Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 31, 2008 2:06 PM

Dec 2007
Ok guise I have a request:

I have no patience so I am in need of a nutritious meal that is inexpensive and can be made in under 10 minutes.

NO BLENDERS OR CUP RAMEN D:

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 31, 2008 2:28 PM
Oct 2007
that all sounds so yummy.
10 minute meal?

Brown a lb. of ground beef.
Drain grease.
Add in a bag of frozen mix veggies.
Turn fire on low.
Add in a can of diced tomotes.
Add in salt and pepper.
Let cook until veggies are warm and not frozen.

It all takes about 10-25 mins.

Nice and good with some Thai rice. ^_^
(i should know....I'm eating dinner right now...)
GTC's List - Delete
Jul 31, 2008 2:42 PM

Jun 2008
Homemade Pizza!
My favorite. ^_^

There you go!
^_^
Jul 31, 2008 3:34 PM

Dec 2007
GTC said:
that all sounds so yummy.
10 minute meal?

Brown a lb. of ground beef.
Drain grease.
Add in a bag of frozen mix veggies.
Turn fire on low.
Add in a can of diced tomotes.
Add in salt and pepper.
Let cook until veggies are warm and not frozen.

It all takes about 10-25 mins.

Nice and good with some Thai rice. ^_^
(i should know....I'm eating dinner right now...)
GTC's List - Delete

D:

I WILL TRY THAT WHEN I DONT FEEL LAZY :D
Aug 1, 2008 2:39 AM

Apr 2007
= hmmmmmm........easy, nutritious, quick meal..............ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...............................................
oh!
It might take a little longer than ten minutes but....if you don't want to put too much work into it. I suppose cheating with a gravy or sauce mix is excusable =D

Get some pre-cut beef stew meat, brown it in a frying pan with a little butter. Add a gravy or beef sauce mix, with the same amount of water as the package calls for, to the pan o' beef and stir until it kinda looks like curry.....o__o if you know what I mean. Add a can of green beans to that if you want. Then just make some white rice to put it over.

=O............It's stupidly simple and full of protein! If you do it right, it should taste really good, if you're hungry enough.
May 27, 2009 10:28 PM

Oct 2008
You are asking something that isn't quite possible..

Nutrious, yet inexpensive..

More importantly, it must be done under 10 minutes and it cannot be instant food.

Is this a riddle??
May 30, 2009 2:04 AM

Dec 2007
Prerequisites: Rice cooker (actually, every person save those with coeliac disease should have one, since they make cooking rice a breeze), cooked rice, frozen vegetables (you can make these yourself by cutting and blanching, them freezing them, takes about half an hour for 2 pounds of vegetables). A Wok helps, but is by no means strictly necessary.

Sauté frozen veggies until unfrozen at very high heat in clarified butter or a similar fat that can stand high temperatures. Add cold cooked rice and stir-fry until slightly browned.

Can be made more luxurious by adding pork or beef or chicken to the mix, or a scrambled egg (only lightly fry it beforehand, so it doesn't dry out).

Takes about 10 minutes if you have about 2 hours' time on weekends to prepare the vegetables.

Ultra-quick (almost) non-instant soup
If you don't want to wait that long, or don't have time to prepare beforehand:
Buy Miso paste, spring onions, wakame (seaweed, the non-fried kind, as opposed to nori), tofu, soy bean sprouts and chicken broth (you can use instant soup stock for that, you won't die of it. Plus making your own soup stock is tedious work).
Make some chicken broth (takes 5 minutes to get the water to a boil, meanwhile chop onions and dice tofu), add miso, chopped spring onions, wakame, diced tofu and soy bean sprouts. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Enjoy! This is very healthy, nutritious, and won't make you fat.
If you're feeling fancy and more authentic, replace chicken soup stock with dashi.
toshiroMay 30, 2009 2:13 AM
Sep 12, 2010 6:29 AM

Jul 2007
Here is a quick college meal I always use.

1 box of macaroni and cheese (Kraft about .75-1.00)
1/2 of rotel tomato (1.00)
1 can of tuna in water drained (1.00)

Use butter, salt, and pepper to taste.

Cook mac and chz, normally takes 7-8 mins. Mix in the cheesy goodness which it comes with then add the rotel, tuna, and salt/pepper/butter.

Great meal. I make this about once a week for my roomie. My roomie likes to add milk to hers when she does it.

You can also substitute the tuna for canned chicken if you want. I have done it, but I like the tuna better.
HushSep 12, 2010 7:09 AM

Going to eat your brains and gain your knowledge.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» What's your most hated food? ( 1 2 )

StabbyPWNS - Oct 5, 2008

53 by Esutta »»
Jun 7, 2015 3:27 PM

Poll: » Pick your Poison!

ChibiAyane - Jul 12, 2008

49 by Esutta »»
May 30, 2015 8:40 PM

Poll: » Starches

ChibiAyane - Mar 17, 2008

28 by Esutta »»
May 30, 2015 8:28 PM

Poll: » Fruits

ChibiAyane - Mar 17, 2008

26 by Esutta »»
May 30, 2015 8:22 PM

Poll: » Cheese

ChibiAyane - Mar 18, 2008

23 by Esutta »»
May 30, 2015 8:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.