Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2012 10:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I had to facepalm myself a few times but this guy sure was running fast:

The fight was okay I guess. Dat blazing punch~
Dec 18, 2012 1:16 PM

May 2012
i loved the animation and the fight, but i think they skiped some other things

also i miss the old seiyuu of miu but i guess the new one was okey
Dec 18, 2012 2:31 PM

Sep 2008
so nice~

i loved that...resume? after the ending it made me remember a lot of things

but..that sakaki, looks too exagerated in the anime version...still i loled at the continious falcon punches XDD

and this is over but tsukasa was still there in the ending,,,so can i hope for a second season?

still kagamine rie as miu...i hope they change that in the future...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 18, 2012 2:42 PM

Feb 2012
Wow still no new outfit .________________.
Dec 20, 2012 1:40 AM

Sep 2011
I think this was the best from all OVAs.
The first one was pretty much horrible and barely watchable, the second was OK, I liked it, but I think this one was slightly better than the previous one.
I guess the animation and graphics were just a little bit better as well. Of course, there were some lazines and if you play some fightscene in slowmo, you can see a lot of ugly solutions, but that's normal now (what a shame).
The story was cool, I loved that fight in the manga as well. Eclair is a deadly fighter but also a troll character itself, so you shouldn't take this episode too serious. When he was about outrunning a car in the highway, I was like WTF, I laughed so hard! :D
The fights were OK, I only expected a little bit detailed fight again from Miu against the french henchwomans, shame they missed it. Also, I expected something after the ending, like "stay tuned for the series" or something like that... I hope they'll announce that anyways a little bit later.
And ofc, Sakaki was epic as always.
So, it was a good OVA, and overall the three makes a watchable and enjoyable series. If there will be an anime, and the overall quality of each episodes will hit the second or third one's, it would be awesome!

Overall: 8 out of 10.
Dec 20, 2012 6:49 AM

Feb 2009
And here's that skipped arc with Christopher. Good. Where's my Shigure past arc?
Though still no disciple uniform wtf. They're really making him stick to casual clothes ._.
The fight was better here than in the first two, though the fiery punches are a bit of an exaggeration. And let's not forget the obligatory stripping of Miu. Those remaining shreds of her outfit are really conveniently covering the good parts ._. And I'm amazed at how many of those she has given the financial situation in Ryouzanpaku.

Decent episode and OVA overall. If they're gonna do another season which I don't think will happen, they really have to give him the disciple uniform already.
Dec 20, 2012 10:44 AM

Nov 2010
Why do you dissapoint me Kenichi. That was an ok OVA, though it wasn't great at all. Kenichi still has his too nice side, he never got to fight. Even Miu who had a speech about how strong and how Kenichi sticks with what he thinks is right, jumps into the fight between them(way to show how much you believe in him) and then Shio wraps up all the fighting, the same as the last OVA.
Dec 20, 2012 2:13 PM

May 2011
Damn, Shio totally pawned that French guy!
Dec 20, 2012 5:15 PM

Feb 2012
I really enjoyed this one, it was nice to see some of the good old stuff animated, and yeah, they left out some of the parts, but they were not that important as I remember right.

I hope they do more of these, they can take their time ofc. :D
Dec 20, 2012 5:25 PM
Dec 2012
I really love this anime and appriciate that they are trying to even make anything out of this. BUT. These OVA episodes is not what I want. If they are going to detroy the amazing manga episodes I've read with jumping forward every episode and killing the story then I'm not sure that's what I want.. Are they just going to show the fights in D of D or what? It's crazy and what about furunji miu and elders voices? I think this is shit and that they should focus on really doing this anime.. The manga is really popular and extremely good it's just a waste.. :/
Dec 22, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
Anime anime! Give us our anime! Best OVA of the 3. Loled at the car and past story of eclair
Dec 27, 2012 9:01 AM

Oct 2009
The lack of Miu nipples was disappointing.
Jan 8, 2013 6:28 AM

Jul 2007
Man you guys are crazy to think 1st OVA was horrible and this one was good.

The first one was the only one that Kenichi actually did any real fighting. The second one was pretty much him defending himself and this last one he did nothing. Very disappointed.
Jan 20, 2013 11:38 AM

May 2012
I was really looking forward for more although it seems that they will not make a continuation anymore. It was just okay. Better than the 1st 2 OVAs.
Mar 13, 2013 1:33 AM
Dec 2012
jigginwidit said:
It's crazy and what about furunji miu and elders voices? I think this is shit and that they should focus on really doing this anime.. The manga is really popular and extremely good it's just a waste.. :/

The VA's who did Miu's and her Grandfathers voices died in 2011... ^^;
May 5, 2014 7:06 PM

May 2012
What an epic episode, damn the fight sure was intense as fuck! Really these ova's are totally intense!
Jan 24, 2017 1:18 PM

Mar 2010
Felt rushed as fuck but seeing Miu in another type of gear was was so cool *_* When I got torn up I was like :O

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 24, 2017 7:05 PM

May 2015
kenichi got semi owned... well, is was expected he was fighting against a Master... at least he got to punch him in the face...
Jul 28, 2020 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
A bit of Shigure fanservice, still not enough though. That guy reminded me a bit of Vega from Street Fighter, though not as focused on beauty... and from another country... and with a different fighting style xD
May 15, 2022 5:42 PM
Jul 2018
It's sad for me to say that this was the point in the manga where my enjoyment in Kenichi went downhill. From this point on, the fights just get really crazy and hard to follow. Although I will say the animation improves the quality of the fights.
Jun 1, 2022 8:13 AM
Nov 2018
sad that they replaced the train fighting scene, woulda been so cool.

from the looks of it seems that the entire OVAs will be a rushed job, hope one day they reboot the series 🙏

More topics from this board

» Will Funimation pick this up?

DNES15 - Sep 22, 2014

9 by LingFromXing »»
Aug 18, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

16 by InfiniteVoId_9 »»
Jun 29, 2023 8:24 AM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2014

32 by candybar824 »»
Apr 6, 2023 1:48 PM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 2, 2014

8 by dingdongbois »»
Jun 1, 2022 1:45 PM

Poll: » Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi OVA Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2013

20 by dingdongbois »»
Jun 1, 2022 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.