Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 26, 2011 5:08 PM

Nov 2009
I noticed Shuz posted a message on the first thread I ever started, but I didn't even notice it. XD I thought I should post a new thread so new people can check it.

This is Shuz's Post::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"I think I brought this up with you, however I would like to hear people opinions.

How would you like the club to be run? What are your expectations?

-do you want to meet somewhere at eat first?
-should we sit down and watch series from beginning to end, rinse, and repeat?
-should we watch various of anime titles through out the night?
-should we have themed events such as a certain genre night, gundam building night, etc.
-would you like to discuss about the anime's that we are watching or have seen.
-should we each bring a title and share them?"
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-I support eating. If we're having fun, there's no telling how late we'll run sometimes.
-I support discussions, also. That's the best part. :3
-I support themes, though "free-for-all" can be a theme as well, if we're feeling spontaneous. I like the idea of meeting for conventions, gundams, Pokemon tournaments (woot woot), etc. I think this can include anime/Japan-related games. I say anime/Japan-related because I saw you guys ogling Josh's games last week. I HATE those games. (Although if majority rules, I'll gladly just read a book)
-It's definitely a good idea for everyone to get a chance to share. If we say the theme, everyone can bring a DVD (or at least a name if we need to stream it). However, members are welcome to just show up and experience what we want.

kuroshi_nazo: Made post a sticky.
kuroshi_nazoJun 27, 2011 8:29 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 5, 2011 12:36 AM

Dec 2010
Peter suggested, and I agree, that we watch a completely an anime that no one in our group has seen during our meetups. So that way everyone is on the same page. I also think that the first hour or two should be hang out time where we go to eat, do some themed activities such as gundams, music, games, etc.
Jun 24, 2011 7:10 PM

Nov 2008
hmm old post new member ^.^ can i suggest, and from what i gather from wednesday billeh will totally agree with me, that we procure some hot, single bitches?
Jun 25, 2011 2:14 PM

Nov 2009
...Um...Must we? XD Lol...though hot single bitches sounds amazingly fun.

Yeah. Too bad I'm getting married in a week.
Jun 26, 2011 4:37 AM
Apr 2011
If only rofl, have fun at your wedding Sarah =)
Jun 27, 2011 4:50 PM

Nov 2008
yeah single is the key word there. we should advertise the group and attempt active recruitment, with a completely coincidental bias towards hot bitches (single). I guess how large do we intend on letting this group get and what are the plans for it?

Also, when is the next meeting. Seriously, the more days between meet ups, the more episodes I get ahead in Gosick...
Jun 27, 2011 7:37 PM

Nov 2009
Like I posted, Lionel. It's up to you guys what happens with the meetup. I usually pick the times and ask for feedback, but I'll be out of town for eight days in a row. You guys decide when the next one happens. If you want top hurry up and meet, tell everyone your availability and tell them to pick a day and time that falls within said availability. That's what I do. It works wonder.

As for plans...When we started it, I was hoping to have a Genshiken-like group to do a variety of otaku-related stuffs with (like the Gundam party XD). I guess that was MY vision of it. Now I'm curious what everyone else was thinking, considering that until you (Lionel) joined, I was the only new person in the group. Personally I would have let it get as big as it could...until...we couldn't fit in Billy's apartment anymore. Good thing I'm not in charge (not that anyone really is, I think...)

I'll only be around a little more than a month longer, but I'm glad I got to help start this up. :3 I hope I can get involved in another anime club wherever I'm stationed!
Jun 28, 2011 1:01 AM
Apr 2011
It's just as Sarah says. Me, Peter, and shuz typically hang out once a week regardless. So you should give us a time that you're available and we can find some common ground. Personally, I'd like to have it kinda set in stone so we won't have to constantly pick different days and times.

As for number of people, I don't really care as long as it's not over 8 or so. That's about when it gets crowded in the apt.
Jun 28, 2011 5:08 PM

Nov 2008
laaame its already 8 ppl. also, you guys should stop at episode 18. thats where i am. as in complete 18 and dont watch 19. when do you guys usually meet up. honestly im free anytime after work (6pm) on any day. maybe not wednesdays, we used to have a game night thing but the guy is moving or something...
Jun 28, 2011 5:24 PM

Nov 2009
If we're looking for a permanent meet day, I agree on vetoing Wednesday. I have Navy meetings and Japanese class on Wednesdays. Anyways, we don't currently have eight people meeting up with us. We have five. I messaged Baronirix to invite him.

As for the next meet-up, trying texting/calling. Did you trade numbers with people? They are very indecisive. Narrow down your days to two and tell them to pick one. XD

::You used Vague-Request attack. It was ineffective::
Jun 29, 2011 8:29 PM

Mar 2009
Him moving to Irving in a few days, so I might be able to go to the next meet-up...dont really know yet.
Jul 11, 2011 7:21 PM

Nov 2008
you cant come unless you bring single hot bitches!
Jul 13, 2011 11:10 AM

Mar 2009
I am a hot single bitch...kinda......maybe............ok not really.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Overrated anime

eman5621 - Jun 20, 2015

0 by eman5621 »»
Jun 20, 2015 8:56 PM

» Recent Animes Worth Watching

Lifewish - Jan 19, 2012

9 by DeadlyKunoichi »»
Dec 3, 2012 10:34 PM

» A-kon 2012

Ryan11293 - Dec 31, 2011

13 by MajesticOtaKing »»
Jun 17, 2012 6:23 PM

» Dec.18 meetup

Shuzaku - Dec 10, 2011

23 by Lifewish »»
Dec 20, 2011 8:30 AM

Sticky: » Possible rules for Meet-Ups (draft)

kuroshi_nazo - Jun 27, 2011

7 by billeh »»
Jun 28, 2011 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.