Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 12, 2009 1:53 PM

Jan 2008
Authors note: This fanfic is set after the series. So everything has happened from the anime

The morning rays were blocked off by the huge apartment building that was next to the house. The rays of light wasn't what woke Ryuuji up anyways, the alarm clock going off was his way of realizing the time.

Ryuuji groaned as he turned off the clock. He sat up and threw off his covers, only to bring his attention to a groaning girl laying in the bed beside him. "Baka, I want to sleep longer. Go make me something." She kicked him, knocking him out of the bed.

"ugh..wh..what are you doing here!?" He asked from the floor.

Taiga sat up in her nightgown. "Well, I was out last night...and I couldn't find another place to sleep..so I crawled into bed with you." She groaned and laid back down. She had been out with Minori for the whole night, catching up with their long break.

Ryuuji sat up and rubbed his head. He couldn't say he wasn't happy that she was in the same bed, but getting kicked out of it wasn't something he would be pleased about. He gave another groan and got up going into the kitchen
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 30, 2009 2:06 PM

Aug 2008
Ryuuji sighed and entered the kitchen. He set about making a simple breakfast of a western-styled omelets and toast. As he cooked, he noticed Taiga peeking in from the other room. "What is it, Taiga?"

Her face turned red as she responded flabbergastedly, "N-nothing, idiot! I was just wondering if breakfast was ready yet." She had been acting even more strange than usual after the incident where they had eloped.

"Right, right. Take a seat. Breakfast will be ready in a few minutes." Ryuuji calmly replied. He smiled inwardly to himself. So this is what it's like to live together. Cooking for the one he loved gave him an immense feeling of satisfaction.

When he finished preparing breakfast he placed a plate of food in front Taiga and got another plate for himself. Taiga quickly began eating, but then paused and stared at the food. "What is it?" Ryuuji asked.

"It's good." She responded.

"Huh? Of course it's good. This isn't the first time you've tried my cooking you know."

"Yeah, but this is the first time we've had breakfast alone together since you confessed." Taiga immediately turned bright red after saying that. Ryuuji also blushed and looked away. An embarrassed silence fell over the room.

"Ryuu-chan, is breakfast ready yet?" Yasuko yawned as she walked into the room. Then noticing the silent pair she exclaimed, "Oh my, what a cute couple!" She grabbed her own plate and began eating and talking. Taiga smiled as she conversed with Ya-chan. Ryuuji felt relieved as the tension drained out of the room.
"Cicadas, even though their lives last only a few weeks, fall in love and disappear"

~Heed the roar of the mighty ocelot~
Jul 9, 2009 9:56 AM

Dec 2007
Breakfast prepared, Ryuuji finally sat down to his own plate. The girls had already finished their meals and were now locked in rather casual conversation, as if they were used to living together.

So.... he though, glancing between them, ...is this what it's like to have your wife and her mother-in-law in the same house together?

Ryuuji suddenly made a pale face.

W-wait. I'm a man. And I've graduated high school. And I'm married.....

"What the hell am I doing!?"

The room fell silent, and suddenly, all eyes were on Ryuuji.

"Ah, uhmm....I mean...." scratching the back of his head, Ryuuji began to sputter, "I, uhmmm...I have a lot to do today, so I shouldn't be taking so long eating my breakfast, I mean. That's all."

Taiga eyed Ryuuji then, cocking a brow, "Eh? What are you talking about? You don't have to go to school any more, unless you forgot about that."

Looking down at Taiga's contented visage only made Ryuuji all the more uptight, How can she say something like that?? We're living....we're living at my mom's house! I'm a failure as a man! I need to provide!!"

"...a-arubaito."

"Eh? What was that, Ryuuji?" Yasuko was now giving him the same look.

"I mean, uhhmmm....you know--"

"WAAAAKKK!! A-a-a-a-aruu arruuuuuuu ruuuuuu.....!! Aruuuubababaaaiiibaiiii....bai? Bai bai!!" Inko-chan, oddly quiet until now, intoned Ryuuji's single word in such a way that he wouldn't be able to hide it. Unless, of course...nobody had any idea what the bird was trying to say to begin with.

"What the hell is the bird saying?" Taiga adopted a melancholy face and began to play with her utensils, clacking them against her empty bowl. That simple sound was about all Ryuuji could take, and a flood of images began to course through his brain, all the way from marriage, to kids, straight on to his old age, and how many times he could hear his beloved family clinking dishware together in-between.

"Bye-bye! Didn't you hear? It was bye-bye! And Inko-chan is right! So...." in a whirlwind of action, Ryuuji began to gather up the dishes and dump them in the sink. Before anybody had a chance to get a word in edgewise, he already had his shoes on, and was heading out the door.

"Bye-bye! Very busy today! Lots to do! See you tonight, ne??"

*clack* The front door shut behind him, and the girls were left glancing belwildered between the door, themselves, and the dirty dishes in the sink. Ryuuji's behavior might have been acceptable, but....for him of all people, to leave anything dirty, unattended?

Ryuuji began to descend the steps of his mother's home, his mind alive with the vain attempt to try to plan out the next fifty years of his life in only a few minutes. "Arubaito....part-time job....if I can't find a full time job, I need arubaito....dozens of them....more than even Minori....must....make....money...."
GaidaiJul 9, 2009 9:59 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Clannad

Gaidai - Feb 6, 2009

2 by Lessermaster »»
Jun 26, 2009 11:10 PM

» Lucky Star

Gaidai - Oct 11, 2008

27 by masterhoopla »»
Jan 15, 2009 2:48 PM

» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai

Gaidai - Oct 11, 2008

1 by masterhoopla »»
Nov 5, 2008 6:12 PM

Sticky: » Writer's Workshop

Gaidai - Oct 11, 2008

2 by Gaidai »»
Oct 12, 2008 9:23 AM

» Fate/Stay Night

Gaidai - Oct 11, 2008

0 by Gaidai »»
Oct 11, 2008 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.