Forum Settings
Forums

Advanced creation techniques for a better creation (wat?)

New
Sep 15, 2008 1:56 AM

Mar 2007
If you know or found any good techniques on how to manipulate certain shapes into a desired effect or know any cool shortcuts feel free to post them here

here is the basic "advanced" shortcut keys:

tab - advanced manipulation mode (gives you one or two extra axis of rotation
alt - copies the highlighted part
ctrl (creature mode) - drag to remove limbs. (be sure to click the limb and not the ball)
ctrl (vehicle/building mode) - moves a vehicle or building part vertically
mousewheel - Use to scale objects or alter them completely

heres some i stole off of Gamespot:

- Turning an object around so that the actual object is facing into the creature can be good for making very tiny bumps colored the same as the actual creature.

"Want a creature to walk on the end of its legs instead of on feet but don't like how the animation turned out?
Add some feet and make them as small as possible using the mouse wheel.
Then make the bottom joint of the leg larger with the mouse wheel.
By doing this you can hide the foot inside the bottom of the leg and your character will animate like any other creature with normal feet."

- Manipulating the mouth can make them much more versatile. For example, turning a duck's mouth over and making the new bottom larger makes a great whale mouth.

-you can put mouths inside of mouthes for some fierce or just plain strange creations.

-you can use a limb as a trunk (if you wnat to make something with a trunk) and put a mouth, nose, or eye at the end of it if you want.

- You can use limbs to make longer/thinner tails

- Most parts (especially details) have an arrow that changes the way they look like twirling whiskers or making claws longer/shorter

- Horns can altered to look like great giant pointy teeth if they are postioned correctly and resized with thicker with one of the there option given and even bigger with the left mouse key.

- Adding a small foot on a small limb attached to a long tentacle keeps it steady rather than having it wiggle all over the place.

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 16, 2008 12:13 AM

May 2006
Wow, these are some great tips. I think the only one I knew was using Alt to copy >>

Sep 17, 2008 6:02 PM

Mar 2007

found this one too :)

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Post your SPORE username and/or sporecasts here!

Ranivus - Sep 15, 2008

3 by Baman »»
Feb 12, 2009 2:51 PM

» Videos

seabass6978 - Feb 18, 2008

0 by seabass6978 »»
Feb 18, 2008 1:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.