Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2012 3:51 AM
Mar 2012
I prefer dub, but I don't mind the sub :)

Though If i have watched a sub of a series, then a dub version of it i cannot watch it in a sub again (no idea why i guess it annoys me?? haha)

What about you guys??

If any of you guys like action, romance (and don't mind it being an old anime) then i recommend Escaflowne. I'm totally in love with the character Van haha
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jun 15, 2012 10:01 PM
Jun 2011
I prefer sub. it just seems a bit more authentic when the characters are speaking with their original voice actors.

If you are looking for something darker thats not too intricate but still quite enjoyable try Gantz :)
Jul 9, 2012 7:46 AM
Mar 2012
awesome :3 i'll shall look into that anime
Sep 20, 2012 8:16 PM

Sep 2012
SUBS. my first anime was in subs so it just stuck.
Also recommendations i think are...

Romance/Comedy- lovely complex,school rumble,kodocha,working!!, fooly cooly, card captor sakura, midori days, bokura ga ita, kimi ni todoke

Slightly Scary-another,mirai nikki(literally had a nightmare about main character girl), high school of death

Action-tsubasa chronicle, tokyo revelations,one piece,angelic layer ,Inuyasha,soul eater.

Magical-sugar sugar rune, Gakuen Alice, Shugo chara. Card Captor
sakura

Good anime to in in general- basically anything by clamp. his and her circumstances, daa!daa!daa! , another, Tokyo magnitude 8.0.(e.t.c)
Oct 15, 2012 7:44 PM

Aug 2012
I like subs more that dubs because dubbed can make series feel awkward. they should use the language where ever the series takes place, it just makes sense.

Oct 24, 2012 5:03 PM

Jul 2012
oh shit sweetie, subs is the only way to go. trust me once you get into it youll never go back. dubs are just unrealistic and so unemotional. plus japanese is such a cute language ^_^
ah, but im way too much of an otaku so yaknow thats just me.
idk if your currently watching SAO but its my new fav right now! i dont know much about escaflowne but from what ive read it seems to have the same feel.

i would say vampire knight, aquarion evol, and densetsu no yuusha no densetsu. anyway they all have action and romance and seem to fit what your looking for!
Nov 3, 2012 9:16 AM

Jul 2012
Personally, I like them both. I think that some anime are better English dubbed
(like Bleach, Naruto, Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, etc.) and some anime should stay Japanese dubbed with the English subs (like Pandora Hearts, Lovely Complex, Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Kimi ni Todoke, etc.)

So really for me it depends on the anime. I prefer dubbed for longer series and subbed for the shorter ones.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What was your first anime you watched?? Also which anime show made you hooked on anime?

bartles_forever - Apr 4, 2012

32 by Rafiulhaque »»
Sep 30, 2019 12:09 AM

» What's your favourite voice actor/actress in anime??

bartles_forever - Apr 18, 2012

1 by F1R5T »»
May 26, 2015 11:16 PM

» Romantic Anime Recommendations

Bowl_of_Noodles - Nov 8, 2012

1 by windmountain »»
Feb 21, 2013 6:56 PM

» Recommendation?

xxredactedxx - Apr 9, 2012

9 by Disguised_Kohai »»
Nov 25, 2012 11:11 PM

Poll: » Clannad Vs Ouran Host Club

bartles_forever - Mar 27, 2012

8 by melonpanfan »»
Oct 24, 2012 5:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.