Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Loved Season 1, but I'm a little off on this one. Should I skip to Origination?

New
Dec 2, 2010 5:15 PM

May 2008
EDIT: I've already answered my questions in my next post (three posts below)

Something's not right.

I watched Aria the Animation two weeks ago, and it cast this spell on me. The experience was so fresh, the world of Aqua was so different, I just couldn't stop smiling.

The first four episodes of Natural were fantastic for me, as well. I especially favored the treasure hunt episode (ep 2), and episode 3 with the shooting stars was pretty nice as well.

Now I'm on episode 10, and every episode since 4 has been... well, really boring. The worst one for me was cat kingdom episode... they just go in circles for around half the episode, showing the same backgrounds over and over, and nothing happens. The Festa del Boccolo ep, ep 6 with Alice's "transformation", and ep 10 where the the girls follow Aria, they all felt very overdrawn with little substance. I end up asking myself "Why am I watching this?", since each episode just feels like a waste of time.

This definitely isn't a bad anime series, so I don't want to drop it, but I'm getting really bored watching it. I also really want to give Origination a chance.

Do the Natural episodes eventually get more substance in them, like the first season or the first four Natural episodes? If not, should I just skip directly to Origination?
FauxAznDec 12, 2010 10:04 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 9, 2010 6:39 PM

Nov 2009
I'm with you on this one. Probably going to watch the whole season anyway, but so far I feel as if the first season is a lot better.
Dec 9, 2010 7:58 PM

Nov 2007
Wait until the mysteries surrounding Aqua start to unfold at around two third of this series. I am at ep 21 and I cannot ask for more. It sure was just like ANIMATION at the beginning but, somehow I am more excited over NATURAL now. Last few episodes have been really amazing along with the mysterious encounters. Well, I wouldn't say more. If ORIGINATION is better than this one as many says, then I can't say anything since I am truly encountering an anime masterpiece with NATURAL already. A deserved 10/10.

hazukashii serifu kinshi!? XD.

I will strongly recommend not to watch ORIGINATION before completing NATURAL. Otherwise I have this feeling you won't be able to enjoy ORIGINATION as it should be.

shanimebibDec 12, 2010 6:32 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 12, 2010 9:57 AM

May 2008
So, with shanimebib's recommendation, I ended up finishing this season, and I'd like to answer some of my own questions from the first post for those who felt the same way as I did.

I still felt that some of the middle episodes trudged on without much substance after ep 10, to the point where they became a chore to watch. But as shanimebib said, around the time when the "mysteries" episodes start rolling in (around ep 20), Aria's magic revivifies.

And the thing about Aria is, whenever you actually get to a good episode, it really makes you forgive and forget the bad ones. The calm mood just makes you that happy sometimes.

Indeed, if you had the patience to watch and like Aria the Animation, with just a little more patience, I'm sure you too can get over some of the episodes in the middle that you might not enjoy, and continue watching since, imo, this series really does deserve a watch.

I still don't know if it would have changed very much if I didn't finish Natural and started watching Origination, since nothing really changed. There are no new main characters to speak of, the characters stay just about the same from the first season without many shocking developments, and the town of Aqua stays the same. However, I am glad I watched Natural, since the beginning episodes and the last third of this season were well done.
FauxAznDec 12, 2010 10:10 AM
Dec 12, 2010 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
I'm glad you decided to sit through the whole season, I actually had a hard time finishing it myself as well, felt like my mind wandered just a bit too much while watching certain episodes, but as someone once said that the first season introduces you to the world and wonderful characters of Aqua and its charm, and the second season takes it to a higher level by implementing some magical elements without taking it too far, and thereby engaging you even more in their world, and the third season, especially the last episode, just all perfectly wraps it up.

Seeing how your questions have been answered, I'm closing this thread.
Have fun watching Origination, though.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 18, 2008

53 by Marietta »»
Sep 27, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 7, 2008

63 by VampireLord1024 »»
Sep 16, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 23, 2008

56 by eblf2013 »»
Jul 19, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2008

62 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 8, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 4 Discussion

aero - May 27, 2008

49 by nirererin »»
Jul 5, 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.