Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 2008 5:36 PM

Nov 2007
Hey everyone! ^^

Anime Art that Rocks is one of the biggest clubs in MAL. After some months of existence, I think it's time for some updates. And the best people for help us, admins, is you, members of AAtR!
So, if you have any suggestions to make the club better, please tell us in this thread. Events, games, infos, anything you think that AAtR must have.

Ideas:
- Weekly Anime Recommendations:

- Anime Songs Contest;

- Tifa's Imaged Thread Banner:
ArbalestMay 28, 2008 6:33 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 11, 2008 7:46 PM
Nov 2007
Is there already a contest for animes which are the most emotional/funny/scary/etc.?

How about music too? Like whether it makes the listener sad, pumped up etc.

Maybe having contests like Love_Rose's except that you use quotes? (I made a club about that by the way so if you want to do this then link this: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=3133)

Also a contest of who has the best drawing of a passage ( What I mean is that taking a certain scene from a book or a fanfic or something of the sort, and making people draw the scene) (this one would be nice if we didnt have the technical difficulties of having people find scanners)
May 11, 2008 8:03 PM

Mar 2008
lol ahuhu discurso quase desesperado em :) hauehaue tive até que postar aqui

minha ideia parte dessa ai do Weekly Anime !

I think that we could put a recommendation to anime, giving him more for all their opens and ends with amvs, character .... as would be done to let its option ahuehuuhuhu
May 11, 2008 9:09 PM

Nov 2007
why not a pot-luck dinner every tuesday? oooooohhh! we can have a bake sale! *hops up and down*
....... or your method works too.... i guess.
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
May 11, 2008 9:31 PM

Sep 2007
I know one thing that would make this club the best club on MAl is if they removed me from the mass message list. (I've asked brfore)

Every few days I get an email from mal, to with I click with glee thinking
someone cared enough to send me a message only to come to the crushing reality
that no one really cares. Its just a mass message and I'm still a loser even on the internet.

May 11, 2008 9:37 PM

Sep 2007
Roxkis said:
I know one thing that would make this club the best club on MAl is if they removed me from the mass message list. (I've asked brfore)

that no one really cares. Its just a mass message and I'm still a loser even on the internet.

roxkis, it becomes really hard when it comes to that suggestion b/c MAL does not have the feature of removing you from the MM list...and when we do...we would have to look through all 1200+ messages to go delete the message for you...if MAL came up with a feature where we could deselect you from the MM list then we would...so i think you should suggest that to Xinil to get a feature like that for admins of this club to use=P
May 11, 2008 9:42 PM

Sep 2007
madskizzles said:
Roxkis said:

roxkis, it becomes really hard when it comes to that suggestion b/c MAL does not have the feature of removing you from the MM list...and when we do...we would have to look through all 1200+ messages to go delete the message for you...if MAL came up with a feature where we could deselect you from the MM list then we would...so i think you should suggest that to Xinil to get a feature like that for admins of this club to use=P

I see, then I will....thou it looks like I'll just have to bite the bullet
May 11, 2008 9:44 PM

Sep 2007
Roxkis said:
madskizzles said:
Roxkis said:

sorry for the inconvenience roxkis ><"
May 11, 2008 9:47 PM

Sep 2007
madskizzles said:
Roxkis said:
madskizzles said:
Roxkis said:

Not your fault (Mostly my own underlining issues)
May 11, 2008 9:50 PM

Feb 2008
Roxkis said:
madskizzles said:
Roxkis said:
madskizzles said:
Roxkis said:

Not your fault (Mostly my own underlining issues)
well if you want you could ask for it in the suggestions forum.
May 11, 2008 10:27 PM

Nov 2007
well it would be nice if we had a few more active members.

banana
May 11, 2008 11:02 PM

Apr 2008
Let me start with my first thought I had, when I joined...

"Yay, hope they have a bunch of links to Wallpaper pages etc"...was my first thought...but as soon I was looking into this club, I saw AMV contests going on and was wondering myself "If the Club says "AATR" then why is there only AMVs?"

So, I'm basically missing pictures (Anime ART that rocks...no?) and suchs.
AMVs good and fine, but there are too many within a short period of time. Well, I'm not forced to place my vote each and every time they are up, but a little cooldown time wouldn't be wrong either, at least what I think.
May 11, 2008 11:46 PM

Dec 2007
Draccon said:
Let me start with my first thought I had, when I joined...

"Yay, hope they have a bunch of links to Wallpaper pages etc"...was my first thought...but as soon I was looking into this club, I saw AMV contests going on and was wondering myself "If the Club says "AATR" then why is there only AMVs?"

So, I'm basically missing pictures (Anime ART that rocks...no?) and suchs.
AMVs good and fine, but there are too many within a short period of time. Well, I'm not forced to place my vote each and every time they are up, but a little cooldown time wouldn't be wrong either, at least what I think.

Hmm, you've given me a little idea actually. The idea of image threads, or wallpaper threads is a good one actually. What i may do later on, as in after i've gotten back from lectures today, i'll create a topic for wallpapers, and put that one, and the one that is used for more club pictures, and sticky them. That way they are always at the top of the forum threads for us and it can put a bit more focus on the topic at hand.
May 11, 2008 11:55 PM
Nov 2007
Speaking of wallpapers how do I make a screenshot? And where can I find the screenshot I took?
May 12, 2008 12:02 AM

Dec 2007
Screenshots are fairly easy to deal with. To take one of your screen just hit the Print Screen button, it'll appear on some keyboards as 'Prt Sc', after that you just need to open say paint and paste it.
May 12, 2008 12:08 AM

Apr 2008
Arbalest said:

Hmm, you've given me a little idea actually. The idea of image threads, or wallpaper threads is a good one actually. What i may do later on, as in after i've gotten back from lectures today, i'll create a topic for wallpapers, and put that one, and the one that is used for more club pictures, and sticky them. That way they are always at the top of the forum threads for us and it can put a bit more focus on the topic at hand.

Can be troublesome...why? You have a picture thread, 78 replies and an amount of 223 pictures....now what do we have? An unstructured thread blooming and ripe as it is.
I would rather recommend external linking to sites, which have subfolder to a specified anime series or a tagging system. To find something you are looking for will be alot easier.

The only "advantage" I see in a picture thread is the randomness. Maybe there is a nice Pic by chance, which will make you go looking for more...

Cortez321 said:
Speaking of wallpapers how do I make a screenshot? And where can I find the screenshot I took?

Upper right on your keyboard is the "Print/Screen" button...press that, open Paint for example, ctrl+v/paste it and save it to your desktop or whereever you please.
May 12, 2008 4:49 AM

May 2007
I agree that there doesn't seem to be enough ... art related stuff going on.

Cortez321 said:
Also a contest of who has the best drawing of a passage ( What I mean is that taking a certain scene from a book or a fanfic or something of the sort, and making people draw the scene) (this one would be nice if we didnt have the technical difficulties of having people find scanners)

I kind of like this idea, although I probably wouldn't join it myself being the horrible artist that I am. And some kind of wallpaper / pictures thread isn't bad either.
May 12, 2008 6:31 AM

Dec 2007
I don't know if that was said before but I think we should make some competition, like Signature of the Week :D I like anime graphics :D So it could be good^_^
May 12, 2008 12:53 PM

Nov 2007
Wow, we have a lot of suggestion here ^^ That's good!

Now I'll organize them so we can discuss about it.

- Anime Contest (funny, sad, scary, emotional etc.);
- Drawing contest;
- Wallpapers threa;
- Images game;

Cortez321 said:
How about music too? Like whether it makes the listener sad, pumped up etc.

Hehe, I'm already planning this contest ;D And I think the list is quite good, but we can talk about this later ^^

jef said:
I think that we could put a recommendation to anime, giving him more for all their opens and ends with amvs, character .... as would be done to let its option ahuehuuhuhu
Good, good... maybe something like "Month's Anime". We pick an Anime and create a thread for info, images, songs, lyrics, characters etc... I like the idea :D

DarkRoseOtaku said:
well it would be nice if we had a few more active members.
Yeah... I wanna see more people participating... well, that's why I've made this thread, so more members can participate ;D
May 12, 2008 2:10 PM

Nov 2007
Why don't we have a drawing contest? ^_^ and who ever wins can have there art on the the front page. or like the monthly artist and have there art featured on the front page.
May 13, 2008 3:22 PM

Apr 2008
Maybe this idea is trouble, or hard to be realized, but what if members of the club get together to make a Doujin or something? Nothing complicated or pro, just a small story drawed by people of the club.
And a contest of fanfic and/or fanart could be nice.

May 13, 2008 3:26 PM

Nov 2007
Jujuba said:
Maybe this idea is trouble, or hard to be realized, but what if members of the club get together to make a Doujin or something? Nothing complicated or pro, just a small story drawed by people of the club.
That would be interesting... :D
May 13, 2008 5:53 PM
Nov 2007
Mah_Marina said:
Jujuba said:
That would be interesting... :D

Yah 4-Koma!!!
Jun 1, 2008 3:03 PM

Nov 2007
We need to discuss more about new events...

Anime Songs Contest: coming soon
Drawing Contest: done

Games: ???

What do you guys think about doing a quiz game?
Jun 6, 2008 7:56 AM

Jan 2008
Mah_Marina said:

Dunno about that but Id like to see the "3 word story" game (if you can even call it a game). Like to laugh my arse off by the most wicked and crazyest (anime related?) story ever made.
Jun 6, 2008 1:45 PM

Nov 2007
Roocest said:
Mah_Marina said:

Dunno about that but Id like to see the "3 word story" game (if you can even call it a game). Like to laugh my arse off by the most wicked and crazyest (anime related?) story ever made.
Hehe, that's a nice idea... XD
Jun 7, 2008 11:35 AM

Feb 2008
Mah_Marina said:
Roocest said:
Mah_Marina said:

Like what would happen if Negi (NEGIMA!) blew Mr. Despair's (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) head off.
Jun 7, 2008 11:44 AM

Nov 2007
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
Roocest said:
Mah_Marina said:

Like what would happen if Negi (NEGIMA!) blew Mr. Despair's (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei) head off.
He would be in despair for sure XD

Well, we can create this game... now. It's very simple... we just need to create the rules ^^
Jun 7, 2008 11:55 AM

Feb 2008
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
Roocest said:
Mah_Marina said:

Well, we can create this game... now. It's very simple... we just need to create the rules ^^
I said that without even knowing how we'd do a 3 word story XD
Jun 7, 2008 11:58 AM

Nov 2007
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
Roocest said:
Mah_Marina said:

Well... as far as I know you say three words and the next person have to continue with 3 other words...
It's simple to create this game... I guess. We just need to make the rules. ^^
Jun 7, 2008 12:00 PM

Feb 2008
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
Roocest said:
Mah_Marina said:

Well... as far as I know you say three words and the next person have to continue with 3 other words...
It's simple to create this game... I guess. We just need to make the rules. ^^
Ok that's what I thought it was....
Jun 19, 2008 8:21 AM

Jan 2008
Would it be possible if you could add the artists and used songs in the AMV contest threads?
And about the 3 word story game, could you add a rule not to involve MAL users by name? Kinda bored of this user [X] kills user [Y] and user [Y] pays back by killing [X].
Since were in MAL wouldnt it be funnier if we just use chars from anime/manga to make the story?
Jun 19, 2008 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
Roocest said:
Would it be possible if you could add the artists and used songs in the AMV contest threads?
And about the 3 word story game, could you add a rule not to involve MAL users by name? Kinda bored of this user [X] kills user [Y] and user [Y] pays back by killing [X].
Since were in MAL wouldnt it be funnier if we just use chars from anime/manga to make the story?
That was teh original idea - using just anime/manga characters... but I lost the control... my mistake >.<

I'll fix this right now. Thanks for reminding me (I'm a little busy this week). ^^'
Aug 19, 2008 6:46 PM

Jul 2008
Um ... I haven't been active at all in this club because I've been kind of busy with school and such but I have a suggestion for a type of drawing contest:

Maybe if you had one in which they had to tell a single page story in comic/manga format with all the balloons and panels and such. I think that it would be really cool and quite a challenge for most artists out there, including myself. (In fact, I don't even think I could do a one page story ... maybe a five page one but that's pushing it.) But still, I think it would be cool. Not only would it show off the people's drawing skills but also their storytelling and layout skills as well.

So, that's really all I've got. (I'll try to become more active as I adjust to school and swim team and such.)
Aug 20, 2008 1:41 PM

Nov 2007
FALLEN101 said:
Um ... I haven't been active at all in this club because I've been kind of busy with school and such but I have a suggestion for a type of drawing contest:

Maybe if you had one in which they had to tell a single page story in comic/manga format with all the balloons and panels and such. I think that it would be really cool and quite a challenge for most artists out there, including myself. (In fact, I don't even think I could do a one page story ... maybe a five page one but that's pushing it.) But still, I think it would be cool. Not only would it show off the people's drawing skills but also their storytelling and layout skills as well.

So, that's really all I've got. (I'll try to become more active as I adjust to school and swim team and such.)
I loved the idea, Fallen :D I think it would be great draw a page story ^^
Aug 20, 2008 3:31 PM

Apr 2008
hmm... anything interactive like contests or games and the like... ^^ what about like a digital anime picture contest... for like people who like photoshop
Aug 21, 2008 1:58 PM

Nov 2007
animesisters said:
hmm... anything interactive like contests or games and the like... ^^ what about like a digital anime picture contest... for like people who like photoshop
Like a designing contest? We can ask people to make banners, wallpapers, avatars, forum signatures, images... :D

I'm going to start it next week.

Rules?
Aug 21, 2008 2:02 PM

Feb 2008
Mah_Marina said:
animesisters said:
Like a designing contest? We can ask people to make banners, wallpapers, avatars, forum signatures, images... :D

Rules?
I can help with that :D Just needs some basic outline on how you'll do it and I can think of a couple of things.
Aug 21, 2008 2:08 PM

Nov 2007
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
animesisters said:

Rules?
I can help with that :D Just needs some basic outline on how you'll do it and I can think of a couple of things.
I'm planning to make it like the Drawing Contest (weekly, anime related...), but with some differences...
I'm planning to ask:
- banner or image or forum signature or wallpaper or avatar or forum pack (sig + avatar); (I'll choose one of those weekly)
- specific object/style/color/anime/character (ex: black and white (style))

What do you think?
Aug 21, 2008 2:13 PM

May 2008
Mah_Marina said:
animesisters said:

Rules?

I'm not sure but I think she had idea about same drawing contest as the ones going now.^^ Just with digital colouring.;D Now there are rules to colour it by hand and there could be rules to colour it digital way.^^ I'm not sure if she meant that,but I think that would be a nice thing..;D
Aug 21, 2008 2:16 PM

Feb 2008
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
animesisters said:

Rules?
I'm planning to make it like the Drawing Contest (weekly, anime related...), but with some differences...
I'm planning to ask:
- banner or image or forum signature or wallpaper or avatar or forum pack (sig + avatar); (I'll choose one of those weekly)

What do you think?
Sounds good. Though I think that you should also add like, a freestyle one that let's them amke any kind of banner, sig, ect without limitations to what they could do. Then it'd be pretty perfect.
Aug 21, 2008 2:21 PM

Nov 2007
Kirshi said:
I'm not sure but I think she had idea about same drawing contest as the ones going now.^^ Just with digital colouring.;D Now there are rules to colour it by hand and there could be rules to colour it digital way.^^ I'm not sure if she meant that,but I think that would be a nice thing..;D
Oh... I see... well, we can do that in DC... maybe a new type of contest...

GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
animesisters said:

Rules?
I'm planning to ask:

What do you think?
Sounds good. Though I think that you should also add like, a freestyle one that let's them amke any kind of banner, sig, ect without limitations to what they could do. Then it'd be pretty perfect.
Indeed. So... we just need to write the rules, make some banners and start it next week ^^
Aug 21, 2008 2:27 PM

Feb 2008
Mah_Marina said:
Kirshi said:
Oh... I see... well, we can do that in DC... maybe a new type of contest...

GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
animesisters said:

Rules?
I'm planning to ask:

What do you think?
Indeed. So... we just need to write the rules, make some banners and start it next week ^^
Yarg, shouldn't make the rules too complicated. Should be as simple as possible. Like, just no idiotic thing on the banners and shit unless it's suppose to be funny or something. We could add a category for comedy to get a few laughs outta people though. Also, we could just reuse some of the old rules and just add a couple of new ones when we find the need to. Unnecessary rules will provide unneeded pressure to people.
Aug 21, 2008 2:34 PM

Nov 2007
GoshuushoSama said:
Yarg, shouldn't make the rules too complicated. Should be as simple as possible. Like, just no idiotic thing on the banners and shit unless it's suppose to be funny or something. We could add a category for comedy to get a few laughs outta people though. Also, we could just reuse some of the old rules and just add a couple of new ones when we find the need to. Unnecessary rules will provide unneeded pressure to people.
Yeah...
Take a look at DC rules:
Aug 21, 2008 2:38 PM

Feb 2008
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Yeah...
Take a look at DC rules:
Yarg, exactly. Just like that kinda even though I never bothered to look at the drawing contest rules. Just like that. Next week we'll start then.
Aug 21, 2008 2:42 PM

Nov 2007
GoshuushoSama said:
Mah_Marina said:
GoshuushoSama said:
Yeah...
Take a look at DC rules:
Yarg, exactly. Just like that kinda even though I never bothered to look at the drawing contest rules. Just like that. Next week we'll start then. Ok ^^ I just need to change a couple things in the rules as you saw... and make a banner XD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who is the better strategist? Lelouch vi Britannia vs. Light Yagami ( 1 2 )

madskizzles - Jul 29, 2009

53 by -__Raven__- »»
May 6, 2021 2:52 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which eye ability is better? Sharingan (Naruto) vs. Geass (Code Geass)? ( 1 2 )

aznHoopsfan - Aug 2, 2009

65 by A231 »»
Nov 18, 2019 12:34 AM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Is Kira/Light's view of the world correct or is killing of criminals wrong?

aznHoopsfan - Nov 28, 2009

45 by MATTY_22 »»
Jun 1, 2017 7:59 PM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Who's more psycho? Shion Sonozaki (Higurashi no Naku Koro ni) vs. Lucy (Elfen Lied)?

aznHoopsfan - Sep 18, 2009

39 by toothless1504 »»
Jan 27, 2017 12:32 AM

Poll: » THE GREAT DEBATE: Which is better? Girls with guns or guys with swords? ( 1 2 )

aznHoopsfan - Nov 6, 2009

59 by Menchrese »»
Oct 24, 2015 8:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.