Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 1, 2008 11:41 AM

Mar 2008
Hello! So i'm curious... Since Slayers is such an old series no speed sub group has ever subbed it. So I was just wondering if anyone has heard any rumours about what fansub groups will be subbing this godlike series!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 1, 2008 12:19 PM

Apr 2007
Toki said they planned on it, and I think Mishicorp might have indicated an interest as well. It will certainly be picked up by somebody, though, even if it's almost assured to be licensed in R1.

Oh, and here's the final pre-series trailer:

Looks like they're going with the manga adaptation, at least for now.

21 hours to go. I am quite stoked at this juncture, to say the least.
Jul 1, 2008 12:28 PM

Mar 2008
Nice! Thanks for showing the video aswell...
And is this Toki fansubing fast? or is it one of those slower ones that take 3 days to sub?
Jul 1, 2008 12:50 PM

Apr 2007
Elt- said:
And is this Toki fansubing fast?

I have no idea, but you can probably judge for yourself by the link in my post above.

Elt- said:
or is it one of those slower ones that take 3 days to sub?

The last time I watched a Slayers series fansubbed it was Try and it took approximately two years in turnaround time from broadcast to fansub release. (I still love you Slow As HELL Anime, wherever you are!)
Jul 2, 2008 11:14 PM

Nov 2007
Elt- said:
And is this Toki fansubing fast? or is it one of those slower ones that take 3 days to sub?

Are you serious? You must be joking. What the hell has it come to when THREE DAYS is slower?!

Frankly, I only know of Aquastar doing a joint with Toki for this one, meaning your turnover time is going to be closer to three weeks..

/and that's only a slight exaggeration
Jul 3, 2008 12:26 AM

Mar 2008
Well if that's the case then i guess i'll just have to learn japanese and watch the RAWs ...
Jul 5, 2008 3:44 AM

Feb 2008
Not sure if this is still helpful, but there's 2 groups who have already released the 1st episode.
The first one is Tadashi with wyvern (Tadashi doesn't pretty decent subs of Soul Eater. I have no idea about wyvern), and the other one is SS-Eclipse (definitely the best choice).
Jul 5, 2008 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
Yes i noticed the SS-Eclipse version just a while ago. Quite impressive having such a good group as Eclipse subbing this godlike series!
I hope they will release the subs faster from now on! I'm getting so excited over this series!
Jul 5, 2008 8:25 PM

Jan 2008
I've seen two versions of it, and to be honest I don't like either. I usually like SS-Eclipse's stuff, but this is not one of those times. Tadashi with wyvern definitely tried with it, and they did pretty good for the most part. I'm actually wishing Soldats or Dattebayo would do it. I'm very happy if Kaizoku did it too.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 6, 2008 9:07 AM

Jun 2008
SS (Static-Subs) & Eclipse are subbing it.

Both of them are fast and very good high quality fansubbers. When they're cooperating it gets even better :)
Aug 16, 2008 8:28 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Static-Subs & Eclipse Production dropped Slayers Revolution.

Static-Subs' Kunio-kun said:
Yes, this is a sad day. We received a cease & desist order from FUNimation Entertainment asking us to stop the fansubbing of Slayers Revolution. We, both Static-Subs and Eclipse Production, have agreed to comply with their statement. It is unfortunate that we have to stop working on such a great show; however I hope you all understand the decision we are making. Thank you for your support for the 6 episodes we have released. Please enjoy the rest of the show when the DVD gets released in your local area. See you again on our future projects.

Static-Subs and Eclipse Production

Source.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Aug 16, 2008 9:48 AM
Jul 2008
Source.
cyruz said:
Static-Subs & Eclipse Production dropped Slayers Revolution.

Static-Subs' Kunio-kun said:
Yes, this is a sad day. We received a cease & desist order from FUNimation Entertainment asking us to stop the fansubbing of Slayers Revolution. We, both Static-Subs and Eclipse Production, have agreed to comply with their statement. It is unfortunate that we have to stop working on such a great show; however I hope you all understand the decision we are making. Thank you for your support for the 6 episodes we have released. Please enjoy the rest of the show when the DVD gets released in your local area. See you again on our future projects.

Static-Subs and Eclipse Production

Source.
I know, too bad :( Isn't there any other group subbing this show ? Most have dropped the show :(
Aug 16, 2008 10:22 AM

Dec 2007
The only ones who kept subbing it besides SS-Eclipse were Inuyasha 4ever I think but they are quite behind them (at ep 5).

Now when SS-Eclipse dropped it, someone else probably will pick it up. Slayers is not so popular show nowadays to cause mass fanboy hysteria like what happened when sub releases for Zero no Tsukaima got a delay and what caused two more group to pick it up, but I think there is some solid interest in the new Slayers so I'm pretty confident that it will be subbed eventually even if it will be done by some anons.
Aug 16, 2008 10:49 AM
Mar 2008
It's worth noting that Funimation haven't even announced they picked this up, and having the license to the other 3 tv shows, doesn't entitle them to make this demand. If Funimation had announced they had the show, then I'd be less annoyed. I've started rewatching the previous shows after deciding a few weeks into Revolution airing that I would in fact not wait for the whole series to be subbed. If I left it a few more weeks to watch Revolution, I could have deleyed the others until I had less on the go
Aug 16, 2008 11:59 AM

May 2006
It's hard to say from the post whether it can be justified or not. It could be that Funi asked the Japanese production company to send the C&D in their stead. Either way, fansubbing violates copyright laws, so Funi has done nothing wrong. Maybe it's just a tactical move before an actual license will be placed. Sure it's not good news, but nothing revolting. It's happened before, will be happening, and probably more often than before.

"I'll go crazy by the end of the year" - K Fu's comment while doing Proofs and Number Theory in Advanced Higher Maths
Aug 16, 2008 12:48 PM
Mar 2008
It says the C+D was sent by Funi, not by Funi + Tv Tokyo or by one in association with the other. If it was the case that Tv Tokyo or a holding company were involved, I'm sure it would have been mentioned

Fansubbing may violate copyright law (theres no way to say otherwise), but unless Funmation own some form of right to the individual property (not franchise), they have no right to insist on stopping activity on something owned by someone else. From what I gather Funi have a habit of doing this for shows they don't even own. It should be noted that people like kaizoku fansubs -who are fansubbing properties Funimation actually have rights to- have not been given c+d's, or at least haven't admitted to receiving them.

It's possible they are going to announce it at a later time, but thats more likely to be because they haven't received it yet. If they already had the rights, we'd have heard from otakon or something.
Aug 16, 2008 4:11 PM

Sep 2007
Dandy_Sephy said:
It's worth noting that Funimation haven't even announced they picked this up, and having the license to the other 3 tv shows, doesn't entitle them to make this demand. If Funimation had announced they had the show, then I'd be less annoyed. I've started rewatching the previous shows after deciding a few weeks into Revolution airing that I would in fact not wait for the whole series to be subbed. If I left it a few more weeks to watch Revolution, I could have deleyed the others until I had less on the go

Enoki, who owns it in Japan, gave Funi power of attorney to C&D stuff in the US; it doesn't have anything to do with the licensing. It's highly annoying, but unfortunately quite legal.
Aug 18, 2008 11:04 AM

Jul 2008
martino said:
It's hard to say from the post whether it can be justified or not. It could be that Funi asked the Japanese production company to send the C&D in their stead. Either way, fansubbing violates copyright laws, so Funi has done nothing wrong. Maybe it's just a tactical move before an actual license will be placed. Sure it's not good news, but nothing revolting. It's happened before, will be happening, and probably more often than before.

Ok, guy I want to say something straight to you: LAWS LIKE YOU SAY ARE NOT EVERYWHERE AND CERTAINLY ARE NOT APPLIED 100%. SO SCREW THOSE SUB COPYRIGHT LAWS CAUSE AS FAR I AM CONCERNED I USE IT FOR MY OWN PERSONAL USE AND NOT FOR PROFIT.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Aug 19, 2008 6:55 AM

Apr 2008
so, are there still subbers left who might continue subbing despite FUNimation?
Aug 19, 2008 11:08 AM

Dec 2007
Some kind anons already made softsubs for it and posted the link at 4chan. I think it's only matter of time before someone will make hard or semihard releases as well.
Aug 19, 2008 11:35 AM

Mar 2008
softsubs? link! :O
And tell me which RAW version to download... IF it isn't included.
Aug 19, 2008 11:46 AM

Dec 2007
http://zip.4chan.org/a/res/14003733.html

That's current thread for it at 4chan, not sure for how long it will be able to stay up. Necessary RAW version is mentioned within readme in the archive.
Aug 19, 2008 12:02 PM

Mar 2008
Thanks alot! I appreciate it!
Aug 19, 2008 11:35 PM
Aug 2007
pra said:
so, are there still subbers left who might continue subbing despite FUNimation?

The other remaining group IY-F (IY4Ever) have also dropped it for the same reason as SS-Eclipse....now we have no groups left for this series...
Aug 20, 2008 1:31 AM

Jul 2008
Anonymous delivered on episode 7- I think (and hope) that 4chan and the rest will bring it forward without making it known who they are.

I was gonna buy the DVDs the minute they were released anyway, 'cause I love Slayers. Where's the lost business? :v
Aug 20, 2008 1:42 AM
Aug 2007
SaintEbony said:
Anonymous delivered on episode 7- I think (and hope) that 4chan and the rest will bring it forward without making it known who they are.

I was gonna buy the DVDs the minute they were released anyway, 'cause I love Slayers. Where's the lost business? :v

Do you know which raw was used?
Aug 20, 2008 1:43 AM

May 2006
SaintEbony said:

You fail to look outside of your room? I mean... Wake up to reality.

"I'll go crazy by the end of the year" - K Fu's comment while doing Proofs and Number Theory in Advanced Higher Maths
Aug 20, 2008 3:48 AM

May 2008
Kit-Tsukasa said:

They provided the info in a text file in the zip. Read it.

and I will agree it needs to be kept quiet.

And whenever DVD's are released I'm getting them as well. I already got all 3 seasons, all the movies and OVA's. =3

BTW for those that missed out on getting the subs I'll provide them for you all with it for a little bit as well: sr07.zip
Aug 20, 2008 1:50 PM

Jul 2008
martino said:
SaintEbony said:

You fail to look outside of your room? I mean... Wake up to reality.

duh :v

Still, 'tis a shame they pulled the plug on us so quickly. I'm impatient and want my Slayers fix now~
Aug 21, 2008 12:49 AM
Mar 2008
Ugh, seriously Not Happy.
I mean, assuming that either Funi intends to license it, or the Japanese owners are expecting to sell it to American distributors at some point. We're gonna have to wait until the licensing gets finalised, and then they're gonna have to translate it, dub it, air it, and stamp it on dvd's. Then I'll have to wait some more for them to make their way to Australia. This is gonna take *years*, and that would just be for the single volume dvd releases...

X_X
Aug 21, 2008 1:38 AM
Aug 2007
Rhayn said:
I mean, assuming that either Funi intends to license it, or the Japanese owners are expecting to sell it to American distributors at some point. We're gonna have to wait until the licensing gets finalised, and then they're gonna have to translate it, dub it, air it, and stamp it on dvd's. Then I'll have to wait some more for them to make their way to Australia. This is gonna take *years*, and that would just be for the single volume dvd releases...

X_X

*waits for Eclipse to get a TL*

Static-Subs was the one who got a c&d not Eclipse I believe. Eclipse runs their own tracker...

btw, I'm having trouble playing the .ass files on the raws...it keeps overlapping/delay. Any idea how to fix it? (I'm using Zero-Raws version 700 x 396)
Aug 21, 2008 2:39 AM

Apr 2008
foxia said:
Kit-Tsukasa said:

They provided the info in a text file in the zip. Read it.

and I will agree it needs to be kept quiet.

And whenever DVD's are released I'm getting them as well. I already got all 3 seasons, all the movies and OVA's. =3

BTW for those that missed out on getting the subs I'll provide them for you all with it for a little bit as well: sr07.zip

thank you very much.
The only other sub i was able to find was chinese or so... But I wasn't able to find neither english nor german nor russian... (I almost believe the russian fansubbers i found translate english to russian)
Aug 21, 2008 3:55 AM
Mar 2008
Kit-Tsukasa said:

Static-Subs was the one who got a c&d not Eclipse I believe. Eclipse runs their own tracker...

btw, I'm having trouble playing the .ass files on the raws...it keeps overlapping/delay. Any idea how to fix it? (I'm using Zero-Raws version 700 x 396)

Sorry, what is a TL? I just assumed that Eclipse dropped it as well since they were subbing it together.
The subs worked fine for me with the 1280x720 version, but I don't think that's the problem....
Aug 21, 2008 7:26 AM
Jul 2008
Hardsubs released by VivaLaRevolution.

Mod Edit: links deleted. Read the rules.
cyruzAug 23, 2008 6:20 AM
Aug 23, 2008 4:19 AM
Feb 2007
Rhayn said:

X_X

Meh, I'd rather wait a few years... but unfortunately I'm living somewhere in a place where nobody has ever even heard of anime or manga so the DVD's are never going to get released over here...

So... seriously, be happy if it get released at all... cause not everyone has that luxury :P
Aug 23, 2008 7:21 PM

Jul 2008
Rhayn said:
Kit-Tsukasa said:

Sorry, what is a TL? I just assumed that Eclipse dropped it as well since they were subbing it together.
The subs worked fine for me with the 1280x720 version, but I don't think that's the problem....

TL = Translator. Static Subs was providing the translator, so Eclipse was doing the encoding/TLC/QC. Without a translator for the series Eclipse had no choice but to drop it.
Aug 24, 2008 11:38 PM
Mar 2008
SilverVappy said:
Meh, I'd rather wait a few years... but unfortunately I'm living somewhere in a place where nobody has ever even heard of anime or manga so the DVD's are never going to get released over here...

So... seriously, be happy if it get released at all... cause not everyone has that luxury :P

I suppose it is better than having to import it from the States. Eh, guess I'll get over all this in a few weeks time, forget about it, and be pleasantly surprised when I do see a boxset in a store somewhere, sometime.

@Lolrus: thanks for the explaination
Aug 28, 2008 1:41 AM
Aug 2007
Rhayn said:
Kit-Tsukasa said:

A TL is a translator....As far as I've seen, Eclipse has never cared when it came to C&D or Licenses...only Static-subs does and I'm assuming there TL lately comes from there and doesn't want to get in trouble so the TL dropped the project.....

Anyone know if eps 8 and 9 subs/.ass files are out yet?
Aug 28, 2008 4:31 AM

Apr 2008
i searched yesterday, but i haven't found anything...
Aug 29, 2008 3:13 AM

Dec 2007
Kind anons finally released their softsubs for 8th ep.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VIZSPRHX
Aug 29, 2008 3:52 AM

Apr 2008
Aesir- said:
Kind anons finally released their softsubs for 8th ep.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VIZSPRHX

finally!
and because megaupload sucks, here's a mirror:
http://pra.iplanet.at/filemgr/test/slr08.rar
Sep 2, 2008 4:59 PM

Aug 2007
It's such a pity this new "VivaLaRevolution" group doesn't know how to encode.. I'm grateful and all that they're trying, but.. Looks like I'll have to do my own work from here on out.
Sep 2, 2008 8:57 PM
Feb 2008
brass2themax said:
It's such a pity this new "VivaLaRevolution" group doesn't know how to encode.. I'm grateful and all that they're trying, but.. Looks like I'll have to do my own work from here on out.

A number of players (at least on Linux, I'd assume VLC/MPC can handle it, RealPlayer I know can (yes, it's nasty, I know), WMP probably can't...) can import subs automagically if the .ass file is in the same folder as the episode and has the same name, no encoding mess necessary.
Sep 2, 2008 11:57 PM

Apr 2007
Aside from that, theyre a good group, right? I havent seen any episodes subbed by them yet. I was kinda wondering if the translation was good. If you all are using them, I guess they cant be bad, though.
Blergh.
Sep 3, 2008 12:29 AM

Jul 2006
When Eclipse announced that they'll stop subbing slayers revolution, I had a feeling that they would continue with "fake" name. Looking at the Viva La Revolution subs.. They use the same fonts, but for example OP has been translated different. Untrained eye wouldn't notice differences, but there were these small details which bugged me, and job quality wasn't so 'profeshunal'. But SS-Eclipse weren't perfect either so if you love Slayers, and you just want to know Lina and others are talking about, use the VLR subs. ;)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2008 12:32 AM

Apr 2007
Cool, Ill do that. BTW, where did Eclipse announce that? Their page didnt say anything about it and I had been waiting for weeks for a new episode of Slayers without knowing that they had dropped it...
Blergh.
Sep 3, 2008 2:07 AM
Mar 2008
brass2themax said:

There are hard subs with their tag floating around. I guess their subs get repackaged and put up by other people.
Sep 3, 2008 5:05 AM

Jul 2006
Alexeon said:
Cool, Ill do that. BTW, where did Eclipse announce that? Their page didnt say anything about it and I had been waiting for weeks for a new episode of Slayers without knowing that they had dropped it...

You should've check Statistic. ;)

http://forum.staticsubs.org/index.php?topic=2012.msg22575#msg22575

I forgot it was SS who announced it, sorry. :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2008 8:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
The first post on MAL about SS dropping it did have a link to the source post though. Guess y'all just too lazy to look through that giant amount that is 3 pages. xP

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 3, 2008 4:58 PM

Aug 2007
Kionniko said:
When Eclipse announced that they'll stop subbing slayers revolution, I had a feeling that they would continue with "fake" name. Looking at the Viva La Revolution subs.. They use the same fonts, but for example OP has been translated different. Untrained eye wouldn't notice differences, but there were these small details which bugged me, and job quality wasn't so 'profeshunal'. But SS-Eclipse weren't perfect either so if you love Slayers, and you just want to know Lina and others are talking about, use the VLR subs. ;)

At first I thought VLR might be Eclipse, but a few seconds into the episode just by looking at the RAW they used, you can tell it's not them. All they did was extract the fonts from one of the previously released Eclipse mkv files and use them to match up with previous releases. It's not them though.

I'm just taking VLR's ass scripts and retiming them for the TV Tokyo raws, which are obviously superior in quality. Some guy posted a torrent on Toshokan earlier today who did the same thing, but he left the audio track as AC3 instead of encoding to Vorbis to get a nice 344 MB filesize... >.<

I wish someone would come along and do this properly, and save the rest of us some work.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 13 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 25, 2008

24 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 3, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Xellos's new dubbed voice

Tsumayouji - May 27, 2011

5 by funtime43_tr »»
Sep 1, 2022 4:25 AM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dtshyk - Jul 2, 2008

56 by Etcetera- »»
Oct 15, 2021 7:16 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 2 Discussion

Tenjouname - Jul 9, 2008

29 by DonTrumpolino »»
May 25, 2021 4:56 PM

Poll: » Slayers Revolution Episode 12 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 17, 2008

16 by Gator »»
Feb 14, 2021 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.