Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2008 9:52 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like Stitch, but I won't keep watching this just because of him...

Overall, far too childish >_>

Oct 22, 2008 11:13 PM
May 2008
I was expecting something unsurprising. Indeed an adaptation of the tv series (Angel will be there) but feel's fresh, at least to me in a strange kind of way.

I've been a huge fan of the movie and not so much of the TV series, fact remains I love the characters.

Now, here we have this bizarre, I don't know if I should call it "alternate universe". Sure, it's still earth and it's still Stitch running from the Galactic Patrol (why?) but there's no mention of Lilo. Jumba is chasing him too, calling him by his name while GP still calls him 626 so I'd asume this is post Lilo (besides Stitch is already civil despite all the mess he causes). It was confusing trying to tie how this would fit if they were following cannon, so I gave up and will just wait and see.

Yuuna seems fine, she didn't bother me. I was expecting a japanese carbon copy version of Lilo and while there might be similarities yet to see, she's not her. And I don't know if other Disney Channels will get this one after seeing Stitch answering back on a fight with a girl, it might not go well with other parts of the world.

Animation is not great, nor the original beautiful watercolor backgrounds are present (the video quality wasn't that great either but can't be picky) but it's fine.

I'll keep on watching until I get bored. Who knows, maybe it'll turn out to be entertaining for more than a couple of episodes... and it's got Stitch :P
Nov 21, 2008 9:51 AM

Apr 2008
Sooo....
Is this show ever going to get subbed? -_-

Nov 25, 2008 10:48 AM

Jun 2008
first episode is subbed and on youtube

I think Stitch is adorable
Dec 18, 2008 1:17 PM

Nov 2008
mmm.. I was expecting more originality from this. I thought the idea of this American cartoon being adapted into an anime sounded nice, but I think I would of liked to see more of a Powerpuff girl z complete character redesigning.. I did not like how all the characters (save the few humans kids) looked the exact same as their American predecessors. The backgrounds, especially in the jungle, gave off a definite anime feel, while almost all the rest of the artwork gave off a strong western feel, seeing as how it was all already used in a western movie and series...
Jan 4, 2009 1:59 PM

May 2008
Saint_Yin said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like Stitch, but I won't keep watching this just because of him...

Overall, far too childish >_>
Basically the same. I would like for them to be more reason to watch it than just for Stitch. He's cute and I love him, but I don't think that's going to be enough to keep this series watchable.
Jan 4, 2009 2:23 PM

Jun 2008
it's enough for me :)

I'm starting to like kiddy shows again
Feb 11, 2009 11:12 AM

May 2008
oh well, it's pure joy to hear Stitch's japanese voice <33

So I guess I'll stick around until I get bored with the serie
Jul 23, 2009 4:23 AM

May 2008
I can't believe it took me so long to watch this.
I love Stitch.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 27, 2009 7:32 PM

Aug 2007
I like it but it pretty much tosses every movie out the window and tries to keep bits of the series. Sparky, Felix, Angel, and I think a few more experiments will be in this which makes no sense.

I'm really excited to see how the dub is going to mess with this.
Sep 30, 2009 12:58 AM

Apr 2008
I really enjoy this series so far. 8) I love Lilo & Stitch so I had no hesitation to watch Stitch!
I still find Stitch to be the same fuzzy lovable ball of blue fluff I found him to be in the movies and the series. Yuuna is adorable, and I just love her! XD Im glad she didnt turn out to be a carbon-copy of Lilo, or I would just be watching the whole series over again!
All their Japanese voices are great! 8D I love that Kappei plays Kijimuna too! >w< I thought Kijimuna was too cute~
I myself am a fan of children-oriented shows, as I watch them on TV alllll the time~! So to find that one of my favorite cartoons was going to be an anime, I was utterly excited!
Even though Ive only seen 3 episodes so far, Im looking forward to more and I think it has great potential! X'3

In short, LOVE THIS SHOW <3 :'D
HAPPY MARIA!
Apr 29, 2010 4:33 PM

Jan 2009
I was expecting a bit different but I do like it. :)
Stitch has a creepy laugh tho. xD

More topics from this board

» Which do you like better?

NativePride91 - Feb 1, 2016

3 by removed-user »»
Oct 6, 2023 12:45 PM

» Childhood Distroyed

YoloBear - Apr 2, 2016

2 by LastLuminescence »»
Jan 10, 2019 2:01 PM

» Why are people going to watch this?

hirahira - Oct 6, 2008

29 by ibraheem234 »»
Jan 20, 2016 3:44 AM

» ROFL

HidamariSeashore - Nov 18, 2012

0 by HidamariSeashore »»
Nov 18, 2012 3:23 PM

» Fansubbers

Ilyaoh - Oct 20, 2008

16 by Joe-kun »»
Aug 27, 2009 7:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.