Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 12, 2009 7:40 PM

Aug 2008
Leitmotiv is a Canadian Symphonic Prog. band from the Levis area of Quebec. They formed in 2002 with a lineup of Philippe Bourque, Jean-David Vien, Olivier Boucher, Charles Gendron-Carrier and Sébastien Jean-Troestler, where they recorded some tracks and toured the area for most of '03 and '04.

In 2005 they went into the studio after being signed by Menzo Productions and worked on their first album, Entangled. The CD release party featured the last time Sebastien and Charles would play with the band, and settled on becoming a trio with just Philippe, Jean-David, and Oliver to craft their blend of Prog. Rock. Their first album is available for purchase and free download on their official site, http://www.leitmotiv.ca

Personally I quite enjoyed the album. I heard quite a few passages that sounded as though they were lifted directly from Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick, which is, funnily enough, what I had just gotten finished listening to after I started on Leitmotiv. Very piano-driven and quite fun, but the vocals could use some work. Overall I'm impressed, would probably give the album a 7/10 as there are plenty of places where they could shape up, but it's still a good listen overall.

Also check out their Myspace if you don't feel like downloading the whole album.

I ordered it today, hope it comes in soon as I'm excited to get my hands on a physical copy.
We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Progressive music recommendations

Cheesebaron - May 20, 2008

34 by Voivodian »»
Feb 1, 2016 12:23 AM

» Newer bands you might take a look at.

Cheesebaron - May 21, 2008

7 by Marsyas »»
Sep 14, 2014 12:09 AM

» Rare progressive bands and albums

claptonisgod - Jun 7, 2008

2 by Revolution666 »»
Feb 17, 2013 6:42 PM

» How many of you have seen THIS?

CinemaZebra - Jun 3, 2010

0 by CinemaZebra »»
Jun 3, 2010 8:31 PM

» Turkish prog. bands

claptonisgod - Jun 6, 2008

2 by KingProgdor »»
May 12, 2009 7:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.