Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 10, 2012 6:04 PM

May 2010

Upon entering the headmaster's office at the top of the student building, it's apparent that the man who owns the school isn't quite human. The majority of the office appears to resemble some sort of underwater theme, with the walls being giant, room encompassing fish tanks. Exotic shellfish, eels and other sea life go about their daily, animistic routines within the tanks. The only sight into the outside is the large, wall-encompassing window behind the headmaster's chair, a plain yet breathtaking view of the surrounding countryside is visible from it as far as the eye can see.
The middle of the room is more normal, however, with the overly-large headmaster's chair behind a large, yet tidy piece of furniture seemingly caught between deciding if it were a desk or a table. There are three more normal-sized chairs on the side nearest the entrance to the room. Three seats, two for the parents, one for the child. A normal number for a very abnormal office.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 10, 2012 6:14 PM

May 2010
Nezahualquentzin barged into his own office with an authoritative air about him, his face tentacles wriggling slightly in anticipation to relax in his sanctuary of an office.
"At last... My desk. Time for a small nap, methinks." He proceeded to lounge in his overly-large chair, which still barely fit his large frame, and took a well-deserved nap.
Oct 15, 2012 12:51 AM

Aug 2009
Adaia cautiously approaches the ominous door she's been too scared to even go near. She knocks softly exactly 3 times then waits a good minute. No reply. She turns the knob and the door is unlocked, so she timidly pokes her head through the crack to find the headmaster napping.
"Headmaster?"

Quisque suos patimur manes.
Oct 15, 2012 12:59 AM

May 2010
Nezahualquentzin blinked puzzledly at the girl who entered, he had one of his face tentacles raised up, the appendage slipped through the handle of a teacup he was attempting to drink from. How he would do this with an octopus face is anyone's guess, but nevertheless he was interrupted as he was about to take a sip of tea. His red eyes looked over Adaia calculatingly for a moment. He then folded his hands on his desk as he gave her a gesture to be seated.

"Ah. A student, please come sit, miss...?" His voice was surprisingly melodic and pure as he inquired to her name. It sounds more like his voice is projected rather than spoken, as if he didn't have the right sort of mouth to talk, but found a way to cope so that his voice didn't sound like he was always gargling mouthwash.
Oct 15, 2012 1:04 AM

Aug 2009
Adaia couldn't help but stare at the tentacle on his face for a couple seconds at least but then quickly recovered her manners and stood up straight, forcing herself to look him in the eye.
"A-Adaia.. sir.."
She then sat down and looked around his office, trying her best not to stare.

Oct 15, 2012 1:10 AM

May 2010
Nezzy wriggled the tentacles on his face in a flustered manner for a moment, the teacup vanishing under the mess of tentacles on his face, an abnormal sipping sound is heard for a moment, and the teacup is withdrawn from the recesses of his facial appendages, oozelike threads of a sticky substance secreted by his tentacles thickly coated the teacup to look a bit less quaint than it would otherwise have seemed.

"Adaia then. I'm Nezahualquentzin... but anyone around the campus usually just calls me Nezzy. The world can't be bothered with the complex naming system of the Aztecs anymore." He remarks offhandedly, digressing onto an unrelated topic rather easily. His facial tentacles bristled for a moment in irritation before he resumed his gaze at Adaia.
"Pardon me, I drift off on tangents a lot. Did you need anything from your headmaster?"
Oct 15, 2012 1:22 AM

Aug 2009
Adaia tries to mouth his full name while still looking away, seeing if she could even remember it, but failed. She again forces herself to make eye contact with Nezzy while she speaks.
"Okay, uh, Nezzy, sir. And uh.. um, I heard that you'll be the one teaching ethics and philosophy, so I was uh.. wondering what day that class would start..?" Her voice got softer as she kept talking.

Oct 15, 2012 1:29 AM

May 2010
Nezzy gave what would appear to be a smug expression as she spoke, one of his face appendages reaching up and rubbing out what most likely was an itch on the top of his bulbous head. Another strand of the sticky substance stretched between the tentacle and his head as the appendage was left to hang limply under his face again.
"Correct. I do teach ethics and philosophy. The class won't be starting for another week most likely, but it will be on a Friday." As he announced the day, he waited, his eyes reflecting barely-contained interest toward her reaction to the information. His tentacle holding the teacup reached to his desk, setting down the dainty piece of dinnerware with a barely audible 'tink' sound as it made contact with the matching plate underneath it.

In the background, a dull 'thump' was heard as one of the fish in the vast fish tank collided against the class, either by mistake or on purpose was anyone's guess.
Oct 15, 2012 1:36 AM

Aug 2009
She nods, "Okay, I'll be there, sir."
Adaia, startled by the thump, jumped a little in her seat then looks in the direction of the 'thump' to see the the fish tank.
She turns back to Nezzy, nervousness obviously in her eyes, but a slight hint of curiosity.
"So.. you're Nioniel's, uh, uncle, right?

Oct 15, 2012 1:42 AM

May 2010
Nezahualquentzin's eyes narrowed, more in the way someone's eyes are obscured by their cheeks slightly when they smile. Although, for a tentacled octopus-face, that seems difficult in and of itself. Regardless, Nezzy smiled at her question.
"I take it you're on of his classmates? And such a resemblance." He coos lightly, looking at her critically for a moment with his dull red eyes, Before long, his tentacles wriggled slightly as he thought of something.
"Don't tell me he didn't tell you we weren't blood related. I swear I get the weirdest looks when he forgets to mention that..." His voice lets out a bit of a chuckle as he states that, his eyes closing slightly at the uncharacteristic laughter echoes through the office gently.
"He can be awfully absent-minded sometimes. If we were blood-related I'd say he gets that from me." He remarked smugly, almost as if he was proud of being absent-minded himself.
Oct 15, 2012 1:54 AM

Aug 2009
She chuckles, "Yes, sir, he told me. Actually, I asked about that before he could say anything, I believe. While also being absent-minded, he's been very kind to me since I've gotten here." She smiles at her own words, breaking eye contact. She pauses, thinking about how to word her next sentence without coming off strange.
"I was uh.. curious about something.." Her voice being so quiet, it was almost a whisper. She clears her throat, hoping it would remedy her soft tone.
"I was wondering what Nioniel was like when he was younger." She blushes slightly out of her own shyness, embarrassed of her inquisition.
kimboweeOct 15, 2012 2:13 AM

Oct 15, 2012 2:07 AM

May 2010
Nezzy let out a warm chuckle at her question. His tentacles swinging side to side a bit as he laughed.
"It's a lot easier than it is to picture actually. Just think of him exactly the way he is now, but with a less extensive vocabulary, and a bit more socially awkward." He seemed content with this answer enough to take another odd sip of his tea, the little cup being engulfed in his appendages once again, the odd sipping noise being heard, and the tentacles setting out the once again sticky teacup on its designated plate.
"Why do you ask? Maybe I can be more informative if I have more detail I can go into. He's certainly an odd specimen." It's hard to define what was weirder of Nezahualquentzin's statement; the fact he called Nioniel a 'specimen,' or the fact that a tentacled nezperdian hivemind considered Nio odd.
Oct 15, 2012 2:18 AM

Aug 2009
She giggles to herself at Nezzy's description of a younger Nio. She looks back at him now, the look on her face shows that she is feeling more comfortable around him than before.
"I suppose he is quite the odd one." Adaia huffs a chuckles, "I'm not quite sure what exactly I was hoping to learn." She takes a second to ponder.
"How is his relationship with his parents?"

Oct 15, 2012 2:27 AM

May 2010
Two of the tentacles wrung themselves together idly as Nezahualquentzin thought on her question, an odd bubbling sound heard from somewhere deep in the recesses of the tentacles on his face. His huge humanoid form shifted slightly in his chair, the expensive piece of furniture making no sound despite the immense weight of its cargo.
"He adores his mother. She's a spectacular woman, and he knows it all too well. I don't think he could come up with something bad about her if he were asked to." Nezzy nods at his statement in its finality, confirming that his answer was brief, yet effective.
Oct 15, 2012 2:35 AM

Aug 2009
She smiles softly, yet genuinely, at the thought of a mother's love and a child's adoration of his parent, wishing she could have ever had the same.
"Awe, that's sweet."
Adaia noticed that Nezzy seemed to have dodged answering about Nio's relationship with his father. She would have normally shrugged it off, knowing that it was dodged for a reason, but her curiosity got the best of her.
Her tone is softer. ".. And his father?" The pitch in her voice becoming slightly higher as she said father.

Oct 15, 2012 2:46 AM

May 2010
Nezahualquentzin let out what, under normal means, would be considered a sigh. But coming from the nezperdian hivemind it almost sounded more like a cross between bubbling tar and boiling water.
"Doesn't have one." He remarked plaintively. He dropped a cube of sugar from a small receptacle of a dish on the right side of the desk into his cup of tea, which somehow has stayed steaming hot through their entire conversation. He then folded his two large hands over one another again, his eyes focused more on the cube dissolving than on Adaia.
"He left as surely as he'd entered his mother's life, but he left her with child. No one really knows why, nor does anyone know where he went. It's likely he's not alive any more either." One of the tentacles from his face drits toward the cup of tea, inspecting that the tea is mixed properly by stirring it with the tip of the tentacle, the stirring appendage then grasped the small cup, and Nezzy took another odd sip at his tea, the mild fragrance of oranges and spices wafting around the room from the unassuming teacup.
Oct 15, 2012 2:54 AM

Aug 2009
Adaia's eyes soften as she looks down to her lap to look at her hands. She barely notices that she's been fidgeting with her fingers the entire conversation.
"Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that."
Not being entirely sure how to continue, she takes a long pause.
Adaia ends up deciding to try and lighten the mood.
She looks up at Nezzy, "Well, I'll be sure to give him a big hug next time I see him." She gives a soft half-smile.

Oct 15, 2012 3:02 AM

May 2010
Nezzy nods at her, two tentacles moving up and rubbing at his eyes as if he was slightly fatigued.
"It hasn't affected him as much as it would've affected someone who knew their father. I think he coped better by not even knowing him to begin with."

He picks up the extremely slimy teacup one last time with a tentacle, downing the rest of the tea in it before setting it back with a mild clank.
"I'm sure he'll appreciate your sentiment all the same. He's a very caring person, even if he doesn't always seem connected. At least he got the good genes from his mother." He remarked offhandedly, a smile evident in his otherworldly eyes. He set the plate with the teacup on it onto a little square on the desk that looked unlike the rest of the piece. Shortly, the tea set sank down into the desk as the little square ended up being some sort of conveyance mechanism to bring the teacup down to wherever it got refilled or washed at.
After a minute, the pedestal rose back up to the level of the desk, having what appeared to be a rather sizable cream cheese danish on a silver plate. Nezzy eyed it hungrily.
Oct 15, 2012 3:12 AM

Aug 2009
She nods in agreement, then notices the cup as it descends and ascends back up, watching the whole process.
She sighs, "Well, sir, it's been great chatting with you." She stands up, walks over to his desk and extends her arm to shake his hand.
"I should really be going now, though. Thank you for sharing." Adaia smiles kindly.

Oct 15, 2012 3:21 AM

May 2010
Nezzy holds up a large, slimy hand in farewell.
"Nice meeting you, Adaia. Be good to Nio-kun, and he'll do the same for you."
As she left, the mass of tentacles on his face writhed open; a large mouth, with three separate jaws that resembled beaks, opened like a flower would bloom, each separation of his maw containing hundreds of wicked sharp teeth. A lightning quick movement of a tentacle shot at the helpless danish sitting on the counter, whipping it into his gaping mouth in a flash, never to be seen again.

He organized his tentacles back over his mouth again, his head once again resembling a regular octopus of sorts as he resumed the paperwork he had been filing before Adaia had arrived.
Oct 17, 2012 11:54 AM

Apr 2009
Aki walks down the school halls and went to the headmaster's office. She decided to spend a little more time talking to her boss that what she did. Aki then knocked on his door and waited for him to answer.
Oct 17, 2012 12:06 PM

May 2010
Nezahualquentzin looked curiously at the door with a critical set of eyes before resuming his reading of an obscure-looking newspaper, his oddly even-sounding voice echoing around his office melodically.
"Come in."
Oct 17, 2012 3:58 PM

Apr 2009
Aki opens the door to the headmaster's office. Before she closes it behind her. "I thought I should come and tell you that I have gotten settle into my suite, Headmaster."

(sorry bout the late reply got caught up in other clubs)
Oct 17, 2012 4:05 PM

May 2010
Nezzy nodded, his tentacles doing a variety of paperwork tasks as his eyes concentrated on Aki.
"That's good. I'm glad you're situated now. How are the amenities?" Inquisitiveness drifted in his eyes as he directed the question to Aki, curious at how the new housing plans had turned out.

((It's ok. Everyone is busy.))
Oct 17, 2012 7:36 PM

Apr 2009
Aki sits down in a chair. "There good, the housing plans for teachers is excellent, Headmaster."

(Sorry, this time it was a thunderstorm that rolled through where I lived.)
Oct 18, 2012 5:50 AM

May 2010
Nezahualquentzin smiled with his eyes, the rest of his face being incapable of such an expression.
"I'm glad you like them. Have you met many of the students yet, Kodama-san?"
Oct 18, 2012 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
Aki slightly shook her head. "No, but I have seen them around. Although, it is nice to be back at the school were I was able to hone my telekinesis powers."
Oct 18, 2012 2:06 PM

May 2010
Nezzy nodded knowingly at Aki. One of Nezzy's tentacles grasped a teacup on his desk, the teacup being withdrawn into the mess of tentacles as a sipping sound was heard from underneath.
"I'm sure it feels nice to be back. Let's hope the student base picks up in the near future. Have your powers been giving you any trouble?"
Oct 18, 2012 3:12 PM

Apr 2009
"Yeah, it does; especially after being gone for a few years. I've noticed a few, but some of them I saw again at a different location." Aki then smiles. "No, they havn't Headmaster, their still working just fine and I even have a little better control over them then when I graduated."
Oct 18, 2012 4:06 PM

May 2010
His facial tentacles bristled with appeasement as he took another sip of his tea.
"That's good. I'm glad things are working out for you Aki."
Oct 18, 2012 6:59 PM

Apr 2009
"Thanks, Headmaster. When I was eating lunch early today I read over the school rules to refreash my memory and to see if there were any changes." Aki watches as the Headmaster took another drink of his tea, she still didn't understand how he could drink his tea.
Oct 19, 2012 1:27 AM

May 2010
Nezzy nodded, thinking to himself for a moment as he stirred his tea with a tentacle. He tapped his clawed fingers on the desk gently, making a little rhythm as he thought.
"Did you see anything different or that wasn't addressed? I have trouble memorizing what changes I made myself."
Oct 21, 2012 2:08 PM

Nov 2010
Touya was slightly nervous even though he doesn't admit it, he took a deep and knocked the door twice before opening it "um...Headmaster?" he said as he peeped inside
"Hateful feelings. Hurtful feelings. Unforgivable feelings.
To face one's own feelings is akin to throwing oneself into a bottomless pit, or setting sail on an endless sea.
You must not look there. You must not think about it. Though you search your soul on the dark, heaving waves, you must never look in that place." - Kusuriuri
Oct 21, 2012 2:12 PM

May 2010
Nezahualquentzin looked up from his desk where he had been concentrating on some paperwork, his large red eyes looking at Touya. His fine voice emanated from an unknown origin beneath his tentacles, an even tone coming out.
"Ah, the new teacher. Please, come in."
Nezzy continued to watch Touya with heightened interest while one of his face tentacles idly scrawled signatures and an odd sentence here and there on the paperwork in front of him with a pen wrapped in its slimy grasp. It was no wonder he was such a good headmaster, he could multitask so well.
Oct 21, 2012 2:20 PM

Nov 2010
"Yo..ahem.. I mean good afternoon sir, I am Touya Shiratori, the new teacher that would be teaching PE and science subjects starting today" he tried to sound as polite as possiable as he introduced himself, Touya usuallly hates to be all tensed up but he doesn't want to end up fired 'again'...
To face one's own feelings is akin to throwing oneself into a bottomless pit, or setting sail on an endless sea.
You must not look there. You must not think about it. Though you search your soul on the dark, heaving waves, you must never look in that place." - Kusuriuri
Oct 21, 2012 2:42 PM

May 2010
One of Nezzy's tentacles flipped the page he had been writing on, his eyes closed for a moment knowingly at Touya.
"Good good, I'm glad you made it to the campus. I trust your travel arrangements were acceptable as well?" Another of the tentacles on Nezahualquentzin's face grasped the teacup near the edge of his desk, withdrawing it into the mess of tentacles on his face, a sipping sound emanating from within.
Oct 21, 2012 2:54 PM

Nov 2010
"Yes sir everything was perfect, and I just want to make sure so..will the barrier around the school grounds really keep me and my sister safe? I will be oky but I can't help but worry about my sister..the organaztion is very dangrous, I even heard that they have extended their powers to nearby cities and towns" he paused for few seconds and sighed "I apologize for disturbing you with this.."
Oct 21, 2012 3:01 PM

May 2010
If Nezzy's octopus-like head had any eyebrows, he was raising them in a curious expression as it looked at Touya.
"I don't see why not. It's easy to keep out unexpected visitors to the campus with it. We're well aware of any breach of the outlying school grounds if one is attempted. Though none have been successful." He noted, gingerly taking another sip of his tea in the odd fashion that becomes him, the stack of papers he was signing having reached the last few pages now.
"You'll both be fine here. Don't feel bad about confirming things like this, safety is a very important aspect of the school."
Oct 21, 2012 3:13 PM

Nov 2010
"actually I brought up this because students and teachers in this school would be endangered too if anything happened not only me and Mika, but I trust your words sir" Touya broke his serious expression as he remembers something "I know it's sudden but can I beat the cra-- I mean discipline any students in a bit of violent way if umm... you know, if they misbehaved in a way or something? of course I will try to not cause any serious injures"
Oct 21, 2012 3:18 PM

May 2010
He nodded knowingly at Touya's concern. "That's understandable, but we have plenty of capable individuals here who can help defend the campus grounds."
Nezahualquentzin's eyes narrowed at the man's next question, obviously displeased by this inquiry as his face tentacles wriggled irritably.
"If you want to be fired. We don't condone violence against students here."
lirisimahOct 21, 2012 3:21 PM
Oct 21, 2012 3:25 PM

Nov 2010
"I apologize for the weird request, it's just that I wanted to know so that I won't place myself in trouble you know" Touya then laughed nervously as he placed his hand on his head "good to know that you are a responsible headmaster sir"
Oct 21, 2012 3:29 PM

May 2010
His expression remained suspicious as he watched Touya with a critical eye.
"I see. If there's a problem with the students you should report them to me. I'm authorized to address the issues." His tentacles fidget idly.
"I don't suppose this odd question has anything to do with your sister attending this campus, hm?" Nezzy reclined back in his office chair a bit, crossing his arms as he shot Touya a scrutinizing glare.
Oct 21, 2012 4:00 PM

Nov 2010
(Touya is gonna killed XD)

"no not all! I didn't bring up my sister on this matter did I? besides, even though I said 'violently' I just meant a friendly brawl with the students, I am a PE teacher after all" his eyes glanced around as he tried to hide his nervousness "me and my big fat mouth..." he thought while he scratched his head again
Oct 21, 2012 4:07 PM

May 2010
Nezzy sighed, the sound almost sounding like a gurgle coming from him. "You didn't. But I'm not stupid."
Nezahualquentzin wriggled his tentacles testily as he continued staring at Touya. "Sparring is only permitted between a student and teacher if there are sufficient witnesses present to observe. So either I get to spectate." He paused, for added emphasis. "Or you don't brawl with the students." He applied extra emphasis to 'brawl,' being quite disdainful of the word and what it entails. His second statement sounded more like an order than a piece of friendly advice.
Oct 21, 2012 4:24 PM

Nov 2010
"I understand sir, I promise to follow the rules and do my duty as a teacher thoroughly" he straighten up with a comical nervous expression as he responded in military-like way "one again, I apologize for my unrefined request sir"
Oct 21, 2012 4:45 PM

May 2010
Nezzy did his best not to laugh at Touya's reaction, waving a large hand at him dismissively.
"At ease, soldier." He remarked sarcastically, taking another sip of his tea as he did.
Oct 21, 2012 4:58 PM

Nov 2010
"yes sir, now excuse me..." Touya slightly bowed as he walked toward the door and opened it, he stopped and looked back at Nezzy "contact me if you need anything from me sir"
Oct 21, 2012 5:03 PM

May 2010
Nezzy picked up a magazine in his hands with the title "Tentacles Weekly" and began reading it, a smug expression on his features.
"Likewise Shiratori-sensei."
Oct 21, 2012 5:13 PM

Nov 2010
he slightly bowed again and closed the door behind him as he left the room, he made big sigh and looked up the ceiling with a troubled face as he walked away "thank god...if the headmaster hated me he would have kept a suspicion eye on me..then I would have been fired eventually..again"
Oct 21, 2012 8:06 PM

May 2010
Nezzy propped his shoes up on the desk, disregarding his normal need for orderly behavior for a few choice moments of disorderly conduct in his private workplace, he skimmed through his magazine thoroughly, pausing for lengthy times on specific articles.
"Ah... peace at last."
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character Creation Thread ( 1 2 3 )

lirisimah - Oct 4, 2012

109 by KuroNoKishidan »»
Jun 24, 2013 1:37 PM

» Teacher's Suite #1

lirisimah - Oct 9, 2012

12 by FlameLightning17 »»
Mar 12, 2013 8:46 AM

» The Lakeside ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lirisimah - Oct 10, 2012

515 by FlameLightning17 »»
Jan 22, 2013 6:37 PM

» Lightly Forested Schoolground Outskirts ( 1 2 3 4 )

lirisimah - Oct 14, 2012

174 by launa »»
Jan 17, 2013 1:35 PM

» School Dining Commons (Cafeteria) ( 1 2 3 )

lirisimah - Oct 6, 2012

142 by FuyuChan1111 »»
Jan 10, 2013 6:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.