Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 18, 2012 1:02 AM
Nov 2010
This is where you can talk about whatever you want (new album releases, what you're listening to, favorite rappers, etc.).
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 18, 2012 4:09 AM

Aug 2012
Uuu, what's everyone listening to recently? Watch any good animals lately?
Sep 18, 2012 11:32 AM
Nov 2010
Started listening to Kreayshawn's new album "Somethin' 'Bout Kreay," it's pretty garbage not gonna lie. I really don't know what I expected...I was expecting more Gucci Gucci type shit rather than a full on pop album.

By animals I'm going to assume you meant anime. Lately I started watching One Piece trying to catch up. It's actually really good, which I did not expect at all.
Sep 18, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
BinaryStar said:
Started listening to Kreayshawn's new album "Somethin' 'Bout Kreay," it's pretty garbage not gonna lie. I really don't know what I expected...I was expecting more Gucci Gucci type shit rather than a full on pop album.

By animals I'm going to assume you meant anime. Lately I started watching One Piece trying to catch up. It's actually really good, which I did not expect at all.

Lol autocorrected. And oh ic. I'm going to listen to Preparing for Capture 2 as soon as its done downloading. Also Cunninlynguists, Jurassic 5, Rakim, and MF Grimm have been on my mind. As for anime I've been watching Planetes as part of a group anime watching thing in the Social Watchers of Anime club. So far it's been pretty good if a bit slow. After I finish it I'll prolly start either Bakemonogatari, Monster, Mawaru Penguindrum, or Higurashi.
Sep 18, 2012 7:33 PM

Aug 2012
Ok so what I think I'm gonna do is watch higurashi, bakemontegari, penguindrum, monster unless I watch ergo which I signed up to do, but might skip/hold off on
Sep 20, 2012 3:50 AM
Sep 2009
Anyone rocking a PS3 here and have MW3? I'm bored as shit and playing by myself has gotten a bit boring.
Sep 20, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2012
I've got it on 360 but omfg it was so boring
Sep 20, 2012 12:14 PM
Nov 2010
Same. I only have it on the 360.

Btw I'm curious what's your opinion on Chief Keef? I've been seeing him everywhere from rumors about being gang affiliated to making Lupe considering retiring and just generally being as ignorant as possible.
Sep 20, 2012 6:34 PM
Sep 2009
Chief Keef is brutal and his actions on twitter really speak for themselves. Guy's an idiot, autistic or not, if he is connected with those murders, he already ruined a start to a promising career (in terms of popularity of course, he's lyrically inept).

However, Lupe's been acting like a drama queen the last few years so meh. lol
Sep 20, 2012 6:58 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah he's a pretty horrible person
Sep 22, 2012 10:35 AM
Nov 2010
True, Lupe has pulled this kind of stuff before, but let's be honest Chief Keef is a tool. He's like the definition of record execs exploiting black culture for money and Lupe knows it.

Then again Keef is just a product of the brutal south side Chicago neighborhood, where nowadays more people are dying there than in a 3rd world country. So I guess in his music he is just talking about what he knows: Guns, violence, and the lifestyle involved with those.
Sep 24, 2012 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
Ya I suppose you could assert that he's a product of his environment and whatnot.
Sep 25, 2012 1:19 PM
Jun 2008
f&l is a very good album though.
Sep 25, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2012
Holy shit he has aspergers syndrome according to Wikipedia. And yeah fl was def a great album
Oct 3, 2012 12:17 PM

Feb 2011
Am I the only one that was disappointed by F&L2? I mean F&L1 is going to live in the hall of fame because it was storytelling, political views, songs for the struggle & lovers all accompanied by talented & clever lyricism. This is.... a emotional breakdown with quick interventions.
Oct 3, 2012 2:38 PM

Aug 2012
Yeah I wasn't really impressed either
Oct 4, 2012 11:35 PM

Feb 2011
Oh yeah, off-topic but I'm getting heavy into the legalization of pot for recreational uses ever since I came across this article:
http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-police-1-500-pot-plants-city-075850659.html

I ended up going into this giant rant:
"Personally I'm 17 and a smoker that decided to quit purely because I need a job. I've done my research on hemp/weed for this entire day, looked at the roots of why it's illegal & it's just a damn shame that our hidden premise for our anti-drug policy towards cannibus was founded on racism during the 1920's & usage of propaganda almost identical to the "Red Scare" era. Even recent events can't help with only so many people now just finding out about the proposition of Amendment 64 & giving it the opportunity to be regulated and taxed in a sense just like alcohol. It really is the turn of the century with 51% of people claiming legalization but come on now, when you look at the House of Representatives & Congress you're looking at 2 houses that grew up in a vicious anti-drug era so even if we do get the Amendment to be seriously considered chances are things aren't going to change for another decade. Even Obama often tries to side-step the question of legalization & shifting his support more towards stricter drug policies & not owning up to the fact that our "War on Drugs" has failed though he smoked weed himself. I don't have too much hope as a recreational pothead but maybe we'll see some official change in the next 6 years. Oh yeah if parents are so scared about drugs influencing their children, try doing this old method in the handbook of life called "Being a Parent." Monitor your kids & don't just trash them because they get into weed, that's only going to make them more frustrated & more likely to use it when they get out of the house as a college student. Remember, moderation & refinement makes perfect."
Oct 8, 2012 12:31 AM
Nov 2010
still haven't heard it, I really should check it out...

By the way anyone hear about the whole G-Unit vs. MMG thing. Honestly I didn't even think G-Unit still existed.

My friend OD'd on 5 marijuanas, shit hella serious man.
Oct 8, 2012 8:50 PM
Sep 2009
OD'iing on weed? LOL, is that even possible? Shit must've been laced with meth or something.
chocolaetmaelkOct 8, 2012 8:53 PM
Oct 8, 2012 8:52 PM

Feb 2011
Damn Binary, I'll smoke a blunt for that nigga. I'll change the video to an informative video/song next week.

EDIT: @g0053yyy To overdose on weed you'd have to smoke over a third of your weight within 15 minutes. #NowUKnow

I didn't either, Lloyd Banks is the only relevant member out of G-Unit, barely at that.
Oct 8, 2012 9:07 PM
Sep 2009
Did a bit of research, apparently, it's 2x your body weight, regardless, you'd have to Puff the magic dragon to OD.

Most I've done was like eight bong hits in like 20 mins...and I was definitely more than wavy.

Speaking of G-Unit, why hasn't Game come out with a new diss track? It's been too long.
Oct 8, 2012 9:15 PM

Feb 2011
SHIIIIEEET Try hitting a pipe, blunt, bong & hookah within 5 minutes, felt at one with the universe. But if you're gonna do that much research, mine as well go deeper down the rabbit hole with these 2 documentaries:
The Best Marijuana Documentary:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MESZh-_uyUQ
Marijuana: A Chronic History:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd6oJjx8ze0

& I'm surprised about that too, probably too busy on dat YMCMB deal. Least I still have Kendrick.
Oct 8, 2012 9:48 PM
Nov 2010
I was joking, it's damn near impossible to OD on weed haha.

DIEverse said:
& I'm surprised about that too, probably too busy on dat YMCMB deal. Least I still have Kendrick.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Fuck if this is true that's really lame.

Also Officer Ricky's mixtape just dropped gonna check it out.
Link: http://www.datpiff.com/Rick-Ross-The-Black-Bar-Mitzvah-mixtape.402975.html

Oh and some new MellowHype dropped today with a feature from Earl:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkbkyDpp1TI
I'm digging the beat but lyrically it's whatever.
Oct 8, 2012 10:15 PM

Feb 2011
Yeah Game supposedly owes one last album to his current label before signing with Lil Wayne n' shit so now everyone that's actually had some street credit is now under Lil Wayne's ownership.

Er, have fun with that venture. That's like playing Russian Roulette with 4 bullets in.

That beat is hard to listen to but the lyrical ability makes up for it.
Oct 8, 2012 11:00 PM
Nov 2010
That's depressing...well it's not like Game has been that relevant as of late, MAYBE this will help propel him back to the level of fame he had at his height. Damn can you even imagine a Nicki Minaj + Game collabo with Drizzy on the hook? Terrible.

Haters gonna hate on Rozay.

Lyrical ability? Earl has hadn't any amazing verses since Oldie and Hodgy has always been average at best.

We need some real lyrical shit like some SHAQ DIESEL!
Oct 11, 2012 1:05 PM

Feb 2011
He already had Drake on a track so that seems like the next step really.

DEEZ NIGGAS CAN'T HOLD ME BACK (from eating this Popeye's Chicken out of business)

& The verse on P2 was more personal than his earlier shock value stuff so I can respect it, to me he still delivers but to people that want a sequel to Couch it's gonna be kinda eh to them.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» General Discussion

BinaryStar - Feb 3, 2015

0 by BinaryStar »»
Feb 3, 2015 4:38 PM

» Fav. Producers?

chocolaetmaelk - Nov 19, 2012

5 by sebainter »»
Apr 6, 2013 7:38 AM

» Who's your favorite rapper?

FiendishJZA - Aug 25, 2012

7 by sebainter »»
Apr 6, 2013 7:27 AM

» GeminiEye's video thread

GeminiEye - Jan 13, 2013

4 by GeminiEye »»
Feb 28, 2013 1:59 AM

» The 2012 List

Counterpart - Oct 26, 2012

7 by FiendishJZA »»
Dec 14, 2012 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.