Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 6, 2012 3:55 PM

May 2010

Before you is the school's dining commons, the food appears much better than one may have expected of a school's cafeteria. The area itself is pristine, it's almost as if no one even eats here. One may even suspect this was originally a school for wealthy families to send their children. There's any number of custom dishes that are prepared and sent out, rather than sitting in little metal basins. The specials are szechuan tofu, eel okonomiyaki, tri-tip with sauteed mushrooms, clam chowder in a garlic bread bowl, and a plethora of assorted sushi and sashimi to choose from.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 6, 2012 5:18 PM

Aug 2012
"Oh my, this is one clean cafeteria."

As Sora continues to enter the area, he smells the unique delicious aroma of the exquisite food that he had just seen. Sora takes some sushi to act as a simple nourishment before he dives into any main courses.

Sora makes his way to a table and begins to eat.

"Wow, this sushi is really good. Loving this place already."
Oct 6, 2012 5:25 PM

May 2010
Nio drifted into the cafeteria, his soft voice let out a light gasp as he observed the surroundings.
"Wow... I never get used to this place." He remarked quietly to himself.

He then took up a plate and served himself some of the szechuan tofu, eyeing it critically as he did so. The generous proportions he set on himself didn't do his slim figure justice.

After serving himself a side of steamed rice to go with the spicy tofu he set out in search of a table to his liking, he decides to take a seat at the table a few feet away from Sora's table, not wanting to be too close, or too far from the presence of others.

Nio quietly began eating his szechuan tofu, wincing lightly at the immense spiciness of the dish partly out of pleasure, and partly out of pain.
Oct 6, 2012 5:50 PM

Aug 2012
As Sora eats his sushi, he notices a elf-like human enter the cafeteria, helping himself to a szechuan tofu dish. He sees him taking a seat relatively close to Sora's table. Deciding that introductions are key to a successful high school life, Sora goes for his main dish, eel okonomiyaki, and goes to the other student's table and asks...

"Hello there, my name is Sora, a Junior here. May I sit with you?"
Oct 6, 2012 5:56 PM

May 2010
Nio had just taken another bite of his fiery tofu by the time Sora had greeted him. His eyes widened and he coughed hoarsely, accidentally inhaling his tofu. After a moment he was righted again, and he glanced with much embarassment at Sora. He motioned a slender hand to the seat near him.
"B-by all means... I'm Nioniel, Sophomore." He quietly cleared his throat again, finishing his statement. "Nice to meet you."
lirisimahOct 6, 2012 6:02 PM
Oct 6, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2012
"Ah, did I startle you," Sora says to much surprise as Nioniel clears his throat and gestures him to take a seat.

"Anyway thanks for letting me sit here. Hmmm, tofu, huh? Does it taste good?" Sora asks this with quite the curious look in his eyes.

Sora also begins to eat his main dish with a smile on his face and a pleasant thought of how wonderful this school is.
Oct 6, 2012 6:57 PM

May 2010
"Just a little." He remarked calmly, looking over to Sora.
Nio moved around the squares of tofu on his plate idly with his chopsticks as he thought about the question.
"It does when it isn't using the expressway to my lungs." He commented in a deadpan voice, the humor behind his statement still clearly prevalent as he rubbed his throat tenderly.

"It has a subtle, delicious flavor hidden behind all of the spice." He watches the tofu and sauce on his plate stir around from his utensils' circular motion on his dish. It's hard to think anyone could be as entranced in the food as him.

"How's the eel?" He asked, his voice barely a murmur.
Oct 6, 2012 7:32 PM

Aug 2012
"You seem to know your food quite well," Sora says as he laughs it off.

"The eel is delicious like everything else that is offered here, I can't wait to try out all the other choices" Sora exclaims.

Sora is nearing the completion of his food with only a few spoonfuls left.

"It's getting quite late isn't it? I'm going to be heading to the public baths soon, you coming?"
Oct 6, 2012 7:48 PM

May 2010
Nio nodded in agreement. "I'm a food connoisseur, certainly."

He stuffed a couple of the squares into his mouth with his chopstocks, his eyes tearing up from the spice of the tofu. He worked on his rice a bit after finishing off the last of the tofu squares, pouring the last of the spicy sauce onto the bowl of rice before eating it.
"Everything they offer is really good. Even if it seems simple." He stuffs a ball of rice from the bowl into his mouth, continuing to talk each time he's finished swallowing his food.
"Even if it's just macaroni and cheese... they'll use top-quality cheese, or premium-grade pasta, they'll season it with herbs and spices you hadn't heard of before. Even the normal dishes are an adventure."

It's clear he's enthralled by the food in the cafeteria. He finishes off the rice as Sora asks him about the baths. To which he turns slightly red in surprise.
"I... suppose I could use a dip." He noted offhandedly. "Let's go."

((He headed to the hot springs. You can continue the convo there as a sort of "as we're walking there" sort of thing.))
lirisimahOct 6, 2012 8:06 PM
Oct 6, 2012 8:46 PM

Aug 2012
Sora stands up and places his dishes on the counter and rushes to Nioniel's side as they head towards the public baths.

((Also left cafeteria to the hot springs.))
Oct 8, 2012 4:20 PM

Jun 2012
*wanders in* Grr....I'm so hungry....*orders in some sushi and gets in a seat* Ah...It has been forever since I seen good cafeteria food.

Yes, it is possible to like DDR and Anime.
Oct 8, 2012 9:30 PM

Aug 2009
Adaia wanders in, following the scent of food. She grabs an assortment of sushi along with a huge bowl of clam chowder with garlic bread on the side. She hurries to the table with her mouth watering at the smell of her dish. She quickly scarfs down her food, filling her stomach as much as possible.
"Oh my.. I don't think I've ever eaten that much all at once. It's so good."
She wipes her lips with a napkin and wanders the cafeteria, looking for her cat and other students or a teacher.

Quisque suos patimur manes.
Oct 8, 2012 9:35 PM

May 2010
Nioniel enters the cafeteria, his lithe frame wearing a tracksuit that doesn't seem to quite suit his appearance. He fingered the tip of one of his ears as he looked around the largely uneventful cafeteria. He slinked over to the sushi counter, grabbing some oh-toro and chu-toro as well as a small saucer of soy sauce, complete with ginger and wasabi on the side.

He strode to an empty table shortly after acquiring his food, visibly staring at the sushi longingly.
Oct 8, 2012 9:43 PM

Aug 2009
When Adaia catches sight of Nioniel sitting, she walks up to him cautiously. As she sits at a table near him, she notices he is staring at the food.
"Pardon me, but why are you only looking at it?"

Oct 8, 2012 9:48 PM

May 2010
Nio looked up with surprise at Adaia's inquiry, having not expected someone to speak to him, much less someone of such a similar Elven heritage.
"Ah- er. That's a good question. I was rather keen on taking in the sight of the sushi, so that I can eat more of it than I normally would."
He muddled this statement over in his head before nodding that he had said it correctly before continuing.
"I find staring at the food makes me hungrier so that I can eat more of it."
Oct 8, 2012 9:52 PM

Aug 2009
Adaia acquires a perplexed look on her face as Nioniel explains. She looks down at the food, feeling only put off by the sight after eating so much of her own meal.
"You have strategies for.. eating? Huh.. I never thought about that. Interesting idea though. I sure would not have thought of it."

Oct 8, 2012 9:55 PM

May 2010
He smiles warmly at her response, closing his eyes as he stirred the wasabi into his soy sauce with his chopsticks until they were a coffee-colored mixture.
"Like any battle, there must be a strategy. This battle is between my eyes and my stomach, since they seem to always disagree on how much I can eat in one sitting." Nioniel nods sagely at this revelation, waving a slender hand to the seat next to him.
"Have a seat, won't you?"
lirisimahOct 8, 2012 9:59 PM
Oct 8, 2012 10:02 PM

Aug 2009
Adaia smiles and nods at the offer and sits next to him.
"I hadn't realized eating would ever be considered a battle, but you make a point. Strange way to think, but I like it."
She looks up at him, looking curious." How do you like the food here, anyways?"

Oct 8, 2012 10:07 PM

May 2010
Nioniel smiles, happy his point was delivered without too much confusion. He had a habit of confusing others a lot, and he wasn't quite fond of it.
"I'm glad you like it. Besides, some things are easier to accomplish when they're something you're fighting for. Whether it be freedom, or that last piece of oh-toro that you want your stomach to fit." He snatches up a piece of oh-toro sushi, dipping the side of it into the sauce twice before stuffing it into his mouth.

After a second or two spent chewing the roll, he answers.

"I'm quite fond of it. I should be, at least; Considering I helped put together most of the menu here."
He speaks out absentmindedly, it seems more like he hadn't meant to say the last sentence.
Oct 8, 2012 10:14 PM

Aug 2009
She leans forward as he eats, with her elbows on the table and her palms holding up her head.
"Really? Well, you have good taste. I may have only had one meal here, but the selection seems great."
She looks over and smiles after then goes back to resting her head on her hands.
"This was the first time in years I've been able to eat so much without worry. It feels nice."
She looks off into the distance of a window.

Oct 8, 2012 10:18 PM

May 2010
Nioniel nods at her observation, quite happy with the diversity himself.
"I'm glad it's to your liking, I wanted to make sure people felt at home while eating here, since I know being absent from their original homes, and in some cases homeworlds, to be here can be a bit lonely. You'll notice there's some more exotic delicacies that are hard to pronounce or in a language you may not know... That's those kinds of dishes."
He raises an eyebrow at her latter statement, not feeling sure of how to take it.
"Were you watching your weight?" He asks bluntly, almost in disbelief.
"Because that doesn't seem to be an issue for you, at first glance."
Oct 8, 2012 10:28 PM

Aug 2009
She chuckles at the thought of even trying not to eat.
"Not at all. I've just been sorta on the run for quite some time now and haven't really had the luxury of dining without having to worry about what danger lurks in the corners.."
Her voice trails off, embarrassed she's rambling or being impolite. She looks around the room, nervously, trying to change the topic.
"Uh.. well, anyways, I'm Adaia. It's nice to meet you."
She looks at him and smiles warmly.

Oct 8, 2012 10:36 PM

May 2010
Nioniel nods solemnly, sensing that he may have stumbled onto a topic she wasn't quite at liberty to discuss openly with him.
"Well I hope you find Maryoku academy to be a safe haven for you, then."
He lets slip a slight frown at her discomfort, then trying to smile reassuringly, his expression remaining stoic as she swiftly changed topics.
"I'm Nioniel Oshiro, nice to meet you, Adaia." He smiles back with similar warmth, a bit of relief evident on his face as they both navigated off of the more difficult conversation topics.
Oct 8, 2012 10:40 PM

Aug 2009
"Yeah, I'm sure I will. This place seems great so far. It seems I've already made my first friend here, which is always a good sign on the first day."
She glances around the entire cafeteria.
"So, what made you decide to come here?"

Oct 8, 2012 10:43 PM

May 2010
Nioniel smiles widely at being considered a friend, he stuffs another roll of sushi into his mouth as he dons a pensive expression to her question. As he swallows the roll, he speaks.
"My uncle is the dean of the school, and when my family discovered I was developing powers they thought it best that I attend here as soon as I was of age to be in high school. I guess I seem kind of normal in that regard, like a normal student..."
He frowns slightly at how uninteresting his own story sounds to himself.
Oct 8, 2012 10:50 PM

Aug 2009
She notices the look of disapproval on Nioniel's face from his own words.
"Well, at least you'll get exactly what you came here for. And it's always good to have someone close in the higher ups."
She smiles, trying to lighten the mood.

Oct 8, 2012 10:54 PM

May 2010
He lets a wistful smile slip across his features for a moment, until he slides another roll of oh-toro into his mouth after dipping it into the soy/wasabi mixture.
After he's done chewing, he smiles more genuinely.

"You're right. I can at least hope that my time spent here lets me help others to experience a bit more normalcy in their life, no?"
He glances over to her at his query, grinning happily once again.
Oct 8, 2012 11:01 PM

Aug 2009
"That's the spirit. Considering the types of students this school admits, I'm sure most would welcome normalcy with open arms."
She chuckles softly, grinning.

Oct 8, 2012 11:06 PM

May 2010
Nioniel stuffs the last roll of sushi on his plate into his mouth after his mechanically-customary dipping of each roll. He savors its taste while grinning still. As he swallows the roll, he begins to speak.
"Yeah, very true. I'm glad I was able to keep my social life before now discrete. But it's still hard when you look... different." He notes, giving a light tug on his elvish ears for emphasis.
"Anyway, now that we're both finished eating, is there anywhere around the campus you'd like to see? Some of the areas aren't prepared for the new school year yet, so they aren't accessible. But I can show you the places that are open, if that interests you."

((On a side note, how much longer are you going to be online tonight?))
lirisimahOct 13, 2012 7:37 PM
Oct 8, 2012 11:13 PM

Aug 2009
She touches the tips of her ears, happy that someone understands, then pushes her hair behind her ears, wearing them a little more proudly.
"Well actually, aside from my dorm, this is the first part of the school I've been to. Any suggestions?"

((Probably for 1-3 hours, depending I suppose. Wbu?))

Oct 8, 2012 11:17 PM

May 2010
Nio grins at her reaction, his ears always poking from his hair as if announcing their presence.
"Hmm. Well, the most notable spot so far would probably be the hot springs. They're unisex, so the only area segregated by gender are the changing rooms, of course. It's advisable in that case to bring a swimsuit, although... Certain brave individuals--" He coughs lightly, obviously including himself in that description. "-- prefer to stay traditional with the usual towel wrap whilst in the hot springs."

He ponders for a moment of where else would be accessible to them. His ears perking up visibly as he has another idea.
"There's also the training dojo, for those who need to practice using their powers, or people who are interested in dueling." He wrinkles his nose at the last word, obviously not very appreciative of the dueling aspect of the school.

((Around the same, it's strange finding someone else who stays on around the same time as me. o_o))
Oct 8, 2012 11:24 PM

Aug 2009
Her eyes perk up at the mention of a hot spring. She senses Nioniel's lack of desire for dueling.
"H-hot spring, you say? I've never been to one. And I'm sure I'll have all the time in the world to practice later."
She grins excitedly at the thought of relaxing in hot water.

((Yeah, I'm usually on late at night. Since there isn't much else to do. Aha))

Oct 8, 2012 11:26 PM

May 2010
He smiles at her interest in relaxing, placing his hands on the table as he stands up from it, taking his plate in one hand and offering another to Adaia, much as a gentleman would at a ball to help his partner from a carriage. He gives a slight, almost comical bow as he does so.
"Shall we then?"

((On a side note, you're welcome to check out the club's chat room. I'm usually the only one in it, but it's nice to be on it with others who you're RPing with, since it helps cut down the time between responses usually.))
Oct 8, 2012 11:29 PM

Aug 2009
She smiles softly at the gesture, blushing slightly then takes his hand as they walk in the direction of the hot springs.

Oct 9, 2012 1:13 PM

Jun 2012
*sleeps in here, wakes up*
Huh? What happened? *grumble* Dangit......Chef! More sushi!

Oct 9, 2012 4:07 PM

Jun 2012
Bahhh! Thats enough food for now. *hears some movement* Aiy....More people do other things. I better move. *leaves the cafeteria*

Oct 9, 2012 5:32 PM

Aug 2012
Sora enters the cafeteria with his stuff still in his training wear. Being quite exhausted, he heads to the counters and picks himself a sports drink for the time being. Sora heads towards an empty table and drops himself on it and starts drinking.

"Glugg...glug...glug..."

Sora sits and waits for his heart rate to decrease to a steady beat before he goes and eats a real meal.
Oct 10, 2012 3:08 AM

May 2010
Nioniel strode in, with Kaori close behind, after entering the large structure, he waved his hand as if showing off the latest expensive sports car to a crowd of car experts.
"At last, the dining commons..."
Oct 10, 2012 4:10 AM

Aug 2012
After Sora rested his physically inexperienced body, he goes to the counters and grabs himself a simple bowl of udon and goes back to the table where he sat. He begins slurping his food like a vulture scavenging the remains of a decaying zebra on the horizon of African grasslands....

*Sora finishes his food and heads towards his dorm room to change*
Oct 10, 2012 10:13 AM

Apr 2009
Aki walks into the school and decided to get something to eat. It was around noon anyway, so she headed to the cafeteria. As she walks in she sees students sitting at tables talking. Aki decides not to get into any of their conversations so she grabs a chocolet milk and got a bowl of rice and went to a table away from all the other students and started to eat her lunch.
Oct 10, 2012 5:02 PM

Jul 2009
"Nice place" she compliments, nodding her head in approval. The Cafeteria before her was rather large, though she geussed it had to be in order to feed all the students. The aroma's of several different types of food waft in from the kitchen area, wetting her appetite.

"Let's go!" she says, raising her arm and soldiering towards the serving point.

Stop. Calm yourself. You're an idiot.
Oct 10, 2012 5:06 PM

May 2010
Nioniel followed quietly, his hands stuffed into his pockets.
"It is, the diversity of the food selection here is unparalleled in most areas in the world." He notes matter-of-factly as he follows her.
Oct 10, 2012 6:54 PM

Jul 2009
This information only served to widen Kaori's ever growing grin, as the two of them reached the serving point at the end of the hall. Diversity sure was right. Attached to the wall was a large menu, listing all the different food, deserts and beverages that the cafeteria had to offer. It was staggering, and combined with the smells from the kitchen, Kaori feared she might be drooling. Fortunately, it was just her imagination.

"Wow"

Stop. Calm yourself. You're an idiot.
Oct 10, 2012 6:59 PM

May 2010
Nioniel laughed lightly at her reaction, smiling proudly as if he had made the entire dining commons menu himself.
"I don't think I've heard an accurate description of the food selection in under nine letters. Congratulations." He remarked with mild amusement, grabbing one of the oh-toro rolls from the self-service counter and stuffing it into his mouth greedily.
Oct 10, 2012 7:29 PM

Apr 2009
Aki continued to sit away from all of the students eating her lunch and looking over the rule book for the school. She hadn't been here for three years so she thought she would refreash her memory and to see if they were any new rules.
Oct 11, 2012 7:55 PM

Aug 2009
Adaia walks in to find it empty, yet again. She grabs a plate of tri-tip with mushrooms and a glass of raspberry iced tea then sits alone at a table and begins enjoying her meal.

Oct 12, 2012 2:46 AM

Aug 2009
Adaia finishes her meal then quietly makes her way down to her dorm room.

Oct 12, 2012 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
Kahmu walks in and grabs some tri tip and sits down at a table and silently eats his meal

Oct 12, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2012
he leaves

Oct 12, 2012 6:32 PM

Apr 2009
After Aki finished eating her lunch and drinking her milk she put the rulebook back in her pocket. She walks over to the trash can and threw away her trash and walks out of the Cafeteria.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character Creation Thread ( 1 2 3 )

lirisimah - Oct 4, 2012

109 by KuroNoKishidan »»
Jun 24, 2013 1:37 PM

» Teacher's Suite #1

lirisimah - Oct 9, 2012

12 by FlameLightning17 »»
Mar 12, 2013 8:46 AM

» The Lakeside ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

lirisimah - Oct 10, 2012

515 by FlameLightning17 »»
Jan 22, 2013 6:37 PM

» Lightly Forested Schoolground Outskirts ( 1 2 3 4 )

lirisimah - Oct 14, 2012

174 by launa »»
Jan 17, 2013 1:35 PM

» Practice Dojo

lirisimah - Dec 7, 2012

14 by Immaculate »»
Jan 1, 2013 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.