrincessJavi said:
NeoAnkara said:
PrincessJavi said:
NeoAnkara said:

I'm around the same part, I think I'll finish Volume 15 this week or something, but I don't see any particular changes in sight. Anyways, I don't want to get really off topic here, since the man died... R.I.P.
I will also catching up as my thanks for author.
Apr 10, 2013 9:10 PM

Aug 2010
So what happens now, does the novel get dropped? This is the saddest day of my life... Damn it!
Apr 10, 2013 9:15 PM

Mar 2012
Donelop said:
So what happens now, does the novel get dropped? This is the saddest day of my life... Damn it!
It will be droped like MM novel.
Apr 10, 2013 9:15 PM

Jan 2012
Donelop said:
So what happens now, does the novel get dropped?
I guess so, happened for other works too... couldn't these guys hurry up a bit for once in a while? Pains me to never get a proper conclusion to this, MM or a few other titles.
Apr 10, 2013 10:29 PM
Mar 2013
RIP, Yamaguchi-sensei. You shall be missed. ;_;
Apr 10, 2013 11:05 PM

May 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO >..................<
Jan 22, 2017 5:58 PM
Jan 2017
I was so into his story especially the anime character looks. They just make me feel relaxed and filled with joy! Anyways. RIP author
Jan 22, 2017 6:01 PM
Jan 2017
I wished he never had cancer and never died! I knew that something was wrong that was why I couldn't wrap my head up that the story finished. So now why doesn't his sons also work on the movie as well as the light novels
Mar 4, 2017 2:09 PM
Dec 2010
PickyEater2 said:
I wished he never had cancer and never died! I knew that something was wrong that was why I couldn't wrap my head up that the story finished. So now why doesn't his sons also work on the movie as well as the light novels

He left a bunch of material for the last two novels to his editors. His family wanted to see it finished as well as the fans, so the published ended up finishing the last two novels.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think there will be a second anime?

removed-user - Sep 27, 2015

2 by Fabrizio00 »»
Feb 13, 2021 8:43 PM

» Translation is finally finished, this is a miracle.

Playcool - Apr 14, 2019

7 by Playcool »»
May 27, 2020 6:48 AM

» Zero no Tsukaima LN summaries anywhere?

AvidAnimeViewer - Apr 15, 2018

1 by AvidAnimeViewer »»
Apr 15, 2018 9:50 PM

» thinking about reading zero no tsukaima but i heard that author died...

Shadowworrier - Jan 21, 2018

4 by _Intense_ »»
Feb 12, 2018 12:39 PM

» Does the anime & the light novel have the same ending?

Sir_Alonne - Dec 17, 2017

1 by Deknijff »»
Dec 17, 2017 9:16 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.