Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2009 5:26 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so eventually even they all forgot about her, but at least her sister is going to be close to her from now on, thats nice
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 15, 5:39 AM

Dec 2019
So that was volume 3. A few thoughts:

1. This volume was rather lame, just half-baked adaptations of the VN toutes tightly squeezed between the timeline of the main story. Other than Fuko's, they were all done in a single chapter. We didn't even get Kotomi's, Misae's, Yukine's nor Kappei's routes, and the ones we did get were way too simplified. I would have lowkey preferred they wouldn't have adapted them at all, because these were just fillers that for those who played the VN, are lacking, and for those who did not, are confusing and plotwise poor.

2. Fuko's route was decently adapted because they dedicated 3 whole volumes to it, I guess because of Yoshino's role during After Story and needing to introduce him somehow (the VN and anime introduced him rather casually). However, it was lacking, the whole part in which Fuko moves in with the Furukawa family, the whole debacle with people forgetting about her and everything else was either missing or simplified to just a few panels. It did make shed a few tears, though; first time I cried to a manga, albeit just barely and only because I've already experienced this story through other more emotive means.

3. More of a meta thing, but damn, this is nostalgic as shit. This volume was released in 2006, December I think. It's turning 18 just a few months from the time I'm posting this. It's sometimes hard to believe Clannad is already a story over 20 years old. Reading this manga really puts me somewhere else in time, all the comments on the chapters are from 2010 or earlier, whoever scanlated it is probably like 40 by now, the group that translated this has been defunct for well over a decade, so seeing their ads at the beginning and end of each chapter, promoting a defunct website and an IRC chat, it's really a massive nostalgic thing. It feels like it's been a lifetime since this came out, so reading it really just makes me feel in a different era.
Pretend there's something flashy and cool here.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Chapter 26 Discussion

geemaa - May 29, 2010

2 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Clannad Chapter 24 Discussion

Jrittmayer - Aug 31, 2010

1 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 20, 5:32 AM

Poll: » Clannad Chapter 21 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 29, 2009

2 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 17, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Clannad Chapter 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - Apr 27, 2009

2 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 16, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Clannad Chapter 16 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 30, 2009

2 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Aug 13, 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.