Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 24, 2012 5:34 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode gets released today right?
lol I just finished episode 26 of the series and saw this one's release date right after~ What a coincidence :D
HauntingShockNov 8, 2012 5:54 PM
Oct 24, 2012 5:40 PM

Nov 2011
Almost felt like deja vu watching these three episodes but overall, it was fun. Makoto (especially in that dress!) and Takane ftw. Miki is cute of course ^_^

I got to say that the song with Takane, Miki, Makoto, and the others wearing the hood for that music video was pure epic.

7/10 for the end song. I hope for a season 2 someday.
Stark700Nov 15, 2012 9:01 PM
Oct 28, 2012 9:50 AM

Mar 2009
It's from the 3 PSP games that was released October 25 for PSP, the intro of the game is a full length animated episode.Currently now I am playing the Groovy Note, the one featuring the idols Miki, Makoto, Takane and Yukiho, after finishing this one I will go after the others.

Edit:

Forgot to mention, the theme song for this one, edeN, and the opening song are great!

Edit 2:

Song list for Groovy Tune - MUSIC♪, edeN, Marionette no Kokoro, FuruFuru Future, ALRIGHT*, Kosmos Cosmos, Jitensha, Meisou Mind, Kazahana, Overmaster, Kimi wa Melody, relations, Little Match Girl, Agent Yoru wo Yuku, The IDOLM@STER, READY, CHANGE, Watashitachi wa zutto... deshou?, Jibun Ret@rt, Massugu
NeverSleepOct 28, 2012 10:19 AM
Oct 28, 2012 10:10 PM

Sep 2010
Finished watching Funky Note, it was pretty cute!
sauveterreOct 29, 2012 10:07 PM
Nov 3, 2012 4:08 PM

Aug 2011
LOVED IT!!! Especially the ending song. It was nice seeing another idolmaster episode. I loved the series and kept wanting more to be done.
Nov 3, 2012 5:15 PM

Sep 2012
aww~ it's been a while~ although I listened to im@s songs almost every day :p

It's still better to have the idols sing for you ^^

will be looking forward to the next 2 episodes :)

love Yayoi ζ-'ヮ')ζ
Nov 3, 2012 9:56 PM

Sep 2011
There's not enough Yayoi x Iori in it. ( •_•)
Nov 4, 2012 6:33 AM

Apr 2011
Awesome episode! But who subbed this? I only found this on streams?
Nov 4, 2012 6:34 AM

Aug 2008
Just watched it. Pretty enjoyable episode.

Love that ED.

@Magito: 765subs subbed it.
Nov 4, 2012 7:33 AM

Apr 2011
destructo22 said:

Okay, thanks! Will be getting that asap!

I'm hoping after they release the 3 OVAs, a second season announcement will follow.

I just love the non-CGI dances. They're gorgeous. Sad to say, this is the only idol anime I know and watched to use non CGI.
Nov 4, 2012 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
The OVAs come with the 3 separate games, though. So, technically, they have already been released lol.
Nov 4, 2012 10:28 AM

Apr 2011
destructo22 said:
The OVAs come with the 3 separate games, though. So, technically, they have already been released lol.

I'm gonna gladly wait for them.

I like how Haruka is pulling the Producer's hand and Miki neck hugging him from behind. It shows how much close the two girls are to him.
Nov 4, 2012 3:38 PM

Feb 2010
Magito said:
destructo22 said:

I just love the non-CGI dances. They're gorgeous. Sad to say, this is the only idol anime I know and watched to use non CGI.

iDOLM@STER was my first idol anime, and so I thought non-CGI choregraphy was plainly "normal", but then I watched other idols animes stuff and was like "Oh my, im@s was actually even greater than it was."
No wonder I loved it.

Anyway, regarding the Funky Note's OVA, well, I didn't enjoy it as much as I did with the main serie. I actually don't really like this game's girls though, (couldn't even play this game's ver.) so I'm sure that's why. Still, I'm looking forward the other eps. And indeed, a second season announcement would great, but I'm fine with having only one I think.

(But seriously, if I knew how those eps were done, I wouldn't have played the games beforehand and spoiled myself the new musics...)
KayseurNov 4, 2012 3:47 PM
Nov 4, 2012 3:54 PM

Feb 2012
Moe-filled ep. lol :D

Is this a Blu-ray bundled with the game? or a DVD? or is it really included inside the game itslef?
Nov 4, 2012 7:36 PM

Jul 2010
Didn't like this episode >.>
Prolly cuz out of the whole group of girls, the kids would be in my least favorite area of the girls.
Was screaming for Miki moments >.<
Anyways, was i the only ones freaking out about the bunny blinking O.O
Nov 4, 2012 10:26 PM

Jul 2009
HauntingShock said:
Is this a Blu-ray bundled with the game? or a DVD? or is it really included inside the game itslef?

They are in the game itself, viewed on the PSP, which makes it slightly more inconvenient to rip, hence it's not widely available yet. Not everyone will buy all 3 versions, so that's a hindrance as well.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Nov 4, 2012 10:30 PM

Feb 2012
arsonal said:
HauntingShock said:

They are in the game itself, viewed on the PSP, which makes it slightly more inconvenient to rip, hence it's not widely available yet. Not everyone will buy all 3 versions, so that's a hindrance as well.

I see... explains why it's in 272p :D
Nov 5, 2012 12:01 PM

Jun 2008
Lol at the thread title, since all Episode come out all at once, but we don't which will be designated as "episode 1".

Just watched all 3 of them, now wishing for another OVA or something.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 5, 2012 12:44 PM

Feb 2012
kaimax said:
Lol at the thread title, since all Episode come out all at once, but we don't which will be designated as "episode 1".

The whole 24 mins includes all 3 of them? I thought this was only ep 1 since that's the normal ep length...
Nov 5, 2012 7:08 PM

Feb 2012
Fun ep. Always great to see the girls again.

Now to wait for the next 2 eps to be subbed >_<
Nov 6, 2012 12:44 AM

Jun 2008
HauntingShock said:
kaimax said:

The whole 24 mins includes all 3 of them? I thought this was only ep 1 since that's the normal ep length...

I meant, All 3 of them are released at the same time. So there's no really which one is episode 1,2,3. Apaprently which one is first is decided by which one gets subbed first... meh

I don't know why but this 1st "episode" thread talks more about Funky note, while the first that I watch was Groovy tune, and then Honey Sound and lastly Funky note.

Funky Note, honestly has the least girls that I like, Only Iori. While Groovy Tune has all the girls I like in one package, which was like a god send for me... lol

And then they have the most kick-ass song "eDeN".

kaimaxNov 6, 2012 12:47 AM

Nov 6, 2012 12:51 AM

Feb 2012
^
Should I change the title to "—Episode 1-3 Discussion"? :D
Nov 6, 2012 1:42 AM

Jul 2009
In theory the release order is Honey Sound, Funky Note, and Groovy Tune (which makes the one currently available in subs as episode 2), although it's not a strict way in which you have to watch them. That's the ordering listed on the website and the current key visual, and moreover the characters in the PV for "MUSIC♪" are introduced in that order.
Nov 6, 2012 5:25 AM

Jun 2008
From the game

Wish the PS3 was strong enough for 13 Idols to be on stage on the same time.... lol

I'm very positive that the last catalogs for Idolmaster 2 will atleast include some songs from Festa and the costumes.

Nov 6, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
Haururun is <3

Second season please!
Nov 7, 2012 9:30 PM

Jun 2011
^_^ It was cute, I liked the ending a lot (Miki and Haruka being affectionate, mehehe). I was happy to see my Hibikin~ >( But she didn't get nearly enough screen time, it's not fair.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Nov 8, 2012 5:56 PM

Feb 2012
Just finished watching Groovy Tune. Yeah, I think there's no specific episode arrangement too :D Changed the thread title~

and that ED theme is starting to get to me >.<
Nov 8, 2012 10:30 PM

Jul 2009
I think I still like Funky Note the most. The attempted drama in Groovy Tune was nice, but it just got shoved under the rug. It's also nice to see Chihaya enjoying herself for once.
Nov 9, 2012 3:10 AM

Apr 2012
So... Got around to watching the Funky Note OVA.... Hibiki was just merely a prop the whole ep.
The way it seems to me, Funky Note has the worst characters with the best songs, Honey sound has decent characters with decent songs, and Groovy Tune has the god-tier characters with the mediocre songs. ;w;
Either way, I somewhat enjoyed this episode with Yayoi-chi getting a bit ballsy there for a second. I hope Honey Sound gets subbed next. I demand more of my waifu, Ritsuko<3
Nov 13, 2012 4:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I wonder if Miki ever got her reward kiss from her Honey.
Nov 13, 2012 9:57 PM

Sep 2010
Watched all three episodes, not sure which ones I liked the most since they were all <3.

I wish there was more Idolm@ster.. :(
Proud mama and papa of Misha Yuuki* (02-01-2014 - 22-01-2014)
Thank you for the wonderful twenty days you gave us. <3
One day we will meet again..
Nov 14, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2011
I've watch all of them and they were all good. But my fave would be Groovy Tune.

Ara? Do I see signs of jealous from Haruka? Because she pointed out that Producer is staring at Azusa's boobs and seeing Miki getting her reward from him? :)
Nov 14, 2012 1:47 PM

Nov 2009
Is it just me or everyone's voices has pitched? e_e
Nov 14, 2012 11:35 PM

Feb 2012
Finished all 3. Season 2, when? :O

MagicFlier said:
Is it just me or everyone's voices has pitched? e_e

Not me. I still hear their voices like what they are supposed to be.
Nov 15, 2012 2:44 AM

Jul 2010
Enjoyed the episodes 2-3, just cuz I'm not interested in the young kids >.>
I enjoy the last song
Nov 16, 2012 3:48 PM

Apr 2010
Funky Note is cuteness overload! I love all the music video especially the all cast mv. Glad to see Takane and co. again in animation
Nov 16, 2012 8:07 PM
Jun 2011
Does anyone know the name of the ost that played when producer and takane had their little date?
Nov 16, 2012 8:17 PM

Nov 2011
kaimax said:

Glorious song tbh. Been listening it a several times today.
Nov 17, 2012 9:52 AM
Nov 2011
Already watched all three episodes.

To be honest, I didn't like the idea of having the same start and the same end in all the episodes, though it has sense when you buy each game separatedly, but not if you download all of them and watch a marathon, I would have skipped the final part or all episodes if MUSIC wasn't a great song.

I guess my favorite was Groovy Tune, that Miki-Producer (Honey) shipping someday had to become the drama it ended being this time, I really loved it.

So, my Shiny Festa OVA ranking is:

1. Groovy Tune
2. Funky Note
3. Honey Sound
Nov 17, 2012 9:58 PM

Jun 2009
Mau-Kun said:
Already watched all three episodes.

To be honest, I didn't like the idea of having the same start and the same end in all the episodes, though it has sense when you buy each game separatedly, but not if you download all of them and watch a marathon, I would have skipped the final part or all episodes if MUSIC wasn't a great song.

I guess my favorite was Groovy Tune, that Miki-Producer (Honey) shipping someday had to become the drama it ended being this time, I really loved it.

So, my Shiny Festa OVA ranking is:

1. Groovy Tune
2. Funky Note
3. Honey Sound

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Personally,for Honey sound... While I do enjoy the story, I find Honey Sound's melody a bit... I donno, it don't really make sense.

Hopefully they try harder on future episodes.

The earlier special, "765 Pro to Iu Monogatari" completely kick this OVA's butt to another dimension in term of enjoyment, and said special don't even have 3 music videos.

Another concert video please ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 8:01 AM

Oct 2011
I liked each episode but there's one that stood out which had my favorite girls in: Miki, Makoto, Yukiho and Takane. That was so enjoyable to watch! Especially their song, which was also the nicest of all of them. Their voices go so well together!
LuxtressDec 1, 2012 8:16 AM
Dec 3, 2012 3:46 AM

Apr 2010
I absolutely loved all 3 episodes, and the ending theme was amazing. THE iDOLM@STER is definitely one of my favorite series of all time. They need to make the 3rd main game already so there can be another season of the anime.
Dec 8, 2012 10:47 AM

Sep 2009
The best part were Groovy Tune main song(edeN if I understood right). both the video and the song are really cool. All in all average SOL OVAs. I liked them a bit but not so much as the series.
Jan 10, 2013 7:48 PM
Oct 2010
the song from asuza and them in the video, at one point towards the end where they jump. damn near exact thing from the k-on ed no thank you
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 8, 2013 4:42 AM

Sep 2013
such a great series, and these 3 episodes were enjoyable.

One thing makes me kind of wonder though:

In the episode staring Miki, Makoto, Yukiho and Takane, Yukiho mentions that she is "jealous" somehow? what is she jealous about exactly? and what does Takane mean in her comment about the "moon" and finding love could be in someone near?

Anyways, a big fan of Miki!! sad how jealous she was becoming through all those dates then having it get worst at the end, but I'm happy the way it turned out and her getting a "reward" ;)
"You and your third dimension"
Jan 11, 2014 5:06 PM

Jul 2013
So the story of this takes place in a same time and place, but 3 different perspective view. I thought I finish one episode, but there are different versions of this. Well still glad to see everyone is back but with 3 different groups.

Time to wait for the film.

Feb 13, 2014 7:09 PM

Jul 2013
They were all okay, surprised to see the beginning and endings for all 3 were the same.
The 3rd OVA with Makoto, Yukiho, Miki and Takane was the stand out though.
Most enjoyable for sure.
Miki so jelleh while the others were on their "dates"
Miki's one didn't turn out so well..
Wonder what Yukiho was jealous about exactly though..
Good to see everyone perform (except Otonashi) in the 3 OVAs.
Jun 9, 2014 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
I'm not sure what the order is for them, but some brief thoughts for each one:

Iori episode - I loved both performances, so creative and fun especially the second one with the musical notes. The tune was so catchy too!

Miki episode - The date idea was really cute, especially when it was all 5 of them. Another awesome performance, love how intense Eden was, especially Makoto's scenes.

Haruka episode - although this performance was my least favorite, I still love the colorful, upbeat energy that came with it and have always enjoyed Haruka's bright personality as well as Azusa's laid back attitude. It was also really funny when they made subtle hints at Chihaya being jealous of Azusa.

A solid 8/10, this OVA gave me 3 more reasons to love iDOLM@STER.
Jul 7, 2014 5:49 PM
Mar 2013
I like how they broke the idols into three separate groups. Yayoi works well with Iori, and Ami and Mami were made for each other. Hibiki also matches with Iori in that she loves animals and Charles is a bunny. Speaking of Charles…he’s alive! :D
I love the ED song! It’s my second favorite after “However long However far” from episode 25.

The second group was pretty well designed as well. Haruka and Chihaya naturally fit together considering their interaction during the main anime. It’s nice that they included Azusa within the group so that she interacts with the other idols besides Iori and Ami.

The last group with Miki, Yukiho, Makoto, and Takane was awesome. Why does Makoto get to date the Producer? She already had her date in the main series, she’s not allowed to have two ^^ Love the ending when Miki asked the Producer for the reward. Curse the writers for copping out on the kiss scene >_<
Aug 10, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2009
Update
Shiny Festa will get a disc release in a special Blu-ray edition of the IDOLM@STER movie.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Preview images

arsonal - Aug 9, 2012

11 by SeerofWords »»
Sep 28, 2012 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.