Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 29, 2008 7:15 AM

May 2008
Has anyone here every read either of those two books?I have not even really heard about them until i played GU.Does anyone know anything about them and if you do it would help to tell me because i have no idea XD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 30, 2008 3:41 AM

Nov 2007
Those books rellay exist ?? o_O ... I didn't know ... I thought it was only for the game ... >_>
Sorry, I can't help ... but I'd like to know too ... ^^
Jun 1, 2008 8:48 AM

May 2008
Alright so i did a little research on the orgin of those books and they are VERY old.If you look it up on wikipedia the there will be some other stuff about it.
I read that they made it into a comic or manga one time so im guessing that is what she means by she read the books.Im not sure if you could normally read the book-book copies because they where writen in like the 1600's or something like that.
But there is alot of popculture things based on the Three Kingdoms.

Other than that i know nothing more.
Jul 28, 2008 6:15 AM

May 2008
Huh?? i didn't know that???

Romance of three kingdoms??

i know that there is an anime like that:

http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?id=970

I don't know if it really based on the book that you have said cause i didn't watch this yet

Aug 13, 2008 2:55 PM

May 2008
Yes the anime that you showed is based on the book. Im not exactly sure how accurate it is but it does use alot of the names from the book and the time period is close i suppose.
I also found a quote from an ancient chinese philosopher that said something like "The young shouldnt read the Water Margin just as the old shouldnt read Romance of the Three Kingdoms."
Now days im sure they have alot of things that derive some parts of the books into their own form of media but its accuracy is a bit exaturated. Like the game series Dynasty Warriors uses a lot of the Chinese generals in the books and also there is a computer game that tries very hard to stay very close to the story of Romance of the Three Kingdoms but just as in .hack the Epitaph of Twilight was turned into the world, the same thing happened to these two books. When they where translated parts where changed and taken out. That is because when things are translated into a different language than they originated from things dont always fall into place the way they should. So any form of the two books that you see nowdays is now changed in some way since the books where written over four hundred years ago.
But if anyone is still interested in the stories they can try the different versions that it has been put into and then pick what you think is the original and what is the added in material. Im sure that most libraries would have a copy if you would look hard enough for it.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» First post!

ChaseRosenburg - May 22, 2008

2 by ChaseRosenburg »»
May 26, 2008 11:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.