Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mushishi
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 8, 2008 6:05 PM
Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So because he left and/or forgot his home a landslide occurred? Even though he forgot his family for so long, hard to think he deserved that.

Just like xxxHolic though, a little something goes a long way and then next thing you know your punished.
Feb 22, 2008 1:25 AM

Feb 2008
Rather sad what happened to the guy, but he kind of deserved it (from my point of view).
Ginko is a sneaky bastard, selling a fake xD
Mar 14, 2008 12:04 PM
Jul 2018
what gave him the inspiration to start drawing again?
Mar 24, 2008 9:31 PM

Feb 2008
I think it was probably the mushi in the area.

Mar 29, 2008 9:50 PM

Feb 2008
Kayro said:
Rather sad what happened to the guy, but he kind of deserved it (from my point of view).

I think it is not a fake. Since that kind of painting can be reproduced by using the same ingredients. The robe made from the materials of the mountain and the paint that has Usobana (Mushi) on it. So, it can be reproduced again.

But, I'm a little confused at this story. It looks like the episode is not complete again. Like the proper ending is missing. LOL! Also, got confused in the explanation on how does the smoke happens in the robe. Argh! Gonna watch this series again for the 2nd time. ^__^
Apr 28, 2008 7:18 PM

Oct 2007
ginki sold a fake to the teacher dude. that was so funny.

was a little confused by the effect the mushi had on the robe and how it connected to the landslide?
Jun 14, 2008 2:34 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
"yo, betsu ni ayashii mono ja" (I'm not anyone suspicious)--->LOL, you just appeared from inside the ground.....

the landslide was an an accident and has nothing to do with the mushi. The mushi (Ubusuna) is a local mushi that is like dirt. It is absorbed in all things living in the local area, like a nutrient. The artist's nephew is suffering from Ubusuna deficiency and becomes mentally retarded. Now that the haori is back, all lot of Ubusuna just came back and his nephew will grow as normal...

Seeing Ginko tricking the Teacher is just too amusing.

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 18, 2008 7:49 AM

Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:
"yo, betsu ni ayashii mono ja" (I'm not anyone suspicious)--->LOL, you just appeared from inside the ground.....

haha! yeah XP

and selling a fake/duplicate to the teacher was awesome too =]

totally off topic..well kinda..but i was watching House before and House and Wilson just reminded me of Ginko and Sensei (this guy really needs a name i can remember) - haha but yeah random but made me laugh...and anyone who read that is probably thinking "wtf is with this kid?" lol =]

i looked it up his name is Adashino...not something id remember easily
Jul 30, 2008 8:37 PM

Oct 2007
haha so funny to see Ginko randomly appear out of the ground

Aug 17, 2008 10:58 PM

Jun 2008
Some awesome Ginko moments in this one, randomly showing up out of the ground and selling a fake coat to Sensei. Also, a very sad story that ends happily. Great stuff all around.
"All I want in life is someone to put one of my quotes under their sig" -Perposterone
Aug 20, 2008 10:56 PM

Jan 2008
Ginko was lol this episode XD
Sep 1, 2008 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
YAY! Finally getting back into watching this series! ><

This episode was kind of sad cause I mean.... his dad and sis died. T__T
But it seemed to end up pretty happily since he got her child and he could draw again and the villagers started lieking him again. =O

Sig WILL change soon~
Oct 27, 2008 7:23 PM

Oct 2008
Nice ending after all =)
As Ginko appears, my first thouht was a mud-mushi-thingy xp but NO it's just Ginko lol xp
Never thought Ginko would sell a fake (on the other hand... it's not the first time Ginko break some rules...lol) Adashino will never see the smoke on the painting ._. (that's why Ginko gave so low information about the fake..lol)
Apr 10, 2009 10:46 AM

May 2008
I really expected this to be a two-parter, since they decided to skip the OP...
Jun 28, 2009 5:19 AM

Apr 2009
wakka9ca said:

the landslide was an an accident and has nothing to do with the mushi. The mushi (Ubusuna) is a local mushi that is like dirt. It is absorbed in all things living in the local area, like a nutrient. The artist's nephew is suffering from Ubusuna deficiency and becomes mentally retarded. Now that the haori is back, all lot of Ubusuna just came back and his nephew will grow as normal...

I think the landslide might have not been an accident, but was cause by the coat being taken away. Ginko said the Ubusuna attached itself to things that are from that mountain area and since the coat was made with matierials found in the area, it attracted many Ubusuna. With the Ubusuna leaving the area, it might've caused the soil to weaken thus causing a landslide. I disagree that it was Kai's fault or he deserved it, because he doesn't know about it.
Oct 14, 2009 6:09 AM

Jun 2008
"I'm not anyone suspicious" tehehe

I don't think it was Kai's fault, he obviously didn't know. He should have thought more about his family though and read the letters, so he could have returned sooner to bid them farewell. It was kind of confusing but nice none the less <3
Nov 21, 2009 8:18 PM

Aug 2009
Awesome!!! Best episode so far

Dec 19, 2009 3:52 PM
Oct 2009
this episode just explained why im so slow at learning and why im so underdeveloped...go Ginko paper chaser.. get that money!!
Dec 29, 2009 2:03 PM

Mar 2009
I forgot how Ginko can be hilarious at times XD
Feb 2, 2010 12:57 PM
Oct 2009
I thought this episode was not very good. It was kind of boring to me :/

Feb 19, 2010 7:11 PM

Sep 2008
Awesome episode.

It felt like a long movie even though it was so short. (Although technically all episodes feel like long movies when it comes to Mushishi.)
Apr 18, 2010 3:11 AM

Apr 2009
Nobody suspicious... hahaha xD
May 20, 2010 12:49 PM

Jan 2010
i don't know guys...the ending seems happy to me :)

sure everyone died in the landslide but e has the kid,and he didn't look sad to me at all...he was sadder when his family was alive and he was playing the crazy genius type...

overall,i did not like the 1st part of this episode but the 2nd part was awesome,it's a great episode :)
5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jul 2, 2010 4:18 PM

Dec 2009
tsukikage said:
I really expected this to be a two-parter, since they decided to skip the OP...

Weird! I thought I just somehow missed it on accident, lol.
Such junk...
Jul 16, 2010 2:50 PM
Feb 2009
IT WAS DRAWN BY THE PHANTOM ARTIST

funny episode, good one. At first it was like they were trying to make that guy suicidal with punch after punch to the face.
Aug 28, 2010 5:38 PM

Aug 2009
Traveller said:
I forgot how Ginko can be hilarious at times XD

Haha yeah.

Not a very mushi filled episode but left me smiling at the end nonetheless. Mushishi manages to make the most simplest of the episodes so so captivating.
Oct 24, 2010 12:55 PM
Jun 2008
I love Ginko's ¬_¬ expression XD. What a wiseass selling a fake to Adashino!
Nov 13, 2010 4:15 AM

Oct 2010
Hmm.. still wondering why they decided to skip the OP.

I like this one (hey, all my comments go along this line ._. )
And yes, it simply sucks that when small things go wrong, a big chunk of your life pays for it. Just glad this episode has more hopeful tunes in it.

And I personally love the scene where Ginko was absorbed into the ground more than when he was showing up lol
Jan 5, 2011 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
Nice ep.
It amazes me how unique and different each episode is.
I hope they keep it up till the end!

Jan 5, 2011 11:39 PM

Aug 2010
MiraiLink said:
wakka9ca said:

I think the landslide might have not been an accident, but was cause by the coat being taken away. Ginko said the Ubusuna attached itself to things that are from that mountain area and since the coat was made with matierials found in the area, it attracted many Ubusuna. With the Ubusuna leaving the area, it might've caused the soil to weaken thus causing a landslide. I disagree that it was Kai's fault or he deserved it, because he doesn't know about it.

Watch it again. He says the mushi attached to it BECAUSE a land slide happened, and it was looking for something that smelled like its home, which turns out to be the kimono.

The landslide was an accident, but because of it, the mushi needed a new home.
Jan 23, 2011 12:59 PM

Apr 2007
lol Ginko was so funny in this episode. This was another nice one, though I honestly thought the first half was a little boring.

fiane said:
Hmm.. still wondering why they decided to skip the OP.
Probably just to leave room for the whole story. I always skip the OP anyway so it saved me the trouble~
Mar 14, 2011 8:34 AM

May 2010
Quite enjoyable episode.

The story shows how humans become weak when blinded by their lustrous success and tend to forgot where they came from.

It was sad but not as tragic as the previous ones.

And lol, I can't help but laugh with Ginko.

When the muddy man started to form on the ground, I really thought it was a mushi

and when Ginko appeared saying, "Hey, I'm not someone suspicious." , I totally LMAO'd. xD

And yeah, Ginko selling a fake haori to his collector friend was also funny. :D
Apr 30, 2011 8:53 AM

Jul 2009
I liked how mushi were used as the reason for the inspiration of returning to your homeland.

Also lol @ Ginko popping out the ground XD
May 17, 2011 10:44 PM

Dec 2009
StormViruz said:

When the muddy man started to form on the ground, I really thought it was a mushi

Me too. And that painting of mountain sure is an awesome work.

Jun 5, 2011 7:06 AM

Jun 2009
Oh~ Ginko was utterly hilarious this episode. “I’m not anyone suspicious.” Yeah, right, Ginko.

It’s nice having a light-hearted ending once in a while, despite everything that happened before, it turned out well.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Sep 23, 2011 7:59 AM

Mar 2011
Quite the interesting episode (and a little sad too) if I do say so myself. Couple awesome scenes, such as Ginko popping out of the ground and Asashino(?) wanting the kimono jacket really badly.
Jan 25, 2012 9:20 PM

May 2010
Not much screentime for Ginko
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 27, 2012 3:53 PM
Jan 2012
Thillygooth said:

Watch it again. He says the mushi attached to it BECAUSE a land slide happened, and it was looking for something that smelled like its home, which turns out to be the kimono.

The landslide was an accident, but because of it, the mushi needed a new home.

Seems there's a hole in the story then :P
The landslide happened when he was away, and Ginko said the ubusuna couldn't live long outside its local area, so how did it get to the coat?

Asides that, this ep was lulz :D
Mar 11, 2012 6:01 AM

Sep 2008
Kayro said:

Bahaha, that was one of my favourite parts of the episode. :D If you think about it, it wasn't really a fake; it just wasn't the first of its kind, right?

Anyway, enjoyed the episode as always! Japanese watercolours are so pretty.
Mar 31, 2012 3:10 AM

Mar 2012
I also think that if there are so many of Ubusuna in the area, the new haori may work as earlier one ;)

But it doesn't change the fact that Ginko turned out to be little greedy XD
"There is no sincerer love than the love of food"
Jul 1, 2012 2:48 PM

Aug 2010
Renge91 said:

Man's gotta eat.
Jul 21, 2012 8:15 AM

Mar 2010
ginko was trolling the whole episode XD
Oct 27, 2012 6:55 AM

May 2012
Quite a nice story of a painter!
Feb 4, 2013 4:15 AM
Aug 2011
Renge91 said:
I also think that if there are so many of Ubusuna in the area, the new haori may work as earlier one ;)

The Ubusuna weren''t homeless when he painted the copy.
Feb 5, 2013 6:32 AM

Jan 2012
Ginko was hilarious this time, that mud bath lol.

Mar 6, 2013 6:54 AM

Sep 2012
Ah Ginko made me laugh appearing from the mud and selling the fake haha
May 17, 2013 3:19 PM
May 2013
The landslide was a natural disaster and that caused a lot of the mushi to go away. The child was born around this time and was not protected like all the others have been so she had mental problems. All of the materials that were used to make the coat were made from the homeland so after the landslide, a large amount of them(mushi) that had been swept away, nestled into the nearest thing to home which was his coat. He says when they are on the ground they turn to dirt (his pack getting heavy once he got to the villiage), when they are in the air they turn to smoke (coming from the coat and mountain because of the open air). All this occurs when they reach the homeland. That in turn, breathed new life into the mountain.
May 20, 2013 10:03 PM

Jun 2008
Haha, the bit with Ginko selling his doctor pal a fake cracked me up. As did him almost dying in the mud, when he's funny he's hilarious.

I don't completely grasp why the landslide occurred, if it was mushi related or just a happenstance, but everything beyond that made sense. Glad that things will go back to some semblance of normal for him and the village now.
May 30, 2013 12:54 PM

May 2013
Shinryuken said:
ginko was trolling the whole episode XD

... I'm not anything suspicious o-o
Jul 3, 2013 12:32 PM

Dec 2012
I looove the doctor!
Well even if Ginko had sold the original the mushi were already gone, so both original and copy were mushiless at the end.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Cruchyroll no longer has season 1 - where can we stream it instead?

Xinners - Sep 25

7 by CaptainSekiro »»
Sep 27, 1:05 PM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

289 by menacce »»
Sep 23, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

121 by menacce »»
Sep 23, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

95 by menacce »»
Sep 23, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Mushishi Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zippy - Feb 10, 2008

178 by menacce »»
Sep 22, 4:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.